Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Benjamin Woodburn

Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    for most players, in the heat of the moment, time speeds up and decisions become harder - and for some impossible

For the likes of icle Mikey, and Woodo, time actually slows down.
    That is why they always seem to have time on the ball, can make the right decision, and are capable of greatness

How Benjamin is not in this team over Can, Widg, hendo - or any other of them, is a massive puzzler
    I tend to agree, but with young players, it must be difficult for managers to put them in that position.

If your job is on the line, do you go with Woodburn against United or Wijnaldum/Can?

The latter two are obviously tried and tested internationals etc. they are basically pants but Klopp knows what he's getting.

It's easy for us to sit here and make the decision and put Woodburn in. To be fair, I'd do it even if my job was in the line, I'm certain of this in fact. It would only be a matter of maybe us not knowing other important details that Klopp sees day to day with Woodburn, which may affect his thinking. We don't know everything, of course. A lot of us really seem to know a lot more about our first eleven that big Jurgen at the moment though. I don't trust his decision making at the moment.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

No reason why both him and Ox can't play in the absence of Mane.

Ox on the wing and Woodburn with Can and Phil in the middle. Or at least be first sub if not in the 11.

LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    The utter nausea from the Wales game is kind of subsiding a little bit, so I can talk about it. Woodburn lifted us so much when he came on he was the focal point for a while that everyone was looking to, to make something happen.

I think the Mane injury may open the door for him a little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCushionedHeader View Post
    The utter nausea from the Wales game is kind of subsiding a little bit, so I can talk about it. Woodburn lifted us so much when he came on he was the focal point for a while that everyone was looking to, to make something happen.

But it didn’t when Mane was suspended and Coutinho wasn’t fully back then either. I hope you’re right as the impact he’s made with Wales was noticeable as you said.

Should be on the bench at least tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    I tend to agree, but with young players, it must be difficult for managers to put them in that position.

If your job is on the line, do you go with Woodburn against United or Wijnaldum/Can?

The latter two are obviously tried and tested internationals etc. they are basically pants but Klopp knows what he's getting.

It's easy for us to sit here and make the decision and put Woodburn in. To be fair, I'd do it even if my job was in the line, I'm certain of this in fact. It would only be a matter of maybe us not knowing other important details that Klopp sees day to day with Woodburn, which may affect his thinking. We don't know everything, of course. A lot of us really seem to know a lot more about our first eleven that big Jurgen at the moment though. I don't trust his decision making at the moment.
    Klopp appears to defy all conventional wisdom except when it comes to Woodie

It's not like the current plan is working either

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Ben Woodburn signs new long-term Liverpool FC deal
    Ben Woodburn has today committed his long-term future to Liverpool Football Club by signing a new contract.

The 18-year-old penned the deal at Melwood on Wednesday afternoon after agreeing fresh terms with the Reds.

It’s the latest milestone in a remarkable last 12 months for Woodburn, during which he made his senior debut for Liverpool, became the club’s youngest ever scorer, was named the Academy Player of the Year for 2016-17 and also notched a goal for Wales on his senior bow in a World Cup qualifier.

Woodburn told Liverpoolfc.com: “It’s an unbelievable feeling to sign a new contract with Liverpool.

“This is the club I want to stay at and be here as long as possible. When I was told, all I wanted to do was sign the contract.

“It feels good. Now I just want to carry on and hopefully show the manager what I can do.”

Part of demonstrating what he’s capable of is improving his skill set by working hard at Melwood and enhancing his already considerable talents.

Woodburn added: “I think there is loads of room for improvement. I’ve just got to keep working and trying in training every day and hopefully I will improve.

“Defending and maybe getting a few more goals [are what I want to improve]. Just trying to come in with the first team and play like a first-team player.

“But I think I’ve grown as a player and matured physically and technically, and grown in confidence.

“For the rest of this season, my aim is just to carry on, try to play as many games for the U19s and first team. Hopefully I will get some more appearances for the first team and progress in the U19s Champions League.”

Not seen much to suggest he'll make it, but fair play.

happy day for Benjamin and all our fan base,

happy that he has committed his future to our club, congrats to him,

he's actually the best home grown talent coming through the ranks since Stevie G times,

I'm over the moon for his contract extension,

I really hope he can step up the pathway of the various Owen, Fowler, Macca, Stevie, Carra and so on,

dream doesn't cost anything and I think this is faith well placed in a youngster just turning 18 years of age,

as I said before, happy days for our fanbase and Academy,

let's hope to give our first team a boost with these Academy successes, now that Kloppo's bunch of lads are passing by a very difficult moment and a period of slump,

C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!

RedInferno74 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Ben Woodburn signs new long-term Liverpool FC deal
    Excellent news

JurgenBelieveUs is online now Academy prospect
    Congrats lad. Bright future and good head on his shoulders.

I'm not trying to be mean or my normal ******* self. But he is the most overhyped youngster ever. I'm only saying this because by this stage Gerrard, Owen, Fowler, Mcmanaman were all in the first team showing they are right up there.

What has been done so far to justify the hype. I think he will come good but the hype suggests an amazing star that I'm not convinced about.

kas74 is online now First team regular
    Congratulations wee Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCushionedHeader View Post

He really was the only composed threat Wales had in that playoff game, for such a young lad he was positive, creative and surprisingly did not flinch with the physical stuff either, he deserves a shot even though he did look a little bit off the pace when he got a chance earlier this season, I would like to see how he does with him slotted in with a strong forward line rather than the weakened teams he has started with for the cup etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Defo-skitso View Post
    I'm not trying to be mean or my normal ******* self. But he is the most overhyped youngster ever. I'm only saying this because by this stage Gerrard, Owen, Fowler, Mcmanaman were all in the first team showing they are right up there.

What has been done so far to justify the hype. I think he will come good but the hype suggests an amazing star that I'm not convinced about.
    I'm inclined to agree with you but in my opinion it can't hurt to throw him in the deep end now and see what he is made of... He certainly can't be worse than some of the drivel we put out there week after week... Just give him a long running go and see what comes of it

I think he'll be a decent player, but can't see him ever leading the line here.

Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    I think he'll be a decent player, but can't see him ever leading the line here.
    If he does make it here, it may well be in midfield but I can't see him being a forward for us either.

LivapewlDivas is online now Academy prospect
    Shame we won't see him in the first team squad at all this season....so it seems.

Might feature once or twice in FA cup depending how far we get and that's about it,

He needs to be shoved right in there.

He's as sharp as a tack. His work rate and his decision making are already great.

I don't know what we're waiting for.

Should be starting ahead of players who aren't extending their contracts. *Cough* Emre *Cough*

I'm not trying to be mean or my normal ******* self. But he is the most overhyped youngster ever. I'm only saying this because by this stage Gerrard, Owen, Fowler, Mcmanaman were all in the first team showing they are right up there. What has been done so far to justify the hype. I think he will come good but the hype suggests an amazing star that I'm not convinced about.
    The difference being that all of those were given regular and sustained runs to prove they were right up there.

Woodburn, and other promising youngsters these days, are given little cameos every now and then...how can they prove that they are up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Groanfield View Post
    Should be starting ahead of players who aren't extending their contracts. *Cough* Emre *Cough*
    I've had all I can take from him.

I don't even care about the contract palaver.

He needs rooting out

Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    He needs rooting out
    It's the "Who can take his place?" and "He has a high ceiling" arguments that get me.

Long term number six, hahaha!

You're the one who came up with the Coutas name aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    You're the one who came up with the Coutas name aren't you?
    No, it wasn't me.

I came up with the spineflu comment though.

I wasn't that bothered about all of that.

No, it wasn't me.

I came up with the spineflu comment though.

I wasn't that bothered about all of that.
    Ok I keep confusing you with fistofrage

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    Ok I keep confusing you with fistofrage
    He's a cool poster though.

Funny guy and makes very valid points on here.

He's a cool poster though.

Funny guy and makes very valid points on here.
    yeah you two always provide me with laughs . though I found the whole Coutas thing unfunny

Great youngster, think he'll be a great player for us