Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Geeking Out Thread

lfcstlouis is offline Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    It was a fantastic experience watching it for the first time in the Cinema.
    It's called a theater.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by blaze31 View Post
    I'm a trekkie
    booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yes it definitely was my fav for a ton of reasons. The same way they did Rogue One, they need to do a separate Old Republic movie. Totally different characters, maybe a Sith Empire movie. If done right, it could be epic.
    That and a Yuuzhan Vong one please.

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dookar View Post
    That and a Yuuzhan Vong one please.
    Yuuzhan Vong would be nice as well. Beings who aren't affected by the force. If they really wanted to go into overkill mode maybe tie in Abeloth.

Like the Old Sith when they controlled the Republic or before the rule of two.
    Iain McDiarmid is been on record that he would love to reprise his rule as the emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by paul143 View Post
    Iain McDiarmid is been on record that he would love to reprise his rule as the emperor.
    I'm actually happy with no more Palpatine. We've had a good bit of him through both trilogies. I'd love to see Vitiate as the antagonist if they went the Old Republic route. Maybe even a movie on the Hundred Year Darkness. There are just so many options.

It was a fantastic experience watching it for the first time in the Cinema.
    Like we've said before, the only thing missing was the crawl. It bothers me more and more each time I watch it.

As I understand it, they initially had a crawl but then Lucasfilm got a bit precious over it. Then came up with some crap reasoning that because it wasnt part of the skywalker story.

They definitely wanted to make sure this was an entirely separate project, presumably being super protective of the "Episodes", and tried to keep some distance from it in case it didnt work out.

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Like we've said before, the only thing missing was the crawl. It bothers me more and more each time I watch it.

As I understand it, they initially had a crawl but then Lucasfilm got a bit precious over it. Then came up with some crap reasoning that because it wasnt part of the skywalker story.

They definitely wanted to make sure this was an entirely separate project, presumably being super protective of the "Episodes", and tried to keep some distance from it in case it didnt work out.
    I actually appreciate the fact that they didn't have the crawl. By not having it, I was totally in the dark about the overall plot and even the timeline of the events, so when the end came it really filled me with happiness to see that it directly lead to the events of ANH.

Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    It's called a theater.
    In English, it's a theatre.

But I still call it 'the pictures.'

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    In English, it's a theatre.

But I still call it 'the pictures.'
    Ah the Saturday Morning shin dig

300+ kids watching the kids club stuff - The Double Deckers - The Banana Splits and Black Beauty and a Famous Five movie

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Ah the Saturday Morning shin dig

300+ kids watching the kids club stuff - The Double Deckers - The Banana Splits and Black Beauty and a Famous Five movie
    The Wally Vale Picture House! Failing that, The Palace (an unworthy name, if ever there was)… last resort was The Atlas.

The staff must've hated Saturday mornings!

The Wally Vale Picture House! Failing that, The Palace (an unworthy name, if ever there was)… last resort was The Atlas.

The staff must've hated Saturday mornings!
    Those were the days

Those were the days
    They were mostly fleapits, but we loved it. Our wee gang went nearly every Saturday… sometimes six or seven of us, sometimes just a couple.

About threepence/sixpence (?) to get in… and oh dear me the noise! Shouting/jeering/yelling/laughing at whatever was up on the screen… wild cheers when the film went screwy!!!!

They were mostly fleapits, but we loved it. Our wee gang went nearly every Saturday… sometimes six or seven of us, sometimes just a couple.

About threepence/sixpence (?) to get in… and oh dear me the noise! Shouting/jeering/yelling/laughing at whatever was up on the screen… wild cheers when the film went screwy!!!!
    Don't see that at all these days, too many grumpy people complaining about the slightest noise/seat bump. I went to see Despicable me and Cars earlier this year and the silence was very respectful until my two lads decided to have a little play halfway through the movie.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    Don't see that at all these days, too many grumpy people complaining about the slightest noise/seat bump. I went to see Despicable me and Cars earlier this year and the silence was very respectful until my two lads decided to have a little play halfway through the movie.
    We were just a pack of kids - no adults. A horde of mischief-makers.

Don't they have the kids' mornings any more? Maybe the 'cinemas' have become too posh, if not.

We were just a pack of kids - no adults. A horde of mischief-makers.

Don't they have the kids' mornings any more? Maybe the 'cinemas' have become too posh, if not.
    They do at my favourite local cinema (3 each ticket) but I've not been to see one yet so don't know how "wild" it is compared to back in the day.

They do at my favourite local cinema (3 each ticket) but I've not been to see one yet so don't know how "wild" it is compared to back in the day.

Just checked, that price is for kids AND adults but it starts at 10am and only a single film choice Saturday and Sunday. That cinema is lush as well.

Time has moved on from our day and the thrupenny bit

I'm not super happy that they're doing spin-off's on Han Solo and Fett. The extended star wars universe is MASSIVE and they pick characters we already know in time frames that we're also already well aware of. No doubt they'll be good movies but there's so much more they could be doing to extend the universe. The one and only 'prequel' movie I would have welcomed is the Obi Wan movie but instead they're doing the other two.

Anyways, I'm excited for the last Jedi. I didn't love TFA and I'm quite disappointed that JJ is back for the last movie of the trilogy, but I'm a fan of Rian Johnson and the echoes for the upcoming move are extremely positive so far. I'm curious to see how they'll deal with princess Leia, I hope they give her a fitting end and not recast. Also, if they touch a hair on Luke's head I will riot

The trailer was interesting and I think that Snoke was talking to Rey and not Kylo throughout. Hopefully we find out a bit more about both Rey and Snoke.

Just checked, that price is for kids AND adults but it starts at 10am and only a single film choice Saturday and Sunday. That cinema is lush as well.
    We got a heap of cartoons and a serial (maybe two)…… Flash Gordon sort of thing, or a Western. Not sure if we ever got a full-length film.

Not plush.

, Way before my time chaps.

Aye. Real money. Weighed yer kecks down (if you were lucky).

, Way before my time chaps.
    Loose sweets were a farthing each, man. Really annoyed the bloke in the sweet shop when several of us went in with bits of change, and took ten minutes deciding which ones to get.

We got a heap of cartoons and a serial (maybe two)…… Flash Gordon sort of thing, or a Western. Not sure if we ever got a full-length film.

Not plush.
    I didn't really go to the cinema as a kid, definitely more as a teen, just checked and first time I went I was 14 (late 80s). Probably phased what you are talking about well before then. Cinemas are a lot better these days and definitely not the flee pits of old (and recently). In Sheffield we have a brand new Light cinema just opened up and another 4 existing on top (if memory serves) as competition. A couple of those are more old school (old tech not well maintained).

I didn't really go to the cinema as a kid, definitely more as a teen, just checked and first time I went I was 14 (late 80s). Probably phased what you are talking about well before then. Cinemas are a lot better these days and definitely not the flee pits of old (and recently). In Sheffield we have a brand new Light cinema just opened up and another 4 existing on top (if memory serves) as competition. A couple of those are more old school (old tech not well maintained).
    Things have certainly changed for the better.

There a pic of the Walton Vale Picture House on my Flickr site. It's the second photo down, on the left. Grim. Not the most salubrious venue.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141107666@N06/

I'm actually happy with no more Palpatine. We've had a good bit of him through both trilogies. I'd love to see Vitiate as the antagonist if they went the Old Republic route. Maybe even a movie on the Hundred Year Darkness. There are just so many options.
    Other characters characters whose actors have expressed an interest in reprising their roles are Obi-wan Kenobi, Mace Windu and Owen Lars (although wouldn't this be the equivalent to Farmville after playing Call of Duty/Grand Turismo)

Temuera Morrison who was Jango, the voice of Boba and Captain Cody in the prequels stated he would like to be considered for the role as Captain Rex who is also a clone from the Rebels cartoon along with Rosario Dawson (NY based Marvel franchise) wanting to be considered for Ahsoka Tano.

Finally, Guillermo Del Toro has pitched an idea relating to Jabba.

Quote Originally Posted by paul143 View Post
    Other characters characters whose actors have expressed an interest in reprising their roles are Obi-wan Kenobi, Mace Windu and Owen Lars (although wouldn't this be the equivalent to Farmville after playing Call of Duty/Grand Turismo)

Temuera Morrison who was Jango, the voice of Boba and Captain Cody in the prequels stated he would like to be considered for the role as Captain Rex who is also a clone from the Rebels cartoon along with Rosario Dawson (NY based Marvel franchise) wanting to be considered for Ahsoka Tano.

Finally, Guillermo Del Toro has pitched an idea relating to Jabba.
    One things for sure - there are plenty more stories out there
    Whether - Vitiate - Han Solo - Maz Kanata and her Watering Hole - Boba Fett - More about Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Finn (John Boyega) from the Force Awakens Film

Shame Jyn Erso, was killed off in Rogue One - as she looked to have a character to build something on

Things have certainly changed for the better.

There a pic of the Walton Vale Picture House on my Flickr site. It's the second photo down, on the left. Grim. Not the most salubrious venue.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141107666@N06/
    It really was grim up north.

Quote Originally Posted by SliceOfLife View Post
    I'm not super happy that they're doing spin-off's on Han Solo and Fett. The extended star wars universe is MASSIVE and they pick characters we already know in time frames that we're also already well aware of. No doubt they'll be good movies but there's so much more they could be doing to extend the universe. The one and only 'prequel' movie I would have welcomed is the Obi Wan movie but instead they're doing the other two.

Anyways, I'm excited for the last Jedi. I didn't love TFA and I'm quite disappointed that JJ is back for the last movie of the trilogy, but I'm a fan of Rian Johnson and the echoes for the upcoming move are extremely positive so far. I'm curious to see how they'll deal with princess Leia, I hope they give her a fitting end and not recast. Also, if they touch a hair on Luke's head I will riot

The trailer was interesting and I think that Snoke was talking to Rey and not Kylo throughout. Hopefully we find out a bit more about both Rey and Snoke.
    You gotta figure, the average person doesn't know anything outside of star wars other than the movies, and maybe a video game. So to produce a movie of this size and clout, you can't have it be about some 3rd degree of Solo character.

I play that star wars heros game. it's a great time waster and my 6 year old loves it. He probably knows more characters at this point than I do. Although , who is snoke?