Notices
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suso Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGoal View Post
    No, Coutinho on the left (or central) and Suso on the right would have been the correct choice.
    No. Brendan had Raheem Sterling for that Who was a much better player
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    No. Brendan had Raheem Sterling for that Who was a much better player
    Sterling played on the left, coutinho more central.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    That's not the whole picture though is it? BR made up his mind early on that he wasn't going to be part of his plans, and refused to give him games, even Ibe got more games. So knowing that manager doesn't really want you, why would he sign? Effectively BR forced him out, if club really wanted him then we would have offered him contract that said "we want you here"

2017 stats 11 game 5 goals and 6 assists (or something like that) for milan...
    Milan loaned him out...so he wasn't ready for them either when he arrived there.

2 years on he looks a good player...but it doesn't follow he'd have developed as fast here.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Milan loaned him out...so he wasn't ready for them either when he arrived there.

2 years on he looks a good player...but it doesn't follow he'd have developed as fast here.
    Maybe that had something to do with change in the management shortly after he arrived? Inzaghi got sacked at the end of the season and Mihajlovic arrived.

I agree that under BR he'd never developed here, he'd not have played enough games, but can only guess what maybe have been under Klopp. The lesson here, I think, is that young players need games more than anything else and trust of the manager.
    Last edited by MachineGoal; 10-11-17 at 19:34.

No, Coutinho on the left (or central) and Suso on the right would have been the correct choice.
    You’re the one making things up. Suso wanted to play as the 10 - that was Coutinho. He was then up against players like Sterling/Lallana by the time he was ready for Pro Football. Brendan had players than Suso at the time so made the right decision.

Suso thought he was ready to fight for a place against Coutinho/Sterling/Lallana. Brendan also had Suarez/Sturridge/Gerrard/Emre/Hendo/Allen Rodgers... loads of players who would have been a part of his plans before he looked at Suso.

Suso made his debut looked like he wasn't out of place for Liverpool

He lone back to Spain the first couple of months he looked a world beater

Similar mould to David Silver but probably lacking the ability to reach that level

So too early would have been great squad player pushing for a first team place by now

Maybe that had something to do with change in the management shortly after he arrived? Inzaghi got sacked at the end of the season and Mihajlovic arrived.

I agree that under BR he'd never developed here, he'd not have played enough games, but can only guess what maybe have been under Klopp. But the lesson here is, I think, is that young players need games more than anything else and trust of the manager.
    I agree...and if that trust isn't there, the player needs to move on.

I thought he was great for the U21s...but I couldn't see a pathway into a regular first team spot for us.

Even under Klopp certain positions are locked out for our talented youngsters...and they will need to make big leaps to become even trusted squad players...and time...lots of time.

Sterling played on the left, coutinho more central.
    Sterling played as many games on right as he did on the left I think? His best season (13/14) he played behind the Strikers on the top of the diamond

when we sold sterling

felt that we should have kept Suso playing with Coutinho and Lallana

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    when we sold sterling

felt that we should have kept Suso playing with Coutinho and Lallana
    It was not much good here I'm sorry to say.

Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    It was not much good here I'm sorry to say.
    He made a handful of games for Liverpool and didn't look out of place in the Premier League

It's the same with a couple of Chelsea Rejects who wasn't given a chance one of them ended up at Liverpool

Don't judge a player because he can't please the manager

He made a handful of games for Liverpool and didn't look out of place in the Premier League

It's the same with a couple of Chelsea Rejects who wasn't given a chance one of them ended up at Liverpool

Suso became a better last year. Prior to that he was on loan and not getting in the Milan side.

He looked ok for us but was obviously very young and raw.

It's a shame he left but he chose to leave and the club wanted him to stay.

lol you just compared Salah’s 2x 6 month spells at Chelsea to Suso’s 5 odd years here?

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Since when was Suso one if our best players? When he played for the first team, he didn't stand out.
    He was one of our best YOUNG players. A talent we neither managed to use or sell.

Suso made his debut looked like he wasn't out of place for Liverpool

He lone back to Spain the first couple of months he looked a world beater

Similar mould to David Silver but probably lacking the ability to reach that level

So too early would have been great squad player pushing for a first team place by now
    He never looked world beater during his time in Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    He wasn't good for us. He had a chance, 20 appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Well surely you can't retain them all?

He had a plethora of senior players ahead of him for his specific positions...and all of them better. He was not going to displace the likes of Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino, and since he's left we've brought in Mane and Salah.
    What, they can't all play at once or something?!

If I recall there was rumours of discipline issues and he did refuse a new deal. Still only 23, so we'll know in the next few years if we did lose a diamond for **** all I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    What time was that then? The Cadiz youth team? A loan spell at 19-20 with Almeria?

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Wrong post.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    He was one of our best YOUNG players. A talent we neither managed to use or sell.
    Agreed. He was one of our best young players.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

I'm glad he progressed on to be a very good player and he has proven it was a mistake not to give him more time on the pitch at this club.
    Good luck to him, but I can't see him coming back here.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    I'm glad he progressed on to be a very good player and he has proven it was a mistake not to give him more time on the pitch at this club.
    Good luck to him, but I can't see him coming back here.
    Problem was he was not good enough at 18-19. We needed him to hang around until he got better. He did not wish to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    Problem was he was not good enough at 18-19. We needed him to hang around until he got better. He did not wish to stay.
    Why would he stay when he wasn't getting any oppotunities to prove he was good enough, it's a vicious circle sometimes. Unfortunately it looks like we let a good player slip through the net.

Why would he stay when he wasn't getting any opportunities to prove he was good enough, it's a vicious circle sometimes. Unfortunately it looks like we let a good player slip through the net.
    He was loaned out for a year at Milan too...so he wasn't good enough for them at that point either...which makes that point...err...pointless.

The only thing that changed for him in his first 18 months, was that he got a big signing on bonus and better weather.

By the time he broke through at Milan, Klopp had already been here for half a season...so maybe the "error", if there actually was one, was by Suso...not the club.

He was loaned out for a year at Milan too...so he wasn't good enough for them at that point either...which makes that point...err...pointless.

The only thing that changed for him in his first 18 months, was that he got a big signing on bonus and better weather.

By the time he broke through at Milan, Klopp had already been here for half a season...so maybe the "error", if there actually was one, was by Suso...not the club.
    The only way to become good enough is to play regular football, no one can tell me they couldn't see any potential in this player. It's like what Milan did with Coutinho, same sort of thing, loaned him out in spani brought him back and then sold him for £6m to us.
    Any player with ambition would want to play regular football, the mistake our club made was not recognizing the potential we had and this is the reason we didn't do enough to keep him here.

The only way to become good enough is to play regular football, no one can tell me they couldn't see any potential in this player. It's like what Milan did with Coutinho, same sort of thing, loaned him out in spani brought him back and then sold him for £6m to us.
    Any player with ambition would want to play regular football, the mistake our club made was not recognizing the potential we had and this is the reason we didn't do enough to keep him here.
    Even now though, he'd still only be on our bench.

I actually thought of him fairly recently as a possible solution to our club trained UEFA quota shortage but there's surely no way he'd come back just to play second fiddle to Mane/Salah/Coutinho - I understand he usually plays RWF in a similar sort of fashion to Coutinho playing LWF last season.

I was a bit disappointed when he left, but he couldn't get in our team then and probably wouldn't get in now either.

So when David ngog was a 'talent', should we have played him over torres just because we need to develop him?

No, you play your best players or the ones that are the best fit for the near future. Suso was pretty far off at the time.

As stuzza said, he would still only just make the bench.

The aim would have been to keep him, ease him in with a few games here and there or send him on loan again.

That's one of the unknowns of the situation, but I suspect part of Suso's position may well have been that he felt he was first team ready and he didn't want to be sent out on loan again, which was probably what we had in mind for him. After having a closer look at him it seems Milan agreed with our assessment that he wasn't ready for a club of our level.

Much like Jerome Sinclair more recently, who left for Watford because he didn't want to go on loan again...before failing to make a mark there and going out on loan...where he also failed to impress and he's now back at Watford, not even getting games at U23 level - was that our mistake or his?
    Last edited by ***Stuzzza***; 11-11-17 at 13:50.

Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    Was he really? I think people are getting a little carried away with his ‘upturn’ at Milan. That could be down to the manager and his tactics? I hear Borini is doing very well in that team too, do we need a Fabio Borini thread as well?

Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    So when David ngog was a 'talent', should we have played him over torres just because we need to develop him?

No, you play your best players or the ones that are the best fit for the near future. Suso was pretty far off at the time.

As stuzza said, he would still only just make the bench.

The aim would have been to keep him, ease him in with a few games here and there or send him on loan again.
    Don't know why the sudden interest in Suso. The club deemed him not good enough, and I agree with that. How many young players do some people expect to keep on the books? He certainly wouldn't be any nearer playing now for us than he was then.