Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tibet and Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Of course they did, and we'll drop the sponsor. It’s how these games work.

Meanwhile the majority of Liverpool supporters around the world use phones containing lithium mined in Tibet, and will have most likely signed the petition using those phones, and everyone lives happily ever after.
    Possibly, unlikely. The majority of the world's lithium comes from Countries like Australia, Chile, Argentina.. and imported in to China as these Countries produce huge amounts more than China does.

Apple and Samsung use lithium from South America and Australia as it's easier and cheaper to ship it in to their factories in the east.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Possibly, unlikely. The majority of the world's lithium comes from Countries like Australia, Chile, Argentina.. and imported in to China as these Countries produce huge amounts more than China does.

Apple and Samsung use lithium from South America and Australia as it's easier and cheaper to ship it in to their factories in the east.
    You’re probably right, I was being hyperbolic to make my point tbh.

But the cheap smartphone market is massive in Asian countries, which is a booming market for both Liverpool and football in general. Huawei, for example, are becoming a serious player in the world market now too, and are a sponsor of Arsenal if I’m not mistaken. Being a Chinese company, I’d say they’d probably use Tibetan lithium almost exclusively.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    You’re probably right, I was being hyperbolic to make my point tbh.

But the cheap smartphone market is massive in Asian countries, which is a booming market for both Liverpool and football in general. Huawei, for example, are becoming a serious player in the world market now too, and are a sponsor of Arsenal if I’m not mistaken. Being a Chinese company, I’d say they’d probably use Tibetan lithium almost exclusively.
    Actually, you might be right. There are tons of phone makers I haven’t even heard of booming in the Asian market