Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Harvey Weinstein

Quote Originally Posted by paul143 View Post
    So those who are advocating for the death sentence for any crime that includes paedo or child are you content for the government to repeal/amend the human rights act so that it would be legal.

This is due to the following

Article 3 of the European convention on human rights, now part of our law by virtue of the Human Rights Act, which states: "No one shall be subjected to torture or inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment."

Dante i either I had the same hallucination or it was real.
    I think that if you undertake an act of sexual abuse on a baby/child then you are not behaving like a human and therefore forfeit any 'human rights' that you may have previously had.

I do accept the spirit of your statement in that can the application of such be arbitrary. I accept a level of hypocrisy may be apparent in my thinking on this matter. I could live with that.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    Why would you not judge an adult that sexually abuses a child...they should be judged.

Those who don't act, that is surely the ideal?

There are people out there who have filmed themselves and others raping babies. Once caught that should be the end of these people.
    I better check my post as I was actually saying the opposite. I have no problem judging those that have acted and they deserve and should expect punishment. My point was I cannot help judging those that have not acted but have the desire, and who have acknowledged their thoughts are wrong. And I don't know if I am being too harsh on them because many were victims too and have NOT acted.

So those who are advocating for the death sentence for any crime that includes paedo or child are you content for the government to repeal/amend the human rights act so that it would be legal.

Article 3 of the European convention on human rights, now part of our law by virtue of the Human Rights Act, which states: "No one shall be subjected to torture or inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment."
    Good post paul. Europe seems to be a safe haven for these scumbags.

Human rights will be abolished anyway.
    Last edited by Jannno; 13-10-17 at 17:19.

So everyone knows. My position is that they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law if they have been convicted of a crime. However, if prior to any relevant crime committed then individuals should be allowed to seek treatment for a condition that they know is wrong.

I am also content that one guilty person goes free due to a lack of evidence - instead of one innocent person being convicted all be it reluctantly. Especially as the state is required to protect them even from "Ordinary Decent Criminals" like thieves/murderers.

Rho - I do appreciate that through Introspection you are aware that your viewpoint has a level of hypocrisy due to does the policy have to absolute or based on Circumstances.

Anubis I envisage that the Bill of Rights will be along similar lines to the Human Rights Act. However, there may be slight alterations due to cases like Abu Qatada where at least 4 Home Secretaries were frustrated in deporting a person to a state due to not only the evidence gained was suspect ( the US Legal System refers to it as fruit from the poisonous tree) until Theresa May managed to complete the extradition to Jordan based on he was not to have an "enhanced interrogation" nor any evidence that points to him that was learnt through this method of interrogation was to be used in his trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Human rights will be abolished anyway.
    A la Running Man
    Last edited by Jannno; 13-10-17 at 17:19. Reason: quote edited

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    I better check my post as I was actually saying the opposite. I have no problem judging those that have acted and they deserve and should expect punishment. My point was I cannot help judging those that have not acted but have the desire, and who have acknowledged their thoughts are wrong. And I don't know if I am being too harsh on them because many were victims too and have NOT acted.
    Apologies if I misread DS.

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    A la Running Man
    The reality show from running man mixed with the colosseum of ancient rome.

On a serious note, many of them end up in hell in jail.
    Btw i think we maybe have seen the same or similar documentary. Made me think its the same with when violence breed violence.
    A child to a violent parent end up as violent grown up him/her self

lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    The phony self righteous libs coming home to roost.

lol this ******* guy.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    I've not really followed this much but how many women is it ?

I believe others have been "paid off" allegedly, I did see on the news one report that he offered a legally binding secret sex contract with one actress in return for a glittering career.

Sounds pretty bad
    dont look back in anger.

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    I've not really followed this much but how many women is it ?

I believe others have been "paid off" allegedly, I did see on the news one report that he offered a legally binding secret sex contract with one actress in return for a glittering career.

Sounds pretty bad
    30+ so far. Myleene Klass was asked to sign a contract to stop her talking and believes he prevented her career from growing.

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    You said Jolie and Paltrow should have done more, that you expected more from them. These are victims of abuse. No victim of this should be criticised for not speaking out, not "doing more" to stop it. My point was very simple. I didn't pretend anything, and nor did I construe your comments to mean anything other than exactly what you have said. You named specific people who have personal, direct and explicit experience of this subject with this man. I offered the view that it is both unfair and unjustified to level any criticism at these people subjected to and affected by abuse from this man for not speaking out sooner or trying to stop it.
    When I lived in Germany I was unfortunate enough to be the victim of an assault right in front of the house I was living in. A man three times my size seized hold of me, started to beat me and attempted to subject me to abuses I'd rather not mention but from which I was thankfully saved by the kindness of passers by who helped me get away.

A kind stranger gave me a lift in her car and drove me around until I calmed down. I was traumatised, my mind was spinning, my first thought was to call home and tell them what had happened but that I was alright. The last thing on my mind was telling the authorities. That's not how trauma works. You don't respond logically. You behave irrationally because you've been subject to an experience you can't make sense of.

I collected myself and after a day I went and spoke to the Munich police, who scolded me for not coming in earlier and told me that even a kindergartner would have called in as soon as it had happened. And then when it came to explain the nature of the attack, I found it very hard to actually express myself because I was deeply embarrassed and ashamed. In other words, I was embarrassed because of something that someone else did and that wasn't my fault. Irrational, but I couldn't help it. You're never going to be.

That's why rhetoric about having the resources to speak out is nonsense. You can have billions in the bank, but that can't override your basic response to trauma. And I don't want to speak for other people's experiences as such, but people like Jolie who have come forward with their experiences are - and this is easy to forget - only human. No amount of wealth or fame is going to change your most visceral reactions to your most traumatic experiences. It's just not how it works.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    When I lived in Germany I was unfortunate enough to be the victim of an assault right in front of the house I was living in. A man three times my size seized hold of me, started to beat me and attempted to subject me to abuses I'd rather not mention but from which I was thankfully saved by the kindness of passers by who helped me get away.

A kind stranger gave me a lift in her car and drove me around until I calmed down. I was traumatised, my mind was spinning, my first thought was to call home and tell them what had happened but that I was alright. The last thing on my mind was telling the authorities. That's not how trauma works. You don't respond logically. You behave irrationally because you've been subject to an experience you can't make sense of.

I collected myself and after a day I went and spoke to the Munich police, who scolded me for not coming in earlier and told me that even a kindergartner would have called in as soon as it had happened. And then when it came to explain the nature of the attack, I found it very hard to actually express myself because I was deeply embarrassed and ashamed. In other words, I was embarrassed because of something that someone else did and that wasn't my fault. Irrational, but I couldn't help it. You're never going to be.

That's why rhetoric about having the resources to speak out is nonsense. You can have billions in the bank, but that can't override your basic response to trauma. And I don't want to speak for other people's experiences as such, but people like Jolie who have come forward with their experiences are - and this is easy to forget - only human. No amount of wealth or fame is going to change your most visceral reactions to your most traumatic experiences. It's just not how it works.
    Much much respect for sharing that MAPs, much respect indeed, and a good post thereafter
    dont look back in anger.

smokintony is offline Boot Room insider

In a society were we kill innocent people by refusing to supply medication or hospital treatment I see no problem in killing the most vile people in society, that said I truly believe neither should be killed, but right now if one group has to be we've gotten things the wrong way around

Quote Originally Posted by smokintony View Post
    In a society were we kill innocent people by refusing to supply medication or hospital treatment I see no problem in killing the most vile people in society, that said I truly believe neither should be killed, but right now if one group has to be we've gotten things the wrong way around
    I think those are separate issues if you are referring to cases like withdrawing/withholding treatment when the prognosis is terminal in the short-term and no hope of a cure.

There should also be a balance between quantity and quality of life.
    Last edited by paul143; 15-10-17 at 16:05.

Just watched Colin Firth’s oscar winning acceptance speech, thanking Harvey Weinstein. Don’t tell me no-one knew about him. Hollywood were quick to give themselves a pat on the back after “Spotlight”. Hollywood needs to take a long hard look at itself.

Quote Originally Posted by vonStauffenberg View Post
    Just watched Colin Firth’s oscar winning acceptance speech, thanking Harvey Weinstein. Don’t tell me no-one knew about him. Hollywood were quick to give themselves a pat on the back after “Spotlight”. Hollywood needs to take a long hard look at itself.
    Society in general needs to take a long hard look at itself when it comes to sexual abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    Society in general needs to take a long hard look at itself when it comes to sexual abuse.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    In what way? Is sexual abuse commonplace? As a man of 45 years of age, I’ve never known anyone that’s experienced it.

In what way? Is sexual abuse commonplace? As a man of 45 years of age, I’ve never known anyone that’s experienced it.
    Horrendously so.

Particularly against children.

If you are on twitter try #CSA

Horrendously so.

Particularly against children.

If you are on twitter try #CSA
    Well here’s the thing, I worked for Merseyside Police for over 20 years. 14 of them as a detention officer. You know, in the cells dealing with the dregs of society. Child abuse or sexual abuse against women wasn’t a common occurrence. Violence against women was, good enough the sentences got harsher. Men were forced to go to court even if the women withdrew their complaint.

Boys must be taught at an early age that any kind of harassment is taboo. This includes both that directed to females and bullying in general. When I was young, I was bullied. Fortunately, I was able to fight back and establish that it was dangerous to attack me. However, I was relatively strong and agile. Not all targets of bullying, though, can simply fight back, whether physically or verbally. A cultural change is needed that will help young males see young females not just as potential sexual partners, but as ordinary mates. Those males who bully women, probably never had female friends.

Well here’s the thing, I worked for Merseyside Police for over 20 years. 14 of them as a detention officer. You know, in the cells dealing with the dregs of society. Child abuse or sexual abuse against women wasn’t a common occurrence. Violence against women was, good enough the sentences got harsher. Men were forced to go to court even if the women withdrew their complaint.
    You will no doubt be aware then that the police come under fairly heavy criticism for not handling CSA cases very well?

Plenty of information out there on it, fairly hard to ignore...unless for some reason you choose to ignore it I suppose.

https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-...-sexual-abuse/

https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-...ts-statistics/

You will no doubt be aware then that the police come under fairly heavy criticism for not handling CSA cases very well?

Plenty of information out there on it, fairly hard to ignore...unless for some reason you choose to ignore it I suppose.

https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-...-sexual-abuse/

So the police are to blame for everything? Get real.

Haven’t a clue what you on about. You’re ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post

Very sorry to hear about your experiences, mate.

May as well close the thread, this nails it in a nutshell.

No, just for any failures specific to them (like say Hillsborough?)...you don't seem very well informed.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7438186.html

No, just for any failures specific to them (like say Hillsborough?)...you don't seem very well informed.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7438186.html
    I’m more we’ll informed than you. How often have you entered a cell smeared in ****? How often has someone wanted to **** all over you? You know the score, you’re boss. You know what you are talking about.

I’m more we’ll informed than you. How often have you entered a cell smeared in ****? How often has someone wanted to **** all over you? You know the score, you’re boss. You know what you are talking about.
    So that makes you more well informed about CSA countrywide?

Being stuck in a cell?

OK.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/lif...se-in-britain/

Being so well informed and, as I understand it, having a disabled child you will no doubt be well aware of this...

Disabled children are over 3 times more likely to be abused than non-disabled children

Last edited by GrottonRed; 16-10-17 at 16:37. Reason: insults