Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tibet Campaigners Launch Global Campaign Against Liverpool FC's "Dangerous" Deal

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Ottershaw View Post
    Whilst I can understand one condemning China or companies committing illegal acts, how about Russia. Oh boy, and they are holding the next World Cup, so we’re does one start with that. Football will not change dictators, only if demoncratic countries acting in unison could eventually topple these corrupt states. In my business dealings of the past I saw so many corrupt actions of so called whiter than white corporations. Blind eyes and cash make actions disappear.
    This debate is about our club.

We can't do anything about the corruption in FIFA...but we can let the owners know how we feel about being associated with certain companies and organisations.

As for FIFA...well...**** them.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by johnamiri View Post
    The Chinese won't give a rats arse about an internet campaign. I've seen them in action in Africa and here in Hong Kong. They will press on regardless and if Liverpool don't take their money someone else will. I don't say its right but thats the way it is
    Its not bout the Chinese, it is about the public face of LFC. The image of the club will be tainted with this deal, it suggests that LFC is in full agreement with the staus quo, if not, the deal would not go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Ottershaw View Post
    Whilst I can understand one condemning China or companies committing illegal acts, how about Russia. Oh boy, and they are holding the next World Cup, so we’re does one start with that. Football will not change dictators, only if demoncratic countries acting in unison could eventually topple these corrupt states. In my business dealings of the past I saw so many corrupt actions of so called whiter than white corporations. Blind eyes and cash make actions disappear.
    Yes, lots of companies are corrupt and lots of regimes are abusive, but in this case it's our club and we can try to put pressure on them not to support the abuse or corruption.

Signed and shared on other forums and SocMed. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidared View Post
    Signed and shared on other forums and SocMed. Thanks for the heads up.
    Cheers, mate.

This is one sponsorship deal we can do without.
    It runs contrary to the spirit of this great club and could well result in tarnishing the image of the club.
    Or will it be YNWA unless the Chinese march in and suppress all human rights including the right to walk anywhere
    then you are on your own.

Well said.

Bump.

(Yeah, Grot, you're right about that)