Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United (h) - Sat 14th 12:30

Quote Originally Posted by Hair Helmet View Post
    Not moaning. Just being realistic. We have a non-existent defence and our attackers are losing form. Meanwhile, they and City are wiping the floor with every opponent they faced.
    They've played 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 20; not exactly the type of opposition you'd expect a quality side to struggle against...

And yet 12 lost 0-1 and 13 managed a road draw against them so really they've only "wiped the floor" with 15, 16, 17, 18, and 20-a real murderer's row that. IMO City have been more impressive thus far with their wins against Chelsea, Watford, and us, ManUre are riding a cooked fixture list...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Bri_Bates View Post
    They've played 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 20; not exactly the type of opposition you'd expect a quality side to struggle against...

And yet 12 lost 0-1 and 13 managed a road draw against them so really they've only "wiped the floor" with 15, 16, 17, 18, and 20-a real murderer's row that. IMO City have been more impressive thus far with their wins against Chelsea, Watford, and us, ManUre are riding a cooked fixture list...
    A cooked fixture list for over 30 years.and the scum have never won anyting the other sides gave them trohpys by rolling over.
    Last edited by -hoot; 2-10-17 at 17:29.

Good god

Mr klopp.
    im becoming 40 that day. Give me something to celebrate. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    I'm glad we get 2 weeks to train for this game.

I want high tempo pressing, hard challenges, and good finishing.

I think this game can turn our season around.

Migs
    Gomez Matip Lovren Moreno
    Can Henderson Wij
    Salah Firmino Coutinho
    26 Liverpool players on international duty.

To even consider league position this early of opponents as the basis of an argument is quite appalling.

ManU have been playing outstandingly well, almost like the LFC of the '13/14 banging in 4 goals against almost all the opponents. To even suggest that they've only'wiped the floor'is just clutching at straws.

But, we're going to batter United though, because Klopp knows best and will field a strong line up, defensively solid yet lethal in attacking.

Yes. On form, Salah is creating the most counter attacking chances.

It's going to be a tough battle in midfield, and I'd want an extra man in there not named Coutinho with Elbows roaming the hoof's and GK's.

But I want him in the side. Bring Mane on around 55 if we need him and shift accordingly. Wij, for everything else he can't do going forward, is strong on the ball which I think we'll need in the middle of the park.
    I think Wijnaldum, with the exception of the arsenal game, has been one of the worst players for us this season. He hides in every game, standing next to opposition players so no one passes to him. Much rather play Mane, at least he will fight for us. Hopefully boot de gea in the head as well.

I'd like to see us put a really defensive midfield out and rely on pace in the break against them. I'd like to see Ward in goal too as I think Utd will resort to hoofing it up to Fellaini and Lukaku if tight, Ward looks the best GK we have for dominating his area. Play Robertson at LB as its not a game where we need full backs bombing on and Gomez RB as he's more defensively minded than TAA, wouldn't mind seeing Milner play there if not picked for midfield in this one, full backs to very rarely cross the half way line.

I would go with a midfield diamond of Can at 6, Henderson and Milner in front and Coutinho behind Mane and Firmino. I have always said I don't like Milner and Henderson playing together but with Can as well let's out Mourinho Mourinho with boring tactics. He'll probably play Matic, Fellaini and that horrible little weasel Herrera in the midfield who will do foul after foul and constantly get away with it as he always does and try to get us on the break, let's make sure our defenders are in the right position to defend, hence no Moreno please!

Adamhoward is offline Armchair supporter
    I strongly agree with you. Hope for the best.
    Adam Howard

Migs
    Can Henderson Wij
    Salah Firmino Coutinho
    2 days more like, if we're lucky. Klopp doesn't have the players hanging around for 2 weeks

Lots of travelling for our boys over the international break.

Migs
    Can Henderson Wij
    Salah Firmino Coutinho
    sure the direction of our season is not where it should be, however I don't think a game this early can turn a season around - it's very unorthodox. I won't have a problem one bit if it does, man utd need a win as much as us, both sides will be dangerous, both teams have strengths and weaknesses.

i dont like that its international break in between.
    i think we could beat them,just stop felaini in our goalkeepers area

I'm also in favour of a more defensive setup (which funnily enough was what Jose did this time last year after the international break against us). I'd like to start similarly to how we ended against Newcastle then hopefully be in a position to unleash Sadio and Salah against tired legs.

------------------Ward
    Gomez-----Matip------Lovren------Robertson
    ----------------Emre Can
    ----------Milner-------Chamberlain
    ----------------Coutinho
    ----------Firmino------Solanke

Subs: Karius, Klavan, Flanagan, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Mané, Salah

I don't see what Robertson and Ward have to do to start a game, they're clearly the better option to Migs/Karius and Moreno respectively. If Mignolet or Karius start then I can see them flapping at crosses or getting outmuscled by Fellaini and Lukaku in the air. Ward on the other hand made some excellent catches from deep crosses against Leicester.

I can't see this being the team but it's a system Klopp used on Sunday and to success away to West Ham last season so I hope we try something different and select the right players. It's disappointing to see Gini, Moreno, Mignolet and Henderson play most games when their performances have been poor. I guess we also have to hope our players get back unscathed whilst Manchester United aren't so lucky.
    Last edited by L4Sensation; 3-10-17 at 19:46.

Quote Originally Posted by L4Sensation View Post
    I'm also in favour of a more defensive setup (which funnily enough was what Jose did this time last year after the international break against us). I'd like to start similarly to how we ended against Newcastle then hopefully be in a position to unleash Sadio and Salah against tired legs.

------------------Ward
    Gomez-----Matip------Lovren------Robertson
    ----------------Emre Can
    ----------Milner-------Chamberlain
    ----------------Coutinho
    ----------Firmino------Solanke

Subs: Karius, Klavan, Flanagan, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Mané, Salah

I don't see what Robertson and Ward have to do to start a game, they're clearly the better option to Migs/Karius and Moreno respectively. If Mignolet or Karius start then I can see them flapping at crosses or getting outmuscled by Fellaini and Lukaku in the air. Ward on the other hand made some excellent catches from deep crosses against Leicester.

I can't see this being the team but it's a system Klopp used on Sunday and to success away to West Ham last season so I hope we try something different and select the right players. It's disappointing to see Gini, Moreno, Mignolet and Henderson play most games when their performances have been poor. I guess we also have to hope our players get back unscathed whilst Manchester United aren't so lucky.
    And how many times have you seen ward and Robertson to make that assessment?

Bloke at Manchester managing them are totally different kettle of fish compared last year as they were very defensive now they've added more attacking threat as well as being solid defensively

I don't know if we can contain there Fab Four

going to be very interesting game with are manager obsessed with attacking and not defending

Dreaming of a win hoping for draw logic would be a loss

3 4 3

Gomez--matip--lovren

Arnold--Henderson--can--Moreno

mane--firminio--couhtinio

Quote Originally Posted by ravo19 View Post
    3 4 3

Gomez--matip--lovren

mane--firminio--couhtinio
    No goalkeeper? Wonder if that make any difference on the scoreline? (possibly not, since the opposition score with nearly every one on target anyway!)
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    And how many times have you seen ward and Robertson to make that assessment?
    And how many times have you seen them to conclude Mignolet and whoever are clearly better............?

Quote Originally Posted by -Optimister- View Post
    To even consider league position this early of opponents as the basis of an argument is quite appalling.
    mancs arrive, can't remember the last time I saw your username.

Anyway, use of the current league table is far from "quite appalling", it's not as if one can use the final table () but that aside it takes into account FORM which may vary across the season which added together forms the final table, but ultimately if say 'uddersfield and Watford are doing well early season why ignore it?

Funnily enough I glanced at the league table last weekend after the match and who we'd played, FIVE of the top 9, and won both games against the sides outside of the top 9.

Newcastle, Bumley and Watford might not be brilliant sides and not all that likely more than one will stay in the top 9 if any, but their early season form could show our draw against each of them wasn't quite as bad as might appear - two of them away from home.

Not suggesting our form is brilliant and we're victim to fixtures or anything, just that there are times during a season when even modest or weaker sides are harder to play. That said we should have been scoring enough to win the games, we are wasteful in and around the penalty area and whilst a lot of focus is on our defending, we've not scored enough goals consistently

3+ goals scored

August - 3x Watford, Hoffenheim, Arsenal (5 games)
    September - 1x Leicester (6 games)
    October - none so far (1 game)

Mane missed a few games in September, but then again so did Coutinho at the start of the season and we still had lots of shots in most games regardless of absences, and just because someone is missing doesn't mean we can't score.

They will put ibrahimovic alone upfront, it will enough to destroy us if we use 4-4-3 formation

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by norman999 View Post
    They will put ibrahimovic alone upfront, it will enough to destroy us if we use 4-4-3 formation
    We should beat them playing 4-4-3 to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    We should beat them playing 4-4-3 to be honest
    Lol I mean 4-3-3

Isn't big beak out until January?
    Farewell my lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Funnily enough I glanced at the league table last weekend after the match and who we'd played, FIVE of the top 9, and won both games against the sides outside of the top 9.

Newcastle, Bumley and Watford might not be brilliant sides and not all that likely more than one will stay in the top 9 if any, but their early season form could show our draw against each of them wasn't quite as bad as might appear - two of them away from home.

Not suggesting our form is brilliant and we're victim to fixtures or anything, just that there are times during a season when even modest or weaker sides are harder to play. That said we should have been scoring enough to win the games, we are wasteful in and around the penalty area and whilst a lot of focus is on our defending, we've not scored enough goals consistently

3+ goals scored

August - 3x Watford, Hoffenheim, Arsenal (5 games)
    September - 1x Leicester (6 games)
    October - none so far (1 game)

Mane missed a few games in September, but then again so did Coutinho at the start of the season and we still had lots of shots in most games regardless of absences, and just because someone is missing doesn't mean we can't score.
    Particularly true of Burnley. Thus far their away results are wins at Chelsea and Everton and draws at LFC and Spurs. They may well not continue that form but they are certainly off to a quite good start away from home.

[QUOTE=ravo19;12854412]3 4 3

Gomez--matip--lovren

mane--firminio--couhtinio[/QUO

Quote Originally Posted by mihamiha23 View Post
    i dont like that its international break in between.
    i think we could beat them,just stop felaini in our goalkeepers area
    Well, the last international break turned us upside down, hopefully this one does the same and puts us back to scoring like we were at the start of the season.

Lol I mean 4-3-3
    They've been playing 4-4-3 for years with the additional midfield help of the referee.

Justdance is offline Armchair supporter
    Fifa 2018 simulation is the worst thing in this world. According to this i dont think that we lose by 3 goals to MU. Maybe 2-1 can be but not 3-0.
    Anyway, waiting for victory!