Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Roy Keane's brutal assessment of Liverpool - 'I wouldn't watch them if they were playing in my back garden'

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    I really wouldn't bother JB, trolling pointlessly this one, seems to spend most his time on threads trying to be emotive saying 'how boring' things are...which in itself is incredibly boring
    You’re right mate. Sometimes you feel you’ve got to get involved though
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

BREAKING NEWS: Liverpool have a s*** defence

Red-And-Proud is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by danm77 View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: Liverpool have a s*** defence
    Does that make us less entertaining to watch, I would think for the neutral not so much?
    Klopps beard twin

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    @_ChrisBascombe
    Given how the ROI play, surprised there is any space in Roy’s garden with that massive glass house he lives in.

Haha

FistofRage is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    He forgot the bit about closing the curtains.
    Roy hasn't got curtains - he's an exhibitionist along with his wife

Quote Originally Posted by Joe-El View Post

If you can show me one LFC supporter who would rather watch LFC play tripe football against a pub side instead of LFC destroy sides with, pace, skill, power and entertaining football, I’ll show you a liar.
    you mean like the draw that dortmund got against the mighty apoel last night, at home!! i think your expectations are totally unrealistic.
    Last edited by LordJamieOfCarragher; 2-11-17 at 17:37.

Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    Yes agree. Cant stand the man. His outburst at McCarthy at 2002 WC was unforgivable. When even Ferguson takes against him you know he has issues..big ones.

BUt.. its important not to ignore the message just because of who the messenger is. A lot of what he says (and Lee Dixon) I cant disagree with and Id be surprised if a) we make top 4 and b) win any cup this year.

No one wants a sterile defensive team who cant attack but he's not suggesting that and nor am i or many others (former players/pundits etc). Its that we just havent got any defensive nous. Clean sheets against Maribor and a defensively minded Man Utd coming to Anfield for a point are no barometers.
    I’d take Keane over ferguson every day. Ferguson knows that Keane is the only man with enough balls to call him for what he is and the he doesn’t
    like it. Everyone else in the game tip toes around him almost in reverence but Keane knows how much of a two faced **** he is and is not afraid to say it. That takes balls particularly as Keanes own managerial career isn’t remotely comparable.
    What Keane has said about us may well be mostly true but I dont like his tone.

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Red-And-Proud View Post
    Football is a form of entertainment, if you're a watching a TV show and you don't like it, do you keep on watching.?
    But thanks for the enlightening me on the fact that " fans would prefer to watch better football" well **** me sideways, what waste of time making me read that reply.I was merely offering some advice towards your discontent.
    Hahaha. Nailed it in the last sentence mate, you’ll be better off trust me.
    Last edited by LordJamieOfCarragher; 2-11-17 at 17:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Mersey Dudek View Post
    Nah not as a person, no way.

As an Irishman, his behaviour at the World Cup was a disgrace and the absolute wrong way to go about things. It was unforgivable.
    And I agree about 2002, I was as disappointed as anyone. I think his issues at that time were spot on but sadly he pushed it too far and was sent packing. It was his loss more than anyone else’s. But his willingness to stand up to ferguson when others cower is admirable - for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Red-And-Proud View Post

Football is a form of entertainment, if you're a watching a TV show and you don't like it, do you keep on watching.?
    But thanks for the enlightening me on the fact that " fans would prefer to watch better football" well **** me sideways, what waste of time making me read that reply.I was merely offering some advice towards your discontent.
    “If you don’t like it stop watching”... that’s your advice lol. Look if you want to post stuff like that don’t get all touchy when you get the obvious response. My word
    Last edited by LordJamieOfCarragher; 2-11-17 at 17:38.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    you mean like the draw that dortmund got against the mighty apoel last night, at home!! i think your expectations are totally unrealistic.
    ? What has what any other team done or not done got to do with LFC playing rubbish for 45 minutes? What?

Question... is it now a crime to point out that LFC played really rubbish football for 45 minutes?

Question... is it now a crime to point out that LFC played really rubbish football for 45 minutes?
    Don't go away. We'll be right back after the break with the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnsRed View Post
    Take your time

NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Roy, stick to getting RoI into the WC.

? What has what any other team done or not done got to do with LFC playing rubbish for 45 minutes? What?
    We weren’t rubbish in first 45. We weren’t great either but dominated possession and made them work very hard to nullify us, which they did. That was a prelude to finding the space in their defense in second 45. Professional performance and well deserved 3 points.
    There’s negatives to be found in everything and everyone, for those who wish to find them.

