Notices
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 114

Thread: Suso Discussion Thread

  1. #1 Default Suso Discussion Thread 
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    24,376
    Debate away.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2  
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,555
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Debate away.
    So after locking 7 Suso threads today, you made one yourself.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #3  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    17,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    So after locking 7 Suso threads today, you made one yourself.


    But I believe you’ll find it was 9 Suso threads closed prior to opening this one.

    And I suspect there’s just one poster wanting to discuss him.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #4  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    24,376
    If Jesal had just started a new one...or just bumped a single thread which was just about Suso, rather than one with a redundant title/op...none of this would be needed.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #5  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    17,262
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    If Jesal had just started a new one...or just bumped a single thread which was just about Suso, rather than one with a redundant title/op...none of this would be needed.
    None of this really is needed tbf.

    Your decency is showing...
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #6  
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,555
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    If Jesal had just started a new one...or just bumped a single thread which was just about Suso, rather than one with a redundant title/op...none of this would be needed.
    I think he really took it to heart when you told him to start one.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #7  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    17,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    So after locking 7 Suso threads today, you made one yourself.
    8th time lucky.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #8  
    canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    19,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    8th time lucky.
    What happened? Suso back in town or something?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #9  
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,610
    I thought we let him go too soon. Can't find it, but I am pretty sure that about four years ago Robbie Fowler said that of all the Academy lads around at that time, he felt that Suso would be the one to make it.
    loyal since 1960.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #10  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,531
    Suso wouldn’t be starting in our team, therefore he wouldn’t be as good as he is at the moment because he wouldn’t be getting regular first team football.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #11  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,938
    Suso plays for A.C. Milan.

    The end.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #12  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    17,233
    Is losing some of your best young players for free/ a pittance a concern, especially when trying to develop a young side is a priority?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #13  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    Is losing some of your best young players for free/ a pittance a concern, especially when trying to develop a young side is a priority?
    Since when was Suso one if our best players? When he played for the first team, he didn't stand out.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #14  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Since when was Suso one if our best players? When he played for the first team, he didn't stand out.
    Never thought much of him at all. How many young players have we let go who have made it? Maybe Aspas at a pinch, but he was no good here.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #15  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    26,981
    Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    Is losing some of your best young players for free/ a pittance a concern, especially when trying to develop a young side is a priority?
    Well surely you can't retain them all?

    He had a plethora of senior players ahead of him for his specific positions...and all of them better. He was not going to displace the likes of Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino, and since he's left we've brought in Mane and Salah.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #16  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,004
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Well surely you can't retain them all?

    He had a plethora of senior players ahead of him for his specific positions...and all of them better. He was not going to displace the likes of Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino and since we've brought in Mane and Salah.
    Exactly.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #17  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,938
    Some people can't get past the fact that whilst Suso looked outstanding for what was then known as the reserve side, he didn't cut it in the first team. Everyone knows that there is a chasm between the under 23s and first team level.

    Look at Ben Woodburn? He at 18 is too good for the under 23s and he's to go up a number of levels to be considered to even make the first team bench. If those levels aren't not just maintained but improved upon, he'll be left behind.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #18  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    24,376
    There seems to be some confusion over Suso leaving the club.

    He was offered a contract extension...but refused to sign it because, according to him, he couldn't get guarantees on playing time.

    He was due to leave on a free in the summer...it was common knowledge he had a deal lined up with Milan...but managed to agree a deal with a small fee to release him early.

    We wanted him to stay and develop here...but he wanted out.

    He's done well since he left...probably because he left when he did...and all credit to him for that.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #19  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,531
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    There seems to be some confusion over Suso leaving the club.

    He was offered a contract extension...but refused to sign it because, according to him, he couldn't get guarantees on playing time.

    He was due to leave on a free in the summer...it was common knowledge he had a deal lined up with Milan...but managed to agree a deal with a small fee to release him early.

    We wanted him to stay and develop here...but he wanted out.

    He's done well since he left...probably because he left when he did...and all credit to him for that.
    Good post. Either way as I tried to say earlier. Mane and Salah, or Suso?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #20  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    40,742
    Quote Originally Posted by S_7 View Post
    Good post. Either way as I tried to say earlier. Mane and Salah, or Suso?
    suso is a cool name

    not as cool as zico but he s nt as good as zico either
    Last edited by fredthecamel; 10-11-17 at 18:11.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #21  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    17,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Since when was Suso one if our best players? When he played for the first team, he didn't stand out.
    Agree.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #22  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    40,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Agree.
    he is one of ver few success stories of younger players we have released

    we dont get too many wrong in that department.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #23  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    17,636
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    he is one of ver few success stories of younger players we have released

    we dont get too many wrong in that department.
    Suso is more suited to Italian football, much slower and far less physical.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #24  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    11,605
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    he is one of ver few success stories of younger players we have released

    we dont get too many wrong in that department.
    Alberto has been called up to the Spanish squad too, I think he's another who suits the Italian league more.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #25  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    9,108
    Brendan had to pick between Suso and Coutinho - Brendan picked Coutinho - Brendan picked correct.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #26  
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    5,183
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    There seems to be some confusion over Suso leaving the club.

    He was offered a contract extension...but refused to sign it because, according to him, he couldn't get guarantees on playing time.

    He was due to leave on a free in the summer...it was common knowledge he had a deal lined up with Milan...but managed to agree a deal with a small fee to release him early.

    We wanted him to stay and develop here...but he wanted out.

    He's done well since he left...probably because he left when he did...and all credit to him for that.
    That's not the whole picture though is it? BR made up his mind early on that he wasn't going to be part of his plans, and refused to give him games, even Ibe got more games. So knowing that manager doesn't really want you, why would he sign? