Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Emre Can - 17/18 watch....

Quote Originally Posted by Robertojones View Post
    So you'd prefer all our players to leave on a free? And any that get sold with time remaining in their contracts are classed as rats?
    You’re placing all different cases in to pigeonholes. The Club need to be smarter if they want to make money, it’s not on the player’s to make Clubs money. Obviously, after a certain amount of time you’d expect some bond/loyalty between employer/employee but each case needs to be looked at individually to assess whether someone’s a rat or not.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    You’re placing all different cases in to pigeonholes. The Club need to be smarter if they want to make money, it’s not on the player’s to make Clubs money. Obviously, after a certain amount of time you’d expect some bond/loyalty between employer/employee but each case needs to be looked at individually to assess whether someone’s a rat or not.
    Thats the one right there, we are getting better as a team but our backroom boys are still making a mess of things, if they were on point, it would never have come to this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Thats the one right there, we are getting better as a team but our backroom boys are still making a mess of things, if they were on point, it would never have come to this.
    I, personally, think we’re much better behind the scenes. The Can case is just one of those things I don’t blame the Club for one bit. I actually think a lot more young players will do what Emre did. You did need a level of confidence in your own abilities to pull it off though.

Actually, we’re seeing quite a few players coming out of Europe on ‘frees’ recently aren’t we?

I, personally, think we’re much better behind the scenes. The Can case is just one of those things I don’t blame the Club for one bit. I actually think a lot more young players will do what Emre did. You did need a level of confidence in your own abilities to pull it off though.

Actually, we’re seeing quite a few players coming out of Europe on ‘frees’ recently aren’t we?
    I also think there's an element whereby his case is judged independently - he cost a modest fee and has been earning a modest wage, he's not been a huge investment that we have to get some return from. We've had reasonable value from him.

I honestly believe FSG are giving Klopp considerable license to make these decisions - if he said he'd rather keep him this season and try to convince him to extend, I'm glad FSG didn't overrule him and sell.

I'm also far from convinced that Juve offered anything like 30m anyway.

Yep greed is a real thing and money is all that matters to some people, cant blame them if thats all they want, they do retire pretty early too, still it doesnt mean I have to like it !!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Yep greed is a real thing and money is all that matters to some people, cant blame them if thats all they want, they do retire pretty early too, still it doesnt mean I have to like it !!
    The opposite to that though could be players getting stuck on contracts they longer wish to be a part of? When a player wants to break free we call them greedy, rats.. ‘he shouldn’t have signed the contract’ etc.. yet, when he doesn’t sign it, we’re still calling him greedy?

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    The opposite to that though could be players getting stuck on contracts they longer wish to be a part of? When a player wants to break free we call them greedy, rats.. ‘he shouldn’t have signed the contract’ etc.. yet, when he doesn’t sign it, we’re still calling him greedy?
    They're just greedy whatever happens!

Yep, they get paid far too much money as it is.

I don't believe either of them are "rats". I was bringing over a conversation from the Couts thread where some posters had said Couts was a rat for leaving after signing a contract and only thinking about himself and not the club. My point is that we've made a huge amount of money from him signing his contract, players refusing to sign a contract so they get a handsome signing on fee are only thinking about themselves and are worse than what Couts has done.
    LFC not accepting the Juve bid is poor, but Can was offered a contract here but he wouldn't sign it.

I don't believe either of them are "rats". I was bringing over a conversation from the Couts thread where some posters had said Couts was a rat for leaving after signing a contract and only thinking about himself and not the club. My point is that we've made a huge amount of money from him signing his contract, players refusing to sign a contract so they get a handsome signing on fee are only thinking about themselves and are worse than what Couts has done.
    LFC not accepting the Juve bid is poor, but Can was offered a contract here but he wouldn't sign it.
    Let’s simplify.

Why should he sign it if he doesn’t want to be here?

Let’s simplify.

Why should he sign it if he doesn’t want to be here?
    I don't think you're understood me. He doesn't have to sign, but why is Couts being called a rat for leaving and LFC getting money for him, but Emre declines a contract and goes for nothing, yet that's fine?
    Plus, if Emre didn't want to be here, why say that he still may sign a few months ago? Trying to get higher wages either here or Juve? Again, that's up-to him if he wants to do that, but can't call Couts a rat saying he's only thinking about himself but it's ok of Emre does it.

I don't think you're understood me. He doesn't have to sign, but why is Couts being called a rat for leaving and LFC getting money for him, but Emre declines a contract and goes for nothing, yet that's fine?
    Plus, if Emre didn't want to be here, why say that he still may sign a few months ago? Trying to get higher wages either here or Juve? Again, that's up-to him if he wants to do that, but can't call Couts a rat saying he's only thinking about himself but it's ok of Emre does it.
    I get what you saying, I just think you’re looking at it wrong.

