Notices
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 1billion price tag!

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppite007 View Post
    Some on here get very upset when you say anything bad about our tightfisted owners.
    New stand, new training ground, continued investment in the playing squad, that's hardly tight fisted. Once you accept that we can't spend like the super rich clubs you will stop talking nonsense. If anything FSG are guilty of letting some of our previous managers waste money on players not suitable for our needs.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy1989 View Post
    I just came across it it was a interesting calculation for a owner to ask for 1bn club that they have invested so little
    Why don't you add wages in the equation?

In the 7 years fsg have been here, we have spent around 1 billion in wages.

So 1 billion, plus the £163m in net transfers, plus the £110m new stand, plus the £50m new training complex....hmmmmm suddenly the figures which you selected don't look so cheap? What's that? Over 1.3billion? Oh, I forgot to mention, they have taken zero dividends out of the club so haven't taken a penny back.

Also, I know someone who bought a house in 2009 for 57k. He did zero work in that time to it. If anything, the house is in worse condition now than it was when he bought it. He sold it for £167k this year. So should he have charged £55k only and refused the extra £112k because he 'invested so little'?

Or do you go by what is the market rate?

Naby Keita was bought for about £10m and a year later was sold to us for 60-70m. Do you find that interesting considered they invested so little in him? Or is it because it's the going rate?

Picking out random figures is a terrible way to show a picture. Maybe you can get the full spendings of all the top six clubs and see what they are valued at too.

Guys I posted something for you on the Jurgen Klopp 111 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    New stand, new training ground, continued investment in the playing squad, that's hardly tight fisted. Once you accept that we can't spend like the super rich clubs you will stop talking nonsense. If anything FSG are guilty of letting some of our previous managers waste money on players not suitable for our needs.
    Nothing that shouldn't have been done by the right ownership. Grudge I hear you and what you is right, but it goes deeper than that especially for LFC.

Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post

So 1 billion, plus the £163m in net transfers, plus the £110m new stand, plus the £50m new training complex....hmmmmm suddenly the figures which you selected don't look so cheap? What's that? Over 1.3billion? Oh, I forgot to mention, they have taken zero dividends out of the club so haven't taken a penny back.

Also, I know someone who bought a house in 2009 for 57k. He did zero work in that time to it. If anything, the house is in worse condition now than it was when he bought it. He sold it for £167k this year. So should he have charged £55k only and refused the extra £112k because he 'invested so little'?

Naby Keita was bought for about £10m and a year later was sold to us for 60-70m. Do you find that interesting considered they invested so little in him? Or is it because it's the going rate?

Picking out random figures is a terrible way to show a picture. Maybe you can get the full spendings of all the top six clubs and see what they are valued at too.
    You are missing the point. We need a team of players who know how to win, managed by someone who also knows how to win = title challengers/winners.

That's the aim. HOW ONE GETS THERE IS MORE IMPORTANT AND THAT IS WHAT WE ARE ALL TRYING TO DISCUSS, THE HOW of it.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    You are missing the point. We need a team of players who know how to win, managed by someone who also knows how to win = title challengers/winners.

That's the aim. HOW ONE GETS THERE IS MORE IMPORTANT AND THAT IS WHAT WE ARE ALL TRYING TO DISCUSS, THE HOW of it.
    Stop using CAPS...
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

That's already been discussed to death when I spoke of how fsg do not stand still. We have had our third different approach to try and win or challenge the top clubs.

You try multiple approaches and find the one the works the best. There is no magical answer unless you have the money and then it's a lot easier.

Certainly the vision is there. There is holistic synergy between the board and the manager.

davevietnam is online now Academy prospect

Thats true and why in most cases there is a proven formula, 5 or 6 times pre tax profits, then look at tangible assets goodwill etc and of course potential, truth is from a pure business point of view and by that I mean looking at it without emotion and assessing risk value against investment no way is LFC worth 1B and I know its a bit cliche but any business and that's what LFC is a business is only worth what someone will pay, so you need then to look at the buyers and reasons for buying.

There are if you exclude FSG only 3 main types, in the case of City no way where they bought to make money, they where bought for association prestige etc so lets say type 1, type 2 well we know all about them, asset strip bought with borrowed money leveraging etc and lets all hope we never suffer that again, type 3 are those with a genuine love of football and often a history with the club they buy and sadly often the type because of these emotional ties that if not go under end up struggling, FSG do lend themselves more to type 2 but with far more business acumen and a love of sport in general rather than just football, its actually this lack of love for football and LFC that I find an attractive trait, the emotional problems that type 3 bring will not affect them, for sure there long term gain is profit and as I have said before I see no problem with that as it stand to reason the more successful you are the more you can sell your business by attracting the type one buyer, and lets be honest 99% of all LFC fans want if we are sold to it be to the type 1 buyer I mention when they do eventually sell.

That's already been discussed to death when I spoke of how fsg do not stand still. We have had our third different approach to try and win or challenge the top clubs.

You try multiple approaches and find the one the works the best. There is no magical answer unless you have the money and then it's a lot easier.

Certainly the vision is there. There is holistic synergy between the board and the manager.

Then something else isn't right, it isn't just about the money.

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Redfoot does.

In regards to our 'successful'. I think we are where we are. Expectations are different now. We are a minimum below 3 clubs in the league financially and squad wise.

People want instant fixes. There are no instant fixes for a club that does not have the funds the others do. Unless there's a billionaire waiting to pump all their money in, I suggest we back to gaffer and board.
    Hardly an instant fit we have not won the league for years

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Tbf Ray, we've had far better squads than this over the last 27 years and still not got near very often.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Tbf Ray, we've had far better squads than this over the last 27 years and still not got near very often.
    I like Mr Klopp and think we have made small steps forward but small steps forward could leave us going further behind our main three rivals.
    Two quality CBs and a docent keeper we could challenge but we've been saying this for years but nothing is changing maybe if FSG put in some of there own money on top of the cash we generate we could make larger steps forward

liverpool has got 2 quality centre-backs just not 2 world class ones, or 1 world class leader

Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    liverpool has got 2 quality centre-backs just not 2 world class ones, or 1 world class leader
    Do you really think any of our centre backs are quality?
    I certainly don't think they are quality far from it.

To say that FSG have not been good for Liverpool is beyond idiotic. They are almost as polar opposite to the two fools that we had before and have saved the club from a perilous and uncertain short term future (that may be somewhat of an overstatement but not by much I think). They have stabalised and moved the club forward. They have certainly been a positive for our great club and we should be grateful to them for that.

That all being said I do believe the have reached something of a crossroads. They are not capable of plowing the sort of money into Liverpool that would be required to compete on a level playing field with the other top clubs in England let alone Europe. Is money the only variable that can achieve success? No. But it is indisputable that it is a significant variable for the required mix to compete in todays market. Success will ultimately depend on other factors.

If the deal turns out to be true then its a win win. Liverpool get considerable investment and FSG make a massive profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsmyth View Post
    To say that FSG have not been good for Liverpool is beyond idiotic. They are almost as polar opposite to the two fools that we had before and have saved the club from a perilous and uncertain short term future (that may be somewhat of an overstatement but not by much I think). They have stabalised and moved the club forward. They have certainly been a positive for our great club and we should be grateful to them for that.

That all being said I do believe the have reached something of a crossroads. They are not capable of plowing the sort of money into Liverpool that would be required to compete on a level playing field with the other top clubs in England let alone Europe. Is money the only variable that can achieve success? No. But it is indisputable that it is a significant variable for the required mix to compete in todays market. Success will ultimately depend on other factors.

If the deal turns out to be true then its a win win. Liverpool get considerable investment and FSG make a massive profit.
    I have not heard any supporter say they are as bad as H&G but because our current owners are better than our past American owners doesn't mean we have to feel grateful to them we are an investment to them when they leave they'll go with a huge profit.
    I was a supporter of LFC before they invested in us and i'll be a supporter long after they've gone i may not have invested as much money as them but then again they've not invested as much emotionally as me and many other supporters....................its them who should be grateful

Then something else isn't right, it isn't just about the money.
    What isn't right is the competition is too strong. The three clubs ahead will continue to spend. So no matter what we do, they will also try to improve. So the challenge to catch them is harder and harder.

People want the league now or for us to be up there with United, city and Chelsea.

We have had a big changing of the guards at the club. Finally we seem to have stability with klopp and real optimism. But it's not enough for some.

I like Mr Klopp and think we have made small steps forward but small steps forward could leave us going further behind our main three rivals.
    Two quality CBs and a docent keeper we could challenge but we've been saying this for years but nothing is changing maybe if FSG put in some of there own money on top of the cash we generate we could make larger steps forward
    Klopp could have bought them. He chose not to. He chose to by ox and not buy a keeper or a CB.

The money we generated was there for klopp. Same as the Keita situation. We could have bought another CM for now. But klopp chose to wait on Keita and pay a premium to get him.

I don't agree with everything klopp does. Certainly not the keeper situation. But overall, I am satisfied with him. He's probably the best manager we can get and he could have got a club that was better than us in quality and money. He chose us.

What isn't right is the competition is too strong. The three clubs ahead will continue to spend. So no matter what we do, they will also try to improve. So the challenge to catch them is harder and harder.
    No, the competition is always going to be strong and we want it that way, it's good for football. We have lots of foreign players and managers, and now owners. English owners don't have the money, and the clubs have old infrastructure. Meanwhile the business side of the game is changing as well. We are behind the curve. The London clubs will have four or five great stadiums with innovative ideas etc. For us Robert Kraft the owner of the New England Patriots would have been a great owner, because he's a winner and an innovator.

You say it's getting harder and harder to compete. It is and the gap is getting wider from a financial perspective it has been been for years. Either something gets done or we will just be an also ran club I'm afraid, and that isn't something SG wants to inherit under these people I'm sure.

Klopp could have bought them. He chose not to. He chose to by ox and not buy a keeper or a CB.

The money we generated was there for klopp. Same as the Keita situation. We could have bought another CM for now. But klopp chose to wait on Keita and pay a premium to get him.

I don't agree with everything klopp does. Certainly not the keeper situation. But overall, I am satisfied with him. He's probably the best manager we can get and he could have got a club that was better than us in quality and money. He chose us.
    Klopp wouldn't get the kind of clubs you are referring to, he isn't that good.

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect

Its was madness that he didn't sign a centre back, he could still have the plan to sign Van Dijk in Jan or next summer, because most of our centre backs are not good enough anyway.

We needed two anyway, Klopp frustrates me, he spends 40 million on a another winger who sits on our bench, but overall he has spent 4.2 million on centre backs in 2 years.

Do you really think any of our centre backs are quality?
    I certainly don't think they are quality far from it.
    well not with the way Karius performs with Matip and lovren no, or doesn't look fully confident.

People want the league now or for us to be up there with United, city and Chelsea.

We have had a big changing of the guards at the club. Finally we seem to have stability with klopp and real optimism. But it's not enough for some.
    Those who aim for stability get stability but Liverpool FC should never be content with stability although for you stability seems a happy position let Southampton and Stoke accept stability for me seeing my club just treading water as a stable team who do not win anything but guarantee regular Premier football is not acceptable.
    Is this what you expect for this team stability?
    These owners might balance the books making us look attractive to future buyers but when the move on supporter will look at there time as the wasted years.

Those who aim for stability get stability but Liverpool FC should never be content with stability although for you stability seems a happy position let Southampton and Stoke accept stability for me seeing my club just treading water as a stable team who do not win anything but guarantee regular Premier football is not acceptable.
    These owners might balance the books making us look attractive to future buyers but when the move on supporter will look at there time as the wasted years.
    Are you being sponsored to mention the word 'stability' Ray?

Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    It's the name of his new company.

Stability Inc. Subsidence Specialists.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Well that's all well and good but you're forgetting about the most important thing: stability.

Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post

Stability could sponsor LFC i could see it written across our shirts

Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    It's the name of his new company.

Stability Inc. Subsidence Specialists.
    Haha,

Could do with a few catch lines.

'Got that sinking feeling'
    'Trust in our stability ability'