Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Benjamin Woodburn

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Ben Woodburn signs new long-term Liverpool FC deal
    Brilliant news. Just saw your post.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    yeah you two always provide me with laughs . though I found the whole Coutas thing unfunny
    It was Coudas actually.

I was funny though. It was all flippant stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Simon-95 View Post
    Great youngster, think he'll be a great player for us
    He will be great. I don't often big up our young players. But this guy is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    He will be great. I don't often big up our young players. But this guy is good.
    Agree, really like what I've seen, strong and confident on the ball, good shot on him and intelligent

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Simon-95 View Post
    Agree, really like what I've seen, strong and confident on the ball, good shot on him and intelligent
    Yeah. His pace isn't all that. But he seems to have that acceleration to get into position.

His game intelligence is totally there. There is hope.

Yeah. His pace isn't all that. But he seems to have that acceleration to get into position.

the talent is there, but I think he should still grow physically in terms of pace and power,

and only heavy gym and training ground work could give him those attributes to turn him in a World Class attacking midfielder,

He should be getting more of a chance with the first team considering our poor midfield play.

He's also technically at times exceptional, can do it with both feet and I'm amazed some of our so called knowledgeable fans miss these things (there were a few suggesting he has little to offer already)

If I remember correctly, he smashed in a really good goal in pre-season on his left from outside the area, then if you think of his goal for Wales recently, a smashed shot on his right with him moving the ball quickly out of his feet. This sort of technique and ability on either foot does not grow on trees

Even Owen at a young age took a lot of time to be able to make better use of his weaker side and lacked in his hold up play, Woodburn is one of those who can make a little time for himself and use either foot when the need arises.

Bright future on his current trajectory

He is quite humble but determined, as indicated in his interview with LFCTV after signing his new contract. He has gotten stronger and is harder to knock off the ball. Woodburn should get some playing time in the FA Cup matches later this season. Until then, I do not see him playing a lot for the first team unless there are injuries to the first team that require him to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Toredo View Post
    He is quite humble but determined, as indicated in his interview with LFCTV after signing his new contract. He has gotten stronger and is harder to knock off the ball. Woodburn should get some playing time in the FA Cup matches later this season. Until then, I do not see him playing a lot for the first team unless there are injuries to the first team that require him to play.
    agree, in my opinion one year in advance on Rhian Brewster,

Ben would already deserve some appearances in FA Cup, 'cause of his football maturity and awareness,

unlike Rhian Brewster which as far as I'm concerned still needs to complete his growth this season with our U23 side,

after all Ben is one year older than Rhian, which will have time next season to come to the fore and debut with our first team,

of course, if he won't be loaned out to make some senior experience for a spell at a temporary club,

cheers,