Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roy Keane's brutal assessment of Liverpool - 'I wouldn't watch them if they were playing in my back garden'

Our football doesn't compare to the free flowing stuff he had his Sunderland and Ipswich sides playing a few years ago...

Hes just on a wind up I don't mind Roy Keane.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiedle View Post
    How is it brutal? Sami Hyppia said the same things.
    Well its not brutal, bludgeoning someone to death with a hammer is brutal, making some comments about a football team isn't.

Liverpool as things stand won't win things, but he's basically saying he won't watch a team unless they are winning things. Clearly we are an attractive team to watch and can and do entertain.

Its just Roy trying too hard again though it works for him as a pundit, shame he can't see it with his own national team who play dirty long ball turgid football for which he has a major role in...not to mention his own club management days

Pundits. Last night Rio Ferdinand was on BT sport and indicated before the match Spurs had no chance of winning.
    My ship is coming in.

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Well its not brutal, bludgeoning someone to death with a hammer is brutal, making some comments about a football team isn't.

Liverpool as things stand won't win things, but he's basically saying he won't watch a team unless they are winning things. Clearly we are an attractive team to watch and can and do entertain.

Its just Roy trying too hard again though it works for him as a pundit, shame he can't see it with his own national team who play dirty long ball turgid football for which he has a major role in...not to mention his own club management days

Agree with the bold bit and yes we're entertaining when on full flow.
    ?

Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe-El View Post
    After 45 mins last night I wondered why I was watching LFC too. Cue the needless abuse...
    I was sat wondering what I paid over 50 quid for.

Quote Originally Posted by youwannabe View Post
    Pundits. Last night Rio Ferdinand was on BT sport and indicated before the match Spurs had no chance of winning.
    I found that particularly odd as Real Madrid are really struggling at the moment too while Spurs have been flying, their defeat to the Mancs aside

Quote Originally Posted by AidoC View Post
    Roy Keane has delivered one of his brutal assessments of Liverpool’s trophy ambitions for this season, as he suggested he would not watch Jurgen Klopp’s side if they were playing in his own back garden.

Liverpool secured a 3-0 Champions League win against Maribor on Wednesday night, but Keane was scathing in his assessment of Klopp’s team as he suggested they were ‘several players short’ of competing for major honours.

“It’s hard to figure out Liverpool at the moment, it’s hard to get excited about them,” Keane told ITV Sport. “For me they are going nowhere fast and come the end of the season when the prizes are being handed out, Liverpool will be nowhere near.

“I think if they were playing in my back garden, I wouldn’t watch them. It’s a pretty big (garden), but let’s be honest they are going nowhere.

Keane suggested Liverpool will not be major contenders for the game’s top competitions until Klopp solves the defensive problems, as he suggested they needed several big money signings.

“At the back, there are question marks over the goalkeeper….the defenders. I don’t have too much to say about Liverpool,” he added.

“It is easier said than done getting defensive players in. The market is pretty small when it comes to top quality defenders. We saw Man City sign some full-backs costing £50m and maybe Liverpool aren’t at that level in terms of spending.

“They need more than one defensive signing. They won’t do it in January and they probably won’t do it next summer either as they failed to do it for this season.

“The big picture for Liverpool moving forward - they are way behind the other teams.”

We are infinitely better than when you were managing Roy you Neanderthal like moronic simpleton
    Oh and Maureen buying the league (like fergie did ), doesn’t equate to success, I can buy a fast car and race go karts, doesn’t make me the worlds greatest driver

We absolutely do need quality in ,2 or 3 top players In jan, but not because you have pointed it out, it was necessary given the crap summer we had

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bagaante View Post
    We are infinitely better than when you were managing Roy you Neanderthal like moronic simpleton
    Oh and Maureen buying the league (like fergie did ), doesn’t equate to success, I can buy a fast car and race go karts, doesn’t make me the worlds greatest driver

We absolutely do need quality in ,2 or 3 top players In jan, but not because you have pointed it out, it was necessary given the crap summer we had
    Roy doesn't like anyone.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by 77red96 View Post
    You may not realise it but that little gem of a ststement could be perceived as a racist comment. Calling an Irish man a leprechaun carries the same weight as the 'n' bomb.
    Honestly was unaware. Please accept my apology.

Mods delete thanks.

Red-And-Proud is offline First team regular
    Who are we playing in this imaginary match in Roys back garden?
    Klopps beard twin

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    The irony of Keane aping a legendary Liverpool manager in order to take a stab at Liverpool. Cracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Red-And-Proud View Post
    Who are we playing in this imaginary match in Roys back garden?
    ROI? Or one of the team's he's managed before.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    The irony of Keane aping a legendary Liverpool manager in order to take a stab at Liverpool. Cracking.
    Its like 10,000 cups of tea when all you need is a keg.
    Klopps beard twin

Quote Originally Posted by Defo-skitso View Post
    ROI? Or one of the team's he's managed before.
    In that case I probably wouldn't want to watch it either
    Klopps beard twin

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    I found that particularly odd as Real Madrid are really struggling at the moment too while Spurs have been flying, their defeat to the Mancs aside
    Absolutely.The problem with many pundits is that they often take the line of least resistance. It is easy to ignore the fact that Madrid have been awful recently and are floundering, and just assume that because they are Madrid ,they will turn up and win.
    My ship is coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
    I was sat wondering what I paid over 50 quid for.
    It’s not even like Klopp put out a second string line up. The 2nd half was an improvement but still not entertaining or riveting (any spell-checkers out there?) stuff. Glad I never went.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiedle View Post
    Roy doesn't like anyone.
    Yes agree. Cant stand the man. His outburst at McCarthy at 2002 WC was unforgivable. When even Ferguson takes against him you know he has issues..big ones.

BUt.. its important not to ignore the message just because of who the messenger is. A lot of what he says (and Lee Dixon) I cant disagree with and Id be surprised if a) we make top 4 and b) win any cup this year.

No one wants a sterile defensive team who cant attack but he's not suggesting that and nor am i or many others (former players/pundits etc). Its that we just havent got any defensive nous. Clean sheets against Maribor and a defensively minded Man Utd coming to Anfield for a point are no barometers.

It’s not even like Klopp put out a second string line up. The 2nd half was an improvement but still not entertaining or riveting (any spell-checkers out there?) stuff. Glad I never went.
    If you don't like it, stop watching.
    Klopps beard twin

We are mediocre and most fans believe we are better than what we are.

Rubbish GK, defence and midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by StAggering View Post
    We are mediocre and most fans believe we are better than what we are.

Rubbish GK, defence and midfield.
    Most of us are lucky we have you around to show us the light
    Klopps beard twin

He said the same thing after Man City's performance against Dynamo Kiev last year.

https://twitter.com/itvfootball/stat...49753574035458

Quote Originally Posted by youwannabe View Post
    Absolutely.The problem with many pundits is that they often take the line of least resistance. It is easy to ignore the fact that Madrid have been awful recently and are floundering, and just assume that because they are Madrid ,they will turn up and win.
    Aye its lazy punditry most of the time, spitting out clichés and learning very little about the opposition in some cases before matches

Madrid will rise again this season I'd expect, but right now they are in a bad form, lousy result for them on the weekend and the writing was on the wall for last night

Quote Originally Posted by Red-And-Proud View Post
    If you don't like it, stop watching.

If you can show me one LFC supporter who would rather watch LFC play tripe football against a pub side instead of LFC destroy sides with, pace, skill, power and entertaining football, I’ll show you a liar.
    Last edited by LordJamieOfCarragher; 2-11-17 at 17:34. Reason: Insulting to other poster, failing to heed moderation.

If you can show me one LFC supporter who would rather watch LFC play tripe football against a pub side instead of LFC destroy sides with, pace, skill, power and entertaining football, I’ll show you a liar.
    You mean what they did in the 2nd half?
    Last edited by LordJamieOfCarragher; 2-11-17 at 17:34.

Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    You mean what they did in the 2nd half?
    It’s funny but I could have sworn I was being critical of the 1st half showing. You know, that 45 mins before half time. The 2nd bit was better but calling it entertaining is a push.

It’s funny but I could have sworn I was being critical of the 1st half showing. You know, that 45 mins before half time. That bit...
    What's funny is how hard you're trying

Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by QuatreVingt16 View Post
    As a player and person I’d rate him highly. He’s the only one to call ferguson out what he is and for that he has my total admiration.
    As for his comments last night; its only his opinion. I dont like his tone of expression but ******* him and, lets be honest; we’ve read similar ill dressed remarks on here by so called supporters!
    Nah not as a person, no way.

As an Irishman, his behaviour at the World Cup was a disgrace and the absolute wrong way to go about things. It was unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    What's funny is how hard you're trying
    I’m just surprised some here are so hell bent on acting like the 1st 45 mins was champagne football

I’m just surprised some here are so hell bent on acting like the 1st 45 mins was champagne football
    0:0 after 45 is completely normal thing against a low block.

Older fans of the club have told me that's how we used to win titles. With 2nd half wins.

imbicilic ? Really ?

Football is a form of entertainment, if you're a watching a TV show and you don't like it, do you keep on watching.?
    But thanks for the enlightening me on the fact that " fans would prefer to watch better football" well **** me sideways, what waste of time making me read that reply.I was merely offering some advice towards your discontent.
    Last edited by LordJamieOfCarragher; 2-11-17 at 17:37.
    Klopps beard twin