Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: England squad for Germany and Brazil

1. #1 England Flag England squad for Germany and Brazil 
    JurgenBelieveUs is online now Academy prospect
    Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Stoke City), Joe Hart (West Ham - loan from Manchester City), Jordan Pickford (Everton)

Defenders: Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Harry Maguire (Leicester), Danny Rose (Tottenham), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Tottenham), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Crystal Palace - loan from Chelsea), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Harry Winks (Tottenham), Ashley Young (Manchester United)

Forwards:
    Tammy Abraham (Swansea - loan from Chelsea), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Jamie Vardy (Leicester)

Sturridge and Oxlade-Chamberlain dropped for two Chelsea loanees
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Euro-77-78-81-84-05 is online now Ask him if the match is on TV
    Glad for Gomez

However if he don't play, Stuart Pearce will be on Sky having a fit.

Why take young English players out of the Under 21 squad, just to not play them in the first team. He was named captain, and you take him out of that environment just to keep him on the bench. So the Under 21's lose a key player for an important qualifier and the captain at that. Why name him captain meaning he will be a regular, then make him miss a game to make up the numbers. People ask why Southgate has not named a permanent captain, yet the Under 21's do and this happened. Then say if he was England Manager he'd only pick players from the Under 21's if he'd play them and if he was still at the Under 21's he would refuse to let him go unless Southgate promised playing time.

If he plays the commentators will be talking down to the casual fan explaining who he is.

Following words/terms will be used

Liverpool youngster
    Charlton's younger ever player
    Terrible injury
    Named Under 21 captain
    Still only 20
    Born after Southagate's Euro 96 penalty miss
    YNWA

Our best XI right now is;

Hart Trippier Cahill Maguire Bertrand Dier Alli Sterling Kane Rashford Vardy

& there's no reason why this side can't compete.....2 skillful quick wingers, 2 great goalscorers, midfield 2 could be a bit weak/exposed but it's our only hope....defence looks solid & terrible keeping options all round... Forster just terrible & Heaton out injured.
    Last edited by LivapewlDivas; 2-11-17 at 20:06.

Quote Originally Posted by JurgenBelieveUs View Post
    Sturridge and Oxlade have been mostly bench players for us....the 2 Chelsea loanees (although I disagree with their inclusion) have been playing every week.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by LivapewlDivas View Post

& there's no reason why this side can't compete.....2 skillful quick wingers, 2 great goalscorers, midfield 2 could be a bit weak/exposed but it's our only hope....defence looks solid & terrible keeping options all round... Forster just terrible & Heaton out injured.
    no team with cahill in it can be called a best anything. on second thoughts

Tammy Abraham in the senior England squad?

Caps are worthless these days.

Butland; Walker, Stones, Cahill, Rose; Dier, Hendo, Alli; Sterling, Kane (c), Rashford

Butland; Walker, Stones, Cahill, Rose; Dier, Hendo, Alli; Sterling, Kane (c), Rashford
    Yep, that's what I'd pick too. Perhaps Winks for Henderson if he continues to impress.

It wouldn't surprise me if Southgate went with three at the back though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post

Abraham is an interesting player, he's played well this season for a poor Swansea side. 5 goals in 13 appearances (10 starts) in all competitions this season isn't bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    Yep, that's what I'd pick too. Perhaps Winks for Henderson if he continues to impress.

It wouldn't surprise me if Southgate went with three at the back though.
    Trippier and Maguire are much much better than Walker & Stones, it's not even a contest.

Rose hasn't played at all this season, he cannot be involved.

Trippier and Maguire are much much better than Walker & Stones, it's not even a contest.

I disagree. There isn't much between Walker and Trippier, but I'd pick the former.

I think Maguire is a good defender, but Stones is a level above him in my opinion, and is beginning to show his quality on a consistent basis under Guardiola now.

When all are fit, I believe that Rose is our first choice LB.

The team JurgenBelieveUs picked above is the starting XI I would choose when all are fit and available.

Sturridge and Oxlade have been mostly bench players for us....the 2 Chelsea loanees (although I disagree with their inclusion) have been playing every week.
    Although these are friendlies and some of it is about blooding some potential newbies and seeing how they act in the squad.

KoppityKloppity is online now Academy prospect
    Possibly the worst England squad I have witnessed.

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Stoke City), Joe Hart (West Ham - loan from Manchester City), Jordan Pickford (Everton)

Defenders: Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Harry Maguire (Leicester), Danny Rose (Tottenham), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Tottenham), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Crystal Palace - loan from Chelsea), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Harry Winks (Tottenham), Ashley Young (Manchester United)

Forwards:
    Tammy Abraham (Swansea - loan from Chelsea), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Jamie Vardy (Leicester)

Good! I don’t want them getting hurt for some worthless friendly... I’m no fan of Ox, but we still need him available for selection not hurt in a worthless England game

Nah, that's our best XI for me. I think Trippier is class but I'm with Bewdley in that Walker still edges it.

The hype around Stones is silly but he's actually growing into a top defender, Maguire isn't even close.

And Rose is far and away the best left-back in the country. Maybe these particular internationals are too soon for him, I'll give you that.

Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    Good! I don’t want them getting hurt for some worthless friendly... I’m no fan of Ox, but we still need him available for selection not hurt in a worthless England game
    Agreed I'm just disappointed for the lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    I disagree. There isn't much between Walker and Trippier, but I'd pick the former.

I think Maguire is a good defender, but Stones is a level above him in my opinion, and is beginning to show his quality on a consistent basis under Guardiola now.

When all are fit, I believe that Rose is our first choice LB.

The team JurgenBelieveUs picked above is the starting XI I would choose when all are fit and available.
    Walker is intent on attack only, whilst he does overlap consistently and puts in few good crosses he still is brain dead at times defensively...Trippier is equally fantastic in both areas of the field, the guy has 14 assists in 34 games in all comps this and last season, when you consider the playing time he has had that's highly impressive.

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Going to this on the 14th I hope there is a lot of goals.
    ?

LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    You’ll not find me complimenting England’s squad choices often but Southgate should be looking at as many options as possible.

Wish Chris *********** Coleman would.

We should also remember what happened to Scott Carson. Made his full debut against Austria in a friendly days before being held culpable for the first goal against Croatia which cost the wally with the brolly his job. It is likely it cost him some England caps.

So it makes sense for Southgate and his successors to have a look at emerging talent in games where England don't necessarily need the strongest available team. So friendlies, against the likes of Malta and San Marino and those last few games after qualification has been achieved.

Really? he's been terrible of late
    “Do. Or do not. There is no try.”

You guys are sad that Studge and AOC are dropped? I am *********** elated! Reduces chances of injuries during the break. We always seem to have injuries on breaks.
    Who cares about these meaningless friendlies anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post

Why stop there? Ashley Young is back in favour!!

Quote Originally Posted by Indian-Red View Post
    You guys are sad that Studge and AOC are dropped? I am *********** elated! Reduces chances of injuries during the break. We always seem to have injuries on breaks.
    Who cares about these meaningless friendlies anyways.
    I agree entirely Indian-Red. And I’m absolutely thrilled that Salah has not been called up for Égyptien squad. Thats good player management by their FA.

Quote Originally Posted by QuatreVingt16 View Post
    I agree entirely Indian-Red. And I’m absolutely thrilled that Salah has not been called up for Égyptien squad. Thats good player management by their FA.
    I didn't know that. Thanks! thats great news

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCushionedHeader View Post
    You’ll not find me complimenting England’s squad choices often but Southgate should be looking at as many options as possible.

Wish Chris *********** Coleman would.
    Bit harsh mate?

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    It's amazing how much **** there is in that squad.

Quote Originally Posted by paul143 View Post
    We should also remember what happened to Scott Carson. Made his full debut against Austria in a friendly days before being held culpable for the first goal against Croatia which cost the wally with the brolly his job. It is likely it cost him some England caps.

So it makes sense for Southgate and his successors to have a look at emerging talent in games where England don't necessarily need the strongest available team. So friendlies, against the likes of Malta and San Marino and those last few games after qualification has been achieved.
    get that. but what happens once the world cup or whatever comes around, revert back to the same old tired faces that have failed continually. we really should be using the qualifying stages as the learning curve to bring a young new team into existence beginning with the european qualifiers.

tbh not sure southgate is the right guy, still looks to be the boro manager in how he sets up.

KoppityKloppity is online now Academy prospect
    Southgate banging on about getting younger players into the squad which is great but he has then picked 32 year old Ashley Young and dropped 24 year old Chamberlain and also states Ox isn't right for the system, Tripper and Walker are better WB's which is fair enough, the wide areas we have better players than Ox, which again is fair enough but Ashley Young's roles are probably the same as Ox's apart from Ox is OK in central midfield something Young isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by KoppityKloppity View Post
    Southgate banging on about getting younger players into the squad which is great but he has then picked 32 year old Ashley Young and dropped 24 year old Chamberlain and also states Ox isn't right for the system, Tripper and Walker are better WB's which is fair enough, the wide areas we have better players than Ox, which again is fair enough but Ashley Young's roles are probably the same as Ox's apart from Ox is OK in central midfield something Young isn't.
    think its more the case he hasn't really been playing except sub appearances which is fair tbh. what i don't get is not really seeing how he wants to play - its all very conservative. if he wants to use the ball at the back etc then cahill is an accident waiting to happen, just like dire.

foreverred-1973 is online now 100% Concentrated

Forwards:

The 3 keepers are those three who conceded the most goals in the league.
    Thank God I'm an Atheist!