Notices
Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: UEFA Nations League

  1. #1 Default UEFA Nations League 
    herbeer is online now Knows who has the Ranfurly Shield
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    1,417
    Someone had to ask. What do we think?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2  
    Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    122,487
    It's too complicated and too uninteresting, that I still have no idea what it is.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #3  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    88,839
    It hurts my head
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #4  
    TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    It's too complicated and too uninteresting, that I still have no idea what it is.
    This. Looks like a mess.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #5  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    27,232
    You have like three mini leagues, the top 3 of each mini league must play when the fiery ball hangs high in the sky, evening matches can only be played if a pig has been slain for lunch three days prior.

    Once the 86 teams involved are reduced to 42, they than have to enter a dance off on the 14th of every third month until only 18 remain

    The final 18 will fight to the death to win sponsors, such as Asphalt Me, Insure me Swine and everyone's favourite 'Stomachs....You can Trust Us' fluid.

    BP will win the actual tournament though and sell it to PSG, who have already bought the World Cup for 2026 and have just been proclaimed future winners despite club status


    I have no ****** idea
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #6  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37,863
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    You have like three mini leagues, the top 3 of each mini league must play when the fiery ball hangs high in the sky, evening matches can only be played if a pig has been slain for lunch three days prior.

    Once the 86 teams involved are reduced to 42, they than have to enter a dance off on the 14th of every third month until only 18 remain

    The final 18 will fight to the death to win sponsors, such as Asphalt Me, Insure me Swine and everyone's favourite 'Stomachs....You can Trust Us' fluid.

    BP will win the actual tournament though and sell it to PSG, who have already bought the World Cup for 2026 and have just been proclaimed future winners despite club status


    I have no ****** idea
    I understood the dance off bit.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #7  
    LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19,662
    I like it, theoretically most European fixtures will be more even balanced and you won't have 90 minutes of ITV telling you than the Liechtenstein defender whose pocketed Sterling for 86 minutes is a traffic warden Monday - Friday.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #8  
    TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,533
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    You have like three mini leagues, the top 3 of each mini league must play when the fiery ball hangs high in the sky, evening matches can only be played if a pig has been slain for lunch three days prior.

    Once the 86 teams involved are reduced to 42, they than have to enter a dance off on the 14th of every third month until only 18 remain

    The final 18 will fight to the death to win sponsors, such as Asphalt Me, Insure me Swine and everyone's favourite 'Stomachs....You can Trust Us' fluid.

    BP will win the actual tournament though and sell it to PSG, who have already bought the World Cup for 2026 and have just been proclaimed future winners despite club status


    I have no ****** idea
    So what you're saying is, they play till the big fiery ball in the sky stops screaming, otherwise they have to find a new universe with a blood dome, after which they narrow down the competition to see who can get schwifty?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #9  
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,277
    Woodrow Wilson would be a proud man right now.

    I wonder if the genius at UEFA also wrote this idea up on a cigarette packet too?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #10  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    27,232
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    So what you're saying is, they play till the big fiery ball in the sky stops screaming, otherwise they have to find a new universe with a blood dome, after which they narrow down the competition to see who can get schwifty?


    That's exactly it Morty!



    Disclaimer: I am not claiming to be Rick
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #11  
    TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,533
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post


    That's exactly it Morty!



    Disclaimer: I am not claiming to be Rick


    It doesn't feel so squanchy right now. There's also going to be an opportunity for a lot of **** teams to get into the Euro's too.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #12  
    LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19,662
    Main issue was the original league of nations didn't really utilise Rusev properly and pushed Sheamus and Del Rio as the main lads, just to be fed to Roman Reigns, which is inherently wrong with WWE booking for the past few years.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #13  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    27,232
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post


    It doesn't feel so squanchy right now. There's also going to be an opportunity for a lot of **** teams to get into the Euro's too.
    The standard will drop big squanch with those lesser teams.

    Too many teams too many squanches.

    Well that's what I always squanch anyway
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #14  
    herbeer is online now Knows who has the Ranfurly Shield
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    1,417
    OK I gave it away, I quite like it.

    Such a crazy idea and so un-FIFA or UEFA but ultimately adding an element of competition always works. Not for every country, not for every game but currently friendlies are 100% meaningless.

    You watch, as it develops, there’ll be a flicker of interest at a few different levels. Certainly the winner of league D qualifying for the euros will be like a cup final. Watch if and when England are in a relegation game.

    Looking forward to it
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #15  
    Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,836
    I still don't really understand it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #16  
    Euro-77-78-81-84-05 is offline Ask him if the match is on TV
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    42,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Mersey Dudek View Post
    I still don't really understand it.
    If England do well, the pundits and commentators say it should have happened years ago and England would have won every World Cup possible.

    If England do crap, the pundits and commentators will say it's a ridiculous tournament and pointless and the foreign players are killing the English game, even though half the pundits signed more foreign then English when managers if it wasn't for the foreigners coming to the league, the pundits would be on less wages then they are and wouldn't have earned half as much as a player as they did.
    YNWA
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •