Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Is Your Current Favourite LFC Player?

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Mane, always got a smile on his face and heís pretty brilliant too

It was Phil but I went off him in the summer
    Why what happened?

Got to love Mane, fantastic player in full flow & he's a bigger miss when absent than Phil these days
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Liverdinner View Post
    I *********** love Moreno.

He's so keen. Shame he's daft as they come.
    Such an excitable player, everytime he overlaps he reminds me of this Forest Gump playing football scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4OPX5P9DlQ

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Why what happened?

Got to love Mane, fantastic player in full flow & he's a bigger miss when absent than Phil these days
    There you go naming unfashionable players again you should stick to less controversial players like Lovren

Coutinho took us to top 4 when Mane was injured and has been our best player since his return so your second point is inaccurate

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    There you go naming unfashionable players again you should stick to less controversial players like Lovren

Coutinho took us to top 4 when Mane was injured and has been our best player since his return so your second point is inaccurate
    The best player isnít necessarily a fans favourite, Carra is a good example of that.
    Last edited by aylesbyred; 7-10-17 at 17:09.

Coutinho. In my top 3 all time favourite Liverpool players to watch and the closest thing we have had to prime Gerrard.

spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    No one.
    It's not worth investing any affinity towards players.
    The closest, for me, would be Sturridge and even I'm getting less arsed if he starts.

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    The best later isn’t necessarily a fans favourite, Carra is a good example of that.
    Typo Sir Ayles

Quote Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
    Sturridge
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by 77red96 View Post
    I don't have a current favourite..... I'm still in Gerrard hangover mode.
    Even Suarez didn't come close to him for me.
    He is the real life Roy of the rovers for me. Once in a lifetime player and in my opinion the real king of Anfield.... if he gets his badges....
    Gerrard too will always be the ultimate but of the current crop, no one really stands out. However, I like to see Trent play and to see how he improves over the season. Love Manťís workrate too but Iíll vote for Trent Alexander Arnold!!

I still think Mane is a bigger miss because of what he offers. It's not to say Mane is better, just very different. Only Salah offers the same, we can absorb the loss of Coutinho better.

Mane going to the African Cup of Nations in Jan derailed our season nearly, once he returned we recovered

I personally prefer Mane

Mane my a mile

For me to be a stand out favourite there has to ba passion, flair, moments of genius and probably the odd moment of madness too, but most of all pasion and leadership the ability to take control of a bad situation and make it good.
    Basically a captain.

Imagine the difference it would make to our current crop with a Gerrard, Souness, Hamman even Gary Macca in the midfield to boss the middle of the park.

We would be frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    ie currently in the squad. No bickering, mockery, sarcasm or putting down of players. There are other threads where that happens. Just who is your fave and what do you like about them?

Bobby Firmino for his energy, seemingly indomitable spirit and his goal celebrations. Like when he lowered the hem of his shorts to his knees and did a little dance after scoring. Ha ha.
    Mane - not just because he's 1 of the best players for us but for all his efforts he puts in every single time he puts on a red shirt.

And surely it's worth putting a poll up?

I still think Mane is a bigger miss because of what he offers. It's not to say Mane is better, just very different. Only Salah offers the same, we can absorb the loss of Coutinho better.

Mane going to the African Cup of Nations in Jan derailed our season nearly, once he returned we recovered

I personally prefer Mane
    NO ONE and I mean NO ONE offers what Coutinho offers .We might have struggled when Mane was off at Afcon but we recovered fully when Coutinho was back on form

NO ONE and I mean NO ONE offers what Coutinho offers .We might have struggled when Mane was off at Afcon but we recovered fully when Coutinho was back on form
    Agree on individual player comparisons but thats not my point, as a team with the way we play we are more reliant on the skill sets of Mane & even Salah, as opposed to Coutinho as superb as he can be.

That obvious outlet of pace & goals, a directness from out to in is massive to us

Agree on individual player comparisons but thats not my point, as a team with the way we play we are more reliant on the skill sets of Mane & even Salah, as opposed to Coutinho as superb as he can be.

That obvious outlet of pace & goals, a directness from out to in is massive to us
    We re more reliant on Coutinho's ability to turn with the ball and create space for himself. Thats why he is never in one stationery position and everyone is either always looking to get him on the ball or trying to make runs behind the defenders once he is on the ball

Coutinho for me probably followed by Can....

Cou without doubt. So glad LPool didn't let him go. Give him the band and some quality players and we would be a feared army to meet.

Stevie is my all time Legend 'coz he's been the best footballer to captain our holy club, so it's my all time favourite,

Luis Suarez is my all time favourite foreign striker belonging to the previous cycle,

and actually Phil Coutinho is my favourite LFC footballer because of his immense talent some classes above his teammates,

and I think he's been the best attacking playmaker we have ever had since the LFC foundation 125 years ago,

even more so for the fact that a player with his technical virtuosity never wore the LFC shirt in the 125 years before,

though in the past plenty of very talented footballers have worn the shirt, Billy Liddle, Ian Callaghan, Digger Barnes, Macca, Paddy Berger, Jari Litmanen, just to name few

of the most talented attacking midfielders / refinishers,

if and when he'll leave in the near or far ahead future, he'll be immensely missed and will be anyway always revered as one of the best foreign footballers

to have worn our shirt in more than a hundred years of history,

cheers,
    Last edited by rosso76; 8-10-17 at 10:12.

We re more reliant on Coutinho's ability to turn with the ball and create space for himself. Thats why he is never in one stationery position and everyone is either always looking to get him on the ball or trying to make runs behind the defenders once he is on the ball
    True of course but in my opinion a lack of pace impacts us far more, we can't get in behind regardless of whose on the ball

True of course but in my opinion a lack of pace impacts us far more, we can't get in behind regardless of whose on the ball
    Now we are discussing which aspect impacts us more not which player is more influential to liverpool?

<Jibe removed by mod>
    Last edited by kickthetyres; 8-10-17 at 18:40. Reason: Removed dig at other poster

Phil. Absolutely no one close for me.

The buzz I get when he gets the ball is like something I got from all the greats. Edge of my seat even when heís in our half, I just expect magic every time.

Now we are discussing which aspect impacts us more not which player is more influential to liverpool?

<Jibe removed by mod>
    Sigh....so Mane's pace & skill set makes him a more important player than Coutinho, making him more influential, making him my favourite player.

none whatsoever.

Firmino would have been closest but on his bad days, he is just awful. Players like gerrard, hypia, suarez where above average even on their worst days.

Coutinho has burnt the bridge so i am not going to warm up to him same way.

Sigh....so Mane's pace & skill set makes him a more important player than Coutinho, making him more influential, making him my favourite player.
    Yes Mane has pace so does Salah ,what other skill set makes him more influential than Coutinho?

Remove Mane you still have Salah, remove Coutinho who do you have?

sturridge. though his last start for our club tested my patience

Yes Mane has pace so does Salah ,what other skill set makes him more influential than Coutinho?

Remove Mane you still have Salah, remove Coutinho who do you have?
    His pace, his goals and he will outscore Coutinho, he can play anywhere in that front three including a main striker if needs be...and it's just not pace it's devastating speed with the ball that advances our attacks in a heartbeart.

Coutinho does not have that,remove him then Firmino can drop deeper & play in the hole, Lallana also if needs be.

Lose Mane, you lose a massive component of our attack, we bought Salah for that very reason, being so overly dependent on Mane was & still is something of an issue.

I think we're done now, get the feeling you are trying too hard.

His pace, his goals and he will outscore Coutinho, he can play anywhere in that front three including a main striker if needs be...and it's just not pace it's devastating speed with the ball that advances our attacks in a heartbeart.

Coutinho does not have that,remove him then Firmino can drop deeper & play in the hole, Lallana also if needs be.

Lose Mane, you lose a massive component of our attack, we bought Salah for that very reason, being so overly dependent on Mane was & still is something of an issue.

I think we're done now, get the feeling you are trying too hard.

Not even trying I dont have to here. You said nothing that makes him more important than someone who has a unique talent, makes everything click and has no one close to replacing him in this squad just named Mane's role in the squad

Bye now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
    none whatsoever.

Firmino would have been closest but on his bad days, he is just awful. Players like gerrard, hypia, suarez where above average even on their worst days.

Coutinho has burnt the bridge so i am not going to warm up to him same way.
    agree, Firmino is a top notch inside forward, but clicks only sporadically,

Coutinho is the most consistent attacking midfielder existing on the globe,

I think two games out of three is practically decisive,

the numbers speak positively for Phil Coutinho exactly as for Firmino in a negative way latterly,

we can tranquilly deal with some oppositions without Firmino, we can't do the same without Phil Coutinho,

by the way, I reckon Firmino skillset is a pleasure for any football lover,

I think at the end of the day Bobby is more eye-catching than really effective eye for goal wise,

Firmino.