Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 96

Thread: Sadio Mane sustains hamstring injury

  1. #61  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    28,326
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    And when he's fit? How do you rate him? More deadwood? Flop? Cold indifference?
    I don't put him on the top shelf - he is not Balon d'Or winner in the making - he has achieved nothing - if he becomes the new King Kenny and makes a difference then we will have to change our opinions.... Trophies and all that make legends, not run of the mill efforts
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #62  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,281
    Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    Gomez and Klavan.
    Sorted!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #63  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,727
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Sorted!
    Henderson and Can, sorted
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #64  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,281
    Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    Henderson and Can, sorted
    Marvellous stuff!


    (why, oh why did the facepalm emoji get dumped?)
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #65  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    12,488
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Marvellous stuff!


    (why, oh why did the facepalm emoji get dumped?)
    I know, we need to campaign to bring it back!

    #BringBackTheFacepalmEmoji
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #66  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    17,766
    The reports said he was taken off in the 89th minute, but was injured during the match. Did anyone see it? It reads a bit like he was playing for a while injured then came off.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #67  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    41,934
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    The reports said he was taken off in the 89th minute, but was injured during the match. Did anyone see it? It reads a bit like he was playing for a while injured then came off.
    step up ox
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #68  
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,830
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    step up ox
    To 2nd in line sub?

    Front 6 will be Can, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Salh, Firmino, and Coutinho; Ox will still be firmly planted on the bench...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #69  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    20,728
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    step up ox
    great idea, and step up 2 and 3, he can watch them during the game and into the evening.
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #70  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    88,895
    Mane included in Senegal squad for World Cup qualifiers on Nov 10 & 14
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #71  
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Mane included in Senegal squad for World Cup qualifiers on Nov 10 & 14
    Are these 2 qualifiers do-or-die for Senegal?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #72  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    88,895
    Quote Originally Posted by sgRED View Post
    Are these 2 qualifiers do-or-die for Senegal?
    Yes, there should only be one, on the 14th, but they have to replay their match in South Africa due to a dodgy ref 1st time around.

    If they beat SA on the 10th then they've qualified.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #73  
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Yes, there should only be one, on the 14th, but they have to replay their match in South Africa due to a dodgy ref 1st time around.

    If they beat SA on the 10th then they've qualified.
    Okie. Then we can only that he won't come back with safety boot on then.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #74  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    12,488
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Yes, there should only be one, on the 14th, but they have to replay their match in South Africa due to a dodgy ref 1st time around.

    If they beat SA on the 10th then they've qualified.
    What on Earth?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #75  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    88,895
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    What on Earth?
    Oh yes https://www.theguardian.com/football...ifier-replayed

    Think Howard Webb at Old Trafford
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #76  
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23,959
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Oh yes https://www.theguardian.com/football...ifier-replayed

    Think Howard Webb at Old Trafford
    Seems a strange one that there doesn't appear to be any inquiry into SA's possible involvement in a clearly corrupt official.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #77  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,960
    Anyone think he found pre-season tough that's partly why 2 hamstring injuries consecutively have put him out of action?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #78  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    24,551
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    Anyone think he found pre-season tough that's partly why 2 hamstring injuries consecutively have put him out of action?
    He missed most of pre-season as he was injured both before and during/after it.

    It's probably that injury that has caused these repeated niggles.

    Happens a lot with players who rely on explosive pace.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #79  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    He missed most of pre-season as he was injured both before and during/after it.

    It's probably that injury that has caused these repeated niggles.

    Happens a lot with players who rely on explosive pace.
    It's a pity because he could be one of the best wingers liverpool has ever had.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #80  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    24,551
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    It's a pity because he could be one of the best wingers liverpool has ever had.
    He'll be fit and raring to go soon...it's not like we can play him twice a week, every week, all season.

    Just think of it as compulsory rotation
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #81  
    lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,214
    More Norwegian falls. Will get him back in no time.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #82  
    lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,214
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    He'll be fit and raring to go soon...it's not like we can play him twice a week, every week, all season.

    Just think of it as compulsory rotation
    How'd woodburn look against France. I watched the first half, and Wales was completely outclassed, but glad he got 30 minutes.

    Would like to see him given some minutes if Mane and Coutinho is out.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #83  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    24,683
    I hope it's not serious. Without him we look mid table. Our top 6 finish relies on mane staying fit.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #84  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,370
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUmpire View Post
    I hope it's not serious. Without him we look mid table. Our top 6 finish relies on mane staying fit.
    Top 6?

    Are you serious? We're 3 points behind Chelsea who look a shadow of the side they were last season. We're 4 points behind Man United who have a manager who plays with 10 centre backs against any side above the standard of Watford, despite spending 180 million on forwards. Yet you reckon we're only fit for a top 6 finish? Delusion at it's finest.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #85  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Top 6?

    Are you serious? We're 3 points behind Chelsea who look a shadow of the side they were last season. We're 4 points behind Man United who have a manager who plays with 10 centre backs against any side above the standard of Watford, despite spending 180 million on forwards. Yet you reckon we're only fit for a top 6 finish? Delusion at it's finest.
    That's what he's hoping will happen.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #86  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    24,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Top 6?

    Are you serious? We're 3 points behind Chelsea who look a shadow of the side they were last season. We're 4 points behind Man United who have a manager who plays with 10 centre backs against any side above the standard of Watford, despite spending 180 million on forwards. Yet you reckon we're only fit for a top 6 finish? Delusion at it's finest.
    That's right top 6. Meltdown eh.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #87  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    27,311
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUmpire View Post
    I hope it's not serious. Without him we look mid table. Our top 6 finish relies on mane staying fit.
    He was missing for three months last season and we finished top four

    Our chances are impacted, but not totally reliant, that was the point of bringing in Salah too to absorb that loss, his performances and goals so far underline that
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #88  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    12,488
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUmpire View Post
    I hope it's not serious. Without him we look mid table. Our top 6 finish relies on mane staying fit.
    Decent bit of bait that, shame it didn't get as many bites as you'd hoped.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #89  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    27,311
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Decent bit of bait that, shame it didn't get as many bites as you'd hoped.
    Ahhh, is it one of those again, man what is the point?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #90  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Ahhh, is it one of those again, man what is the point?
    I don't think his comment is completely invalid, only as much as RF or PC getting injured though. However, we're not the only side who may struggle if one of their key players was sidelined with an injury.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •