Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: How good ARE United, really?

Quote Originally Posted by johnamiri View Post
    I would never go into a game against them thinking that. I really fancy us to turn them over.
    Positivity alert !!!!

Think we'll win too , 2-1 .
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

They are an an excellent team this season who have put to the sword most teams they have faced quite convincingly and will continue to do so. Whilst I feel we will get the better of them tomorrow they are as a whole squad better equipped to get the better of us over the season.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicStations View Post
    You watched our last handful of games? That's why I said it.

We are not sweeping all before us - like UTD are.
    I think said it because your username made you

You are your user name, former human

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by PanicStations View Post
    You watched our last handful of games? That's why I said it.

We are not sweeping all before us - like UTD are.
    Yeah but what do you mean, stand any chance of even a draw? We donít often lose at home in the league, and I donít think itís the best side weíll have faced in Kloppís reign by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Nice

I like to think of it as the Seething Derby....or The Squanch

Defo-skitso is online now Academy prospect
    Its a shame Mane is injured really is despite us have a woeful defence you always know we can score. Not confident at all!

What is Klopp record against Mourinho?

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    What is Klopp record against Mourinho?
    I think its played 7, won 3, drawn 3, lost 1

I think

i think its played 7, won 3, drawn 3, lost 1

i think

p w d l gf ga
    7 3 3 1 12 8

Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    p w d l gf ga
    7 3 3 1 12 8
    Nice, well played, I feel quite proud now I plucked it from memory, I even did the maths

The you come in with your helpful professional looking GF's and GA's

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    That would play right into our hands though - everyone knows that we perform well against teams that come out and attack us, as against PTB teams. I believe that Mourinho's pragmatism will win over his more adventurous side, as he knows that this is a game they should avoid losing rather then go all out for a win, as we are not even one quarter of the way through the season.

I would love him to take the more attacking route but I don't see it .. they will come out cagey and defensive and, depending how things go for them, he will adjust their tactics accordingly.
    As proven against Burnley and NUFC a team doesn't have to be open to hurt us. Mourinho will play us on the counter while remaining compact, they will expect us to come full steam as we usually do and take advantage of the spaces we leave open
    The first goal is absolutely key in this game, and I fancy us to get it.
    As proven by Burnley and NUFC you dont necessarily have to be open to hurt us. Mourinho will play us on the counter while remaining compact, they will absorb all the pressure which will cause frustration and anxiety amongst the crowd and the players. I cant see past anything but a loss here

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    As proven by Burnley and NUFC you dont necessarily have to be open to hurt us. Mourinho will play us on the counter while remaining compact, they will absorb all the pressure which will cause frustration and anxiety amongst the crowd and the players. I cant see past anything but a loss here
    Why am I not surprised?

Well they are not top of the league and until we lost a player we were as good as if not better than the team who are.

Why am I not surprised?
    Maybe its because its what any realistic fan or neutral would tell you

We will see if you're in shock if it happens

I don't think you can claim to be the voice of all realistic fans or neutrals.

I've seen plenty of views about us rarely losing home games, piles of draw predictions etc in the build up so far.

It's football with only 3 possible outcomes, a lot to support a draw, we have won plenty of games in the last 2 years against all our rivals too.

If you can only see one possible outcome, perhaps you suffer with a lack of vision

I think Jose will come to park the bus and try and win through set pieces...Probably a good plan to be fair.
    If they try to play against us and leave gaps, we will win.

Wouldnt be suprised to see Herrera follow Couthino around all game, like he did vs Hazard last season

Realistic? You? Don't make me laugh - you are at one end of the extreme, and 90% (if not more) of your posts take a negative tone. There is NOTHING realistic about you. My reasoning about LFC is far more balanced then yours will ever be.

That's the difference between you and I - if we did lose tomorrow, I would take it on the chin and accept it, especially if we lose to the better team on the day .. and, although I believe we have a good chance of winning tomorrow, I accept it is far from cast in stone and United are a very good side. You, on the other hand, absolutely believe we will lose tomorrow and, if we win, YOU definitely will be shocked (I'm even tempted to say disappointed, because it would be a stretch - even for you - to find something to ***** and moan about, which is all you ever seem to do on here). There is little balanced, or realistic about the way you post on here.

Each to their own.

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Jose will have a good set of options. He'll likely keep it tight and use Martial and Lukaku on the break.

I don't think you can claim to be the voice of all realistic fans or neutrals.

I've seen plenty of views about us rarely losing home games, piles of draw predictions etc in the build up so far.

It's football with only 3 possible outcomes, a lot to support a draw, we have won plenty of games in the last 2 years against all our rivals too.

