Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Harvey Weinstein

Quote Originally Posted by +Shriekback+ View Post
    That's not the cause of it.
    That doesn't matter. Listen, in an earlier comment, you stated that you would be surprised if Charlie Sheen was guilty, given his 'Catholic upbringing'.

I'd suggest that plenty of murderers, rapists and child molesters have been raised Catholic. It'd be extremely naive of you to believe that everybody in your faith is 'whiter than white', so to speak.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    That doesn't matter. Listen, in an earlier comment, you stated that you would be surprised if Charlie Sheen was guilty, given his 'Catholic upbringing'.

I'd suggest that plenty of murderers, rapists and child molesters have been raised Catholic. It'd be extremely naive of you to believe that everybody in your faith is 'whiter than white', so to speak.
    All I was saying is he had a good father and mother growing up, a happy childhood, usually people turned in something nasty because of what was inflicted in their childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by +Shriekback+ View Post
    All I was saying is he had a good father and mother growing up, a happy childhood, usually people turned in something nasty because of what was inflicted in their childhood.
    We don't know if it was a strict catholic environment he grew up in. His mother is described as strict southern baptist.
    Last edited by Anubis; 11-11-17 at 17:38.

Ambitious people,especially women,have used sex to get their own way since time began.
    It's called being human

Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    Ambitious people,especially women,have used sex to get their own way since time began.
    It's called being human
    It would be equality if men could spread legs to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    It would be equality if men could spread legs to the top.
    They can. It happens

They can. It happens
    Are you speaking from personal experience?

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    It's called being human
    That's a completely different thing...people are free to have sex with any willing partner they want.

The issue being discussed is about people being forced into sexual activity...and being to scared to report it, because the offender has power and influence over them.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Are you speaking from personal experience?
    No but it happens. Women bosses often sleep with men at work and reward them

No but it happens. Women bosses often sleep with men at work and reward them
    Are they good at golf?

It's called being human
    Stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortigen View Post
    Stupid.
    So why is the oldest profession......prostitution?

So why is the oldest profession......prostitution?
    You do know it's from literature?

Stupid.
    Very.

Often offensive too.

lfcstlouis is offline Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    right wing people smashing coffee makers because the company that makes them pulled their ads from a show where the host defended a pedophile.

Also, there was a poll over the weekend, where it said 19% of voters in Alabama would be MORE LIKELY to vote for Moore after the pedophile allegations came out.

Like, you were on the fence about voting for a bigot who was kicked off the state supreme court twice for breaking federal laws, but now that you know he dated a bunch of kids, you're like 'Hell ya this is the man I want to represent me and my state at the federal level!'

Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    right wing people smashing coffee makers because the company that makes them pulled their ads from a show where the host defended a pedophile.
    Also, there was a poll over the weekend, where it said 19% of voters in Alabama would be MORE LIKELY to vote for Moore after the pedophile allegations came out.

Like, you were on the fence about voting for a bigot who was kicked off the state supreme court twice for breaking federal laws, but now that you know he dated a bunch of kids, you're like 'Hell ya this is the man I want to represent me and my state at the federal level!'
    Wow, too many people letting their predilections run wild. I honestly don't know how far I would go to show my displeasure, but I'm sure I wouldn't break something I owned because the maker pulled some advertising, just plain stupidity!

That second quote is concerning to say the least. I wonder if this is the hardcore Trump support in action again?
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Let's get some TV manufacturers to pull their ads...

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Wow, too many people letting their predilections run wild. I honestly don't know how far I would go to show my displeasure, but I'm sure I wouldn't break something I owned because the maker pulled some advertising, just plain stupidity!

That second quote is concerning to say the least. I wonder if this is the hardcore Trump support in action again?
    Let's get some TV manufacturers to pull their ads...
    Think of all those idiots waking up today, Monday, and realizing their mistakes....

Freedom toast all over again.

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Keurig??

In fairness what is his opponent like? A Sith lord, he was the one who put baby in the corner, from north of the Mason Dixon line, hates NASCAR...

I see that three women have come forward accusing Jesse Lacey (Brand New) of grooming them when they were minors.

It wouldn't surprise me if there were a lot more similar cases to this one in the music industry. So many young, teenage girls idolise bands/singers and they will have been taken advantage of for sure.

Think of all those idiots waking up today, Monday, and realizing their mistakes....
    They probably didn't like the coffee makers anyway and it allowed them to vent whilst getting rid of an unwanted birthday gift.

I saw one of the vids and it was hilarious, they made a big show of smashing the appliance but it could have been a 5 year old doing it they were that ineffective. And they were wearing socks with flip-flops which is an automatic fail in my book. If you are making a show of breaking an item at least use a sledgehammer or chainsaw ftw.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Kevin Spacey: 20 people come forward with Old Vic theatre misconduct allegations

Twenty people have detailed "disturbing" complaints of inappropriate behaviour on the part of Kevin Spacey during his time at London's Old Vic, the Evening Standard has reported.

When allegations were first made against Spacey in Hollywood, the theatre said it had not received any complaints, but there are now thought to be 20 allegations "either of a sexual nature or made the correspondent feel uncomfortable."

"Those affected felt unable to raise concerns and that Kevin Spacey operated without sufficient accountability," The Old Vic said in a statement.

Matthew Warchus, the theatre’s current artistic director, offered “genuine and deep sympathy” to “all those who have come forward”.

"Everyone is entitled to work in an environment free from harassment and intimidation," he said. "The Old Vic is now actively engaged in the process of healing and the process of prevention.

"These allegations have been a shock and a disturbing surprise to many of us. It is incorrect, unfair and irresponsible to say that everybody knew."

Spacey acted at the Old Vic for decades and served as artistic director from 2004-15, being widely credited with turning things around for the theatre.

16 staff were among the accusers and the incidents they allege span between 1995 and 2013.

The Old Vic add: "No legal claims, formal grievances, formal disputes, settlement agreements or payments made or authorised were made at all in relation to Kevin Spacey during his tenure.

"It has also not been possible to verify any of these allegations, and it is important to note that Kevin Spacey has not commented on them. The review cannot therefore make any findings of fact about the alleged misconduct."

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a8058241.html

Also, as stated a few posts back, a lot of musicians are now being accused of grooming minors. There are new accusations nearly every day and the victims have proof, too.

It seems that these artists/bands like to meet underage girls at their shows, get them backstage and then build up a relationship with them online. The victims will send nude pictures to the accused and watch them master-bate over Skype.

There have also been accusations of serious sexual assault, too. Sean Carlson, the founder of FYF Festival sounds like an absolute creep:

https://www.spin.com/featured/fyf-fe...t-allegations/

As bad as Heathcliff Berru:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...athcliff-berru

Al Franken.

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Al Franken.
    As a senator or SNL time??

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    As a senator or SNL time??
    2006, on a USO tour. Grouped and kissed during a skit rehearsal. Haven't read too much.

I wonder what the constant stream of these sexual misconduct reports is doing to the public psyche. How soon before this is no longer newsworthy? And what effect will the loss of news coverage have on future victims’ decisions to go public with their allegations?