Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 690 of 873

Thread: Jurgen Klopp - Episode IV

  1. #661  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,974
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Depends on how "early" early days is. In Klopp's reign so far and this is his 2nd full season, how early is early?

    If JK is going to be here for his 6 year contract, suppose it is early days still. Ish.
    The point I am trying to make is there is more optimism in the air at the present time than there has been.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #662  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    39,189
    Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    The point I am trying to make is there is more optimism in the air at the present time than there has been.
    Can't say I am optimistic with the defence side of things at the present time.

    Prayer to Fowler, Salah remains unscathed.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #663  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    24,537
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Can't say I am optimistic with the defence side of things at the present time.

    Prayer to Fowler, Salah remains unscathed.
    https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/73893978.jpg
    Farewell my lovers.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #664  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,609
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Well, hurts me to say, to be fair, so far he is right. We haven't won anything yet under FSG and JK. So to shut him up it would be a case of winning the CL or FA cup this season...

    IF not, next season will be ours...
    He's only been here one full year. In his non full year nearly got us the double!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #665  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    28,022
    Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    He's only been here one full year. In his non full year nearly got us the double!
    he has been here for 117 games to be exact
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #666  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    39,189
    Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    He's only been here one full year. In his non full year nearly got us the double!
    Was thinking, under FSG we are good at the runner up spots. 3 runner ups in the finals, 2nd in the league under Rodgers.

    Just would be nice to see them jump the final hurdle soon enough.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #667  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    17,603
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    He work with Lucas, Sakho, Ibe, Origi

    Didn't give Benteke or Allen a proper try

    And kept quite a few young players around who had no chance of making it at Liverpool

    Like I said he's building a decent attacking team with a decent central midfield

    With no defence no goalkeeper and lukewarm squad
    Same crap every day or are you even aware.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #668  
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    You can't run either. Too bulked up with Masteron you can't scratch your back and need assistance
    wtf
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #669  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    wtf
    had that problem with my son, he needed telling.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #670  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    he has been here for 117 games to be exact
    Which accounts to....one full prem season.

    Funny how you want to twist things your own way but refuse to look at it in any other way!

    First full season was a success with a top four finish.

    Second full season we are on course to win our group and in with a real fight to retain our top four spot. All without hitting full top gear.

    Also with many injuries and our record transfer Keita yet to join.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #671  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    17,603
    Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    It may well do. But reality and the taste of your tongue are two different things altogether.
    Ouch!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #672  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    28,022
    Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    Which accounts to....one full prem season.

    Funny how you want to twist things your own way but refuse to look at it in any other way!

    First full season was a success with a top four finish.

    Second full season we are on course to win our group and in with a real fight to retain our top four spot. All without hitting full top gear.

    Also with many injuries and our record transfer Keita yet to join.
    Can't see your point on this - its wrong
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #673  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    11,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Can't see your point on this - its wrong
    Which part is wrong? None of what he said was an opinion, it was just a list of facts
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #674  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    17,603
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Which part is wrong? None of what he said was an opinion, it was just a list of facts
    We are all wrong only Ron is right.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #675  
    canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    19,075
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    I'm not it's what people say and it's with my own eyes that Klopp has been working with the squad even though the players are not to the standard needed so won't call that make up
    You clearly stated that it's "Klopp's philosophy of working with what he's got regardless if they"re not good enough". That's made up.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #676  
    canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    19,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    We are all wrong only Ron is right.
    And BH.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #677  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    28,022
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Which part is wrong? None of what he said was an opinion, it was just a list of facts
    He has written off the 1st season - he has had 117 games over 3 seasons and counting - that is fact
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #678  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Can't see your point on this - its wrong
    Lol. Yes it sure is wrong. Because you have explained how what Rodgers left us with with his 45percent win rate in his last season, poor score rate has not been improved on.

    Don't think there is anyone on here but you that does not believe that we have improved from what Rodgers left us with.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #679  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    88,503
    Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post

    Don't think there is anyone on here but you that does not believe that we have improved from what Rodgers left us with.
    Sounds like a good question for a poll!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #680  
    canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    19,075
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Sounds like a good question for a poll!
    Go on then.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #681  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    88,503
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    Go on then.
    Done, new thread.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #682  
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Sounds like a good question for a poll!
    Do it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #683  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,974
    Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    Lol. Yes it sure is wrong. Because you have explained how what Rodgers left us with with his 45percent win rate in his last season, poor score rate has not been improved on.

