Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 160

Thread: Barca are surely pushing the envelope.

  1. #31  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    Surely we dont have to be in court for someone to make a claim and then when asked for proof his response is ask you to prove its not the case.

    if I told you Klopp wanted Messi and you asked me for proof and my response was prove he didnt want to sign Messi would you be satisfied?
    That's the difference. I know this is only a discussion forum. I wouldn't demand proof of someone's opinion as some form of oneupmanship given none of us are really ITKs anyway
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #32  
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Simon-95 View Post
    They are annoying *****! No class
    They done this before EVERY big match of the year. It is to be expected at this point, and they have not abided by EUFA rules for a long time now. They are above the law, PSG have actually surpassed them for the time being. I how we sell to PSG for more, just to **** off Barca even more.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #33  
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    16,765
    Quote Originally Posted by L8LadinDubai View Post
    That's the difference. I know this is only a discussion forum. I wouldn't demand proof of someone's opinion as some form of oneupmanship given none of us are really ITKs anyway
    if someone makes a claim there is nothing wrong with asking for proof especially in discussion forum. We cant go around debating misnformation
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #34  
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    Its not a silly question, the burden of proof lies with the person who makes the claim.Like I told him there have been tappings before and the FA has yet to handout a transfer ban
    So you reckon we made a hugely humiliating public apology in order to avoid some kind of fine?

    Also what do you mean the FA are yet to hand out a transfer ban? The FA have banned us from signing youth players for tapping one up. That's a thing that is currently on us right now!
    Last edited by -Chris-; 12-10-17 at 07:20.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #35  
    GivinItBifters is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,264
    That link from the OP is just a Sky advert for the match on Saturday, nothing more. There's nothing about a new bid. We already know they want him. The BBC's gossip thread are saying the same and they're even giving a price-tag of 98 million. It's all just BS
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #36  
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,062
    Quote Originally Posted by GivinItBifters View Post
    That link from the OP is just a Sky advert for the match on Saturday, nothing more. There's nothing about a new bid. We already know they want him. The BBC's gossip thread are saying the same and they're even giving a price-tag of 98 million. It's all just BS
    98 million !!!!
    Ha Ha Ha Ha, for his left leg maybe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #37  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    61,546
    I doubt there is anything on this, probably just a little trick to divert attention.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #38  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    61,546
    Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    So you reckon we made a hugely humiliating public apology in order to avoid some kind of fine?

    Also what do you mean the FA are yet to hand out a transfer ban? The FA have banned us from signing youth players for tapping one up. That's a thing that is currently on us right now!
    Yes, there is fair chance this is what happened, and as for what they would do next time, well, you would expect it would be a heavier sanction.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #39  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    50,238
    Hmmm, so is this them giving us another "very last chance to accept their offer"

    Reminds of this girl I fancied when I was 16, I must have asked her out at least 4 times a week for a year and she said no every time... what a sad **** I was
    dont look back in anger.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #40  
    Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,261
    Quote Originally Posted by SectionOneOneSeven View Post
    I'd rather we didn't act like Barca when it comes to unsettling players.
    Yeah. We can get in trouble for it much more than Barca can. Just look at the Dempsey and Fulham situation.

    I wouldn't want us to do it anyway.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #41  
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    23,762
    I don't mind links and speculation, but it's funny how many of these articles have popped up just before a game with United.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #42  
    BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    42,007
    What about....

    Accept £120m cash up front for Coutinho. Then offer Sanchez a 4 year £400k pw deal (£83m) and Arsenal £40m for him. Total cost £123m

    Surely Sanchez would be tempted to come here on £400k pw?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #43  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    50,238
    Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    What about....

    Accept £120m cash up front for Coutinho. Then offer Sanchez a 4 year £400k pw deal (£83m) and Arsenal £40m for him. Total cost £123m

    Surely Sanchez would be tempted to come here on £400k pw?
    I wouldnt want Sanchez, he's a whiney little rat who throws his arms up moaning and whinging on the pitch if things don;t go his way, Phil doesn;t do that and also we're not selling 3 months on makes no difference.

    I wish someone would just drop a massive bomb of **** on Barca
    dont look back in anger.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #44  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    61,546
    Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    What about....

    Accept £120m cash up front for Coutinho. Then offer Sanchez a 4 year £400k pw deal (£83m) and Arsenal £40m for him. Total cost £123m

    Surely Sanchez would be tempted to come here on £400k pw?
    Wtf
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #45  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    61,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Mersey Dudek View Post
    Yeah. We can get in trouble for it much more than Barca can. Just look at the Dempsey and Fulham situation.

    I wouldn't want us to do it anyway.
    I don't think we have any issue with them to be honest or that there is anything to report, they haven't even met the player so what is there to get outraged about?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #46  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    61,546
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    I wouldnt want Sanchez, he's a whiney little rat who throws his arms up moaning and whinging on the pitch if things don;t go his way, Phil doesn;t do that and also we're not selling 3 months on makes no difference.

