Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Barca are surely pushing the envelope.

Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    If our season is over by Christmas then there is a chance he'll be sold.
    FA cup doesn't start until January.
    YNWA
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Southampton didn't threaten to report us for TAPPING UP.

They threatened to report us because we embarrassed them by briefing our club journalists that Van Dijk wanted to join us.

It's not comparable to Coutinho/Barca. Every single big club taps players up.

The worst thing Barca have done is timed these stories to come out before we have big matches. And they are ***** for doing that. But it's nothing illegal

Also, I can't see us being out of the race for top 4 by Christmas. We were never gonna be fighting for the title this season.
    YNWA

BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post

They threatened to report us because we embarrassed them by briefing our club journalists that Van Dijk wanted to join us.

The worst thing Barca have done is timed these stories to come out before we have big matches. And they are ***** for doing that. But it's nothing illegal
    No, they were fuming VVD flew to Blackpool to meet Klopp without the clubs knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Gegenpressing View Post
    You really think Coutinho is bothered about the FA Cup? he wants the league and the CL.

You really think Coutinho is bothered about the FA Cup? he wants the league and the CL.
    But we were never gonna win the league this season. How can our season be over by Christmas? If he moves in January he won't be able to play for anyone else in the cl.
    YNWA

The Fa cup is a bit of an irrelevance in this story but otherwise is unlikely we would be completely out of the race for the top 4 by December, and most likely we would go through to the next stage of the CL. As for the league, of course we would be out, we were never in to start with.

Defo-skitso is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    The two things are not mutually exclusive.

It's also the exact same thing we did do with Van dijk. It almost got us a transfer ban.
    It didn't. We are the only club ever in world football to apologise for talking to a player we haven't bid on.

But we were never gonna win the league this season. How can our season be over by Christmas? If he moves in January he won't be able to play for anyone else in the cl.
    He could probably live with that but is not his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    The Fa cup is a bit of an irrelevance in this story but otherwise is unlikely we would be completely out of the race for the top 4 by December, and most likely we would go through to the next stage of the CL. As for the league, of course we would be out, we were never in to start with.
    But Bear is saying our season could be over by Christmas. Of course it won't be.
    YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    Trophies and getting top players.... Oh wait I guess I have to go with class because surely winning at all costs is not at the top of our clubs list
    Exactly. I'm done with us bring nice all the time. Oh sorry I spoke your player. Oh we have class. Ffs

Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post

I doubt they actually know we are playing UTD on Sunday, I would be amazed if anyone there knows that.

Also I think Coutinho wants to win the CL more with Barca than us, its most south Americans dream to play for Barca or Madrid and the offer doesn't come around for most so when it does they all jump at the chance. We finished 2nd and lost Suarez to Barca, that says it all.

Also I think Coutinho wants to win the CL more with Barca than us, its most south Americans dream to play for Barca or Madrid and the offer doesn't come around for most so when it does they all jump at the chance. We finished 2nd and lost Suarez to Barca, that says it all.
    I wouldn't disagree, but our season won't be over by Christmas.
    YNWA

I doubt they actually know we are playing UTD on Sunday, I would be amazed if anyone there knows that.
    I know Barca are playing Aleti, so im sure someone actually in the game over there knows we are playing Utd.

I wouldn't disagree, but our season won't be over by Christmas.
    In Phils eyes it might be. If he wanted to fight for 4th every season he'd be playing for Arsenal.

In Phils eyes it might be. If he wanted to fight for 4th every season he'd be playing for Arsenal.
    It's not his decision to make.
    YNWA

It's not his decision to make.
    Never said it was?

Never said it was?
    So why are you bringing up his opinion?
    YNWA

I personally can't see Barca paying £120m+ for a player who can't play for them in the cl, even more so if it looks like they would win the league this season, regardless.
    YNWA

LFC v MUFC is the most watched league game in the world, including Madrid v Barca, so I'm pretty sure a lot of people in Spain, and especially a club trying to destabilize an LFC player knows about that game on Sat.

So why are you bringing up his opinion?
    Becase he's a human and not a robot, he has feeling and emotions. He wont stay happy for long here if we are crap and Barca want him.

You really talk some crap sometimes, Alon.

Do tell me: do posters on here - LIVERPOOL supporters, let me remind you - know about El Clasico? Hell, a lot of posters on here know about Malaga vs Leganes, let alone the big clubs. I can guarantee there are 100's millions of football fans from a myriad of countries who know all about the El Clasico .. just the same as the 100's of millions of them who know all about LFC vs United, and that includes the average Spanish football fan. And you reckon no-one from Barcelona FC know that Liverpool are playing United?

A lot of the time I think - actually, I'm pretty sure - your posts are designed to just get a reaction from people, because that somehow does it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by spikop View Post
    LFC v MUFC is the most watched league game in the world, including Madrid v Barca, so I'm pretty sure a lot of people in Spain, and especially a club trying to destabilize an LFC player knows about that game on Sat.
    I reckon less than 1% of the Spanish population knows Liverpool will play UTD on Saturday, and I am including the British residents in Spain. That figure in Barcelona must be close to nil at this point and time, bigger things happening there at the moment.

Why do you guys think them doing this now will hamper us against united. If anything Phil will know the world is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    You really talk some crap sometimes, Alon.

Do tell me: do posters on here - LIVERPOOL supporters, let me remind you - know about El Clasico? Hell, a lot of posters on here know about Malaga vs Leganes, let alone the big clubs. I can guarantee there are 100's millions of football fans from a myriad of countries who know all about the El Clasico .. just the same as the 100's of millions of them who know all about LFC vs United, and that includes the average Spanish football fan. And you reckon no-one from Barcelona FC know that Liverpool are playing United?

A lot of the time I think - actually, I'm pretty sure - your posts are designed to just get a reaction from people, because that somehow does it for you.
    These are the two biggest newspapers in Barcelona
    http://www.lavanguardia.com

http://www.elperiodico.com/es/

Let me know when you find any news related to UTD or Liverpool, just a hint the bearded guy is the King.
    The average Spanish football do not follow the Pl, I know you would have reached a different conclusion from all these years living in Spain and talking with Spanish people but that's my experience.

I reckon less than 1% of the Spanish population knows Liverpool will play UTD on Saturday, and I am including the British residents in Spain. That figure in Barcelona must be close to nil at this point and time, bigger things happening there at the moment.
    What an absolute pile of £&#@

Yes they have political stuff going on, we’ve had riots here and much more but people haven’t just ‘forgotten’ other stuff is happening.
    Not really sure why you claim to be an LFC fan when all you do is **** everything off, Sky are reporting today that Saturdays game is expected to be the BIGGEST world wide tv audience of any club game in HISTORY. Last time we played them over 700 MILLION people watched it.

I’m sure a couple in Spain will tune in too.

These are the two biggest newspapers in Barcelona
    http://www.lavanguardia.com

http://www.elperiodico.com/es/

Let me know when you find any news related to UTD or Liverpool, just a hint the bearded guy is the King.
    The average Spanish football do not follow the Pl, I know you would have reached a different conclusion from all these years living in Spain and talking with Spanish people but that's my experience.
    Glad to see how honest you are about the Spanish people and their sad lack of interest in the world around them, especially when it comes to world football .. Also, good to see you acknowledging just how vastly superior the English - not to mention the rest of the world - football fans knowledge of football is compared to their Spanish counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Glad to see how honest you are about the Spanish people and their sad lack of interest in the world around them, especially when it comes to world football .. Also, good to see you acknowledging just how vastly superior the English - not to mention the rest of the world - football fans knowledge of football is compared to their Spanish counterparts.
    Watching a football game is demonstrating knowledge about the rest of the world? Jesus Christ

By the way you couldn't possibly had time to browse the links I sent you, that really shows your lack interest in things happening in the world, I guess.

I have found a couple of articles in Mundo Deportivo: http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20171012/431989792573/xavier-bosch-barca.html

About Coutinho, at no point there is any mentioning about Saturday's game.
    Last edited by Alon1; 12-10-17 at 16:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post
    What an absolute pile of £&#@

Yes they have political stuff going on, we’ve had riots here and much more but people haven’t just ‘forgotten’ other stuff is happening.
    Not really sure why you claim to be an LFC fan when all you do is **** everything off, Sky are reporting today that Saturdays game is expected to be the BIGGEST world wide tv audience of any club game in HISTORY. Last time we played them over 700 MILLION people watched it.

I’m sure a couple in Spain will tune in too.
    1 pct of the Spanish population is nearly 500,000 people, do you think there would be more than that watching it? Well, I will come back to you on this once the official numbers are out.