Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
Results 961 to 987 of 987

Thread: LFC v Man U - Premier League - Sat Oct 14th - KO: 12:30

  1. #961  
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe-El View Post
    What game did you watch? Absolute joker.

    The only thing they matched LFC on was the scoreline. In every other way Manure were battered
    Manure were simply.....manure.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #962  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Anfield Iron 58 View Post
    Manure were simply.....manure.
    agree, mate

    we simply outplayed them in any department, on this we are all agree,
    Last edited by rosso76; 14-10-17 at 18:30.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #963  
    TheSoundLady is online now Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29,251
    Good performance, we need to remember how to put the ball in the net though.

    Wish we would have bought a prolific top striker to go with all our attacking weapons. Like United did.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #964  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,174
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSoundLady View Post
    Good performance, we need to remember how to put the ball in the net though.

    Wish we would have bought a prolific top striker to go with all our attacking weapons. Like United did.
    Yeah I agree, I thought we should have gone for Aubemayang...I thought we played well today though, but City are head and shoulders above everyone.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #965  
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by kopite26 View Post
    We need a goal so he takes off Salah and Coutinho.
    Probably because, at present, Salah is greedy and wasteful.

    Several times he has taken a shot when someone else has been a better position.

    He actually took the ball off Cout, and missed, when he should have left it.

    Cortiniho was in a much better position.

    Klopp needs to speak to him.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #966  
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    8,446
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulred View Post
    Probably because, at present, Salah is greedy and wasteful.

    Several times he has taken a shot when someone else has been a better position.

    He actually took the ball off Cout, and missed, when he should have left it.

    Cortiniho was in a much better position.

    Klopp needs to speak to him.
    Are you having a laugh?

    there were countless times others were in positions to do something and they all bottled it and fumbled it over to someone else.

    Salah can be wasteful yes, but he's been 1 of our best players almost every game.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #967  
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by mae70 View Post
    I agree but we defended well and that has to be a positive
    True!

    Interesting that Gomez was man of the match.

    And Moreno had his best match to date.

    It's beginning to appear that Klopp's strategy is starting to work.

    We are starting to look more secure at the back.

    Give it time, the season's only just started.

    In the 2 years that Klopp has been here we've lost just 2 games at home.

    Signs of Fortress Anfield.

    Keep the faith, doomsters take note.

    Good times are coming.

    Last edited by hopefulred; 14-10-17 at 22:57.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #968  
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post
    Are you having a laugh?

    there were countless times others were in positions to do something and they all bottled it and fumbled it over to someone else.

    Salah can be wasteful yes, but he's been 1 of our best players almost every game.
    That doesn't alter the fact that if he'd passed to teammates in a better position, we would not have just made draws.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #969  
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    33,266
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulred View Post
    Probably because, at present, Salah is greedy and wasteful.

    Several times he has taken a shot when someone else has been a better position.

    He actually took the ball off Cout, and missed, when he should have left it.

    Cortiniho was in a much better position.

    Klopp needs to speak to him.
    Finding reasons to criticise Salah is absolutely shocking to read
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #970  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,193
    What a terrible thread to read...CantDefend must be the worst poster ever!!!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #971  
    RedInferno74 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    17,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyreds View Post
    What a terrible thread to read...CantDefend must be the worst poster ever!!!
    He is a troll. Stop giving him attention.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #972  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,747
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulred View Post
    Probably because, at present, Salah is greedy and wasteful.

    Several times he has taken a shot when someone else has been a better position.

    He actually took the ball off Cout, and missed, when he should have left it.

    Cortiniho was in a much better position.

    Klopp needs to speak to him.

    Respectfully sir, this is utter rubbish
    My ship is coming in.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #973  
    TheSoundLady is online now Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29,251
    Quote Originally Posted by youwannabe View Post
    Respectfully sir, this is utter rubbish
    I think Salah is absolutely brilliant and was a steal and like Coutinho and Mane, will terrorize the league.

    However, I agree with the person speaking rubbish, in that, he is a little greedy at moments where unselfishness would lead to a better opportunity to score.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #974  
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulred View Post
    True!

    Interesting that Gomez was man of the match.

    And Moreno had his best match to date.

    It's beginning to appear that Klopp's strategy is starting to work.

    We are starting to look more secure at the back.

    Give it time, the season's only just started.

    In the 2 years that Klopp has been here we've lost just 2 games at home.

    Signs of Fortress Anfield.

    Keep the faith, doomsters take note.

    Good times are coming.

    It’s easier to look more secure at the back when the opposition don’t attack and their striker doesn’t want to bother.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #975  
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    553
    Good performance, just need to start scoring, just a matter of time
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #976  
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    44,531
    Quote Originally Posted by dardle View Post
    Good performance, just need to start scoring, just a matter of time
    Unfortunately, by that time, we will be well out of the title race (if not already) and struggling to get back into the CL.

    If you don't play a proper striker, and your attacking midfield don't score, then you are up the creek.

    One win in 8 is shocking. Our scoring has become as big a problem as our defending. We did ok yesterday but that was because utd offered no real threat going forward.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #977  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    69,749
    Quote Originally Posted by hj77 View Post
    It’s easier to look more secure at the back when the opposition don’t attack and their striker doesn’t want to bother.
    well tbf they did target the wings and gomez/moreno both had decent games, specially gomez agaisnt martial then rashford - did very well in fact.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #978  
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    well tbf they did target the wings and gomez/moreno both had decent games, specially gomez agaisnt martial then rashford - did very well in fact.
    Kal do you think Klopp showed yesterday that the penny has dropped and you can't go all out to win a game at the expense of leaving the door wide open for the opponent to walk through and score with a sucker punch when he left Henderson, Can and Wijnaldum on the pitch for the full game
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #979  
    lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    69,749
    Quote Originally Posted by kopitebaz View Post
    Kal do you think Klopp showed yesterday that the penny has dropped and you can't go all out to win a game at the expense of leaving the door wide open for the opponent to walk through and score with a sucker punch when he left Henderson, Can and Wijnaldum on the pitch for the full game
    nah, think we were doing most stuff down thier wing so it made more sense to put fresh legs thier i guess. thought alex did ok when he came on, seems some of klopps methods is starting to show - think we will see a different player probably after xmas. usually moaniho has fellaini so he can launch long balls, didn't have it this time and it showed.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #980  
    TheSoundLady is online now Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29,251
    Quote Originally Posted by KOPGIRL1971 View Post
    Unfortunately, by that time, we will be well out of the title race (if not already) and struggling to get back into the CL.

    If you don't play a proper striker, and your attacking midfield don't score, then you are up the creek.

    One win in 8 is shocking. Our scoring has become as big a problem as our defending. We did ok yesterday but that was because utd offered no real threat going forward.
    Actually, some of our fans and their lack of patience and support for the best manager we've had since Rafa (or quite possibly since Dalglish volume 1) is what is shocking! We're doing fine this season. And well on course for the top 4. Time will prove me right.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #981  
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by KloppOfTheWorld View Post
    Not being able to put away chance after chance pf late has nothing to do with Henderson.

    This whole 'who should be Captain' talk is nonsense, we've had enough chances in the least 7 games to have won at last 4 of them.

    Leave it, it ain't changing anytime soon.
    What I actually meant by my comment is that Henderson is a good player but he is not fit to lace Gerrards boots. There are times when we should start Can over him and not both of them but because he is captain I think it's more difficult to drop him for certain games
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #982  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55,492
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSoundLady View Post
    And well on course for the top 4. Time will prove me right.
    We're eighth.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #983  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11,830
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    We're eighth.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #984  
    TheSoundLady is online now Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29,251
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    We're eighth.
    Level on points with 5th, 8 games in (thirty still to play), level with Chelsea and Arsenal, having played 3 of the 5 main rivals already, with Watford (an anomaly) in 4th who will drop out in no time. But yeah, enjoy your vindication of us being "8th" for a week or two. It won't last long so squeeze all the juice out of it while you can.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #985  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55,492
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSoundLady View Post
    Level on points with 5th, 8 games in (thirty still to play), level with Chelsea and Arsenal, having played 3 of the 5 main rivals already, with Watford (an anomaly) in 4th who will drop out in no time. But yeah, enjoy your vindication of us being "8th" for a week or two. It won't last long so squeeze all the juice out of it while you can.
    This doesn't tally at all with you saying you were joking about being persuaded we'll be in the top four.

    Either way, nothing you just said actually suggests that we're on course for top four. Just that it's possible, but that's not the same thing at all.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #986  
    TheSoundLady is online now Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29,251
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    This doesn't tally at all with you saying you were joking about being persuaded we'll be in the top four.

    Either way, nothing you just said actually suggests that we're on course for top four. Just that it's possible, but that's not the same thing at all.
    While I admit that any of United, and especially Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool could miss the top 4 (and 2 definitely will), I am also very confident because of our manager and the potential of our players (especially attacking players), that we'll get top four. In my mind, we're well on course for the top 4, but as you know, my mind is a very bizarre isolated island nation state.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #987  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11,830
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSoundLady View Post
    While I admit that any of United, and especially Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool could miss the top 4 (and 2 definitely will), I am also very confident because of our manager and the potential of our players (especially attacking players), that we'll get top four. In my mind, we're well on course for the top 4, but as you know, my mind is a very bizarre isolated island nation state.
    you are far way too optimistic, mate,

    with Manè in and out the starting eleven because injury prone and on the sidelines too often, and if nobody will be added in to our firepower in next january transfer session,

    we will barely struggle to finish the season in top six top seven,

    mark my words, mate,
    Last edited by rosso76; 17-10-17 at 11:53.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •