Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting in Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    I fire guns quite a bit to stay proficient at shooting... Never know if I will ever need to protect myself or my family... This incident has hit home to me as I lived in Vegas for 8 years during some of my military service and I have many friends who live there including 3 friends who were actually there... Thankfully they are safe... I will say this is terrorism full stop no matter what his motives... Guns are not the problem people are
    Here...facts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rR9IaXH1M0
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Yes there is and folks who do this have stopped incidents from becoming worse
    Link?

Do some research and get back to me... I can see where you come from, but you seem to see only one way of thinking
    Proof was requested.

If you can't provide it then its simply BS.

Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    Because religious terror is spread. It's not a one off. It has a distorted reason and a promise of an afterlife in paradise.thata why laws are passed to try and stop it spreading.
    We don't know yet why this man in Vegas shot those people. Islamic state are claiming responsibility..
    .maybe that's them trying to gain credit . But you cannot account for people having mental breakdowns and hating the world so much that they want to murder innocent people.
    Unless they happen to be brown and/or visited a mosque at some point?

I fire guns quite a bit to stay proficient at shooting... Never know if I will ever need to protect myself or my family... This incident has hit home to me as I lived in Vegas for 8 years during some of my military service and I have many friends who live there including 3 friends who were actually there... Thankfully they are safe... I will say this is terrorism full stop no matter what his motives... Guns are not the problem people are
    It’s just madness that you feel like you have to do this. I’m not saying you, I mean your country is in a situation where you feel like you need a gun to stay safe. Most people here have a baseball bat under there bed.

lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Quote Originally Posted by S_7 View Post
    Itís just madness that you feel like you have to do this. Iím not saying you, I mean your country is in a situation where you feel like you need a gun to stay safe. Most people here have a baseball bat under there bed.
    I have 2.

It’s just madness that you feel like you have to do this. I’m not saying you, I mean your country is in a situation where you feel like you need a gun to stay safe. Most people here have a baseball bat under there bed.
    This is comedy but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rR9IaXH1M0

Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    I have 2.
    I had two, then had them destroyed after Sandy Hook when it was evident that this nation would do nothing to substantially regulate the purchase and ownership of firearms.

I have 2.
    I used to have one behind the door.
    Was handy in chasing yehovas witness away.
    Now i have blood donor sticker on the front door instead.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    Link?
    https://crimeresearch.org/2016/09/ub...blic-shooting/

I don't dispute this at all, but it is what it is

But there's a stat that there have been over 270 mass shootings in the USA in 2017 alone so far - how many of those were prevented or halted by someone else with a gun?

It is madness. Many decisions people make in this country aren't rooted in reality and the number of such decisions keeps growing each day as we undermine the importance of facts, science, and education while elevating the importance of irrational ideas such as religion and ancient *********** aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi98 View Post
    I had two, then had them destroyed after Sandy Hook when it was evident that this nation would do nothing to substantially regulate the purchase and ownership of firearms.
    sorry, meant bats.

I have a 6 year old in my house, why on Earth would I have a gun there.

smokintony is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    He had about 10 guns in his hotel room.

Had been there since the 28th of September.
    All needed for self defence on doubt, along with the telescopic sights

sorry, meant bats.

I have a 6 year old in my house, why on Earth would I have a gun there.
    Couldn't agree more.

Apparently he shot so many rounds that the smoke from the gun discharging set off the smoke detector in his room. Why he was found. Unimaginable.
    Many smoke detectors are quite easy to trigger

I have always said that there should be mandatory training at least once a month for those with permits... I get laughed at every time which is shocking...
    What is training going to do? Make them better at shooting? Thats not going to stop the underlying motives at all.

Your arguments just don't hold up to common sense or evidence in almost every other country in the world. Your argument is classic American in that the on;y thought is "I" and "me"; I'm trained and good with a gun so they should be allowed. Thats not how society should work. Hard drugs are limited despite the vast majority having no issues, seatbelt are mandated despite the fact only a fraction of the population will ever be in a car accident.

I see the 'don't politicize this' brigade is out in force. What did the President do after the London attacks and in France as well. Within 30 minutes he was tweeting about needing a travel ban/wall?

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb_7 View Post
    What is training going to do? Make them better at shooting? Thats not going to stop the underlying motives at all.

Your arguments just don't hold up to common sense or evidence in almost every other country in the world.
    You are allowed to hold a gun in a safe at home in scandinavia, if you are a member of a shooting club.
    the police can also always ask to enter your home to check if the registered fire weapon is where it should be. In the safe

smokintony is online now Boot Room insider
    I have always said that there should be mandatory training at least once a month for those with permits... I get laughed at every time which is shocking...
    Yeah right, he only injured 250 people and killed around 58 in all that time he had, such a shame he wasn't better trained

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    You are allowed to hold a gun in a safe at home in scandinavia, if you are a member of a shooting club.
    the police can also always ask to enter your home to check if the registered fire weapon is where it should be. In the safe
    Gun ownership rates in NZ, Australia, and Canada are not far off rates in the US. What AngriestRed is right about is its not the guns themselves. It is people, people with guns, and hence you need to legislate for that fact. Basic common sense laws like you have pointed out and like those countries I've mentioned; permits taking a period of time, registration, not allowing people to walk down the street with them, and most of all a close eye on and limits to the types of weapons people can buy - have all meant none of these countries have the problems the US does.

It really is a case of the most obvious solution being the right one. No other developed country has this problem, they all have more stringent gun laws. There is a causal relationship there.

tragic so glad people cant just go buy guns , in the uk ..willy nilly ..

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb_7 View Post
    Gun ownership rates in NZ, Australia, and Canada are not far off rates in the US. What AngriestRed is right about is its not the guns themselves. It is people, people with guns, and hence you need to legislate for that fact. Basic common sense laws like you have pointed out and like those countries I've mentioned; permits taking a period of time, registration, not allowing people to walk down the street with them, and most of all a close eye on and limits to the types of weapons people can buy - have all meant none of these countries have the problems the US does.

It really is a case of the most obvious solution being the right one. No other developed country has this problem, they all have more stringent gun laws. There is a causal relationship there.
    But he is right. It is people, not the guns that are the problem. Its like dogs. It is not the dog that is dangerous, but the owner that weaponised it.
    but its a bad excuse not to introduce control of it. So you are right as well

Concealed carry and open carry are up there with the stupidest things you can have. There is literally no point in having a gun in public if you're a private citizen.
    Explain what detrimental effect a law abiding citizen will cause by carrying a gun.

But he is right. It is people, not the guns that are the problem. Its like dogs. It is not the dog that is dangerous, but the owner that weaponised it.
    This is a supremely hot take.

This has been mentioned before - when talking about systems/models/ideals

Quote Originally Posted by Megali-Idea View Post
    Explain what detrimental effect a law abiding citizen will cause by carrying a gun.
    http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...er_shoots.html

Quote Originally Posted by Megali-Idea View Post
    Also, remember this whole thing. http://floppingaces.net/wp-content/u...86713196_n.jpg

People thought it would be a good idea to go into a Starbucks with their guns. This is perfectly legal, but you know what, how does anyone know that these are the 'good gun owners' and not the 'bad ones.'

Why, why would anyone need to get a coffee while holding an ASSAULT weapon?

Edit: Misread the Article. Apologies.