Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Benjamin Woodburn

Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    for most players, in the heat of the moment, time speeds up and decisions become harder - and for some impossible

For the likes of icle Mikey, and Woodo, time actually slows down.
    That is why they always seem to have time on the ball, can make the right decision, and are capable of greatness

How Benjamin is not in this team over Can, Widg, hendo - or any other of them, is a massive puzzler
    I tend to agree, but with young players, it must be difficult for managers to put them in that position.

If your job is on the line, do you go with Woodburn against United or Wijnaldum/Can?

The latter two are obviously tried and tested internationals etc. they are basically pants but Klopp knows what he's getting.

It's easy for us to sit here and make the decision and put Woodburn in. To be fair, I'd do it even if my job was in the line, I'm certain of this in fact. It would only be a matter of maybe us not knowing other important details that Klopp sees day to day with Woodburn, which may affect his thinking. We don't know everything, of course. A lot of us really seem to know a lot more about our first eleven that big Jurgen at the moment though. I don't trust his decision making at the moment.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

No reason why both him and Ox can't play in the absence of Mane.

Ox on the wing and Woodburn with Can and Phil in the middle. Or at least be first sub if not in the 11.

LovelyCushionedHeader is offline Academy prospect
    The utter nausea from the Wales game is kind of subsiding a little bit, so I can talk about it. Woodburn lifted us so much when he came on he was the focal point for a while that everyone was looking to, to make something happen.

I think the Mane injury may open the door for him a little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCushionedHeader View Post
    The utter nausea from the Wales game is kind of subsiding a little bit, so I can talk about it. Woodburn lifted us so much when he came on he was the focal point for a while that everyone was looking to, to make something happen.

I think the Mane injury may open the door for him a little bit more.
    But it didnít when Mane was suspended and Coutinho wasnít fully back then either. I hope youíre right as the impact heís made with Wales was noticeable as you said.

Should be on the bench at least tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    I tend to agree, but with young players, it must be difficult for managers to put them in that position.

If your job is on the line, do you go with Woodburn against United or Wijnaldum/Can?

The latter two are obviously tried and tested internationals etc. they are basically pants but Klopp knows what he's getting.

It's easy for us to sit here and make the decision and put Woodburn in. To be fair, I'd do it even if my job was in the line, I'm certain of this in fact. It would only be a matter of maybe us not knowing other important details that Klopp sees day to day with Woodburn, which may affect his thinking. We don't know everything, of course. A lot of us really seem to know a lot more about our first eleven that big Jurgen at the moment though. I don't trust his decision making at the moment.
    Klopp appears to defy all conventional wisdom except when it comes to Woodie

It's not like the current plan is working either