Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Jurgen Klopp - Episode IV

Nice comments regarding Klopp from Kenny.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    So far more or less everybody is raving about Pochettino and Spurs in the press/pundits, the way Kane and Alli are playing etc and we are 1 point behind them. I don't know its like we have been brainwashed into believing that we are having an average start to the season.

Salah is the signing of the season so far as well.

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by +Shriekback+ View Post
    So far more or less everybody is raving about Pochettino and Spurs in the press/pundits, the way Kane and Alli are playing etc and we are 1 point behind them. I don't know its like we have been brainwashed into believing that we are having an average start to the season.

we did have a average start. last 3 games we have picked it up

Quote Originally Posted by +Shriekback+ View Post

Some people are scared of Klopp and scared of the fact he is Liverpool manager, because he most certainly will make us title contenders eventually, even Sir Alex said he was worried about Klopp coming to Anfield. So yeah, some people want Klopp gone ASAP, because they don't want Liverpool to do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneomax View Post
    Some people are scared of Klopp and scared of the fact he is Liverpool manager, because he most certainly will make us title contenders eventually, even Sir Alex said he was worried about Klopp coming to Anfield. So yeah, some people want Klopp gone ASAP, because they don't want Liverpool to do well.
    i dont think thats true... klopp has had two difficult spells in charge so far and in both spells he was slow to alter things in order to remedy what was wrong/.

in fact most on here had spotted the changes neccesary well in advance of any such changes happening on the field..

it could be seen as a managerial flaw and he has a few.

however he is building what could be a very strong side

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    i dont think thats true... klopp has had two difficult spells in charge so far and in both spells he was slow to alter things in order to remedy what was wrong/.

in fact most on here had spotted the changes neccesary well in advance of any such changes happening on the field..

Well we are on the verge of qualifying for the knockout stages of the champions league for the first time in 6 years. Regardless of a few bad transfer windows, noone can say he has not made progress and damn good progress.

Well we are on the verge of qualifying for the knockout stages of the champions league for the first time in 6 years. Regardless of a few bad transfer windows, noone can say he has not made progress and damn good progress.
    lets see if he can retain champions league spot... that would indicate progress.

i dont like his transfer policy at times. the vvd or nothing in summer was ridiculous, and the asking reporters to name 5 defenders better than what he had has made him look foolish.

i understand that he has specific targets but theres more than one ideal player for each position in your team out there.

he left us short at the back after summer so it will be his own fault if he doesnt make top four. the worry then is that he may be sacked too soon because if he is given time and patience i do believe he is capable of building an extraordinary team.

just looking at his major signings for us so far. salah mane keita gini and matip... its 3 worldies and 2 very good footballers so he does know what he is doing.

if he can add 3-4 more of that quality to the squad then we ll be a force to be reckoned with.

its gonna be an interesting rest of the season. our form is starting to come and our front four look scary dangerous. the problem is other teams look better than us at this point, notably city and united and chelsea. spurs have been ahead of us for a few seasons so getting into the top four again is no easy task.

Klopp has certainly changed how we play, we don't seem open anymore, and play more on the counter.
    There has been a tactical change in defence and offensive situations, the formation changes between the two.

lets see if he can retain champions league spot... that would indicate progress.

i dont like his transfer policy at times. the vvd or nothing in summer was ridiculous, and the asking reporters to name 5 defenders better than what he had has made him look foolish.

i understand that he has specific targets but theres more than one ideal player for each position in your team out there.

he left us short at the back after summer so it will be his own fault if he doesnt make top four. the worry then is that he may be sacked too soon because if he is given time and patience i do believe he is capable of building an extraordinary team.

just looking at his major signings for us so far. salah mane keita gini and matip... its 3 worldies and 2 very good footballers so he does know what he is doing.

if he can add 3-4 more of that quality to the squad then we ll be a force to be reckoned with.

its gonna be an interesting rest of the season. our form is starting to come and our front four look scary dangerous. the problem is other teams look better than us at this point, notably city and united and chelsea. spurs have been ahead of us for a few seasons so getting into the top four again is no easy task.
    I dont think they look better than us, only City perhaps, but even they look beatable and they wont go unbeaten this season. I think we have had harder fixtures than the others and we are hitting form at the right time with players returning, it is still all to play for.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    Klopp has certainly changed how we play, we don't seem open anymore, and play more on the counter.
    There has been a tactical change in defence and offensive situations, the formation changes between the two.
    there has yes .. and he had to make the change. he was quicker in spotting the problems at the start of this season compared to last february where he looked lost at times

i dont think there are too many on here that want klopp sacked. the recent poll suggests that most think he is making progress however slow it is.

I dont think they look better than us, only City perhaps, but even they look beatable and they wont go unbeaten this season. I think we have had harder fixtures than the others and we are hitting form at the right time with players returning, it is still all to play for.
    they do look better than us.. i think city united chelsea spurs have all looked beter and more balanced than us but we are slowly improving and starting to look a match for any of them. we could have beaten city on that day if it werent for mane s red card

and it is all to play for, as you say we have been more compact defensively in recent games and have turned a corner after what was a pretty rough start to the season( i dont think the coutinho saga helped at all) and there is hope that we can hunt down the teams above us.

canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    they do look better than us.. i think city united chelsea spurs have all looked beter and more balanced than us but we are slowly improving and starting to look a match for any of them. we could have beaten city on that day if it werent for mane s red card

and it is all to play for, as you say we have been more compact defensively in recent games and have turned a corner after what was a pretty rough start to the season( i dont think the coutinho saga helped at all) and there is hope that we can hunt down the teams above us.
    We have Chelsea, Stoke, Brighton, Everton, West Brom, Bournemouth, Arsenal, Swansea, Leicester and Burnley before we face City in mid January. If our recent form is any indication, we could have a good run there and be breathing down their neck by that time.

TattooedByAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Been longer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedByAgger View Post
    Been longer than that.
    last we played in ko stages of cl was in 2009..

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    last we played in ko stages of cl was in 2009..
    Yet if we make it to the last 16 Klopp hasn't improved us since our group was so easy...or something.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Yet if we make it to the last 16 Klopp hasn't improved us since our group was so easy...or something.
    We scraped to 4. We had the easiest group going. Let's not get carried away

Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Yeh, great example, exactly what I'm talking about, cheers.

Yes, we are getting soooo carried away because we can see progress in front of our eyes. Something we have not seen for quite a while!

Easiest group?
    Last edited by LordJamieOfCarragher; Yesterday at 19:46.

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Quote Originally Posted by sgRED View Post
    Easiest group? .

Easiest group?
    You're not allowed to say things like that! Like us not winning the Europe league and having one of the hardest runs in it. Yet United win it playing much inferior sides but apparently that's 'excuses' lol.
    Last edited by LordJamieOfCarragher; Yesterday at 19:51.

Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    You're not allowed to say things like that! Like us not winning the Europe league and having one of the hardest runs in it. Yet United win it playing much inferior sides but apparently that's 'excuses' lol.
    LJOC edited it.

Easiest group? .
    Absolutely.

Their 1-1-2 record with 2 goals scored against the top half of the table isn't that impressive either...

City are definitely beatable. If Maguire puts the ball 2 inches to the left it's 1-1 and a different game, instead he tonked the post square on and sprang a City break (and loafed his way back to his position exacerbating the situation). If the ref has a set and gives Kompany the red he deserved it's a different game. They are very good on the attack but for all the money spent on it their defense isn't so hot.

Spurs are going to have trouble without Alderweireld. Chelsea's back line is no better than ours with sideshow Bob and Cahill featuring. The top 6 all have their issues and all can be devastating on their day. It is going to be an interesting race to the finish for the CL spots (City may hold off any sort of challenge but I wouldn't be surprised to see them fall back to the chasing pack).

LJOC edited it.
    Oh dear. What did I write?

Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    Oh dear. What did I write?
    He edited mine. 😅

Don't know the exact stats for this but it seems like Klopp is rotating the team more this season which should help us avoid the problems we had last January. Some of it is obviously down to injuries but he is definitely freshening things up more often.

A good example is Joe and Trent - they're young players, who will no doubt still be getting used to the pressure and probably using up a lot of mental energy, so getting a break every now and then is the perfect way to help them cope. Hopefully they both stay fit. If one was to get injured before Clyne is back I would expect Milner to start rotating with the other one at RB.

Getting knocked out of the LC early was a blow in terms of getting younger player games but a blessing in that this coming January we won't have 2 extra games to deal with. At roughly this stage last year after the intl break we drew 0-0 away at Saints and it was the end of the blistering autumn when we were flying - hopefully this rotation will help us as the season progresses.
    everything in moderation, including moderation.

canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by RedKev68 View Post
    Don't know the exact stats for this but it seems like Klopp is rotating the team more this season which should help us avoid the problems we had last January. Some of it is obviously down to injuries but he is definitely freshening things up more often.

A good example is Joe and Trent - they're young players, who will no doubt still be getting used to the pressure and probably using up a lot of mental energy, so getting a break every now and then is the perfect way to help them cope. Hopefully they both stay fit. If one was to get injured before Clyne is back I would expect Milner to start rotating with the other one at RB.

Getting knocked out of the LC early was a blow in terms of getting younger player games but a blessing in that this coming January we won't have 2 extra games to deal with. At roughly this stage last year after the intl break we drew 0-0 away at Saints and it was the end of the blistering autumn when we were flying - hopefully this rotation will help us as the season progresses.
    Don't make any sense on here, you'll stick out like a sore thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    Don't make any sense on here, you'll stick out like a sore thumb.
    Hahaha - like you positives make any sense - excuses, acceptance, puppy dog eyes for failure

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Hahaha - like you positives make any sense - excuses, acceptance, puppy dog eyes for failure
    Or the other way round for you! Lol. No answers!