Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FSG reportedly want 1 billion to sell LFC

Quote Originally Posted by fowi View Post
    i want owners who don't accept failure. For such owners look at psg.
    psg........ffs
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    psg........ffs
    Yes. PSG. The best football organization in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    Yes. PSG. The best football organization in the world.
    PSG aren't at all. An ill gained purchase of PSG by Quatar Investment, influencing the then French president to support Quatars world cup bid (along with Platini who helped broker the deal for PSG), you know that world cup they are supposed to be hosting where people are dying on the job what with all the human rights being flaunted.

They are huge players in FIFA's corruption, people die because of them.

Still, if they can buy us a league title it'll be worth it..the joy.

I think GR said the other day the majority of fans won't give a **** about the morality or a total lack of, of certain potential new owners. FIOS felt that was doing our fans a disservice & I'd love to believe that....here we are in some cases I'm sure already extolling the virtues of a group like that, and all based on a naff article & praying for something similar

Klopp's failure to land VVD or sign another CB is nothing to do with FSG I'm afraid chaps. I've criticised FSG plenty myself, but after this summer there's no reason to complain.

I've also said plenty of times we'll never compete unless we get City/PSG type owners.

Well, had we signed VVD and Keita for this season and hadn't had the poor run we're on, we could be looking like a title winning side.
    If FSG can get us there without being obscene, let them carry on.

They've done what I wanted to see. I've also nothing against City/PSG type owners taking over.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaros View Post
    Klopp's failure to land VVD or sign another CB is nothing to do with FSG I'm afraid chaps. I've criticised FSG plenty myself, but after this summer there's no reason to complain.

I've also said plenty of times we'll never compete unless we get City/PSG type owners.

Well, had we signed VVD and Keita for this season and hadn't had the poor run we're on, we could be looking like a title winning side.

They've done what I wanted to see. I've also nothing against City/PSG type owners taking over.
    Exactly.

We could have the richest owners in world football, and Klopp would've still waited for Van Dijk and Keita.

Also the rumour is BS anyway. FSG in or FSG out, I feel sorry for people who still believe they want to sell up. Gets more desperate every year

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    Exactly.

We could have the richest owners in world football, and Klopp would've still waited for Van Dijk and Keita.

Also the rumour is BS anyway. FSG in or FSG out, I feel sorry for people who still believe they want to sell up. Gets more desperate every year
    Not if they had told him before this season "you win the league or you're out" which is what happens at actual big clubs.

Not if they had told him before this season "you win the league or you're out" which is what happens at actual big clubs.
    Get a grip mate no it doesn't, why wasn't Pep sacked after last season? The only big clubs where that actually consistently happens is PSG and Bayern, in one-dominant team leagues
    Last edited by EmreSam; 8-10-17 at 11:28.

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Don't delay sell today.
    ?

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Get a grip, why wasn't Pep sacked after last season?
    The clubs with the mega rich owners aren't that fussed about winning their leagues anyway...they want the CL trophy.

All the other stuff is a means to that end...and not one of them give's a rat's arse about winning domestic cups.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Get a grip mate no it doesn't, why wasn't Pep sacked after last season? The only big clubs where that actually consistently happens is PSG and Bayern, in one-dominant team leagues
    Guardiola did get a free pass because it took them so long to get him, if he doesn't start delivering he would get the sack and rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    Guardiola did get a free pass because it took them so long to get him, if he doesn't start delivering he would get the sack and rightly so.
    I agree, but that's not a season without the league is it. Will he get sacked if he doesn't win the league this season? I very much doubt it. So he'd most likely have at least 3 seasons. And City have higher expectations than us squad-wise.

Like I said the only clubs where you can get sacked if you don't win the league within a season, are PSG and Bayern

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiedle View Post
    Don't delay sell today.
    If someone made them the right offer...they probably sell.

But nobody is offering that up to now...in fact, I doubt this or any previous buy out talk, has or had any truth in it at all.

Euro-77-78-81-84-05 is offline Ask him if the match is on TV
    Slow news day. Sunday with no football the previous day, so need to create a story.

Any stories that come out in the media about new owners at a club, or Messi or Ronaldo moving for world record fee to an English club as part of a 2 billion transfer war chest, always come out Sunday and turn out to be fiction. So this story would be more believable if it wasn't a Sunday story. This must be at least the fifth time since they've been here, that they are selling the club to royal family, billionaires, world's richest person etc...

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeShop View Post
    Why can't Bill buy us
    He'd get the fans ********** off with in a day when he decides to rename the Shankly Gates, the Bill Gates.
    YNWA

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    If someone made them the right offer...they probably sell.

But nobody is offering that up to now...in fact, I doubt this or any previous buy out talk, has or had any truth in it at all.
    Yeah I know it's pure speculation but I'm just giving my opinion on it.
    ?

The 7 year itch. It's a *****.

Would have to get rid of Klopp too, though, as he's to blame for our transfer window failings.

No point having rich new owners if the manager wont spend the money.

Lovely position to be in as we near the 7 year anniversary of our illustrious owners rescuing us from the Devils Incarnate

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiedle View Post
    Yeah I know it's pure speculation but I'm just giving my opinion on it.
    I doubt many would complain if some mega rich madman paid the asking price...then chucked mountains of money at the playing squad.

But I just don't see it ever happening.

If we become established in the CL...I can see us being floated on the stock exchange at some point.

But I don't see anyone paying the money, that FSG would want to sell in the traditional sense.

I agree, but that's not a season without the league is it. Will he get sacked if he doesn't win the league this season? I very much doubt it. So he'd most likely have at least 3 seasons. And City have higher expectations than us squad-wise.

Like I said the only clubs where you can get sacked if you don't win the league within a season, are PSG and Bayern
    I think he may depending on how they do in the rest of competitions, as Grotton said for the megaclubs (neither PSG or City are but they want to get there) their target is not so much the league but the CL, which if you think about it is perfectly normal, you have to aspire to be the best of the best, no the best of a mediocre bunch.

I hope this is true.

'You'll never walk alone..... unless you buy on a corrupt PSG level or sack the manager for not winning the league every season & live up to my personal albeit insignificant demands'

Catchy club anthem that

Klopp position in that case is a bit of an irrelevance to be honest. I don't really think he would like to work in those circumstances anyway (a club that is under pressure to win the league every season) he had the chance to go for that, or at least explore that possibility, when he left Dortmund and he decided to go for a "project", a well paid job nonetheless and without the pressure of the big jobs, so perhaps he is smarter than we give him credit for.

Would have to get rid of Klopp too, though, as he's to blame for our transfer window failings.

Lovely position to be in as we near the 7 year anniversary of our illustrious owners rescuing us from the Devils Incarnate

'You'll never walk alone..... unless you buy on a corrupt PSG level or sack the manager for not winning the league every season & live up to my personal albeit insignificant demands'

Catchy club anthem that
    The long haired Bosnian dude and the Klopp lookalike would walk with him, he won't be alone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaros View Post

8 mill a season spend since they came every window isnt giving their fault either i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    Klopp position in that case is a bit of an irrelevance to be honest. I don't really think he would like to work in those circumstances anyway (a club that is under pressure to win the league every season) he had the chance to go for that, or at least explore that possibility, when he left Dortmund and he decided to go for a "project", a well paid job nonetheless and without the pressure of the big jobs, so perhaps he is smarter than we give him credit for.
    Yeah must be that!

You talked yourself into your own half baked theory there, a knack you share it seems.

Kinell, perhaps Sunday is for some of the more sour posters trying way too hard after a heavy or lonely Sat night on the sauce.

It's entertaining mind!

To be honest, I'd absolutely love FSG to go

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Simon-95 View Post
    To be honest, I'd absolutely love FSG to go
    Surely for something certifiably & absolutely better?

Wanting them gone at any cost is madness, G&H should have taught fans that

Yeah for something better, just don't think they are taking us anywhere

Euro-77-78-81-84-05 is offline Ask him if the match is on TV
    Quote Originally Posted by KOPGIRL1971 View Post

How many times are you going to post the same post
    YNWA

Yes, it has to be someone better, and by better, that goes beyond just wealth, even though itd be nice to be able to compete at the top end for a change.

Id like first and foremost, any new ownership to actually have the first clue about football.

Yeah must be that!

You talked yourself into your own half baked theory there, a knack you share it seems.

Kinell, perhaps Sunday is for some of the more sour posters trying way too hard after a heavy or lonely Sat night on the sauce.

It's entertaining mind!
    You are one of these guys that seem to terrified of anything that alter your status quo. Let me guess, do you still sleep with a teddy bear at night?