Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Time for a new Captain

Totally agree with this post , we are in a dire place at the moment and unfortunately Henderson is NOT the dynamic leader to kick start a revival , he lacks passion, footballing ability , leadership qualities . Liverpool have really lost their way on the field ,we are continually at sixes and sevens , our defence does not have the gel to be able to play together because there is NO one pulling the strings , No one organising , No one covering the next guys movements , not like days gone by where the list was endless :- Carra , Gerrard , Hanson Souness Thompson ?? and many more going back for years . Henderson simply did NOT step up when Stevie G left , he may have made a token jesture on occasion??? but because of his own failing and lack of skill and footballing ability , he had to concentrate on that far to much to worry about the rest of the side ,and as a consequence we have and are suffering . Henderson, for me has never had more than an average footballing ability and seems to be getting worse each season , for the last two seasons he has continually passed the ball side ways and backwards NO ambition NO vision , very little movement and in truth hes become a bit of a liability
    So for me hes not a leader , should be removed as skipper we need someone to motivate the side, someone with passion , ability , vision, skill some one with energy , someone that sees all and covers everyone else , some one who can anticipate other player weakness if they are having an off day . Some one that will throw a few verbals around at team mates who fail in their job. Henderson is too soft and to nice ?? sometime player need a boot up the backside , Hendeson does NOT do that
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

We will have a new captain shortly after we sign VVD.

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    We will have a new captain shortly after we sign VVD.
    I can't see Klopp taking the captaincy from Henderson.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyStapleton View Post
    I can't see Klopp taking the captaincy from Henderson.
    Me neither, simply for the fact that it's difficult being the captain if you're the manager and not on the field.