Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 987

Thread: LFC v Man U - Premier League - Sat Oct 14th - KO: 12:30

  1. #31  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12,605
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    im not suggesting anything , im giving my opinion on a back 4 with lovren,gomez and the ever so improved moreno (do me a favour) , its a poor side , and it hurts now because im realising we've not improved really bar salah, we havebought a better left back but he seems to be not even in contention
    I'm sorry to contradict you, mate, but Robbo is anything but better than Alberto Moreno,

    both are good crossers of the ball, sporadically get caught out of position, specially defending aerial balls,

    and both are better at pushing down their side than at defending the space behind them,

    both have at least an unexpected blunder per game under their belt,

    I praise and sometimes argue about both of them, but I don't have a preference,
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #32  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,481
    Mignolet

    Milner/Matip/Lovren/Moreno

    Can
    Coutinho/Chamberlain

    Salah/Sturridge/Firmino

    subs: Karius/Klavan/Flanagan/Henderson/Wijnaldum/Wilson/Solanke


    More than likely, this is not the team Klopp will pick, but we need to start getting 3 points each, preferably from each of our next 5 games, and while I havent been impressed by Ox (either before or since he signed), we need to do something different than Henderson/Wijnaldum. Also, no more Gomez.

    We had another brain fart against Burnley, but that MF when Can was the deepest was actually a pretty good looking game up till then. Also, with mane out, I'd actually prefer Wilson as an option off the bench, especially as he's the only one at the club that actually seems to remember how to score a goal without needing 50 shots first.

    p.s. even if Klopp does'nt play this team, we're the first top-6 team that they're playing, and Mourinho may go against his natural instincts and try to maul us, in which case, so I think we'll beat them anyway.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #33  
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17,517
    For once I would like to see a pragmatist approach with our players getting stuck in and frustrating the other side.I can only dream ....we are going to be open like a hooker in bangkok
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #34  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    For once I would like to see a pragmatist approach with our players getting stuck in and frustrating the other side.I can only dream ....we are going to be open like a hooker in bangkok
    I think and hope Mr Klopp will set up a pragmatist approach to this game,

    I guess he won't be the one to make the first move,

    wait, counter press, and hit on the break, have to be our mantra this time,

    don't think we'll throw ourselves at close quarters immediately,

    it will be very tactical, a kind of a chess game with Mou,
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #35  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12,605
    Quote Originally Posted by spikop View Post
    Mignolet

    Milner/Matip/Lovren/Moreno

    Can
    Coutinho/Chamberlain

    Salah/Sturridge/Firmino

    subs: Karius/Klavan/Flanagan/Henderson/Wijnaldum/Wilson/Solanke


    More than likely, this is not the team Klopp will pick, but we need to start getting 3 points each, preferably from each of our next 5 games, and while I havent been impressed by Ox (either before or since he signed), we need to do something different than Henderson/Wijnaldum. Also, no more Gomez.

    We had another brain fart against Burnley, but that MF when Can was the deepest was actually a pretty good looking game up till then. Also, with mane out, I'd actually prefer Wilson as an option off the bench, especially as he's the only one at the club that actually seems to remember how to score a goal without needing 50 shots first.

    p.s. even if Klopp does'nt play this team, we're the first top-6 team that they're playing, and Mourinho may go against his natural instincts and try to maul us, in which case, so I think we'll beat them anyway.
    I thought to you favourite starting formation since several time, and I reckon it did convince me,

    lining up Milly at right back and keep intact the rest of the team bar AOC and Studge on in place of Gini and Sadio Manč looks anything bar a despicable idea,

    I think your eleven is pretty spot on though quite experimental,

    but obviously our gaffer needs to trial different formations to find out the right alchemy and drive our team back on a winning way,

    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #36  
    TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    36,629
    I think we'll draw this even though we'll probably end up being the better side, De Gea will have an absolute blinder for the Mancs.
    ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #37  
    NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    32,266
    If our MF don't play up to snuff, we'll get hammered.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #38  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12,605
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRiedle View Post
    I think we'll draw this even though we'll probably end up being the better side, De Gea will have an absolute blinder for the Mancs.
    it might be mate, and I don't rule out it could be the most likely outcome,

    but any Die Hard Red wants us being up for the three points, so fingers crossed,

    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #39  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12,605
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    If our MF don't play up to snuff, we'll get hammered.
    we'll play deeper than usual, mate, don't worry, Mr Klopp is not a moron, although he has sporadically committed some tactical mistakes,

    but his record with top teams speaks for itself, isn't it?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #40  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,972
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    If our MF don't play up to snuff, we'll get hammered.
    Regardless of our MF options, If our forwards had been more clinical in front of goal this season, we'd be on the leaders coat tails at this point.

    I imagine that we'll get some clear cut chances this Saturday too. But If we're unable to convert them, I'm sure it'll be our midfielders that bare the brunt of the criticism.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #41  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12,605
    --------------------Mignolet--------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ---------------Matip--------Lovren------------
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Milner----------------------------------Moreno
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------Hendo----------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ---------Can-----------------------AOC---------
    ---------------------------------------------------
    --------------------Coutinho--------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ---------Salah---------------------Firmino-----


    As subs: Karius, TAA, Klavan, Robertson, Wjinaldum, Sturridge, Solanke,


    let's roll over the hatred scums!


    C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDMEN!!

    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #42  
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,711
    5-3-2

    Mig

    Can Gomez Matip Loveren Moreno

    Ox Hendo Cou

    Salah Firmino
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #43  
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    27,606
    Have no hopes for this match.

    I never enjoy watching these matches. They are nearly always hellish, but the biggest matches in the calendar.

    If we go a goal down, we're in trouble.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #44  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,233
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    It's four years since we beat them at home in the league, we're due one.
    I would be open to this being a possibility before Mane went down, but now that he is out there is no way we beat them... A draw is best case scenario
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #45  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    Have no hopes for this match.

    I never enjoy watching these matches. They are nearly always hellish, but the biggest matches in the calendar.

    If we go a goal down, we're in trouble.
    Yea, but if we win, the High feels sooooo High. On the other hand, if we lose, that's the Lowest Low, & ****s up the entire week.

    And btw, this is why I think a portion of the new int'l TV money should go according to placings, and not just stay equitable. There's talk of the "big 6", but in reality, it's a "big 2", then the other 4, then the next 14.

    So for those arguing in the other thread the other day, the new proposal would still guarantee the 'lower' teams a fixed sum before placings, but split the rest according to placings. A regular league game (not just finals) between LFC & MUFC gets more viewers than any other sport, except the WC. For example, the SuperBowl is touted as the biggest TV viewership in the US, but is lucky to get a fifth of the TV eyes that LFC-MU will get this weekend (and the 2 finalist dont have to give the rest of the league any money)
    Last edited by spikop; 11-10-17 at 00:16.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #46  
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9,164
    Got tickets for this one so buzzing to be going but feeling very nervous about the result, we haven't looked good at all this season bar one or two games and i can see us losing comfortably saturday.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #47  
    TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    36,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Baros--5 View Post
    Got tickets for this one so buzzing to be going but feeling very nervous about the result, we haven't looked good at all this season bar one or two games and i can see us losing comfortably saturday.
    Enjoy the game regardless of the result, I think the atmosphere will be buzzing. I'm going to the Hudds game at the end of the month. Can't wait
    ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #48  
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    358
    Mane missing is a huge blow. Mourinho will probably man mark Coutinho with Herrera to try to nullify our main playmaker. If he does, it's going to be a struggle to break them down.

    Hopefully, someone else will step up. Maybe AOC will kick start his Liverpool career, fingers crossed.

    Time for Klopp to pull a rabbit out of his hat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #49  
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    31,603
    Liverpool 2
    Scum dogs Supreme 0

    Oxlade to score (IF - and it is a BIG IF) he is selected. If he isn't selected, he won't score.

    Oh, and yes, you did not read incorrectly - I AM predicting a clean sheet for us.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #50  
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    31,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Far Away Red View Post
    Mane missing is a huge blow. Mourinho will probably man mark Coutinho with Herrera to try to nullify our main playmaker. If he does, it's going to be a struggle to break them down.

    Hopefully, someone else will step up. Maybe AOC will kick start his Liverpool career, fingers crossed.

    Time for Klopp to pull a rabbit out of his hat.
    I'd rather he pulled an ox out of his hat.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #51  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37,918
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Liverpool 2
    Scum dogs Supreme 0

    Oxlade to score (IF - and it is a BIG IF) he is selected. If he isn't selected, he won't score.

    Oh, and yes, you did not read incorrectly - I AM predicting a clean sheet for us.
    You nutter.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #52  
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    31,603
    Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    You nutter.
    One man's nutter is another man's 'brave, visionary trendoid'.

    Has hubby got over his 'lack of new bath plug' depression yet?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #53  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37,918
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    One man's nutter is another man's 'brave, visionary trendoid'.

    Has hubby got over his 'lack of new bath plug' depression yet?
    He's slowly coming to terms with it.
    I might put the Christmas tree up to lighten the mood.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #54  
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,303
    Couldn’t care less who starts, or how we play, just get the 3 points.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #55  
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    31,603
    Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    He's slowly coming to terms with it.
    I might put the Christmas tree up to lighten the mood.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #56  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    27,318
    Small mention of the Kenny Dalglish stand opening too, should add to the atmosphere, desperate our lot give it the opening it deserves and we do the Mancs

    Klopp is capable of a more pragmatic approach too, he did just that in both games last season against them, particularly the draw at Old Trafford when he changed shape, had Lallana playing in behind the front man and dropping deeper to make up an extra midfielder, it worked quite well on the day.

    Anyways, up for this, fed up of drowning in fear every game, pointless. Come on you *******!!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #57  
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    I'd rather he pulled an ox out of his hat.
    Haha! Any rabbit will do and I like your optimism. Looking forward to Mourinho's post match whinge about how he controlled the game when they have been outplayed and lost.

    Salah and Can to score.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #58  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    51,955
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Liverpool 2
    Scum dogs Supreme 0

    Oxlade to score (IF - and it is a BIG IF) he is selected. If he isn't selected, he won't score.

    Oh, and yes, you did not read incorrectly - I AM predicting a clean sheet for us.
    reported.. way too much optimism
    dont look back in anger.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #59  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    27,318
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    reported.. way too much optimism


    I'm sure the gaggle will be along to stamp all over any hope, support and happiness
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #60  
    TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    36,629
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Liverpool 2
    Scum dogs Supreme 0

    Oxlade to score (IF - and it is a BIG IF) he is selected. If he isn't selected, he won't score.

    Oh, and yes, you did not read incorrectly - I AM predicting a clean sheet for us.
    Wish I could share your optimism Grenny. Not sure about getting a result but I have a good feeling we'll play really well.
    ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •