Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When Will Spurs Win a Trophy?

1. #1 Default When Will Spurs Win a Trophy? 
    Not that we've won much recently (1 League Cup in 11 years).

But Spurs - lovely young team though they are - still haven't won anything this century other than a League Cup in 2008.

Can anyone see them actually winning trophies, or will they be the bridesmaid for the foreseeable future?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by JesalTV View Post

But Spurs - lovely young team though they are - still haven't won anything this century other than a League Cup in 2008.

Can anyone see them actually winning trophies, or will they be the bridesmaid for the foreseeable future?
    so you didnt create a Suso thread after all the spamming , but chose to create a Spurs one instead?
    Dont know which ones more irrelevant ;

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect

Can see them perhaps winning a domestic cup, don't think they'll win the league. Before the season I thought they might have a chance if they kicked on a didn't sell any of their main players, but they didn't really add much to their squad (Davinson was a good signing, and Aurier was a good replacement for Walker though) and don't think they quite have the depth to match City - who I think will win the title comfortably this season. Also had a few iffy results at Wembley early on but I think they are over that now, what with smashing us and Real there recently. I could see them finishing 2nd again though quite easily. And I think they could go far in the CL, they had a solid group and they navigated it brilliantly, and on their day they can beat anyone.

If they sign Suso however, I think they'll win everything

Are you ok mate?

Who cares - we should come first - if we are good enough

Will Spurs win a trophy?

Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Will Spurs win a trophy?

Who cares?
    JesalTv.

Next will be "Will AC win Europa League this season?"

Quote Originally Posted by sgRED View Post
    Next will be "Will AC win Europa League this season?"
    Or will Suso win the Ballon D'or?

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Not in the near future

not bothered

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Can see them perhaps winning a domestic cup, don't think they'll win the league. Before the season I thought they might have a chance if they kicked on a didn't sell any of their main players, but they didn't really add much to their squad (Davinson was a good signing, and Aurier was a good replacement for Walker though) and don't think they quite have the depth to match City - who I think will win the title comfortably this season. Also had a few iffy results at Wembley early on but I think they are over that now, what with smashing us and Real there recently. I could see them finishing 2nd again though quite easily. And I think they could go far in the CL, they had a solid group and they navigated it brilliantly, and on their day they can beat anyone.

If they sign Suso however, I think they'll win everything
    Nearly sprayed coffee over the laptop at that one.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    This season will probably be their best chance to win one right?

Challenging City for the league, flying high in the CL, can see them having a good FA cup run too...

If not, can't see them doing it to be honest. Plus I think they had better chances to win the league that this season and still ended up 3rd!
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Don't care if they do or don't.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular

Nice little dig at our past 11 years. Thing is though, you should change the title to when Spurs will actually reach any final? I mean, at least we have been in the finals!
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Typical international break thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Nice little dig at our past 11 years. Thing is though, you should change the title to when Spurs will actually reach any final? I mean, at least we have been in the finals!
    Exactly

Apparently Spurs have a better manager than us despite the fact our manager has won two Bundesligas, 4 domestic cups and got to the Champions League Final. Pochettino is superior despite the fact he once got to a semi final. He's also won less than Moyes.

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Or will Suso win the Ballon D'or?
    no chance it ll be bendtner or balotelli for sure

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    no chance it ll be bendtner or balotelli for sure
    Nah I reckon Carlton Palmer with the fancy haircut will win it.

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    If he stays longer they will every chance of winning trophies, but I feel they won't because Poch will be heading to Real Madrid very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by +Shriekback+ View Post
    If he stays longer they will every chance of winning trophies, but I feel they won't because Poch will be heading to Real Madrid very soon.
    I don't think so. Why? They aren't ambitious enough. Some clubs reach a ceiling and con't go above that. Spurs overall lack of ambition was demonstrated on whom they signed and whom they failed to sign. They rejected the chance to sign Sadio Mane due to his wage demands, which in context were not extremely high. He was reportly demanding 90,000 a week and Spurs wouldn't pay it. He got 25% more than that at Liverpool.

If you've got ambition, then you pay the going rate. How long will Harry Kane and Delle Alli stay there when they are not winning medals? There are lesser players earning more than both. Christian Benteke at Crystal Palace earns more than Harry Kane.

Kane and Alli will follow Kyle Walker and leave Spurs to earn more money and further their careers.

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    I don't think so. Why? They aren't ambitious enough. Some clubs reach a ceiling and con't go above that. Spurs overall lack of ambition was demonstrated on whom they signed and whom they failed to sign. They rejected the chance to sign Sadio Mane due to his wage demands, which in context were not extremely high. He was reportly demanding 90,000 a week and Spurs wouldn't pay it. He got 25% more than that at Liverpool.

If you've got ambition, then you pay the going rate. How long will Harry Kane and Delle Alli stay there when they are not winning medals? There are lesser players earning more than both. Christian Benteke at Crystal Palace earns more than Harry Kane.

Kane and Alli will follow Kyle Walker and leave Spurs to earn more money and further their careers.
    Thats the key issue, their team will eventually be dismantled and I don't think the manager will be there much longer.

they will not win the league they had their chance when vardy and company won it.now your have big hitter spending crazy.we have more chance if klopp fixes our defence and gets a dm we score alot just have to cut out the conceding part.folks can think what they like in klopp i trust.
    Last edited by firmino.no.9; 14-11-17 at 16:24.

Quote Originally Posted by firmino.no.9 View Post
    they will not win the league.
    Seriously? Man United have more of a chance and they have no hope and Bob hope.

they will not win it.

Seriously? Man United have more of a chance and they have no hope and Bob hope.

Quote Originally Posted by +Shriekback+ View Post
    Thats the key issue, their team will eventually be dismantled and I don't think the manager will be there much longer.
    They need to hit the heights now or the top players will be vulnerable. As much as clubs see the big money around at the moment as keeping them safe from poachers, bottom line is the very big spenders will get what they want. Owners are quite greedy and offers like 100m+ bandied around are very hard to resist.

spudz may win a cup in the next few seasons, only way I can see them winning the league is if they become a chelski or citeh and have a big cash injection from their (new) owners (if that happens)
    People will believe what they want to believe

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    They need to hit the heights now or the top players will be vulnerable. As much as clubs see the big money around at the moment as keeping them safe from poachers, bottom line is the very big spenders will get what they want. Owners are quite greedy and offers like 100m+ bandied around are very hard to resist.

spudz may win a cup in the next few seasons, only way I can see them winning the league is if they become a chelski or citeh and have a big cash injection from their (new) owners (if that happens)
    I think they could win the league without a sugar daddy, but they'd need to hope Chelsea and City and like have another 'off' season and they keep playing the way they have been and keep hold of their key players (and hope a team like Leicester doesn't miraculously outperform everyone else like last time).

It's interesting though, if Klopp had Liverpool playing and performing exactly as Spurs are now (and have been for quite a while) I suspect most people would be calling him a miracle worker and would be full of hope that the title would only be a matter of time, whereas the general view on here about Spurs is that they are nothing that special and won't win anything and will lose their best players and have hit their peak, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    I think they could win the league without a sugar daddy, but they'd need to hope Chelsea and City and like have another 'off' season and they keep playing the way they have been and keep hold of their key players (and hope a team like Leicester doesn't miraculously outperform everyone else like last time).

It's interesting though, if Klopp had Liverpool playing and performing exactly as Spurs are now (and have been for quite a while) I suspect most people would be calling him a miracle worker and would be full of hope that the title would only be a matter of time, whereas the general view on here about Spurs is that they are nothing that special and won't win anything and will lose their best players and have hit their peak, etc.
    Well I think klopp is a miracle worker...I mean getting top 4 with players like moreno,lovren, migs, klavan etc is nothing short of miracle.

Spurs missed their chance when Leicester won the league. That was the year they should have done it. Last year, Chelsea were too good. Now, City are ahead. Spurs won't win the league this decade - then, as Darkness said, their best players will get picked off.

Tbh my point with this thread is:

1) Spurs get a massive amount of praise considering they never win anything, but...

2) They also deserve praise for being a well run club, a tight ship and still getting 2nd twice in a row... Also have their new stadium coming soon.

They should really try and win a cup this year. They could do well in the CL (Poch is basically the new Benitez in many ways - although Rafa has actually won loads of stuff) but they should at least try to win the FA Cup. Psychologically it would help them.