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    We were really bad first half. We improved a lot second half.

Red-And-Proud is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by QuinnsRed View Post
    Take your time
    Yep, take your time, you've probably got about a week now, before Joe can counter .
    Klopps beard twin

It's not a crime. My issue with you last night was you said every Liverpool fan should have been insulted by that first half performance. I told you that was a stupid statement (which it was) and told you not to speak for me

I somehow got points for "Insulting" you.
    YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by AidoC View Post
    Roy Keane has delivered one of his brutal assessments of Liverpool’s trophy ambitions for this season, as he suggested he would not watch Jurgen Klopp’s side if they were playing in his own back garden.

Liverpool secured a 3-0 Champions League win against Maribor on Wednesday night, but Keane was scathing in his assessment of Klopp’s team as he suggested they were ‘several players short’ of competing for major honours.

“It’s hard to figure out Liverpool at the moment, it’s hard to get excited about them,” Keane told ITV Sport. “For me they are going nowhere fast and come the end of the season when the prizes are being handed out, Liverpool will be nowhere near.

“I think if they were playing in my back garden, I wouldn’t watch them. It’s a pretty big (garden), but let’s be honest they are going nowhere.

Keane suggested Liverpool will not be major contenders for the game’s top competitions until Klopp solves the defensive problems, as he suggested they needed several big money signings.

“At the back, there are question marks over the goalkeeper….the defenders. I don’t have too much to say about Liverpool,” he added.

“It is easier said than done getting defensive players in. The market is pretty small when it comes to top quality defenders. We saw Man City sign some full-backs costing £50m and maybe Liverpool aren’t at that level in terms of spending.

“They need more than one defensive signing. They won’t do it in January and they probably won’t do it next summer either as they failed to do it for this season.

“The big picture for Liverpool moving forward - they are way behind the other teams.”
    Ironically said in a programme watching erm, Liverpool.

If his managerial record was anything I’d be interested but he’s a serial failure himself.

we were not that bad in the first half and most should have expected it considering they had just been done for seven two weeks ago - did you really think they would just roll over. for some reason you really under estimate a team and expect them all to be steamrollered. for someone that purports to have watch us for so long then you should know that is not always the case, and never has been.

Not at all. It’s daft to be fixated on it though.

I pretty much agree with everything he said last night...except i'm a fan who does travel 200 odd miles to watch them.

We are going nowhere fast lets be honest...our squad is still 1 big mile of mess that relies on Salah and Mane to outscore opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBarnes79 View Post
    You’re right mate. Sometimes you feel you’ve got to get involved though
    I hear you, sometimes a poster can post such repetitive dull posts you have to just say something.....and that's how they get us

Roy Keane.

The same guy who as a manager signed a 35 year old Dwight Yorke and used him in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post
    I pretty much agree with everything he said last night...except i'm a fan who does travel 200 odd miles to watch them.

We are going nowhere fast lets be honest...our squad is still 1 big mile of mess that relies on Salah and Mane to outscore opponents.
    1 big pile of mess that's top of its Champions league group and 3 points of fourth.

Hardly *********** disastrous.

Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    1 big pile of mess that's top of its Champions league group and 3 points of fourth.

Hardly *********** disastrous.
    Knocked out the cup, I'd be ok if we were top of group with Maribor to play twice...we have to go to Sevilla and play Spartak and we could easily fail to qualify.

And even IF we make it through...it's lights out.

Don't care how many points off 4th we are....we're bottom of the chasing pack with a *********** +1 GD...we're a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post
    Knocked out the cup, I'd be ok if we were top of group with Maribor to play twice...we have to go to Sevilla and play Spartak and we could easily fail to qualify.

And even IF we make it through...it's lights out.

Don't care how many points off 4th we are....we're bottom of the chasing pack with a *********** +1 GD...we're a mess.
    Not....'THE Cup?'

I really don't know why some fans bother, win, lose, draw, there is zero enjoyment it seems

Things can be better, but reading your posts like a tiny minority on here, I just wonder why on earth you bother, such a joyless experience

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Not....'THE Cup?'

I really don't know why some fans bother, win, lose, draw, there is zero enjoyment it seems

Things can be better, but reading your posts like a tiny minority on here, I just wonder why on earth you bother, such a joyless experience
    Enjoyment comes from winning trophies & winning big games, which we've had a few of.