    Don't think there is anyone on here but you that does not believe that we have improved from what Rodgers left us with.
    Klopp arrived in the October with no pre season with the players. Had to get to know the team and get them used to his system. The team was playing terribly at that time, thats why Rodgers had to go. You can only measure Klopp fairly on his first full season, with pre season training, and this season. Any open minded person would surely see that.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #684  
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    75
    Just give Jurgen time and he will deliver.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #685  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    You've a habit of exaggerating, so a lot of what you post must be taken with a pinch of salt. Certainly not seriously.
    Exaggerating would be something like this what I read all the time on here

    Mignolet he deserves another chance as he's improved

    Only because he had a purple patch but the rest of the time when he was bang average that doesn't count


    Lovren is such an improved player Klopp has made him into a good player

    forget about his first debut season where he was the most riddled with mistakes forget that his career at Liverpool has been disastrous

    all because he had a purple patch yet again he's now considered a good player

    Klavan sudden because he played three teams what didn't offer much threat he's now all the sudden good enough for 3rd pick central Defender

    forget about how he's been bang average as well

    Moreno Again played against three teams who offered nothing in towards attack is now the most improved player in our squad

    Forgetting the fact like Lovren he's been banging average since he's been here

    Henderson divides opinion the guy is a squad option at best people want to defend him
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #686  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21,853
    Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    I think you've hit the nail on the head with BH. He does exaggerate and get carried away without thinking. I'll give him credit for one thing, he does a lot of research and means well. Got a bit of an obsession with Benitez and is pretty dogmatic in his views. I quite like his enthusiasm, although I don't agree with a lot of it, but, hey that's what a forum is for.
    At least he is not all doom and gloom like a couple of suspects who have no ideas and just pull letters out of a scrabble bag, make unintelligible sentences and post them.
    Wow didn't expect that from you thank you very much for kind words.

    The reason why I liked Rafa Benitez so much it was the most logical step up from Gerard Houllier

    not only because he's work with Valencia where he took on two the biggest teams in the world

    he had a brilliant track record with youth and his time with Real Madrid young kids and working with smaller clubs to get them promoted

    the fact that he never got to build his dream team because poor ownership I felt sorry for him

    But and this is a big but he wasn't perfect and he did a lot of things what I didn't like and I was adamant about that in my opinion

    Falling out with Ayesteran we were not quite the same when he left bust up with a lot of players especially Stevie G

    picking the wrong players in matches especially Peter Crouch European Cup

    frustrating when we needed changes and he would be late making substitutions

    -------------------------------

    Klopp was the right logical choice after Brendan Rodgers he done a few things right

    but when he obvious to anyone in football world can see there is making so many errors of judgement

    And his slow approach transfer market to a very aggressive League isn't going to get us very far

    I'm hoping that this summer they gets everything right what should have been done after the last five transfer windows and then hopefully we can go on
    Last edited by BeautifulHistory; 15-11-17 at 11:49.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #687  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21,853
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Although, writing off our season in October is pretty silly.
    Why is it silly, people talking about we can win the Premier League we can win the Champions League

    How the hell can we achieve that I don't go around talking about unachievable goals

    The only hope I have this season as the FA Cup and hopefully either Europa League spot or be some miracle the Champions League spot
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #688  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Home_and_Away View Post
    Clearly he hasn't done well enough to change your mind. But he's done well enough to impress Julen Lopetegui.

    Julen Lopetegui manages the Spanish national team. Who do you manage BeautifulHistory? Perhaps that's an indication that Senor Lopetegui knows a bit more about football than you.
    Working for a national team where you got the best Talent in the world is a judge of a very competitive Premier League which there's no other League in the world like yeah I can see the contrast is so similar
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #689  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21,853
    Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    So spending the third most in the prem was 'without backings? He won the CL in his first year. Zero prem titles in six years. We struggled to break down parked busses. The team was full of players that were never going to make it. All that with stevie g at his absolute peak and no city or spurs to deal with.

    Take your blinkers off. One rule for rafa and one for klopp with you.
    Yeah the players way sign is potential for bargain prices what a terrible decision as a back 5 have gone on to have a decent career

    We sold a a players of his for to record amount of sale

    Took Biscan , Traore, Warnock, Pongolle, Baros to win Big Ears for record time

    Nearly won it the second time with players like Pennant Gonzalez Crouch

    took our ranking in Europe to new Heights

    Competed with with Arsenal Chelsea United and later on City


    4 trophies in 6 years is not bad and it could have been easily 6 or 7 as we missed a couple of finals

    yep blanket I am
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #690  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21,853
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Before the season began actually. In fact he went one step further and claimed Klopp had also written off this season before it began based on our transfers in the summer.
    I'll transfer window was appalling to actually defend it is shocking

    In the end buying just one first team player where we needed at least 4 new ones how do defend that decision
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •