Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Emre Can set to leave for free in summer (Dominic King)

Red-And-Proud is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    This

PS Emre if you are reading this, if that was you walking past McDonald in Liverpool City centre 2 weeks ago, and I said hello Emre and you just didn't answer me, there was no need to be so rude ...If it wasn't you, forget what I just said, carry on as you were .
    Last edited by Red-And-Proud; 13-11-17 at 11:48.
    Klopps beard twin
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Would rather he went abroad. As much as a lot of us think heís too inconsistent, you never know what might happen and Iíd hate for him to end up at City for example and find his rhythm.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    Would rather he went abroad. As much as a lot of us think heís too inconsistent, you never know what might happen and Iíd hate for him to end up at City for example and find his rhythm.
    Me too, heís showing signs of being a beast and heís only what 23?

Quote Originally Posted by Red-And-Proud View Post
    This

PS Emre if you are reading this, if that was you walking past McDonald in Liverpool City centre 2 weeks ago, and I said hello Emre and you just didn't answer me, there was no need to be so rude ...If it wasn't you, forget what I just said, carry on as you were feeling bad about Ayubs post.
    Actually Emre if you are reading this what product do you use on your hair itís so shiny and lovely

dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    Actually Emre if you are reading this what product do you use on your hair it’s so shiny and lovely
    its bryl isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by dreams-come-true View Post
    its bryl isn't it?
    I think it could be, id have to smell it lol

I know mate, but itís this notion of waiting for a player to become what some think he could be. Take Henderson, 7 years on is he a player that was worth keeping around? In all honesty the answer is no. I think Can has more ability than Henderson unquestionably, but application is half the battle. Hence the added frustration when a guy who shows heís got something in his locker, doesnít apply himself properly week in week out. A good game followed by 3 poor ones. At what point is it reasonable to lose patience and assign him to the huge list that flattered to deceive?

After that golden period with Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano, our midfield has been a conveyor belt of players ranging from passable to ****. Itís been 7 years and itís not all Canís fault a lot of us are impatient with this, itís more a case of what are we waiting for?

Actually Emre if you are reading this what product do you use on your hair itís so shiny and lovely
    Edit

Heís shown **** all

Quote Originally Posted by Scrams View Post
    He’s shown **** all
    I think he has, his box to box runs and his power are all improving and we cans ee that on the pitch, he just needs to develop and do it more often; in a 3 of Hendo and Gini he's above them both right now imo
    dont look back in anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrams View Post
    He’s shown **** all
    I think if that was the case there wouldn't even be this drawn out debate as to his contract. It's only frustrating because he has shown something on occasion, but it never lasts very long. Overall I think we can do a lot better, we have an excellent player coming in and my only qualm with Can leaving is I don't want a similar project with a promising youngster. We need someone ready to come in and improve the squad immediately.

Actually Emre if you are reading this what product do you use on your hair it’s so shiny and lovely
    His national team manager provided it.

Quote Originally Posted by dreams-come-true View Post
    its bryl isn't it?
    Well it's not Nivea. I have a theory that as he wasn't chosen to advertise their products in any of the ads he felt so left out, he decided he had to go.

Emre isnít a young and inexperienced player anymore. He is 24 years old in January, but has failed to nail down a settled position in the side and is just as inconsistent now as he was when we signed him. I see the usual comparisons to Henderson are being made once more, so Iíll step in here. In my opinion, Emre hasnít shown anything as of yet to prove that heíll be a superior player to Jordan.

Letís look at the figures shall we.

Since 2014/15 (Premier League only)

Can

Starts: 85
    Goals: 7
    Assists: 4
    Tackles: 2.2
    Interceptions: 1.4
    Key Passes: 0.9

Henderson

Starts: 84
    Goals: 10
    Assists: 17
    Tackles: 2.8
    Key Passes: 1.5

I know I know, Emre is younger than Henderson so will get better with age, which may be true. But in the 2013/14 season, when we almost won the league, Jordan was just 23 years of age (6 or so months younger than Can is now). He put in consistently good performances that season and contributed massively from a box to box midfield role. The following season, at 24 years of age, Henderson scored 7 goals and claimed 14 assists in all competitions. Despite playing in a number of different roles (DM, CM, RWB, RW).

Now, I believe that Emre is going to struggle to get anywhere near those sorts of numbers. Again, Iíve seen people mention Moussa Dembele, Luca Modric and other (quality) midfielders who do not post big figures. But thatís not their role in the side and unlike Can, theyíre able to retain possession and use the ball effectively. Unfortunately, in possession, Emre is extremely erratic. Heís capable of pulling a rabbit out of the hat occasionally, but is far too unpredictable at the best of times. This is why Jurgen chooses to use Emre further up the pitch, as he wants more of a Ďsafeí and mobile presence in the front of the back four.

Taking this into consideration, if Emre is to be used further forward, he will be expected to create chances for our attackers and get himself into dangerous positions on a regular basis also. As a CM with license to get forward, I believe that we can do better than him. This is why I am not fussed at all if Can does move on. Quite simply, we can do better. Keita is an immediate upgrade as both a Ď6í and an Ď8í. And if we can bring in Goretzka (who is above Emre in the pecking order for Germany), our options in midfield will finally start to look impressive.

Finally, going forward, I think we can do better than both Henderson and Can in that No.6 position. In my opinion, Jordan is at his best when played in a 'support' role, similarly to the one he was used in the 2013/14 and 2014/15 seasons. However, I find it strange that a relatively experienced and yet very inconsistent player such as Emre is getting praise and some sympathy from certain posters, when they were probably throwing plenty of shade Jordan's way when he was at the same point in his career.

JurgenBelieveUs is online now Academy prospect
    He is welcome to **** off to City and worsen their starting XI.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    Emre isn’t a young and inexperienced player anymore. He is 24 years old in January, but has failed to nail down a settled position in the side and is just as inconsistent now as he was when we signed him. I see the usual comparisons to Henderson are being made once more, so I’ll step in here. In my opinion, Emre hasn’t shown anything as of yet to prove that he’ll be a superior player to Jordan.

Let’s look at the figures shall we.

Can

Henderson

I know I know, Emre is younger than Henderson so will get better with age, which may be true. But in the 2013/14 season, when we almost won the league, Jordan was just 23 years of age (6 or so months younger than Can is now). He put in consistently good performances that season and contributed massively from a box to box midfield role. The following season, at 24 years of age, Henderson scored 7 goals and claimed 14 assists in all competitions. Despite playing in a number of different roles (DM, CM, RWB, RW).

Now, I believe that Emre is going to struggle to get anywhere near those sorts of numbers. Again, I’ve seen people mention Moussa Dembele, Luca Modric and other (quality) midfielders who do not post big figures. But that’s not their role in the side and unlike Can, they’re able to retain possession and use the ball effectively. Unfortunately, in possession, Emre is extremely erratic. He’s capable of pulling a rabbit out of the hat occasionally, but is far too unpredictable at the best of times. This is why Jurgen chooses to use Emre further up the pitch, as he wants more of a ‘safe’ and mobile presence in the front of the back four.

Taking this into consideration, if Emre is to be used further forward, he will be expected to create chances for our attackers and get himself into dangerous positions on a regular basis also. As a CM with license to get forward, I believe that we can do better than him. This is why I am not fussed at all if Can does move on. Quite simply, we can do better. Keita is an immediate upgrade as both a ‘6’ and an ‘8’. And if we can bring in Goretzka (who is above Emre in the pecking order for Germany), our options in midfield will finally start to look impressive.

Finally, going forward, I think we can do better than both Henderson and Can in that No.6 position. In my opinion, Jordan is at his best when played in a 'support' role, similarly to the one he was used in the 2013/14 and 2014/15 seasons. However, I find it strange that a relatively experienced and yet very inconsistent player such as Emre is getting praise and some sympathy from certain posters, when they were probably throwing plenty of shade Jordan's way when he was at the same point in his career.
    Excellent post this, interesting reading on the numbers there and I'm the same, the prospect of his departure feels of no real concern considering his form and return for the club overall

Quote Originally Posted by JurgenBelieveUs View Post
    He is welcome to **** off to City and worsen their starting XI.
    He gets nowhere near their starting XI unless he cuts down on the 4 out of 10 performances.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    He gets nowhere near their starting XI unless he cuts down on the 4 out of 10 performances.
    I saw a bit of talk about him being a Fernandinho replacement which is ******* hilarious.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    I saw a bit of talk about him being a Fernandinho replacement which is ******* hilarious.
    He'll take Gunga Dins place on the bench when he gets injured again.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    Im shocked Can hasn't already agreed to a deal with someone to be honest. If BVB and City are popping up now then I dont think he's agreed to sign for Juve just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    Emre isnít a young and inexperienced player anymore. He is 24 years old in January, but has failed to nail down a settled position in the side and is just as inconsistent now as he was when we signed him. I see the usual comparisons to Henderson are being made once more, so Iíll step in here. In my opinion, Emre hasnít shown anything as of yet to prove that heíll be a superior player to Jordan.

Letís look at the figures shall we.

Can

Henderson

Now, I believe that Emre is going to struggle to get anywhere near those sorts of numbers. Again, Iíve seen people mention Moussa Dembele, Luca Modric and other (quality) midfielders who do not post big figures. But thatís not their role in the side and unlike Can, theyíre able to retain possession and use the ball effectively. Unfortunately, in possession, Emre is extremely erratic. Heís capable of pulling a rabbit out of the hat occasionally, but is far too unpredictable at the best of times. This is why Jurgen chooses to use Emre further up the pitch, as he wants more of a Ďsafeí and mobile presence in the front of the back four.

Taking this into consideration, if Emre is to be used further forward, he will be expected to create chances for our attackers and get himself into dangerous positions on a regular basis also. As a CM with license to get forward, I believe that we can do better than him. This is why I am not fussed at all if Can does move on. Quite simply, we can do better. Keita is an immediate upgrade as both a Ď6í and an Ď8í. And if we can bring in Goretzka (who is above Emre in the pecking order for Germany), our options in midfield will finally start to look impressive.

Well **** me! Juventus, Bayern and anyone else looking to snag Can need to get their scouting people in order! Why on earth would you want Can over Hendo after looking at these numbers?! Madness!! Someone help me understand this obvious oversight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    He'll take Gunga Dins place on the bench when he gets injured again.
    https://i.imgur.com/LWEv94c.jpg

I donít know who he would expect to replace at any of the sides he is reportedly interested in joining. No one really views him as a DM or #6 of any kind. If you go by Bewdleyís figures he scores a goal every dozen games and hilariously, an assist once or twice a season. As he also stated, Can isnít a Modric type who is dictating games and not necessarily going to be the one playing a final pass. Canís best work is done going forward so those figures are ****** awful. This was my point earlier, at best he shows fleeting glances of form and even that might be kind. He hasnít excelled in any position.