Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our spine compared to our rivals, it's not good enough is it?

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Yes, unfortunately it is becoming increasingly difficult to argue against what you are saying here.

I have been puzzled about a lot of things in my life with respect to LFC, but two things occupy top positions with regard to my complete bemusement:

1. Roy Hodgson being hired as manager to replace Rafa
    2. Klopp going into this season without buying a CB

That is how gobsmacked I am that we placed such an emphasis on VVD to the exclusion of all other CB's playing football in the entire world this summer.
    I couldn’t agree more. LFC have continued to baffle me over the years and it’s seems that everytime it’s a negative one.

I remember arguing with a pal (Manure supporter) that we’d never sign Balotelli as LFC ain’t that desperate and it was just the London media selling stories... we signed him later that day.

£35m for Andy Carroll (plus interest) left me contemplating the meaning of life... and that was before he proved to us all how crap he could be.

How it took until past Christmas one year to sack Hodgson when I was calling for it in September months earlier after witnessing the most baffling pre-season in living history. Anyone with an ounce of common sense could see that man was brain dead when it came to managing a title chasing side.

AOC for £35m+... why, just why when there are infinitely better option around for far less?

The whole Sakho debacle when we were playing Lucas at CB... in front of Klavan... you couldn’t make this xxxx up!

Constantly signing the wrong players... Kewell instead of Duff, Diouf instead of Anelka, Mignolet instead of Begovic, Downing instead of a portion of fish and chips which would have been more useful.

Today Klopp keeps doing things that annoy me and yes I’m bored of his teeth grinding madman antics on the touchline and his constant use of his favourite word “cool”... but I’ve got faith in him to turn things around.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Youre right. It is not good enough. A quality spine gives you consistency, which we definitely lack.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe-El View Post
    I couldn’t agree more. LFC have continued to baffle me over the years and it’s seems that everytime it’s a negative one.

I remember arguing with a pal (Manure supporter) that we’d never sign Balotelli as LFC ain’t that desperate and it was just the London media selling stories... we signed him later that day.

£35m for Andy Carroll (plus interest) left me contemplating the meaning of life... and that was before he proved to us all how crap he could be.

How it took until past Christmas one year to sack Hodgson when I was calling for it in September months earlier after witnessing the most baffling pre-season in living history. Anyone with an ounce of common sense could see that man was brain dead when it came to managing a title chasing side.

AOC for £35m+... why, just why when there are infinitely better option around for far less?

The whole Sakho debacle when we were playing Lucas at CB... in front of Klavan... you couldn’t make this xxxx up!

Constantly signing the wrong players... Kewell instead of Duff, Diouf instead of Anelka, Mignolet instead of Begovic, Downing instead of a portion of fish and chips which would have been more useful.

Today Klopp keeps doing things that annoy me and yes I’m bored of his teeth grinding madman antics on the touchline and his constant use of his favourite word “cool”... but I’ve got faith in him to turn things around.
    This is exactly me also, except I said the Balotelli thing to someone 2 days before he signed (to an Arsenal supporter)

Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    I wouldn't count someone like Mane as a spine then. It would be a goalkeeper, centreback(s), central midfielder and striker. We stink in all of those areas.
    Summed up perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    Our team is spineless.
    Ding ding, we have a winner

Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    He aint going to improve the lack of protection for back 4. He's just another box to box mf like, say, a Gerrard. What we need is a Mascherano type player. Totally agree on lack of leadership particularly at the back..we have a defence of Bambis.
    So , he's " Just another Gerrard " . I'll take that , happily .

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by redhoops View Post
    So , he's " Just another Gerrard " . I'll take that , happily .
    ?

Our spine is not NEAR good enough.

Henderson, Lovren, Mignolet, Gini...

My god, just typing the words stress me out, I don't trust them at all. The other players on the pitch don't even trust them.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    The captain is Jordan Henderson, enough said
    That just about sums it up, but add Gini, Lovren and Migs.... the stuff of proper mares.

Quote Originally Posted by Collard Greens View Post
    Our spine is not NEAR good enough.

Henderson, Lovren, Mignolet, Gini...

My god, just typing the words stress me out, I don't trust them at all. The other players on the pitch don't even trust them.
    I had to stop posting on the "predict the team" threads because just typing out certain groups of names caused too much distress. You do the defence and your heart sinks, and you have lost the will to live by the time it comes to midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Dham944 View Post
    I had to stop posting on the "predict the team" threads because just typing out certain groups of names caused too much distress. You do the defence and your heart sinks, and you have lost the will to live by the time it comes to midfield.
    Hahahaha you know it!

................Mignolet
    Clyne...Matip...Lovren...Moreno
    ...................Can
    ...........Lallana...Coutinho
    Salah...............................Mane
    .................Firmino

That’s a team I wouldn’t mind watching, even though some of the players should be 1st teamers. But the German loves a bit of Hendo and Gini. Clyne and Lallana need to get fit!

I laughed at your post, and almost cried. It is a real problem, sad to say.

You had me at Migs.

Mignolet, Matip, Henderson and Firmino is our spine.

I don't think any one of those players gets into the spines of any one of our rivals. Maybe you could make a case for Henderson or Firmino at Arsenal.

BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    We dont have a spine, we have a few straws tied together with some sellotape.

We would need to sign Donnarumma, Van dijk, Alderwiereld, wanayama to compete for the title and champions league season in season out. We could probably get away with moreno and robertson then, probably wouldnt even need a left back. Our owners wont pay whats needed

Defo-skitso is online now Academy prospect
    Wouldn't be too bad if we had a bit of scoliosis but instead we have full blown smashed vertebrae

i would like to see us sign ,, wlliam cavalhno looks a beast of a player .. anyone else ?