Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nathaniel Clyne

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by SurreyLiverpoolFan1983 View Post
    i'd imagine most fans are watching Lallana a bit more closely for his return

certainly will help solve the conundrum of getting either Can or Widjnaldum out of the team for someone will more drive and quality going forward
    I meant Bogdan....
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

At the moment Gomez is significantly ahead of Trent (as you'd expect for someone 3 years older) and it's up to him to keep Clyne out of the team when fit.

Ideally I'd like to think Gomez could move to centre back and leave TAA and Clyne as strong options at rb, with different attributes

Some mentioned that he had played an enourmous amount of games over the last two seasons without a break, so it was difficult to judge his performances to work out how good he is.

Perhaps this mysterious injury is linked to that quota of games he played over the last two years.

the amount of times I wanted to pull every hairy part on my body out everytime the ball went from Henderson to Clyne or Henderson to Milner yet some people seem to be clamouring for that *****fest as if it was a defensive solid side

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    the amount of times I wanted to pull every hairy part on my body out everytime the ball went from Henderson to Clyne or Henderson to Milner yet some people seem to be clamouring for that *****fest as if it was a defensive solid side
    Not like you to mention Henderson in a thread where he isn't the main topic.

I thought he was the problem with our defensive woes...no its was Skrtel...Milner,lovren, Skahom Mings, Karius....

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Not like you to mention Henderson in a thread where he isn't the main topic.
    I'm evolving,they were the three players who killed any momentum and slowed the pace down

Quote Originally Posted by SerRenely View Post
    I thought he was the problem with our defensive woes...no its was Skrtel...Milner,lovren, Skahom Mings, Karius....
    A lot of goals came from his side ,this "he is solid" myth is just that a myth ,because people want to believe since he is terrible going forward he is atleast defensively solid, he is not

I'm evolving,they were the three players who killed any momentum and slowed the pace down
    Evolving? Trolling?

Close call really.

A lot of goals came from his side ,this "he is solid" myth is just that a myth ,because people want to believe since he is terrible going forward he is atleast defensively solid, he is not
    nah

Evolving? Trolling?

Close call really.
    Not really ,you just have a soft spot for Henderson and get a little hurt when he is mentioned. If trolling has become stating the truth then give me a permanent ban

Quote Originally Posted by SerRenely View Post
    nah
    Nah what? A lot of goals didnt come from players being allowed to freely cross on his side?They did

Not really ,you just have a soft spot for Henderson and get a little hurt when he is mentioned. If trolling has become stating the truth then give me a permanent ban
    Yeah, ok, soft spot.

We don't do permanent bans for trolling, we will infract if necessary though.

Back to the thread topic now, please.

Yeah, ok, soft spot.

We don't do permanent bans for trolling, we will infract if necessary though.

Back to the thread topic now, please.
    I dont appreciate you saying I'm trolling ,how did you get to that conclusion because Henderson was mentioned?

Well sorry for mentioning Henderson
    Last edited by Emaxx2; 18-10-17 at 17:51.

Milner at right back with arnold learning behind him

Quote Originally Posted by MamadouTheHump View Post
    Milner at right back with arnold learning behind him
    What's behind the right back a goalkeeper?

Whats up with him. I never heard he sustained any sort of injury and he just seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth

LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    The internet style fan has *********** ruined Clyne. He's very dependable defensively he's just not a big threat going forward. The only times his form have noticeably dipped are when the attack in front of him is makeshift or when he's played 90 minutes twice a week for ages.

Last season he had a few off key games and suddenly Twitter decided he was *****.

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCushionedHeader View Post
    The internet style fan has *********** ruined Clyne. He's very dependable defensively he's just not a big threat going forward. The only times his form have noticeably dipped are when the attack in front of him is makeshift or when he's played 90 minutes twice a week for ages.

Last season he had a few off key games and suddenly Twitter decided he was *****.
    I have no idea what this means. I don't give a flying **** what twitter thinks. At the same age, Clyne was finding his way in the championship. He's alright but not a player I think we've particularly missed. We have two kids who are already featuring in the Champions League and for a club with ambitions to compete for trophies, without looking out of place. I'd rather give them the chance to kick on.

Same bracket as Henderson, Mignolet and Lovren.

Third choice for me.

fingers crossed our physios staff will hasten his rehab and he'll get back available for first team football as soon as he can,

he's an option, particularly as the top notch decisive games will come up in the second stage of the season, who we couldn't afford to give up on,

he globally didn't perform well last season, but I'm confident he could still be the consistent right wing back we know he was a couple of seasons ago,

anyway still a useful needed option given our slight lack of quality in depth we have at the back,

Actually make that 4th choice. Milner before him too.

Completely with you that Clyne is in no way good enough to stay as our RB for the next 5 years (neither is Moreno).

That said, TAA and Gomez have both been exposed a number of times already this season (they're young, that will happen). I've found myself wishing we had Clyne in a few games already. That said, he's certainly not going to be our saviour or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCushionedHeader View Post

I'll be honest mate, I've never rated him and always thought he's gotten away with a lot more than Moreno did.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeShop View Post
    Actually make that 4th choice. Milner before him too.
    But this is a step too far. No idea why people have suddenly started advocating this.

Ignore what your opinion is of Clyne for a second. Do you think that when he returns to full fitness, he will regain his spot as first choice RB?

Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by johnamiri View Post
    Whats up with him. I never heard he sustained any sort of injury and he just seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth
    Injured in pre season. His back I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    Ignore what your opinion is of Clyne for a second. Do you think that when he returns to full fitness, he will regain his spot as first choice RB?
    Most likely....yes.

Yeah, I reckon he will.

100%.

I don't think we'll see a significant benefit though. Probably a small one but it'll hardly turn draws in to wins etc...