Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Geeking Out Thread

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Only 11 days to go for Battlefront II... Every morning my son asks "How many more days, dad?" It's like the countdown to xmas at my house
    That looks epic too. Make sure that's his Christmas gift.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    That looks epic too. Make sure that's his Christmas gift.
    A month and a half before Christmas? He’d never go for that!

A month and a half before Christmas? He’d never go for that!
    You have to be firm.

You have to be firm.
    He’s 5, he always wins.

He’s 5, he always wins.
    When I was a kid my mom and dad always won. The key was they kept a consolidated front. I couldn’t sway one of them to my side.

A brand new Star Wars Trilogy separate from the Skywalker saga is set to be developed and directed by The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson.

http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-jo...c%7C1147744441

A brand new Star Wars Trilogy separate from the Skywalker saga is set to be developed and directed by The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson.

So as it is we have the last Jedi, then Solo, then nine? Would these stories be the next in line or would they slot in another one of those anthology stories after nine?

I'd really love to see Gareth Edwards tell another story but that is unlikely to happen. Other than that, Edgar Wright is another predictable shout but I doubt he'll be interested in another Disney production.

Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    So as it is we have the last Jedi, then Solo, then nine? Would these stories be the next in line or would they slot in another one of those anthology stories after nine?

I'd really love to see Gareth Edwards tell another story but that is unlikely to happen. Other than that, Edgar Wright is another predictable shout but I doubt he'll be interested in another Disney production.
    We have another spin off after 9. They have stated these will be away from Skywalker saga so they won’t fit in with existing films. Most likely be set before phantom menace and it will be 100s if not 1000 years before so they can do something completely new. The reason I say past is because if they try and start coming up with all new eras and completely new stories from the future it’s going to flop.

I’ve always wanted a story of the sith, before the rule of 2. However, Disney couldn’t pull it off. It would need to be dark, they won’t do that. I’d like to see a Star Wars story without a hero, focused on the sith being very destructive, lots of violence, bounty hunters/assassins, dark worlds, horrible rulers ancient monsters.

I fear this new trilogy will be the same with new characters. I hope I don’t see one more Death Star/Death Star planet in this current or the next trilogy again.

Quote Originally Posted by S_7 View Post
    We have another spin off after 9. They have stated these will be away from Skywalker saga so they won’t fit in with existing films. Most likely be set before phantom menace and it will be 100s if not 1000 years before so they can do something completely new. The reason I say past is because if they try and start coming up with all new eras and completely new stories from the future it’s going to flop.

I’ve always wanted a story of the sith, before the rule of 2. However, Disney couldn’t pull it off. It would need to be dark, they won’t do that. I’d like to see a Star Wars story without a hero, focused on the sith being very destructive, lots of violence, bounty hunters/assassins, dark worlds, horrible rulers ancient monsters.

I fear this new trilogy will be the same with new characters. I hope I don’t see one more Death Star/Death Star planet in this current or the next trilogy again.
    This aspect is getting a bit tiresome.

Death Star
    Death Star Planet
    Death Ring Around a Planet
    Death Moon
    Death Black Hole
    Death Void

No… wait… there's some good ideas there!

You know what happens when you get rid of s death star/death planet? Jar Jar *********** Binks

The radio did state that the new trilogy will be in a different part of the galaxy with new aliens.

If they are going to pull from the Extended Universe then potentially Yuuzhan Vong or the Chiss/Grand Admiral Thrawn. I will also like to see Karrde and Jade but given one of their story arcs I doubt one will appear in the 4th trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    You know what happens when you get rid of s death star/death planet? Jar Jar *********** Binks
    Reported for Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    This aspect is getting a bit tiresome.

Death Star
    Death Star Planet
    Death Ring Around a Planet
    Death Moon
    Death Black Hole
    Death Void

No… wait… there's some good ideas there!
    I imagine the concept of the Death Star blew people’s minds back when Star Wars first came out. A planet destroying moon shaped space station, with Vader at its helm. Even Death Star 2, yeah it’s like they destroyed it let’s have another go. But a planet? Come on just try something new. You have all this money all these creative ideas, do something new.

Quote Originally Posted by paul143 View Post
    The radio did state that the new trilogy will be in a different part of the galaxy with new aliens.

If they are going to pull from the Extended Universe then potentially Yuuzhan Vong or the Chiss/Grand Admiral Thrawn. I will also like to see Karrde and Jade but given one of their story arcs I doubt one will appear in the 4th trilogy

Reported for Trolling
    I hope you reported George Lucas too?

I imagine the concept of the Death Star blew people’s minds back when Star Wars first came out. A planet destroying moon shaped space station, with Vader at its helm. Even Death Star 2, yeah it’s like they destroyed it let’s have another go. But a planet? Come on just try something new. You have all this money all these creative ideas, do something new.
    They just blew their load too quickly with the death star, everything else will just look like a rip off or weaker in comparison.

Battlefront II out today.

EA suspending the loot crates, pay to get better system. Speculation that Disney had some direct involvement in it but I have no idea how true that is. Disney are the one company that absolutely will not allow negative press.

EA suspending the loot crates, pay to get better system. Speculation that Disney had some direct involvement in it but I have no idea how true that is. Disney are the one company that absolutely will not allow negative press.
    Everything in Battlefront II is canon. So it will be interesting to to play it and get more of what happened right after ROTJ.

Everything in Battlefront II is canon. So it will be interesting to to play it and get more of what happened right after ROTJ.
    I was interested in the single player campaign. It got some decent reviews but I'd have preferred a full story from the protagonist. It seems to be a bit of a show case for all aspects of the game though. Not quite a single player tag on but more that they wanted to include as many maps from the multiplayer as they could, so you play as both the empire and the alliance.

You'll probably get more from the tie in prequel novel than the game itself.

I was interested in the single player campaign. It got some decent reviews but I'd have preferred a full story from the protagonist. It seems to be a bit of a show case for all aspects of the game though. Not quite a single player tag on but more that they wanted to include as many maps from the multiplayer as they could, so you play as both the empire and the alliance.

You'll probably get more from the tie in prequel novel than the game itself.
    Yeah the novel should have far more details.

There’s apparently some clue to Rey’s parents in BF2. I hope it’s true, I like her ‘mum’

More content for the story mode will be released in the future, all for free. Can’t wait to get stuck in. I hope EA add lots of new content every few months or so

So we can finally rule out any forthcoming Knights of the Old Repbublic series of movies for now.

http://mashable.com/2017/12/05/star-...d-republic.amp

There’s apparently some clue to Rey’s parents in BF2. I hope it’s true, I like her ‘mum’

More content for the story mode will be released in the future, all for free. Can’t wait to get stuck in. I hope EA add lots of new content every few months or so
    Yeah I have a strong feeling now that her Mum is Iden Versio.

Quote Originally Posted by Plan-D View Post
    Yeah I have a strong feeling now that her Mum is Iden Versio.
    I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand its something no-one expected, on the other the skywalker family being central to the universe for the most part feels like they've thrown a curveball in there for the sake of it. Given that Anakin and Luke have been touted as having off the chart ability it feels like a cop-out to move from the family tree. That is unless they tie in Reys ancestry with Anakins immaculate conception and the very interesting theories surrounding that. I suppose wait and see.

So we can finally rule out any forthcoming Knights of the Old Repbublic series of movies for now.

I'm not so bothered, I expected it would form a one off (or a few) separated from the trilogies anyway given the statements that had come out before. Its made me want to re-play the games though, I wonder if they work on Windows 10?

I’m not surprised really. I do hope that whatever they do it still involves the Jedi and Force in some way. Rogue One was a great stand alone film without any Jedi being at the center of it, but I’m not sure if that could work as a stand alone trilogy.

I’m not surprised really. I do hope that whatever they do it still involves the Jedi and Force in some way. Rogue One was a great stand alone film without any Jedi being at the center of it, but I’m not sure if that could work as a stand alone trilogy.
    Definitely. SW trilogies need Jedi and dark siders (the force).

Some of the most enjoyable stories I've read had nothing at all to do with the force, the sky walkers, or the Jedi.

That's why I'm quite looking forward to the Solo movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand its something no-one expected, on the other the skywalker family being central to the universe for the most part feels like they've thrown a curveball in there for the sake of it. Given that Anakin and Luke have been touted as having off the chart ability it feels like a cop-out to move from the family tree. That is unless they tie in Reys ancestry with Anakins immaculate conception and the very interesting theories surrounding that. I suppose wait and see.

I can see what you mean but as a massive SW fan I'm just of the opinion it would be a tad cliche for Rey Skywalker. Also both Han Solo and Leia didn't recognise her in TFA, neither did Kylo or Snoke and nor Maz. I think it's been teased with intentionally to give it this big build up and reveal with Anakin and Lukes old saber calling to her etc..... but pretty sure she ain't a Skywalker and I'm glad of that.

The daughter of Iden Versio and Del Meeko would be great I think and ties in much much more as a story and plot. Both survived the battle of Jakku and had a romantic relationship which led to a child. When Kylo Ren interrogates Meeko at the end of Battlefront II he says “You think Iden changed you, but she made you a traitor. She made you weak. You think your daughter changed you....."

In terms of Reys talents, Iden Versio was probably one of greatest pilots in the SW universe, certainly one of the Empire's best if not "the" best. Meeko was also a technical and engineer expert for the Empire. B

Some of the most enjoyable stories I've read had nothing at all to do with the force, the sky walkers, or the Jedi.

That's why I'm quite looking forward to the Solo movie.
    I think they can do a single movie without the force or the Jedi playing a large part, but I think a whole trilogy will definitely feature the force in some prominent capacity, even if it isn't typically Jedi vs Sith.