Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Manchester United (h) - Sat 14th 12:30

you cant judge our defenders yesterday.they had no work,like mignolet.one shoot from united
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by -hoot View Post
    It's all about results, I was born in the 1950s and can remember the Liverpool dominance the one nil up then pass back to the goalie for most of the game.
    Green with envy

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by -hoot View Post
    The pass back rule
    was because Liverpool was the most boring team in the world
    Winning the European cup 5 times is hardly boring

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    the most boring
    He wanted to write 'bright'

Do you know Liverpool football club voted against Manchester United entering European cups, it was benith english clubs to enter the competition.
    Last edited by -hoot; 15-10-17 at 18:34.

Quote Originally Posted by +Shriekback+ View Post
    Because he is good at it, he dictates the result with the way he set up his sides.
    so does pulis,but he gets slagged off for it

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Genuinely was how I'd expect the likes of Burnley, West Brom and Crystal Palace to come and play against us. Mourinho really is just Pulis with money in these games, shameful approach for such a big club. Young playing ahead of the likes of Rashford and Mata said it all.
    Shameful but it works. We do not have the quality to break down teams that come and sit. We could have played another 90 minutes and not scored.

Title hopes are all but over with the gap City are creating

Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    You had title hopes?

What we need (aside from defenders and we do still need them) is a bleeding striker. There is a reason why we are creating and failing to score so many chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsmyth View Post
    You had title hopes?

What we need (aside from defenders and we do still need them) is a bleeding striker. There is a reason why we are creating and failing to score so many chances.
    Well at least compete for the title....but those hopes ended after the City game to be honest

lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    I loved how Mourinho tried to twist the plot by saying that we didn't change our tactics to be more offensive. Nice try buddy, but everyone talked about how pathetic your team and tactics were.

Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    I loved how Mourinho tried to twist the plot by saying that we didn't change our tactics to be more offensive. Nice try buddy, but everyone talked about how pathetic your team and tactics were.
    I pretty much made a similar point, that unless Mourinho refrains from being a coward against the better sides he will not be winning the league this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    Shouldn't worry about other teams, we can't change that. Only about ourselves mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    I pretty much made a similar point, that unless Mourinho refrains from being a coward against the better sides he will not be winning the league this year.
    There's a difference between being defensive and making a good team beat you, and then there's what he did on Saturday.

I understand that United don't want to lose to Liverpool, so you usually pack the midfield and make it tight at the back. But if I were a United fan, and after seeing the start they've had goal wise, to not even try and play football, I'd be pretty upset.

He's a balloon head with no respect for other managers and teams. Total moron. However, I expect Utd to be in the top 4 and staying close to City with his tactics. A fellow member 'TheDarknessIsCalling' made reference to the fact that winning more than you draw, all be it without loosing too many, will give you a chance of winning the league. 27 wins is the target.

Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    He's a balloon head with no respect for other managers and teams. Total moron. However, I expect Utd to be in the top 4 and staying close to City with Maonerine's tactics. A fellow member 'TheDarknessIsCalling' made reference to the fact that winning more than you draw, all be it without loosing too many, will give you a chance of winning the league. 27 wins is the target.
    Someone should have told Rafa that.

That game was calling out for a Keita type player in our midfield.

The few times we really created and looked threatening was when Can or Coutinho and even Matip once, drove through the middle of the park and made United break their shape and we opened up lanes. We were really missing that type of player who can consistently do that.

Keita, Lemar, Coutinho. These players have that ability. I'd like to have at least 2 of those 3 in our squad next season.

Someone should have told Rafa that.
    Rafa had a spine, didn't have the attacking power we have. If we could merge both teams we'd win the league.

The few times we really created and looked threatening was when Can or Coutinho and even Matip once, drove through the middle of the park and made United break their shape and we opened up lanes. We were really missing that type of player who can consistently do that.

Keita, Lemar, Coutinho. These players have that ability. I'd like to have at least 2 of those 3 in our squad next season.
    We've got two and there is no reason we why we can't get Lemar.

Agree, i've mentioned this maybe 3 times on forum already, but we could have had a pop at goal without needing that extra touch. Coutinho had at least 2 oportunities to hit it when rolled to him and so did other players. To beat De Gea you need to hit the target without him expecting it, it might rebound nicely to our players. We don't always need to play the perfect pass or be too precise against sides who park the bus.

I very much agree with this. If we can keep Cout next season and add Fabinho and Goretzka fine, if not, I think we should bring Lemar or Draxler. With these players, we can play 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1. With the right CB additions (VVD & Manolas) and a CF, this group can deal with most teams comfortably.

Just like last year, I DELIBERATELY missed the match just to spite Wilberto Silva.

I knew it would likely end 0-0, Jose is that predictable. It wasn't as bad as last year (via MOTD highlights, last game lol) but still dreadful nonetheless.

Mourinho is anti-football. But he got his precious point.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by JesalTV View Post
    Just like last year, I DELIBERATELY missed the match just to spite Wilberto Silva.

I knew it would likely end 0-0, Jose is that predictable. It wasn't as bad as last year (via MOTD highlights, last game lol) but still dreadful nonetheless.

Mourinho is anti-football. But he got his precious point.

With the way we have been conceding goals you would think an opposing manager would be licking his chops getting ready to play us. Just get the ball somewhere near our goal and somehow, someway it'll probably go in.

Not Maureen, he thought he was smart parking the bus against us. I pray he is never our manager.