Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we really need Coutinho?

Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    Um, why would we refuse £100m+ and then accept £80m?
    I donít know, I just think that the £100million offer was because of the Neymar transfer. I donít think itís a permanent change to the transfer market. It was a one time spike.

I could be/I hope Iím wrong.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Um, why would we refuse £100m+ and then accept £80m?
    Because FSG are money grabbing cu...wait?

Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Quote Originally Posted by IFC View Post
    I donít know, I just think that the £100million offer was because of the Neymar transfer. I donít think itís a permanent change to the transfer market. It was a one time spike.

I hope you are correct, because it means Coutinho is staying.

At the moment we do need him because we lack players who can pass the ball effectively from long range/shoot from long range. If we can find a player who can do both of those things, we can hapilly sell Coutinho.

A better question is, "would we be a better team with whatever players we can get for the 120mil we get for him?"

Say we had a choice of Lamar and Vvd or Coutinho... What would you choose?
    Last edited by Shed; 5-11-17 at 17:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed View Post
    A better question is, would we be a better team with whatever players we can get for the 120mil we get for him.

defo Lamar and VVD.

A better question is, would we be a better team with whatever players we can get for the 120mil we get for him.

Lamar and VVD.

What a crazy thread of course we don't need him, just keep selling our best players if we don't want to succeed.
    Last edited by RedG0ld+Green; 5-11-17 at 17:14.

A better question is, "would we be a better team with whatever players we can get for the 120mil we get for him?"

Coutinho. Vvd is overrated and we should be able to buy a CB without Coutinho's sale. Also, Lemar looks a bit lightweight, I prefer Draxler personally.

We need to be adding to our squad, not subtracting from it - provided the ultimate aim is to have us become a top side challenging for the title on a relatively consistent basis, that is.

At some stage we are going to have to have a big window where we bring in 2-3 absolutely top class players, without offsetting those arrivals with losing our current top players. In the above example, we would need Coutinho as well as VVD and Lamar.

Now, Coutinho may go, perhaps its very likely. But only spending that £100m we get for him and ending with a relatively small net spend means we will simply tread water, again. And that should be obvious, really. Unless we have an amazing youth production system where we are able to increase the "market value" of our squad without spending (i.e. Spurs with Kane and Alli), then we are going to stay right where we are if we continue to heavily balance our transfers. Its unfortunate, but its true.

Yes we do!

Quote Originally Posted by IFC View Post

He could end up in psg with unhappy neymar

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    He could end up in psg with unhappy neymar
    100 million + Draxler.

timo werner and vvd

Quote Originally Posted by Warten Auf 19 View Post
    Coutinho. Vvd is overrated and we should be able to buy a CB without Coutinho's sale. Also, Lemar looks a bit lightweight, I prefer Draxler personally.
    klopp wants to go with pace upfront mane & salah its also why he got ox chamberlain who also has pace,the idea was then to move coutinio to a number 8 or maybe 10,the problem is coutiniho has played as a 8 three times this season all 1-1 draws.so the question is if coutiniho as an 8 doesn't work is there a place in the team for him would anyone drop mane or salah so coutiniho can move back on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by ravo19 View Post
    timo werner and vvd
    Timo Werner who doesn't like loud noises?

He'll love Anfield then.

Interesting question. It seems the team actually stepped up in his absence.

Phil is a fantastic player, but dare I say that we are more balanced without Phil and more players take responsibility? Phil doesn't track back as well as the others, but awesome going forward. Of course this depends on the opposition, but I've been impressed how well we have coped without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneomax View Post
    At the moment we do need him because we lack players who can pass the ball effectively from long range/shoot from long range. If we can find a player who can do both of those things, we can hapilly sell Coutinho.
    And score free kicks

Think after the "backache, great sadness" saga in summer, Klopp has already began planning life without Phil. Hence, Ox came in early to get used to the system even though 40 million is still way too much.

Look at Saturday 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 or whatever you want to call it, it can easily operate with or without Phil.

Ox will be dropped to the bench while Phil either takes the no 10 role with Salah back to the wing and both of them together with Bobby and Mane can be the fluid front 4 Klopp craves for. Or he takes the deep playmaker role alongside with Can/Gini.

Quote Originally Posted by sgRED View Post
    Think after the "backache, great sadness" saga in summer, Klopp has already began planning life without Phil. Hence, Ox came in early to get used to the system even though 40 million is still way too much.

Look at Saturday 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 or whatever you want to call it, it can easily operate with or without Phil.

Ox will be dropped to the bench while Phil either takes the no 10 role with Salah back to the wing and both of them together with Bobby and Mane can be the fluid front 4 Klopp craves for. Or he takes the deep playmaker role alongside with Can/Gini.
    I think coutinho should come in where mane was and mane should take the spot ox was in on the right, leaving salah as no10/ second striker finding space

Quote Originally Posted by don0124lfc View Post
    I think coutinho should come in where mane was and mane should take the spot ox was in on the right, leaving salah as no10/ second striker finding space
    That's the beauty of our front 4 consist of Bobby, Mane, Phil and Salah. Defenders just don't know who is playing where.

Mane-----Firmino-----Salah

Coutinho-----------Keita

Can

That team could challenge in any league (if they had a solid defence behind them lol).

Yes, we need Coutinho. Especially against teams sitting deep at Anfield.

Timo Werner who doesn't like loud noises?

He'll love Anfield then.
    earplugs? any way all football grounds are noisy

klopp will want the no 10 to press,which will suit firminio or Lallana but not coutiniho.let coutiniho go and buy top striker.

said it before say it again 4 2 3 1

hendo-keita

salah--firminio/Lallana--mane

timo werner?

Quote Originally Posted by ravo19 View Post
    klopp will want the no 10 to press,which will suit firminio or Lallana but not coutiniho.let coutiniho go and buy top striker.

said it before say it again 4 2 3 1

hendo-keita

salah--firminio/Lallana--mane

timo werner?
    Agree. But i would swap Hendo with Phil to pair with Keita if we are not going ahead with the new striker.

And also is a well known fact that Klopp will go for Lemar if Phil leaves. That's why I'm not that concern compare to our CB and GK. 😅

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I was talking about Firmino
    Erm, I don't get your point? I said Bobby could do a good job in Couts position, so if Couts floats about, then Bobby can.

Quote Originally Posted by don0124lfc View Post
    And score free kicks
    and scores penalties lolol

Yes, the way he has been setting up the team suggests that Phil will leave.

The way we are playing now, I'd rather Phil be relegated to the bench, why change a winning formula? Get him on when we actually need his guile.

interesting ... maby not as much as we thought

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect

Of course we're planning ahead with him leaving in mind, but that doesn't mean Klopp is going to change his formation/the way we play, if he leaves we will get someone else in?

We played one game with a formation that can 'easily operate with or without Phil' (although Phil could've still played on the left or behind the striker I suspect) most likely because we currently don't have Phil and Klopp thought this was a formation that worked well with what we have. I don't think it was a case of 'well this is what we're going to be playing when Phil leaves lads, so best start getting used to it now'.