Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Ox so far?

LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    The Mane injury is a blessing for him. I don't think he'll start on Saturday, but I think he will vs Maribor then it's up to him to stay in the team.

He won't get back into the grove by sitting on the bench.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCushionedHeader View Post
    The Mane injury is a blessing for him. I don't think he'll start on Saturday, but I think he will vs Maribor then it's up to him to stay in the team.

He won't get back into the grove by sitting on the bench.
    It's also fantastic for Wijnaldum. There is always an injury or two which makes sure he keeps his place.

LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    It's also fantastic for Wijnaldum. There is always an injury or two which makes sure he keeps his place.
    Yeah he's having a tough time of it at the moment after a decent season last year.

Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    We continuously drop points, our captain is inept and uninspiring, Gini is Hollow Man 85 minutes of every game, our defending is poor, we are falling behind in the table, can't seem to put the ball in the net despite a multitude of chances, Klopp hasn't figured out how to properly introduce subs, Klopp thinks this squad is good enough.... I could continue but I think you get my point... What exactly is enjoyable about all that? A whole lot of nothing
    Mate you have been flinging **** at the team for so long I honestly don't know why you bother watching at all. I'm still not sure what it is you actually want anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    I like pretty much everyone apart from Henderson, Lovren, Wijnaldum, Markovic, Ings, Karius and Chamberlain.

What sort of question is that?

I've been critical of Wijnaldum, correct. (Although check your facts, I gave him a lot of praise after his last good game against Arsenal). And I've been critical of Oxlade Chamberlain who has done nothing in his career to prove he offers more than Lazar Markovic.

"You don't seem to get a lot of enjoyment watching the team". I'd be surprised if any Liverpool fan has experienced much enjoyment this season. We've won 1 game in 6 for crying out loud, apologies for not getting the party poppers out
    Well I have. I have enjoyed the Arsenal game, the two Hoffenheim games, our wins over Palace and Leicester and I was at Anfield for the Sevilla game where we played great football for most of the night. Are we a perfect team? No way. Do they frustrate me? All the time. Do I wish we did not have certain players? Yes, I think Moreno and Lovren and Migs are Buck average. But when it comes match day, anyone who puts a red shirt on at any time has my support.

Quote Originally Posted by Klopphopper View Post
    Well I have. I have enjoyed the Arsenal game, the two Hoffenheim games, our wins over Palace and Leicester and I was at Anfield for the Sevilla game where we played great football for most of the night. Are we a perfect team? No way. Do they frustrate me? All the time. Do I wish we did not have certain players? Yes, I think Moreno and Lovren and Migs are Buck average. But when it comes match day, anyone who puts a red shirt on at any time has my support.
    Absolutely, KH .. I would go so far as to say I have enjoyed every game we have played this season, with the exception of one (no prizes for guessing which one that was). People are making too much of our bad performances - they actually haven't been for the most part - stupid defending at crucial moments, and profligacy in front of goal is what has cost us, not overall bad team performances.

Sooner rather then later, we are going to give someone an unholy thrashing .. praying it is this weekend but cannot see it because Mourinho is far too canny a manager to give too much away. It's coming though - mark my words.

So what point are you trying to make? Obviously I enjoyed the wins prior to the first international break, but the past few weeks have been far from enjoyable for Liverpool fans who want to win.

There are players you don't rate, there are players I don't rate. On the pitch every Liverpool player has my support too. But it's not matchday is it? so either you seem to be trying to take some sort of nonexistent moral high ground or I just simply have no idea what point you're making

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Absolutely, KH .. I would go so far as to say I have enjoyed every game we have played this season, with the exception of one (no prizes for guessing which one that was). People are making too much of our bad performances - they actually haven't been for the most part - stupid defending at crucial moments, and profligacy in front of goal is what has cost us, not overall bad team performances.

Sooner rather then later, we are going to give someone an unholy thrashing .. praying it is this weekend but cannot see it because Mourinho is far too canny a manager to give too much away. It's coming though - mark my words.
    You enjoyed us failing to beat Burnley at home, losing to Leicester, dropping points against Newcastle, dropping points against Sevilla, failing to beat Spartak Moscow?

I very much admire fans who can stay optimistic no matter what the circumstances but at the end of the day it's the result that actually matters, it doesn't matter how we play. The only important thing is 1 win in 6 games, so it's hardly a surprise that there isn't much optimism being passed around at the moment.

Saying that I think we'll get a result tomorrow, Klopp's record against the big 6 is unmatched

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post

Mate I just don't understand the point about bitching and moaning about every small thing. If people don't like what they are seeing don't *******g watch! Plenty of other sport and football to see. You have AngriestRed coming onto this board every day going on about one thing or another. As I said I don't know even know what he wants anymore. And it doesn't matter if we win or lose!

Mate you have been flinging **** at the team for so long I honestly don't know why you bother watching at all. I'm still not sure what it is you actually want anymore.
    I want the club to fix the **** that is broken and win some ****! Is that too much to ask?!

Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    So what point are you trying to make? Obviously I enjoyed the wins prior to the first international break, but the past few weeks have been far from enjoyable for Liverpool fans who want to win.

There are players you don't rate, there are players I don't rate. On the pitch every Liverpool player has my support too. But it's not matchday is it? so either you seem to be trying to take some sort of nonexistent moral high ground or I just simply have no idea what point you're making
    My point as someone who has just turned 50 and seen some bad **** in my life in some terrible places enjoy the game if we win, lose or draw. It's your club which I'm sure you love. Take the good with the bad and one day when we win our next title the victory will feel sweeter.

Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    I want the club to fix the **** that is broken and win some ****! Is that too much to ask?!
    We will. Just keep the faith.

My point as someone who has just turned 50 and seen some bad **** in my life in some terrible places enjoy the game if we win, lose or draw. It's your club which I'm sure you love. Take the good with the bad and one day when we win our next title the victory will feel sweeter.

Yep .. as much as I would like us to win every game, and get the most favourable result every time we play, I have watched enough football in my time to know that isn't anywhere near possible - and that includes the glory years between 1971 - 1990. In all areas of life, there are a lot more important things then simply winning at everything .. enjoyment can be found in the most unexpected places, if only you care to look.

Yes, our run of late has not been what any of us want it to be in terms of results .. but to suggest that watching Liverpool is a chore and there is little to be gained from it unless we get the right result is very wide of the mark for me. There is beauty to be found if your eyes are open to it.

Surprisingly explosive today.

Didn't get much time...as you do when you're a sub player under Klopp, but he looked fired up at least.

Good player, hopefully we see Cou replace Emre in midfield, with Ox given a run on the wing.

good cameo today.....its gonna all be about baby steps as he mentally rehabs.

Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post
    Garbage
    at least be mildly reasonable.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    I thought he showed good pace and aggression when he came on and he’s good enough to start in the week

Should have came on earlier today.

Salah was shattered, and when Oxlade-Chamberlain came on, he had Darmian on toast.

Just didn’t have enough time.

Excellent today even though it was only 15 minutes.

Hopefully we are starting to see what Klopp saw and has been working on, power, pace and a really good option wide right.

Defo needs to work on his delivery though........

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    I thought he showed good pace and aggression when he came on and he’s good enough to start in the week
    spot on. time for him to grab his chance here.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post

Hopefully we are starting to see what Klopp saw and has been working on, power, pace and a really good option wide right.

Defo needs to work on his delivery though........
    good post, thought he did ok for the little time he was on. made jones? darmian? look really, really bad - was there a meg there as well

TheSoundLady is online now Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post

Agreed, Ox was excellent today. Made me really happy to see what he can do.

TheSoundLady is online now Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post
    Garbage
    Go easy on yourself. Your posts aren't always *that* bad.

looked good on wing .. should mabe start there with mane out

Snippes is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSoundLady View Post
    Agreed, Ox was excellent today. Made me really happy to see what he can do.
    Definitely a step in the right direction today. He didn't get a lot of minutes but he certainly made the most of it. You can't ask for more from a sub who comes in and immediately asserts himself. Damien and Jones must have been feeling sick watching fresh legs come on after dealing with Mo for 78 minutes and here comes this guy just looking to run at them at every opportunity.

Bringing him on slowly is a good idea IMO. I think he can make a very useful squad player.

Snippes is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SerRenely View Post
    at least be mildly reasonable.
    Look who you are talking about. If anyone knows garbage.....

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Useful cameo but again, not being done many favours by having 15 minutes. Needs longer periods, should get a start in Maribor.