Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Barca are surely pushing the envelope.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    Surely we dont have to be in court for someone to make a claim and then when asked for proof his response is ask you to prove its not the case.

if I told you Klopp wanted Messi and you asked me for proof and my response was prove he didnt want to sign Messi would you be satisfied?
    That's the difference. I know this is only a discussion forum. I wouldn't demand proof of someone's opinion as some form of oneupmanship given none of us are really ITKs anyway
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Simon-95 View Post
    They are annoying *****! No class
    They done this before EVERY big match of the year. It is to be expected at this point, and they have not abided by EUFA rules for a long time now. They are above the law, PSG have actually surpassed them for the time being. I how we sell to PSG for more, just to **** off Barca even more.

Quote Originally Posted by L8LadinDubai View Post
    That's the difference. I know this is only a discussion forum. I wouldn't demand proof of someone's opinion as some form of oneupmanship given none of us are really ITKs anyway
    if someone makes a claim there is nothing wrong with asking for proof especially in discussion forum. We cant go around debating misnformation

Its not a silly question, the burden of proof lies with the person who makes the claim.Like I told him there have been tappings before and the FA has yet to handout a transfer ban
    So you reckon we made a hugely humiliating public apology in order to avoid some kind of fine?

Also what do you mean the FA are yet to hand out a transfer ban? The FA have banned us from signing youth players for tapping one up. That's a thing that is currently on us right now!
    Last edited by -Chris-; 12-10-17 at 07:20.

GivinItBifters is offline Academy prospect
    That link from the OP is just a Sky advert for the match on Saturday, nothing more. There's nothing about a new bid. We already know they want him. The BBC's gossip thread are saying the same and they're even giving a price-tag of 98 million. It's all just BS

Quote Originally Posted by GivinItBifters View Post
    That link from the OP is just a Sky advert for the match on Saturday, nothing more. There's nothing about a new bid. We already know they want him. The BBC's gossip thread are saying the same and they're even giving a price-tag of 98 million. It's all just BS
    98 million !!!!
    Ha Ha Ha Ha, for his left leg maybe

I doubt there is anything on this, probably just a little trick to divert attention.

Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    So you reckon we made a hugely humiliating public apology in order to avoid some kind of fine?

Also what do you mean the FA are yet to hand out a transfer ban? The FA have banned us from signing youth players for tapping one up. That's a thing that is currently on us right now!
    Yes, there is fair chance this is what happened, and as for what they would do next time, well, you would expect it would be a heavier sanction.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Hmmm, so is this them giving us another "very last chance to accept their offer"

Reminds of this girl I fancied when I was 16, I must have asked her out at least 4 times a week for a year and she said no every time... what a sad **** I was
    dont look back in anger.

Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by SectionOneOneSeven View Post
    I'd rather we didn't act like Barca when it comes to unsettling players.
    Yeah. We can get in trouble for it much more than Barca can. Just look at the Dempsey and Fulham situation.

I wouldn't want us to do it anyway.

I don't mind links and speculation, but it's funny how many of these articles have popped up just before a game with United.

BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    What about....

Accept £120m cash up front for Coutinho. Then offer Sanchez a 4 year £400k pw deal (£83m) and Arsenal £40m for him. Total cost £123m

Surely Sanchez would be tempted to come here on £400k pw?

Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    What about....

Accept £120m cash up front for Coutinho. Then offer Sanchez a 4 year £400k pw deal (£83m) and Arsenal £40m for him. Total cost £123m

I wouldnt want Sanchez, he's a whiney little rat who throws his arms up moaning and whinging on the pitch if things don;t go his way, Phil doesn;t do that and also we're not selling 3 months on makes no difference.

I wish someone would just drop a massive bomb of **** on Barca
    dont look back in anger.

What about....

Wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Mersey Dudek View Post
    Yeah. We can get in trouble for it much more than Barca can. Just look at the Dempsey and Fulham situation.

I wouldn't want us to do it anyway.
    I don't think we have any issue with them to be honest or that there is anything to report, they haven't even met the player so what is there to get outraged about?

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    I wouldnt want Sanchez, he's a whiney little rat who throws his arms up moaning and whinging on the pitch if things don;t go his way, Phil doesn;t do that and also we're not selling 3 months on makes no difference.

I wish someone would just drop a massive bomb of **** on Barca
    Sanchez would be an excellent addition and a big upgrade on Firmino, if we don't want to play with a number 9 then he is probably one of the best possible options.
    The issue is Arsenal won't sell now and he will not come later.
    Also, it would be good to see where we finish this season before the current management is allowed spend more money and enter in further expensive commitments.

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    Sanchez would be an excellent addition and a big upgrade on Firmino, if we don't want to play with a number 9 then he is probably one of the best possible options.
    The issue is Arsenal won't sell now and he will not come later.
    Also, it would be good to see where we finish this season before the current management is allowed spend more money and enter in further expensive commitments.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...-arsene-wenger

I think Sanchez will go to who ever pays him the most, he's 28 and probably only got 4 good years left. If we offered him c.£400k pw then I think that would make him think about us no matter who else is in. The problem is would City match it?

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-arsene-wenger

I think Sanchez will go to who ever pays him the most, he's 28 and probably only got 4 good years left. If we offered him c.£400k pw then I think that would make him think about us no matter who else is in. The problem is would City match it?
    We are not going to offer him that money, so that's out of the question. I don't think is just a matter of money, Arsenal could offer him as much as we could or more and he wouldln't sign. Also, it is worth remembering that he also rejected the option to come here.

And what exactly are we going to do?
    1. Not bid.
    2. Identity no alternatives.
    3. Bemoan the fact we're crap at the back but insist we have the best players available in world football.

He isn't gonna be sold in January anyway. So we fight all summer to keep him them accept he is gonna be sold in the first couple of weeks in January?

I don't think so.
    YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by gegenpressing View Post
    he isn't gonna be sold in january anyway. So we fight all summer to keep him them accept he is gonna be sold in the first couple of weeks in january?

I don't think so.
    correctamundo
    dont look back in anger.

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    correctamundo
    I'm 90% sure of that. I'm also pretty sure he'll leave in the summer though.
    YNWA

GivinItBifters is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Gegenpressing View Post
    He isn't gonna be sold in January anyway. So we fight all summer to keep him them accept he is gonna be sold in the first couple of weeks in January?

I don't think so.
    Nail on head!

Yes and to maintain a good relationship with the selling club ,they're not going to sell a player to a club they just reported for investigation. What I do know is we were not "almost banned" as you claimed and its the first time I'm hearing about it

There is a huge difference between youth level and professional level and the latter was what I talking about

Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    If it could potentially land the player who cares about another clubs feelings?!
    Our bad reputation on the transfer market is probably one of the main reasons why we can't land our targets easily. If you noticed, Barca haven't been doing brilliantly in transfers for a while either.

Yes and to maintain a good relationship with the selling club ,they're not going to sell a player to a club they just reported for investigation. What I do know is we were not "almost banned" as you claimed and its the first time I'm hearing about it

There is a huge difference between youth level and professional level and the latter was what I talking about
    So they've banned us from signing youth players for tapping up. What do you reckon they would then do 6 months later for tapping up a senior player. "Oh don't worry about it, here's a fine"

Quote Originally Posted by GruntB4 View Post
    Iím not saying that theyíre breaking any rules, but surely, if the unsettling of players that are clearly not for sale is frowned upon by footballs governing bodies, then Barca should at least be told to dial it down. The most surprising thing thing in all of this, to me is that we donít seem to be doing anything as a club to deter them from constantly talking about our player in the press.
    Thoughts?http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...celona-planned
    Couldn't agree more. This seems a lot worse than having a phone call with Van Dijk!

So they've banned us from signing youth players for tapping up. What do you reckon they would then do 6 months later for tapping up a senior player. "Oh don't worry about it, here's a fine"
    Yes.

We were not almost banned lets get that silly idea out of the way. A fine was the most likely outcome

We are not going to offer him that money, so that's out of the question. I don't think is just a matter of money, Arsenal could offer him as much as we could or more and he wouldln't sign. Also, it is worth remembering that he also rejected the option to come here.
    But thats the point, to compete we NEED to be offering that kind of money, and we HAVE that kind of money if we sold Phil so I dont get why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gegenpressing View Post

I don't think so.
    If our season is over by Christmas then there is a chance he'll be sold.