    I wish someone would just drop a massive bomb of **** on Barca
    Sanchez would be an excellent addition and a big upgrade on Firmino, if we don't want to play with a number 9 then he is probably one of the best possible options.
    The issue is Arsenal won't sell now and he will not come later.
    Also, it would be good to see where we finish this season before the current management is allowed spend more money and enter in further expensive commitments.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #47  
    BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    42,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    Sanchez would be an excellent addition and a big upgrade on Firmino, if we don't want to play with a number 9 then he is probably one of the best possible options.
    The issue is Arsenal won't sell now and he will not come later.
    Also, it would be good to see where we finish this season before the current management is allowed spend more money and enter in further expensive commitments.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...-arsene-wenger

    I think Sanchez will go to who ever pays him the most, he's 28 and probably only got 4 good years left. If we offered him c.£400k pw then I think that would make him think about us no matter who else is in. The problem is would City match it?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #48  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    61,546
    Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...-arsene-wenger

    I think Sanchez will go to who ever pays him the most, he's 28 and probably only got 4 good years left. If we offered him c.£400k pw then I think that would make him think about us no matter who else is in. The problem is would City match it?
    We are not going to offer him that money, so that's out of the question. I don't think is just a matter of money, Arsenal could offer him as much as we could or more and he wouldln't sign. Also, it is worth remembering that he also rejected the option to come here.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #49  
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    And what exactly are we going to do?
    1. Not bid.
    2. Identity no alternatives.
    3. Bemoan the fact we're crap at the back but insist we have the best players available in world football.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #50  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    26,891
    He isn't gonna be sold in January anyway. So we fight all summer to keep him them accept he is gonna be sold in the first couple of weeks in January?

    I don't think so.
    YNWA
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #51  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    50,238
    Quote Originally Posted by gegenpressing View Post
    he isn't gonna be sold in january anyway. So we fight all summer to keep him them accept he is gonna be sold in the first couple of weeks in january?

    I don't think so.
    correctamundo
    dont look back in anger.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #52  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    26,891
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    correctamundo
    I'm 90% sure of that. I'm also pretty sure he'll leave in the summer though.
    YNWA
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #53  
    GivinItBifters is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Gegenpressing View Post
    He isn't gonna be sold in January anyway. So we fight all summer to keep him them accept he is gonna be sold in the first couple of weeks in January?

    I don't think so.
    Nail on head!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #54  
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    16,765
    Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    So you reckon we made a hugely humiliating public apology in order to avoid some kind of fine?

    Also what do you mean the FA are yet to hand out a transfer ban? The FA have banned us from signing youth players for tapping one up. That's a thing that is currently on us right now!
    Yes and to maintain a good relationship with the selling club ,they're not going to sell a player to a club they just reported for investigation. What I do know is we were not "almost banned" as you claimed and its the first time I'm hearing about it

    There is a huge difference between youth level and professional level and the latter was what I talking about
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #55  
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    If it could potentially land the player who cares about another clubs feelings?!
    Our bad reputation on the transfer market is probably one of the main reasons why we can't land our targets easily. If you noticed, Barca haven't been doing brilliantly in transfers for a while either.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #56  
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    Yes and to maintain a good relationship with the selling club ,they're not going to sell a player to a club they just reported for investigation. What I do know is we were not "almost banned" as you claimed and its the first time I'm hearing about it

    There is a huge difference between youth level and professional level and the latter was what I talking about
    So they've banned us from signing youth players for tapping up. What do you reckon they would then do 6 months later for tapping up a senior player. "Oh don't worry about it, here's a fine"
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #57  
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by GruntB4 View Post
    Iím not saying that theyíre breaking any rules, but surely, if the unsettling of players that are clearly not for sale is frowned upon by footballs governing bodies, then Barca should at least be told to dial it down. The most surprising thing thing in all of this, to me is that we donít seem to be doing anything as a club to deter them from constantly talking about our player in the press.
    Thoughts?http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...celona-planned
    Couldn't agree more. This seems a lot worse than having a phone call with Van Dijk!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #58  
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    16,765
    Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    So they've banned us from signing youth players for tapping up. What do you reckon they would then do 6 months later for tapping up a senior player. "Oh don't worry about it, here's a fine"
    Yes.

    We were not almost banned lets get that silly idea out of the way. A fine was the most likely outcome
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #59  
    BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    42,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    We are not going to offer him that money, so that's out of the question. I don't think is just a matter of money, Arsenal could offer him as much as we could or more and he wouldln't sign. Also, it is worth remembering that he also rejected the option to come here.
    But thats the point, to compete we NEED to be offering that kind of money, and we HAVE that kind of money if we sold Phil so I dont get why not.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #60  
    BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    42,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gegenpressing View Post
    He isn't gonna be sold in January anyway. So we fight all summer to keep him them accept he is gonna be sold in the first couple of weeks in January?

    I don't think so.
    If our season is over by Christmas then there is a chance he'll be sold.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •