Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 275

Thread: Do we really need Coutinho?

  1. #211  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,853
    I don't want to criticise phillipe, but I think JK is now in a no win situation over coutinho and Can. If he's not going to put in the same commitment to his team-mates as he has in previous seasons way back (bearing in mind he's a much better player now) then we shouldn't of stopped Barcelona from signing him.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #212  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    17,137
    .........
    Last edited by LordJamieOfCarragher; 13-11-17 at 12:22. Reason: Seeking to provoke other forum users
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #213  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    25,344
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    I don’t pay any attention to that stuff tbh, it’s a new story everyday. He was off to PSG to be with 'unhappy Neymar' a few days ago, god knows what it’ll be tomorrow.

    The two injury recoveries for international duty seem strange, though, and I hadn’t previously questioned his professionalism.
    Klopp already made it clear there was a strong chance he would be fit for the Southampton game, there is no surprise he is fit to play for his country.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #214  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    17,137
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    Klopp already made it clear there was a strong chance he would be fit for the Southampton game, there is no surprise he is fit to play for his country.
    Not a problem in isolation, but it’s slightly more interesting in conjunction with the previous recovery to play for Brazil.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #215  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    25,344
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Not a problem in isolation, but it’s slightly more interesting in conjunction with the previous recovery to play for Brazil.
    You're adding 2+2 and getting 7....

    Out of interests did you have him down as definitely gone last summer?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #216  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    17,137
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    You're adding 2+2 and getting 7....
    Not really.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #217  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,844
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    You're adding 2+2 and getting 7....
    Exactly?

    There is way too many conspiracy theories on here.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #218  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    16,538
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Not a problem in isolation, but it’s slightly more interesting in conjunction with the previous recovery to play for Brazil.
    Its called the fat Ronaldo syndrome
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #219  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    25,344
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Not really.
    As things stand the club's stance remains the same, Coutinho is not forsale until they say different.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #220  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    17,137
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    You're adding 2+2 and getting 7....

    Out of interests did you have him down as definitely gone last summer?
    Overall, I’d say no, I was quite confident with FSG's position, as I am now. But there were times where it looked like it might be for the best, like when he was injured the last time, but recovered to be fully fit for Brazil.

    But it’s obviously just a coincidence it’s happened again, so that’s bonus for us.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #221  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    25,344
    Again I repeat we do need the likes of Coutinho in our squad unless we can find better.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #222  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,844
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    As things stand the club's stance remains the same, Coutinho is not forsale until they say different.
    Try telling others that, they seem to be unable to understand logic.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #223  
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Try telling others that, they seem to be unable to understand logic.
    unless coutinho was asked to give us one more season.

    he will be gone before start of next season and his money will make us stronger.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #224  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    22,372
    I don't know how anyone can honestly say we don't need the little magician
    Last edited by Thebeastyboy; 15-11-17 at 11:38.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #225  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    I don't know how any can honestly say we don't need the little magician
    An awful thread, yet same posters will go on a different thread an cry about the abundance of quality that our rivals have got.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #226  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    22,372
    Quote Originally Posted by rederman View Post
    An awful thread, yet same posters will go on a different thread an cry about the abundance of quality that our rivals have got.
    Idiots
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #227  
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    I don't know how any can honestly say we don't need the little magician
    he is a great player but would swop him for a top class striker.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #228  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    22,372
    Quote Originally Posted by ravo19 View Post
    he is a great player but would swop him for a top class striker.
    Possibly but would have to be a world class striker
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #229  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    Possibly but would have to be a world class striker
    (shudder) Oooh, memories of that awful 'World Class' thread debate.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #230  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,305
    How did he perform last night. I only got to watch 5 minutes of match and he was playing right attacking midfield.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #231  
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,425
    Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    How did he perform last night. I only got to watch 5 minutes of match and he was playing right attacking midfield.
    Far from his best game.

    Felt like a combination of slight ring rust, and being played out of position.

    However him getting 67mins is good for us, and he looked fit enough to feature at the weekend.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #232  
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,425
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    I don't want to criticise phillipe, but I think JK is now in a no win situation over coutinho and Can. If he's not going to put in the same commitment to his team-mates as he has in previous seasons way back (bearing in mind he's a much better player now) then we shouldn't of stopped Barcelona from signing him.
    I haven't seen any signs of him not putting in 100% since the window shut. He's had a genuine injury the last few games, but before that he was scoring and assisting.

    The bigger question mark surrounding Phil is if everyone is fit, and we are playing the 4-4-2 shape (something I think we will see more, especially away from home) then where does he fit in? - nice situation for us to have!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #233  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,844
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky95 View Post
    I haven't seen any signs of him not putting in 100% since the window shut. He's had a genuine injury the last few games, but before that he was scoring and assisting.

    The bigger question mark surrounding Phil is if everyone is fit, and we are playing the 4-4-2 shape (something I think we will see more, especially away from home) then where does he fit in? - nice situation for us to have!
    Well that's easy.

    If we deploy that 4-4-2 shape as we did against West Ham, he plays just off FIrmino in a central role with Salah and Mane flanking either side. It's a combination of a 4-4-2/4-3-3/4-2-4/4-5-1 formation depending on whether we're attacking or defending.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #234  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,305
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky95 View Post
    Far from his best game.

    Felt like a combination of slight ring rust, and being played out of position.

    However him getting 67mins is good for us, and he looked fit enough to feature at the weekend.
    Good job. For the 5 minutes i watched he didn't pose a threat right mid against our defence. Back to the left Coutinho
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #235  
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8,573
    On paper he is our best player, but for whatever reason I don't believe his departure would feel anywhere near as bad as it did when Suarez left. Despite all his, let's call them, eccentricities, you got the feeling that it was a genuine privilege to go and see him (Suarez) play. As good as PHIL is, I genuinely believe you can replace what he gives you - maybe you can replace it with someone already at the club.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #236  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpool8 View Post
    On paper he is our best player, but for whatever reason I don't believe his departure would feel anywhere near as bad as it did when Suarez left. Despite all his, let's call them, eccentricities, you got the feeling that it was a genuine privilege to go and see him (Suarez) play. As good as PHIL is, I genuinely believe you can replace what he gives you - maybe you can replace it with someone already at the club.
    true.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #237  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,844
    Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    true.
    Someone of the ilk of Kevin De Bruyne or Pablo Dybala could replace Phil Coutinho. No less.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #238  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Someone of the ilk of Kevin De Bruyne or Pablo Dybala could replace Phil Coutinho. No less.
    There are replacements. They might take time to adjust or be like a Salah, we'd never know. When he goes we'll get better.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #239  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,238
    iam reading barca will get greizman and coutinho.
    get fekir from lyon.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #240  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,305
    Quote Originally Posted by mihamiha23 View Post
    iam reading barca will get greizman and coutinho.
    get fekir from lyon.
    never worry about Barca.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •