Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 70

Thread: Benjamin Woodburn

  1. #1 Jordon Ibe Benjamin Woodburn 
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,283
    With Mane out, and our generally **** start to the season would you like to see Woodburn brought into the fold more? Nothing the fans love more than a young player coming in and doing well and he looks like he has the talent. Could see him forming part of that front 3 or even playing as CM infront of the dreadful Wijnaldum.

    Just think it's worth developing this lad over playing some of the trash that won't be here for too long.

    PS: I had a dream last night that Markovic scored for us at Stamford Bridge, make of that what you will.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2  
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    912
    I'd like to see him involved more deffo. People say the pressure's too much but we should strike while the iron's hot, while he's got something about him. Playing matches with class like Coutinho etc can only be good for him.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #3  
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    I'd like to see him involved more deffo. People say the pressure's too much but we should strike while the iron's hot, while he's got something about him. Playing matches with class like Coutinho etc can only be good for him.
    Agree, would like to see him play with the good ones before the others drag him down.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #4  
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    26,072
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #5  
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    27,607
    I'm all for shoving him straight in.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #6  
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs He..eghhhh View Post
    What?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #7  
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    I'm all for shoving him straight in.
    Yeah there is a couple of youngsters I want to see more of. I think Grujic/Ejaria would provide more than Wijnaldum and Solanke should start getting starts.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #8  
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    27,607
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Simon-95 View Post
    Yeah there is a couple of youngsters I want to see more of. I think Grujic/Ejaria would provide more than Wijnaldum and Solanke should start getting starts.
    I can't understand why Ejaria is not seeing more bench time with the first team.

    He's not getting better where he is. If it wasn't the plan to promote him slowly, then a loan might have been a better idea.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #9  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    I can't understand why Ejaria is not seeing more bench time with the first team.

    He's not getting better where he is. If it wasn't the plan to promote him slowly, then a loan might have been a better idea.
    Ejaria, Wilson and Woodburn are quite clearly above the level of U23's. It is evident every time I watch an U23's match.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #10  
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    I can't understand why Ejaria is not seeing more bench time with the first team.

    He's not getting better where he is. If it wasn't the plan to promote him slowly, then a loan might have been a better idea.
    I know, if Ejaria played say 5 games and asked for the ball once and made one forward pass he'd be doing more than Gini and Henderson right now.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #11  
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    I'm all for shoving him straight in.
    Just because he may not be old enough to appreciate women's football, is it a good enough reason to chuck him in at the deep end?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #12  
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    8,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Batteries View Post
    Ejaria, Wilson and Woodburn are quite clearly above the level of U23's. It is evident every time I watch an U23's match.
    Sad times when LFC fans start pining their hopes on youngsters. Even worse when the club has to start relying on kids... what happened to all of those windows eh?

    Yes, Manure did it back in the day... but they brought kids into a side already well versed in winning and they had to compete with great players to even get a game.

    Ejaria has to compete with the likes of Henderson... wonderful. Wilson and Woodburn wouldn't even get a look in without major injuries. Great for the confidence that.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #13  
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe-El View Post
    Sad times when LFC fans start pining their hopes on youngsters. Even worse when the club has to start relying on kids... what happened to all of those windows eh?

    Yes, Manure did it back in the day... but they brought kids into a side already well versed in winning and they had to compete with great players to even get a game.

    Ejaria has to compete with the likes of Henderson... wonderful. Wilson and Woodburn wouldn't even get a look in without major injuries. Great for the confidence that.
    I agree that it is so disappointing for us to be thinking about throwing a youngster in because our team isn't doing it, but sometimes it can prove a blessing. Look at Kane coming in after Soldado's struggles.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #14  
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Simon-95 View Post
    With Mane out, and our generally **** start to the season would you like to see Woodburn brought into the fold more? Nothing the fans love more than a young player coming in and doing well and he looks like he has the talent. Could see him forming part of that front 3 or even playing as CM infront of the dreadful Wijnaldum.

    Just think it's worth developing this lad over playing some of the trash that won't be here for too long.

    PS: I had a dream last night that Markovic scored for us at Stamford Bridge, make of that what you will.
    I had a dream that King Kenny came out of retirement for the United game at Anfield, he took Milly's number 7 shirt, they had a proper handbags and then Milly gave the king the shirt and said he wouldn't play for us anymore... all the lads were chanting "f off Milly, f off Milly, fxxx off Milly....." I felt bad for him but I was so glad the king was back..... then I woke up busting for a pish. I was raging that I woke up before I got to see the match.
    There is a chance it's going to be a recurring dream but im not holding out much hope.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #15  
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,283
    Quote Originally Posted by 77red96 View Post
    I had a dream that King Kenny came out of retirement for the United game at Anfield, he took Milly's number 7 shirt, they had a proper handbags and then Milly gave the king the shirt and said he wouldn't play for us anymore... all the lads were chanting "f off Milly, f off Milly, fxxx off Milly....." I felt bad for him but I was so glad the king was back..... then I woke up busting for a pish. I was raging that I woke up before I got to see the match.
    There is a chance it's going to be a recurring dream but im not holding out much hope.
    Haha, sounds good that, bet you were glad to wake up and realise our number 7 was in fact, still James Milner.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #16  
    LivapewlDivas is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    10,104
    No.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #17  
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    495
    Yes. Hes ready. Hell make mistakes but no more than our seasoned pros make. He had bags of talent and probably more drive and ambition than a fair few of our matchday squad. Get him in.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #18  
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    33,491
    Quote Originally Posted by GruntB4 View Post
    Yes. He’s ready. He’ll make mistakes but no more than our seasoned pros make. He had bags of talent and probably more drive and ambition than a fair few of our matchday squad. Get him in.
    Even in the Wales game, he tried to take the game by the scruff on the neck, played some decent balls in and was always on the look out for the ball.

    At least start with Ox to justify spending what we did on him and put Ben on the bench. I would be happy to push Couts out wide and play Ben in behind. He could easily swap along the front 3 at times. I spoke about this being his role last season and he actually will give us a great goal threat. People will also say replace Wijn since he has been asked to make runs into box and take up more attacking positions, which hasnt worked out but that maybe too much of a gamble as Wijn does seem to step up in big games
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #19  
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Simon-95 View Post
    With Mane out, and our generally **** start to the season would you like to see Woodburn brought into the fold more? Nothing the fans love more than a young player coming in and doing well and he looks like he has the talent. Could see him forming part of that front 3 or even playing as CM infront of the dreadful Wijnaldum.

    Just think it's worth developing this lad over playing some of the trash that won't be here for too long.

    PS: I had a dream last night that Markovic scored for us at Stamford Bridge, make of that what you will.
    He hasn’t seen much bench time since Ox arrived, which was exactly my fear when we signed Chamberlain. Would be nice to see him in the picture, he has showed real quality when playing for Wales. Definately worth having him on the bench and should Ox not show up he would be decent option.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #20  
    TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    36,640
    He needs to be given a chance to properly breakthrough into the first team.
    ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #21  
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    933
    Why not? Give the kid a chance,only positives can come from it. We'd get to see if he's up to it or not,wouldn't mind seeing him & Wilson get their go at it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #22  
    TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    36,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Swooper View Post
    Why not? Give the kid a chance,only positives can come from it. We'd get to see if he's up to it or not,wouldn't mind seeing him & Wilson get their go at it.
    Its harder for youth to breakthrough these days but he needs to be given a chance if his something special he need to play.
    ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #23  
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,642
    He seems to have something about him. I'm not sure he should be starting against United or Spurs especially when the team is struggling, but a place on the bench as a wildcard option doesn't seem like a bad idea.

    It would however look pretty bad for Chamberlain if he's outranked by a teenager even when Mane and Lallana are injured.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #24  
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    9,877
    I can't see Klopp playing Woodburn in front of Chamberland anytime soon, sure he's a very good prospect but let's keep it in perspective he's a young kid that may or may not make it and that's about it, I wouldn't be playing him against the scum or Spurs at this stage of his development, maybe a 15 minute cameo or two when we're winning a game to boost his confidence but that's about it, he has a long way to go yet IMO.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #25  
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,056
    Woodburn is fearless, which is an excellent quality. I would play him more often, but not start him against United or Tottenham. He seems to be getting physically stronger and more aware of when to pass and when to shoot. Next season he could be one of the starting eleven in most games.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #26  
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,279
    Quote Originally Posted by 77red96 View Post
    I had a dream that King Kenny came out of retirement for the United game at Anfield, he took Milly's number 7 shirt, they had a proper handbags and then Milly gave the king the shirt and said he wouldn't play for us anymore... all the lads were chanting "f off Milly, f off Milly, fxxx off Milly....." I felt bad for him but I was so glad the king was back..... then I woke up busting for a pish. I was raging that I woke up before I got to see the match.
    There is a chance it's going to be a recurring dream but im not holding out much hope.
    Hahahaha
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #27  
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by GruntB4 View Post
    Yes. He’s ready. He’ll make mistakes but no more than our seasoned pros make. He had bags of talent and probably more drive and ambition than a fair few of our matchday squad. Get him in.
    He's got more about him than Ox. I still can't get my head around why we bought him. Must be the miraculous qualities of JK's coaching unlocking latent talent .
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #28  
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,076
    Id give him a go definitely. Either in Manes place while injured or in place of Wjinaldum. Think he can play both positions
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #29  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37,959
    Stick him in goal.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #30  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Toredo View Post
    Woodburn is fearless, which is an excellent quality. I would play him more often, but not start him against United or Tottenham. He seems to be getting physically stronger and more aware of when to pass and when to shoot. Next season he could be one of the starting eleven in most games.
    for most players, in the heat of the moment, time speeds up and decisions become harder - and for some impossible

    For the likes of icle Mikey, and Woodo, time actually slows down.
    That is why they always seem to have time on the ball, can make the right decision, and are capable of greatness

    How Benjamin is not in this team over Can, Widg, hendo - or any other of them, is a massive puzzler
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •