Notices
Reply to Thread

Thread: Good new owners and Newcastle could be another major club to compete against

1. #1 Default Good new owners and Newcastle could be another major club to compete against 
    From a business perspective, i dont see why a billionaire wont be attracted to newcastle. Its a one city club with one of the stronger fan base.
    Due to shearer and folks , they do have a recall value to many teams and they are now in PL with a good coach.
    And they are coming from a weak era which is why their value wont be inflated that much.

Looking at the FSG rumours, i saw that Newcastle will be taken over soon, and i can easily imagine them competing and bypassing us with good owners.
    We might shout a lot, but it wont take many years for a good club of newcastle base and good money to bypass us.

Tottenham have proven that with solid structure, you can easily succeed more storied clubs. I do fear that with a decent turn at the owners table, newcastle might become another problem for us to compete against.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
    From a business perspective, i dont see why a billionaire wont be attracted to newcastle. Its a one city club with one of the stronger fan base.
    Due to shearer and folks , they do have a recall value to many teams and they are now in PL with a good coach.
    And they are coming from a weak era which is why their value wont be inflated that much.

Looking at the FSG rumours, i saw that Newcastle will be taken over soon, and i can easily imagine them competing and bypassing us with good owners.
    We might shout a lot, but it wont take many years for a good club of newcastle base and good money to bypass us.

Tottenham have proven that with solid structure, you can easily succeed more storied clubs. I do fear that with a decent turn at the owners table, newcastle might become another problem for us to compete against.
    But Spurs have not won (or come close to winning anything=they were never actually seriously a threat in the last two title races). I seem to remember everyone claiming Everton were going to surpass us with their money injection.
    Newcastle are a joke team with joke fans who will turn on Benitez in a heartbeat and force him out after a few bad games. The same way they turned on other messiahs such as Gullit, Dalglish and Robson.

TheSoundLady is online now Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by hysen View Post
    But Spurs have not won (or come close to winning anything=they were never actually seriously a threat in the last two title races). I seem to remember everyone claiming Everton were going to surpass us with their money injection.
    Newcastle are a joke team with joke fans who will turn on Benitez in a heartbeat and force him out after a few bad games. The same way they turned on other messiahs such as Gullit, Dalglish and Robson.
    Shocking post. If any Newcastle fans are reading, please know that this person does not speak for us.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSoundLady View Post
    Shocking post. If any Newcastle fans are reading, please know that this person does not speak for us.
    Try living with the morons. They still point at airplanes up there and wonder what they are. Just another myth that our two sets of fans and the cities are so similar

Itís true. Just like Chelsea and Manchester City. Once floundering in the wilderness and now winning trophies and creating history.

TheSoundLady is online now Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Try living with the morons. They still point at airplanes up there and wonder what they are. Just another myth that our two sets of fans and the cities are so similar
    My two favourite cities in the UK and I find the two fan bases and local populations to be somewhat reminiscent of each other.

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMan69 View Post
    It’s true. Just like Chelsea and Manchester City. Once floundering in the wilderness and now winning trophies and creating history.
    If they can get the sort of money those two clubs got then of course they would be a force.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    If they can get the sort of money those two clubs got then of course they would be a force.
    Scunthorpe could be a major force with $$$ from the oil rich billionaires. ANY club could be.

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Scunthorpe could be a major force with $$$ from the oil rich billionaires. ANY club could be.
    Yup, I'm not sure I'm on board in living in fear of all the clubs that COULD be a force with oil rich billionaires who might invest one day

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    new owners mean nowt as they alone cannot drive newcastle forward without major infrastructure changes to support sponsorship. currently newcastle uniteds turnover is £125.8m somewhat short of our own turnover and miles behind the liikes of city and united. they ain't going to be a force anytime soon, just like everton were never going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    new owners mean nowt as they alone cannot drive newcastle forward without major infrastructure changes to support sponsorship. currently newcastle uniteds turnover is £125.8m somewhat short of our own turnover and miles behind the liikes of city and united. they ain't going to be a force anytime soon, just like everton were never going to be.
    Yeah just like it not possible for psg to buy neymar except it did. New owner like fsg you are right mean nowt. New owner like city/psg/chelsea the geordies will be laughing.

KoppityKloppity is online now Academy prospect
    Owners with loads of money doesn't always mean you will be challenging at the top otherwise QPR would be doing so.

Real Ovideo and Deportivo too.

Newcastle have a good fan base, stadium etc. so that would help but I wouldn't say it would bring guaranteed success.

KoppityKloppity is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    QPR? Their owner has a few quid to spare, more than the chap down the road at Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by MyCatNameTommy View Post
    Yeah just like it not possible for psg to buy neymar except it did. New owner like fsg you are right mean nowt. New owner like city/psg/chelsea the geordies will be laughing.
    look at it within the context of the league and time period. psg were taken just as ffp first started and were able to slip past - that would not happen now. the changes in the revised rules allow a new owner to "invest" providing a business plan is in place for that money to be recouped through sponsorship. its pointless looking at clubs taken over in the past when the present day is different.

as for neymar transfer i don't think we have heard the last of that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by KoppityKloppity View Post
    Owners with loads of money doesn't always mean you will be challenging at the top otherwise QPR would be doing so.

Real Ovideo and Deportivo too.

Newcastle have a good fan base, stadium etc. so that would help but I wouldn't say it would bring guaranteed success.
    correct, if that area became a big business area then it would be quite different but its relatively off the beaten track, which is why city were chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSoundLady View Post
    My two favourite cities in the UK and I find the two fan bases and local populations to be somewhat reminiscent of each other.
    Then you are sadly deluded

If you don't like living with them so much, you can always leave.

Always found Geordies some of the best fans and people from the UK - down to earth and easy to get in with.

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    How can someone be deluded regarding their own opinion of the type of people they like ya divvy.