Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Geeking Out Thread

1. #1 Default Star Wars Geeking Out Thread 
    Acumen is online now First team regular
    With the Last Jedi less than two months away its time to get into a Star Wars frame of mind.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    With the Last Jedi less than two months away its time to get into a Star Wars frame of mind.
    Many views you have had... yet few are the responses.

New Han Solo film is called “Solo: A Star Wars story”.

In addition, visceral games were creating a Star Wars game and it has been delayed due to EA closing visceral. Visceral games created dead space, so a Star Wars game by them would have been amazing. They probably got shut down for not proposing enough micro transactions.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    is this the last one ever ?
    dont look back in anger.

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    sorry what i meant was the last one ever this is ?
    dont look back in anger.

No. Last Jedi, Han Solo spin off, final untitled film, Boba Fett spin off film.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by S_7 View Post
    New Han Solo film is called “Solo: A Star Wars story”.

In addition, visceral games were creating a Star Wars game and it has been delayed due to EA closing visceral. Visceral games created dead space, so a Star Wars game by them would have been amazing. They probably got shut down for not proposing enough micro transactions.
    Yeh, Dead Space was one of my favourite video game franchises ever, my dreams of a DS4 are over now, and I was looking forward to their Star Wars game, which was supposed to be a single player focused linear game - so not much opportunity for 'loot crates' and micro transactions - so they and it got canned, nice one EA.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Yeh, Dead Space was one of my favourite video game franchises ever, my dreams of a DS4 are over now, and I was looking forward to their Star Wars game, which was supposed to be a single player focused linear game - so not much opportunity for 'loot crates' and micro transactions - so they and it got canned, nice one EA.
    I remember getting dead space for Christmas, I remember at around midnight I thought, I’ll have a go of this. Turned it off after about 15 minutes cause I **** myself that much. When I eventually played it though, it was unbelievable.

Yeah seems like actual story driven games are dead. A knights of the old republic type Star Wars game would be amazing on consoles. An RPG Star Wars game is the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Many views you have had... yet few are the responses.
    Nooooo...not Yoda voice

No. Last Jedi, Han Solo spin off, final untitled film, Boba Fett spin off film.
    I'm confused tbh, I saw the one where they found Luke right at the end of the film, the first of the new old ones lol, then there was rogue one which was a spin off, so we have had 7 proper Star Wars films right ? out of what 9 ?
    dont look back in anger.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    I'm confused tbh, I saw the one where they found Luke right at the end of the film, the first of the new old ones lol, then there was rogue one which was a spin off, so we have had 7 proper Star Wars films right ? out of what 9 ?
    Yeh I assume they are making another trilogy, so 2 more 'proper' films, and probably a bunch of spin offs in between. I loved Rogue One so if they're all that standard the more spin offs the better in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    Nooooo...not Yoda voice
    As you wish…

Yeah 7 out of 9 so far.

Phantom Menace-Attack of the clones-Revenge of the sith-A new Hope-Empire strikes back-Return of the jedi-The force Awakens-The last Jedi-Untitled.

Spin offs are Rogue one, Solo: a Star Wars story, then a rumoured Boba Fett film. In terms of release dates it will be: the last Jedi-solo-untitled-Boba Fett. Each one coming out December of every year.

I remember getting dead space for Christmas, I remember at around midnight I thought, I’ll have a go of this. Turned it off after about 15 minutes cause I **** myself that much. When I eventually played it though, it was unbelievable.

Yeah seems like actual story driven games are dead. A knights of the old republic type Star Wars game would be amazing on consoles. An RPG Star Wars game is the dream.
    YES! I loved the KotOR games especially when the final one was fan patched to include the included-but-inaccessible cut content. Theres such a huge appetite for Star Wars someone is surely looking at this.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

At the moment the main star wars story -Phantom Menace to Last Jedi, Untitled - follows the story of the Skywalker Family from the early Anakin years through to Ben Solo & Rey???. As the first three was about Anakin's fall to the Dark side, the second can be seen as his redemption.

The anthology series is based in the same Universe but the Skywalkers will only be at most guest appearances/bit parts if they appear at all.

lfcstlouis is offline Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    neeeeeeeeerrrrrdddssssss

Did I really see Ron Howard holding a 'Solo' sign or was that internet trickery?

Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    Did I really see Ron Howard holding a 'Solo' sign or was that internet trickery?
    He’s directing the film.

I was a little excited about Solo but the change in director and studio interference has put me off. Much in the way Ant Man was derailed by Disney. I'm hoping they can still pull it off.

Rogue One needs to be included in the movie chronology proper. It's one of my favourite movies. It feels more and looks more like Star Wars than any other of the movies since Jedi.

He’s directing the film.
    A whole film about the red cups?

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    I was a little excited about Solo but the change in director and studio interference has put me off. Much in the way Ant Man was derailed by Disney. I'm hoping they can still pull it off.

Rogue One needs to be included in the movie chronology proper. It's one of my favourite movies. It feels more and looks more like Star Wars than any other of the movies since Jedi.
    Yes it definitely was my fav for a ton of reasons. The same way they did Rogue One, they need to do a separate Old Republic movie. Totally different characters, maybe a Sith Empire movie. If done right, it could be epic.

kickthetyres is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post

Yep, spot on. The others are fine for what they are, but watching Rogue One feels like watching the original Star Wars for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by kickthetyres View Post
    Yep, spot on. The others are fine for what they are, but watching Rogue One feels like watching the original Star Wars for the first time.
    It was a fantastic experience watching it for the first time in the Cinema.

White Star Line is online now Academy prospect
    The prequels and the alterations to the original trilogy pushed me away from the franchise. The Force Awakens brought me right back. Rogue One was OK. I'm sure the Han Solo movie will be fine. The trailer for The Last Jedi looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    The prequels and the alterations to the original trilogy pushed me away from the franchise. The Force Awakens brought me right back. Rogue One was OK. I'm sure the Han Solo movie will be fine. The trailer for The Last Jedi looks amazing.
    TFA kinda brought me back, but only on second viewing. The first time round I was let down. Rogue One just jump started my Star Wars passion again.

White Star Line is online now Academy prospect
    TFA kinda brought me back, but only on second viewing. The first time round I was let down. Rogue One just jump started my Star Wars passion again.
    It took a few viewings of TFA to shake off Lucas Fatigue Syndrome. Once that cleared up, I was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    It took a few viewings of TFA to shake off Lucas Fatigue Syndrome. Once that cleared up, I was fine.
    I'm actually not too hostile towards the prequels. I don't think they are great, but I can manage to sit through them and be fairly entertained.

Yes it definitely was my fav for a ton of reasons. The same way they did Rogue One, they need to do a separate Old Republic movie. Totally different characters, maybe a Sith Empire movie. If done right, it could be epic.
    This is the film you’re looking for.

This is the film you’re looking for.
    Like the Old Sith when they controlled the Republic or before the rule of two.

I'm a trekkie