Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: 1billion price tag!

Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    Ask Ian Ayre, the lifelong red. I have quoted Ian Ayre in this thread and you can read the quotes about fsg and the respect.

Renaming a stand after KD was a huge day for this club.

Handing out discounts for our younger fans with the bonus we received for fair play was not respect?

Changing Ian Ayre policy for ticket prices and listening to the fans was not respect?

Appointing king Kenny because the fans wanted him was not respect?

Staying at anfield because it's our spiritual home even though a move would have possibly worked out cheaper and easier was not respect?

I can't think of too much more respect shown by other owners!
    Heck, just meeting with the fan groups is above and beyond what's required, let alone actually acting on their concerns and working with them on some issues. Some people really don't understand just how bad owners can get...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Bri_Bates View Post
    Heck, just meeting with the fan groups is above and beyond what's required, let alone actually acting on their concerns and working with them on some issues. Some people really don't understand just how bad owners can get...
    You look at our rivals and see the hatred man u have for their owners who have cost United over one billion. Yes over one billion due to their buyout, debt repayments and dividends.

Arsenal fans absolutely hate everything about their owners. No examples needed!

Spurs hated their owners for a long time and still hate wage structure and transfer kitty however they have done well recently and a new stadium is finally arriving after a very long time and kane and alli keep them happyish, for now.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    You look at our rivals and see the hatred man u have for their owners who have cost United over one billion. Yes over one billion due to their buyout, debt repayments and dividends.

Arsenal fans absolutely hate everything about their owners. No examples needed!

Spurs hated their owners for a long time and still hate wage structure and transfer kitty however they have done well recently and a new stadium is finally arriving after a very long time and kane and alli keep them happyish, for now.
    When people talk about wanting other owners (and then adamantly claiming they don't need to be a Russian/Arab sugar daddy) they seem to disregard Utd's, Arsenal's and Spurs' owners, really they are just talking about City and Chelsea.

And Ray (the self proclaimed voice of the match goers) would prefer Roman because he (used to) spend ****loads of cash. Never mind the fact that he sacks managers on a whim, buys and sells players over the manager's head, and is as corrupt as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    When people talk about wanting other owners (and then adamantly claiming they don't need to be a Russian/Arab sugar daddy) they seem to disregard Utd's, Arsenal's and Spurs' owners, really they are just talking about City and Chelsea.

And Ray (the self proclaimed voice of the match goers) would prefer Roman because he (used to) spend ****loads of cash. Never mind the fact that he sacks managers on a whim, buys and sells players over the manager's head, and is as corrupt as they come.
    I might be mistaken in thinking that Ray was one of them, but I know there were definitely some who even rated The Dildo Brothers as better owners.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post

The reality also is that we missed the boat as a club when the PL kicked off, so we’re playing serious catch up. The damage was done in those early years of the PL when Utd played it perfectly with stadium expansion, and also had a crop of good young players, so it was all aligned for them. We never reacted either.

FSG have done great work off the pitch which gets little or no credit, all the stuff that should’ve been done in those early years. Other than a City type owner, which I personally wouldn’t want, it’s hard to imagine better owners than the ones we have tbh. It’s not perfect, but that’s because we were so far behind to begin with.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    The reality also is that we missed the boat as a club when the PL kicked off, so weíre playing serious catch up. The damage was done in those early years of the PL when Utd played it perfectly with stadium expansion, and also had a crop of good young players, so it was all aligned for them. We never reacted either.

FSG have done great work off the pitch which gets little or no credit, all the stuff that shouldíve been done in those early years. Other than a City type owner, which I personally wouldnít want, itís hard to imagine better owners than the ones we have tbh. Itís not perfect, but thatís because we were so far behind to begin with.
    There's a lot of truth in that.

The reality also is that we missed the boat as a club when the PL kicked off, so we’re playing serious catch up. The damage was done in those early years of the PL when Utd played it perfectly with stadium expansion, and also had a crop of good young players, so it was all aligned for them. We never reacted either.

FSG have done great work off the pitch which gets little or no credit, all the stuff that should’ve been done in those early years. Other than a City type owner, which I personally wouldn’t want, it’s hard to imagine better owners than the ones we have tbh. It’s not perfect, but that’s because we were so far behind to begin with.
    Agreed.

Good post mate, and perhaps worth adding that H&G only took us further back.

Such a shame, 2005 put us in such a great position to close the gap but within 3 years we were already backsliding... and fast. If only FSG had been around then, things would have been very different.

Also, to add some perspective to the common complaint of 'only 1 trophy in 7 years' under FSG - in the whole of the 90's we won 1 League Cup and 1 FA Cup, plus one runner up in the FA. And that was immediately following our status as the predominant club in the league by a distance. Hardly the glory days, was it?
    Last edited by ***Stuzzza***; 20-10-17 at 19:14.

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post

Such a shame, 2005 put us in such a great position to close the gap but within 3 years we were already backsliding... and fast. If only FSG had been around then, things would have been very different.

Also, to add some perspective to the common complaint of 'only 1 trophy in 7 years' under FSG - in the whole of the 90's we won 1 League Cup and 1 FA Cup, plus one runner up in the FA. And that was immediately following our status as the predominant club in the league by a distance. Hardly the glory days, was it?
    That is mad alright! I wasnít conscious of that at all.

2005 really was a pivotal point, and itís heartbreaking that we missed that moment. Stevie sticking around, Istanbul, it was all there to build on. I often wonder if FSG are suffering due to the associated guilt of being American after what H&G did.

I also think the Rafa years are a bit overly romanticized, and we compare FSG to that and see it as failure. A CL and and FA Cup is decent for a 6 year reign, but only decent. He was obviously restricted from above, but he did buy lots of players and we never really looked like winning the league while he was here. There was nothing like 13/14 under Rafa, and I donít say that as a Rodgers fan in any way, or in relation to FSG, more that for me itís all about competing in the League, everything else is secondary to that.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Pretty much. If only fsg had taken over in the 90s no doubt we would be very close in all aspects to Manchester United. Possibly ahead.

That is mad alright! I wasn’t conscious of that at all.

2005 really was a pivotal point, and it’s heartbreaking that we missed that moment. Stevie sticking around, Istanbul, it was all there to build on. I often wonder if FSG are suffering due to the associated guilt of being American after what H&G did.

I also think the Rafa years are a bit overly romanticized, and we compare FSG to that and see it as failure. A CL and and FA Cup is decent for a 6 year reign, but only decent. He was obviously restricted from above, but he did buy lots of players and we never really looked like winning the league while he was here. There was nothing like 13/14 under Rafa, and I don’t say that as a Rodgers fan in any way, or in relation to FSG, more that for me it’s all about competing in the League, everything else is secondary to that.
    Isn't it.

Compare that to 1 League Cup plus a runner up in the FA Cup and a runner up in the EL and a runner up in the League (also achieved once in the 90's) in the 7 years under FSG and it gets pretty hard to separate them. If FSG can 'deliver' one more trophy in the next 3 years, they win. I'd expect at least that.

Considering the starting points it's a no contest. And that's without even considering the expanded stadium and new combined training facilities that FSG have delivered/are delivering.

Not even a shadow of a doubt in my mind that these guys are our best owners since the 80's.
    Last edited by ***Stuzzza***; 20-10-17 at 19:51.

Isn't it.

Compare that to 1 League Cup plus a runner up in the FA Cup and a runner up in the EL and a runner up in the League (also achieved once in the 90's) in the 7 years under FSG and it gets pretty hard to separate them. If FSG can 'deliver' one more trophy in the next 3 years, they win. I'd expect at least that.

Considering the starting points it's a no contest. And that's without even considering the expanded stadium and new combined training facilities that FSG have delivered/are delivering.

Not even a shadow of a doubt in my mind that these guys are our best owners since the 80's.
    Exactly.

That whole post echoes my previous post. We're in a win-win situation. If FSG do decide to sell, it is definitely going to take the might of a Middle Eastern superpower to buy us. Why is that?

They have increased the value of the club as a whole by 4 times what they bought it for. I believe the £1.2 Billion asking price is a fair reflection of the commercial work they've done. They have increased the commercial side by my estimates by 500%. That will only increase now that we have a world class manager at the helm. Some call me an optimist, but I'm 100% convinced that Jurgen Klopp is a world class manager.

He understands the values of the club and his man management skills are astonishing. Some may call this post a 'back slapping post', however it's realistic. We're not as bad as some would make out, and neither are the owners either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Exactly.

That whole post echoes my previous post. We're in a win-win situation. If FSG do decide to sell, it is definitely going to take the might of a Middle Eastern superpower to buy us. Why is that?

They have increased the value of the club as a whole by 4 times what they bought it for. I believe the £1.2 Billion asking price is a fair reflection of the commercial work they've done. They have increased the commercial side by my estimates by 500%. That will only increase now that we have a world class manager at the helm. Some call me an optimist, but I'm 100% convinced that Jurgen Klopp is a world class manager.

He understands the values of the club and his man management skills are astonishing. Some may call this post a 'back slapping post', however it's realistic. We're not as bad as some would make out, and neither are the owners either.

Exactly.

By your estimates, how much of that was additional income from new sponsors versus the increased revenues from tv deals?

Exactly.

No offence, but I wouldn't echo anything you post.

Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    By your estimates, how much of that was additional income from new sponsors versus the increased revenues from tv deals?
    I'm not sure, but the levels of sponsorship have increased massively in the last 7 years. It's a far cry from the prehistoric days of Moore's and Parry.

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    I might be mistaken in thinking that Ray was one of them, but I know there were definitely some who even rated The Dildo Brothers as better owners.
    You are joking i spent virtually the whole
    time they were here trying to get rid of them scumbags

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Pretty much. If only fsg had taken over in the 90s no doubt we would be very close in all aspects to Manchester United. Possibly ahead.
    Rose tinted glasses well and truly on

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    He's talking about the West Ham owners.

Kenny - only wanted British players while selling tons of dead wood.

Brendan - in-fighting with the TC and players were forced onto him.

Klopp - too stubborn to consider alternatives.

All these while FSG has been banging on we can compete with anyone, 150million war chest, etc... while our net spend...
    Last edited by sgRED; Yesterday at 17:49. Reason: My bug fat thumb again

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    I know it'd be seriously restrictive but you really should refrain from commenting on posts, or discussing topics, you don't understand.

I know it'd be seriously restrictive but you really should refrain from commenting on posts, or discussing topics, you don't understand.