We got Coutinho to sign a contract, not to make money off him but coz we wanted him to play for us for the next few years. We even wanted to make him Captain (apparently). He signed that contract, letting us know that he’ll be here for the next X amount of years but then suddenly wanted out.

Can made it clear he didn’t want to hang around at LFC and wanted to move on. It wasn’t about getting higher wages but he wanted an ‘out clause’ just in case things changed or something better came along. We didn’t want to give him that ‘out’ option so he decided to get out now. Fair enough, I say.

It’s like if you say you’ll drop me off to the airport and then suddenly call me up and cancel, compared to telling me you can’t do it from the start. Both mean you can’t drop me off but there’s a difference between the two, right?
    Last edited by WinterPoolStark; 8-1-18 at 16:37.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    I get what you saying, I just think you’re looking at it wrong.

We got Coutinho to sign a contract, not to make money off him but coz we wanted him to play for us for the next few years. We even wanted to make him Captain (apparently). He signed that contract, letting us know that he’ll be here for the next X amount of years but then suddenly wanted out.

Can made it clear he didn’t want to hang around at LFC and wanted to move on. It wasn’t about getting higher wages but he wanted an ‘out clause’ just in case things changed or something better came along. We didn’t want to give him that ‘out’ option so he decided to get out now. Fair enough, I say.
    Both Can and Phil situations are just the norm in modern football.

The only time it becomes a problem is when your club is on the negative side of it rather than the positive.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Oblak

Moreno
    VVD
    Matip
    Gomez

Keita
    Can
    Lemar

Mane
    Firmino
    Salah

Anyone think Emre would be tempted to stay in this case?

Oblak

Moreno
    VVD
    Matip
    Gomez

Keita
    Can
    Lemar

Mane
    Firmino
    Salah

Think his mind was made up a while ago and he's already agreed a deal with Juve tbh.

Oblak

Moreno
    VVD
    Matip
    Gomez

Keita
    Can
    Lemar

Mane
    Firmino
    Salah

Moreno? It should take a far better player than Moreno to get Robertson out of the team imo.

But in relation to your question, I don’t think it’s Can that needs convincing, I don't think he’s a major part of Klopp’s plans, but probably wants to be somewhere. If he was vital to what’s going on, I’d say he’d have signed long ago.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Think his mind was made up a while ago and he's already agreed a deal with Juve tbh.
    I’ve read this was a lie (premature) and Emre hasn’t agreed anything with Juve yet?

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Moreno? It should take a far better player than Moreno to get Robertson out of the team imo.

But in relation to your question, I don’t think it’s Can that needs convincing, I don't think he’s a major part of Klopp’s plans, but probably wants to be somewhere. If he was vital to what’s going on, I’d say he’d have signed long ago.
    I stole it from elsewhere and didn’t notice Moreno

I think Klopp would happily keep him if Emre wanted to stay

I’ve read this was a lie (premature) and Emre hasn’t agreed anything with Juve yet?
    I'm not basing it on any report it's just my take on it. I would be astounded if he agreed a new deal with us.

I stole it from elsewhere and didn’t notice Moreno

I think Klopp would happily keep him if Emre wanted to stay
    I hate that!

On the other point, yeah I think Klopp would happily keep him, and he’d be useful, just that I don’t think it’s top of the list stuff. I find it hard to believe he’d be passing up a central role here, or that Klopp wouldn’t have convinced him to be part of it, maybe I’m wrong.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

He signed that contract, letting us know that he’ll be here for the next X amount of years but then suddenly wanted out.

Can made it clear he didn’t want to hang around at LFC and wanted to move on. It wasn’t about getting higher wages but he wanted an ‘out clause’ just in case things changed or something better came along.
    Erm, for Coutinho, something better did come along also which changed his view on playing for us; Barcelona.

The only difference is Can refused to sign a contract because he wasn't happy with it (nothing to explicitly let him leave), whereas Coutinho just signed a contract he was happy with. Both have a right to change their mind if circumstances and/or reasons change. The outcome is the same, both leaving. The only different is that one is netting us £135 million in doing so the selfish ******!

Emre Can was his birthday yesterday

Happy 24th Birthday to himself

canookiewookie is online now Academy prospect
    He was an absolute beast today. Showed what he can bring to a team with a bit more consistency. A fantastic talent.

I hope he stays now. Showing more consistency now and has been a workhorse in some tough fixtures.

+Shriekback+ is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post
    He was an absolute beast today. Showed what he can bring to a team with a bit more consistency. A fantastic talent.
    He was everywhere today, top class performance.
    "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

He was at it from the first minute, challenging for everything.
    Brilliant performance.

Quote Originally Posted by +Shriekback+ View Post
    He was everywhere today, top class performance.
    Indeed. He didn’t let up. He came out with a purpose.

Absolutely hate the idea of him walking away for free.

Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    Absolutely hate the idea of him walking away for free.
    So do I. I hate that he’s leaving even more.

Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post
    So do I. I hate that he’s leaving even more.
    Hard to build a squad when you lose good players, especially for nothing.