If you can only see one possible outcome, perhaps you suffer with a lack of vision
    Ok since I lack vision I'm gonna mention why I see us losing maybe you can counter with your 2020 vision of why a draw is more realistic

We have conceded a lot of goals from less chances created -United have conceded only 2 ,those two were in one game and have kept 6 clean sheets
    We are misfiring at the moment- United have scored 21 in 7 games which means they are averaging 3 goals a game
    We have Mignolet in between the sticks -they have De gea
    Our false no.9 is out of form at the moment -they have the leading top goal scorer
    We are poor from free kicks and set pieces and every manager and his dog knows it e.g Sean Dyche

Lets be honest a draw is the most optimistic prediction there is at the moment and we're banking Mourinho being cautious . Any neutral will have United as the favourites

Realistic? You? Don't make me laugh - you are at one end of the extreme, and 90% (if not more) of your posts take a negative tone. There is NOTHING realistic about you. My reasoning about LFC is far more balanced then yours will ever be.

That's the difference between you and I - if we did lose tomorrow, I would take it on the chin and accept it, especially if we lose to the better team on the day .. and, although I believe we have a good chance of winning tomorrow, I accept it is far from cast in stone and United are a very good side. You, on the other hand, absolutely believe we will lose tomorrow and, if we win, YOU definitely will be shocked (I'm even tempted to say disappointed, because it would be a stretch - even for you - to find something to ***** and moan about, which is all you ever seem to do on here). There is little balanced, or realistic about the way you post on here.

Each to their own.
    Balanced usually means sugercoat our current situation and try to find some silver lining after every critique . I can do that but I would rather be straight and tell you what I believe if that is being extreme so be it .I have been rarely wrong

My views are realistic because they are based on valid reasons of the current situation, a liverpool win will come as a big shock to everyone including liverpool fans and deep down behind that liverpool fan fake bravado you know it. A loss would go along with the current theme of were we are at the moment.

Continue adding "balance" and I will keep countering that with plausible outcomes and facts

How good is united?

I guess we find out tomorrow.

Ok since I lack vision I'm gonna mention why I see us losing maybe you can counter with your 2020 vision of why a draw is more realistic

We have conceded a lot of goals from less chances created -United have conceded only 2 ,those two were in one game and have kept 6 clean sheets
    We are misfiring at the moment- United have scored 21 in 7 games which means they are averaging 3 goals a game
    We have Mignolet in between the sticks -they have De gea
    Our false no.9 is out of form at the moment -they have the leading top goal scorer
    We are poor from free kicks and set pieces and every manager and his dog knows it e.g Sean Dyche

Lets be honest a draw is the most optimistic prediction there is at the moment and we're banking Mourinho being cautious . Any neutral will have United as the favourites
    Apart from the neutrals predicting otherwise of course, just go online & have a peak for yourself.

Of course Utd are favourites, doesn't mean I can't see any other outcome, there are always favourites in football for nearly every single game, doesn't mean I or others should not see or consider any other outcomes.

There would really be no point in football otherwise.

Your just probably very nervous of losing, so state it's the only possible outcome, enabling you to handle the gutting sensation of losing if that happens.

Just doesn't mean everyone sees an outcome only ever one way, some do, some don't, including fans & neutrals.

Thats just a fact

Probably also shows a lack of pleasure in the whole experience for you. Can't be fun mate
    Last edited by welshypool; 13-10-17 at 18:56.

Apart from the neutrals predicting otherwise of course, just go online & have a peak for yourself.

Of course Utd are favourites, doesn't mean I can't see any other outcome, there are always favourites in football for nearly every single game, doesn't mean I or others should not see or consider any other outcomes.

There would really be no point in football otherwise.

Your just probably very nervous of losing, so state it's the only possible outcome, enabling you to handle the gutting sensation of losing if that happens.

Just doesn't mean everyone sees an outcome only ever one way, some do, some don't, including fans & neutrals.

Thats just a fact
    Yes there might be other outcomes in a game duh but the most likely response if you ask neutrals would be a loss which would be objective

Yes there might be other outcomes in a game duh but the most likely response if you ask neutrals would be a loss which would be objective
    Hence the tag favourites

I'm not debating the tag, or that they are worthy of it, only the inability to see more than one outcome. Seems kinda joyless to me & defeats the purpose of following football in my view....or any sport for that matter

Hence the tag favourites

I'm not debating the tag, or that they are worthy of it, only the inability to see more than one outcome. Seems kinda joyless to me & defeats the purpose of following football in my view....or any sport for that matter
    I didnt say that there was no possible outcome than a loss ,I simply predicted the outcome that was more likely in my opinion

I didnt say that there was no possible outcome than a loss ,I simply predicted the outcome that was more likely in my opinion
    You said you couldn't see past anything other but a loss...

Mate , don't waste your fingerprints .

huh?yes that is my prediction I cant picture anything but a loss which doesn't mean no other outcome cant happen, its football anything can happen

Acumen is online now First team regular
    I am a bit down on our stock at this juncture. I'd be thrilled with a win, but I'm certainly tempering expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Jose will have a good set of options. He'll likely keep it tight and use Martial and Lukaku on the break.
    I see it as. Jf we take our early chances which we'll get then its a performance thats due. If we dont then we'll blow up again at the back. We are due a game we put away chances. Im shocked on how people are viewing us as dreadful no hopers