Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 1billion price tag!

1 billion in football these days is sfa..look at neymar or city for example.the tv money alone is huge and the merchandise and gate revenue..if this is true and someone is really interested -- it'll happen..
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    From what I understood, she was there for Newcastle and Rafa had something to do with it. If it works out for them, Rafa could become a Legend for the barcodes too.

On us: id love a Billionaire Arab to take over (not that its happening).
    FSG is a group of billionaires

From what I understood, she was there for Newcastle and Rafa had something to do with it. If it works out for them, Rafa could become a Legend for the barcodes too.

On us: i’d love a Billionaire Arab to take over (not that it’s happening).
    It'll be a small group maybe three or four. Things are changing and times are changing, anything is possible, Neymar and Mbappe showed that.

Quote Originally Posted by sgRED View Post
    Yes but there are billionaires and billionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by sgRED View Post
    Just about.. in Pounds Sterling. I want one where there is no doubt, no matter the currency

Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    Yes but there are billionaires and billionaires.
    Billionaires who are willing to bring success BOTH on and off the pitch. That's the most important.

Just about.. in Pounds Sterling. I want one where there is no doubt, no matter the currency
    I prefer the one you mentioned earlier- trillionaire Saudi royalties 😍

I'm hoping that the Saudis buy us, not just for their money, but the possibility that when they start laying the foundations for the expanded Anfield Road End, they might discover oil.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    I'm a billionaire in Iranian Rials...

canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Typical international break thread.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by XxTHEKOPxX View Post
    1 billion in football these days is sfa..look at neymar or city for example.the tv money alone is huge and the merchandise and gate revenue..if this is true and someone is really interested -- it'll happen..
    You need to spend the money to replace him...so player sales are worth jack.

As for all the revenues and tv money...yes they are massive...but so are the costs involved.

No one is making massive money from football...unless they leverage the clubs assets...like the Glaziers do.

I'd say most of the rich owners in world football got involved for the prestige...and in several cases to move large amounts of money from a volatile environment into a safer one.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    Typical international break thread.
    Be far more apposite if you had commented that this is… 'An atypical international break thread.'

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    I'm a billionaire in Iranian Rials...
    Oh, rially?

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by S_7 View Post
    Hope FSG sell.
    Would be nice if it is true

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    It doesn't appear so.

If there is a deal going to happen based on Staveley being at St James' Park, it's likely to be Newcastle rather than us.
    Why would it i'm told she arrived at the game with Kenny it might be bull but you never know

Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    I'm hoping that the Saudis buy us, not just for their money, but the possibility that when they start laying the foundations for the expanded Anfield Road End, they might discover oil.
    They could create a digital stadium - Anfield 2.0 - in Saudi. A stadium with large screens on the pitch* and beam our games live! Im sure theyd fill out, especially if we put out a team like PSGs.

*Or holographic players!

They could create a digital stadium - Anfield 2.0 - in Saudi. A stadium with large screens on the pitch* and beam our games live! I’m sure they’d fill out, especially if we put out a team like PSG’s.

*Or holographic players!
    Great idea

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Would be nice if it is true

Why would it i'm told she arrived at the game with Kenny it might be bull but you never know
    I hope so. If you wanted to buy the club who would you want as you advisor? Michael Edwards????????????????????

Being owned by a geordie.
    great

The latest from Bleacher.

Barca are looking at Alli to replace Phil.

Neymar has asked PSG to buy Phil.

City are set to test Messi's buyout clause as he still hasn't signed a new deal yet, and they have held discussions. this would be a dream for Pep.

Barca also want Grietzman.

Real Madrid are also on the prowl, as are AC Milan.

Even if only a bit is true this is the direction we seem to be going in which could be a prelude to a Super League kind of deal. Anyway going forward we need people with real intention and real money to compete at the top, otherwise the gap will be too wide to bridge going forward.

lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    So, now it's down to a Chinese investor and that's basically it?

Is there anyone in the Mid East oil game that can buy us?

And, will they still have that big money in 5-10 years?

Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    The latest from Bleacher.

Barca are looking at Alli to replace Phil.

Neymar has asked PSG to buy Phil.

City are set to test Messi's buyout clause as he still hasn't signed a new deal yet, and they have held discussions. this would be a dream for Pep.

Barca also want Grietzman.

Real Madrid are also on the prowl, as are AC Milan.

Even if only a bit is true this is the direction we seem to be going in which could be a prelude to a Super League kind of deal. Anyway going forward we need people with real intention and real money to compete at the top, otherwise the gap will be too wide to bridge going forward.
    Let City, Chelsea and Utd form their own league... We'll be the King's of the Premier League then!

Let City, Chelsea and Utd form their own league... We'll be the King's of the Premier League then!
    Still finish behind Spurs somehow.

If catalonia leaves spain. Will Barca play with city, utd and chelsea in the new league, or will they play with us?

Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    Still finish behind Spurs somehow.
    Great, we’re runners up!

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    We need rich owners, lets be honest its the only way we can win the league.

You have a top manager like Klopp and he starts signings players Aubameyang and Griezmann, a world class GK, talented centre backs, another top class midfielder on top of the Keita signing, the league title delivered.

Puts us on a level playing field, Klopp is just as good as Pep and Mourinho, maybe better, only difference is they can spend 250 million in one transfer window.

If he was at Man City right now he would easily win the league.
    Last edited by +Shriekback+; 9-10-17 at 14:05.

Quote Originally Posted by +Shriekback+ View Post
    We need rich owners, lets be honest its the only way we can win the league.

You have a top manager like Klopp and he starts signings players Aubameyang and Griezmann, a world class GK, talented centre backs, another top class midfielder on top of the Keita signing, the league title delivered.

Puts us on a level playing field.
    I don't think it's absolutely necessary, we have enough cash to do it we just need to be smarter. For example, rather than buying Ox why didn't we scour the Earth and buy a goal scorer? or a CB? or a Hendo replacement? Just a natural finisher 'could' have had us sitting at the top (or near it) with the way we've been playing.

Be smart, get the players we need rather than just going for the pricey players.

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    I don't think it's absolutely necessary, we have enough cash to do it we just need to be smarter. For example, rather than buying Ox why didn't we scour the Earth and buy a goal scorer? or a CB? or a Hendo replacement? Just a natural finisher 'could' have had us sitting at the top (or near it) with the way we've been playing.

Be smart, get the players we need rather than just going for the pricey players.
    The thing is we have always tried to do it this way and it never seems to work.

The good honest way never works, this great club needs to spend big on top players across Europe, just like Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd.

The good honest way never works, this great club needs to spend big on top players across Europe, just like Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd.
    Again, spend money on the 'right' players. Price tag is irrelevant in most cases.

I just think (hope) it can work, you just need to work harder. Rather than shopping for the known players and paying top dollar, go slightly further afield and look for players who can do the job you need them to do for you. Zorc was brilliant at finding the players Klopp needed and I believe that's why Klopp had success at Dortmund. I don't think we're very good at digging up talent. Zorc got players from Japan, Poland, France.. players pretty much unknown to the mainstream, yet, we all know how they turned out.

I remember I was so hopeful when Klopp first joined and said "don't worry, we'll find the players. The world of Football is full of players!" (when we missed out on Tex). That's now suddenly turned in to "there are no players...", that means the Club must do more, much more at finding these players.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect

On us: id love a Billionaire Arab to take over (not that its happening).
    Honestly I'm not too keen on that idea; City and Chelsea (and PSG) are such hollow, vacuous, superficial clubs with no heart or soul and just buy their titles with dirty oil money, where's the fun in that? Pump 800m into the Hull City squad and I'm sure you'd win a title or two as well. I have far more respect for clubs like Utd, Arsenal or Spurs (granted I'd still prefer City to win the title over Utd if one has to). Of course we wouldn't instantly transform into one of those plastic billionaire's toy clubs overnight and it wouldn't erase our history or soul, but it would almost feel like 'cheating' to me.