Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Benjamin Woodburn

1. #1 Jordon Ibe Benjamin Woodburn 
    With Mane out, and our generally **** start to the season would you like to see Woodburn brought into the fold more? Nothing the fans love more than a young player coming in and doing well and he looks like he has the talent. Could see him forming part of that front 3 or even playing as CM infront of the dreadful Wijnaldum.

Just think it's worth developing this lad over playing some of the trash that won't be here for too long.

PS: I had a dream last night that Markovic scored for us at Stamford Bridge, make of that what you will.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

I'd like to see him involved more deffo. People say the pressure's too much but we should strike while the iron's hot, while he's got something about him. Playing matches with class like Coutinho etc can only be good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    I'd like to see him involved more deffo. People say the pressure's too much but we should strike while the iron's hot, while he's got something about him. Playing matches with class like Coutinho etc can only be good for him.
    Agree, would like to see him play with the good ones before the others drag him down.

I'm all for shoving him straight in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs He..eghhhh View Post
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    Yeah there is a couple of youngsters I want to see more of. I think Grujic/Ejaria would provide more than Wijnaldum and Solanke should start getting starts.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Simon-95 View Post
    Yeah there is a couple of youngsters I want to see more of. I think Grujic/Ejaria would provide more than Wijnaldum and Solanke should start getting starts.
    I can't understand why Ejaria is not seeing more bench time with the first team.

He's not getting better where he is. If it wasn't the plan to promote him slowly, then a loan might have been a better idea.

I can't understand why Ejaria is not seeing more bench time with the first team.

He's not getting better where he is. If it wasn't the plan to promote him slowly, then a loan might have been a better idea.
    Ejaria, Wilson and Woodburn are quite clearly above the level of U23's. It is evident every time I watch an U23's match.

I know, if Ejaria played say 5 games and asked for the ball once and made one forward pass he'd be doing more than Gini and Henderson right now.

Just because he may not be old enough to appreciate women's football, is it a good enough reason to chuck him in at the deep end?

Quote Originally Posted by Batteries View Post
    Ejaria, Wilson and Woodburn are quite clearly above the level of U23's. It is evident every time I watch an U23's match.
    Sad times when LFC fans start pining their hopes on youngsters. Even worse when the club has to start relying on kids... what happened to all of those windows eh?

Yes, Manure did it back in the day... but they brought kids into a side already well versed in winning and they had to compete with great players to even get a game.

Ejaria has to compete with the likes of Henderson... wonderful. Wilson and Woodburn wouldn't even get a look in without major injuries. Great for the confidence that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe-El View Post
    Sad times when LFC fans start pining their hopes on youngsters. Even worse when the club has to start relying on kids... what happened to all of those windows eh?

Yes, Manure did it back in the day... but they brought kids into a side already well versed in winning and they had to compete with great players to even get a game.

Ejaria has to compete with the likes of Henderson... wonderful. Wilson and Woodburn wouldn't even get a look in without major injuries. Great for the confidence that.
    I agree that it is so disappointing for us to be thinking about throwing a youngster in because our team isn't doing it, but sometimes it can prove a blessing. Look at Kane coming in after Soldado's struggles.

With Mane out, and our generally **** start to the season would you like to see Woodburn brought into the fold more? Nothing the fans love more than a young player coming in and doing well and he looks like he has the talent. Could see him forming part of that front 3 or even playing as CM infront of the dreadful Wijnaldum.

Just think it's worth developing this lad over playing some of the trash that won't be here for too long.

PS: I had a dream last night that Markovic scored for us at Stamford Bridge, make of that what you will.
    I had a dream that King Kenny came out of retirement for the United game at Anfield, he took Milly's number 7 shirt, they had a proper handbags and then Milly gave the king the shirt and said he wouldn't play for us anymore... all the lads were chanting "f off Milly, f off Milly, fxxx off Milly....." I felt bad for him but I was so glad the king was back..... then I woke up busting for a pish. I was raging that I woke up before I got to see the match.
    There is a chance it's going to be a recurring dream but im not holding out much hope.

Quote Originally Posted by 77red96 View Post
    I had a dream that King Kenny came out of retirement for the United game at Anfield, he took Milly's number 7 shirt, they had a proper handbags and then Milly gave the king the shirt and said he wouldn't play for us anymore... all the lads were chanting "f off Milly, f off Milly, fxxx off Milly....." I felt bad for him but I was so glad the king was back..... then I woke up busting for a pish. I was raging that I woke up before I got to see the match.
    There is a chance it's going to be a recurring dream but im not holding out much hope.
    Haha, sounds good that, bet you were glad to wake up and realise our number 7 was in fact, still James Milner.

LivapewlDivas is online now Academy prospect
    No.

Yes. Hes ready. Hell make mistakes but no more than our seasoned pros make. He had bags of talent and probably more drive and ambition than a fair few of our matchday squad. Get him in.

Quote Originally Posted by GruntB4 View Post
    Yes. He’s ready. He’ll make mistakes but no more than our seasoned pros make. He had bags of talent and probably more drive and ambition than a fair few of our matchday squad. Get him in.
    Even in the Wales game, he tried to take the game by the scruff on the neck, played some decent balls in and was always on the look out for the ball.

At least start with Ox to justify spending what we did on him and put Ben on the bench. I would be happy to push Couts out wide and play Ben in behind. He could easily swap along the front 3 at times. I spoke about this being his role last season and he actually will give us a great goal threat. People will also say replace Wijn since he has been asked to make runs into box and take up more attacking positions, which hasnt worked out but that maybe too much of a gamble as Wijn does seem to step up in big games

He hasn’t seen much bench time since Ox arrived, which was exactly my fear when we signed Chamberlain. Would be nice to see him in the picture, he has showed real quality when playing for Wales. Definately worth having him on the bench and should Ox not show up he would be decent option.

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    He needs to be given a chance to properly breakthrough into the first team.
    ?

Why not? Give the kid a chance,only positives can come from it. We'd get to see if he's up to it or not,wouldn't mind seeing him & Wilson get their go at it.

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Swooper View Post
    Why not? Give the kid a chance,only positives can come from it. We'd get to see if he's up to it or not,wouldn't mind seeing him & Wilson get their go at it.
    Its harder for youth to breakthrough these days but he needs to be given a chance if his something special he need to play.
    ?

He seems to have something about him. I'm not sure he should be starting against United or Spurs especially when the team is struggling, but a place on the bench as a wildcard option doesn't seem like a bad idea.

It would however look pretty bad for Chamberlain if he's outranked by a teenager even when Mane and Lallana are injured.

I can't see Klopp playing Woodburn in front of Chamberland anytime soon, sure he's a very good prospect but let's keep it in perspective he's a young kid that may or may not make it and that's about it, I wouldn't be playing him against the scum or Spurs at this stage of his development, maybe a 15 minute cameo or two when we're winning a game to boost his confidence but that's about it, he has a long way to go yet IMO.

Woodburn is fearless, which is an excellent quality. I would play him more often, but not start him against United or Tottenham. He seems to be getting physically stronger and more aware of when to pass and when to shoot. Next season he could be one of the starting eleven in most games.

Quote Originally Posted by 77red96 View Post
    Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by GruntB4 View Post
    Yes. He’s ready. He’ll make mistakes but no more than our seasoned pros make. He had bags of talent and probably more drive and ambition than a fair few of our matchday squad. Get him in.
    He's got more about him than Ox. I still can't get my head around why we bought him. Must be the miraculous qualities of JK's coaching unlocking latent talent .

Id give him a go definitely. Either in Manes place while injured or in place of Wjinaldum. Think he can play both positions

kas74 is online now First team regular
    Stick him in goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Toredo View Post
    Woodburn is fearless, which is an excellent quality. I would play him more often, but not start him against United or Tottenham. He seems to be getting physically stronger and more aware of when to pass and when to shoot. Next season he could be one of the starting eleven in most games.
    for most players, in the heat of the moment, time speeds up and decisions become harder - and for some impossible

For the likes of icle Mikey, and Woodo, time actually slows down.
    That is why they always seem to have time on the ball, can make the right decision, and are capable of greatness

How Benjamin is not in this team over Can, Widg, hendo - or any other of them, is a massive puzzler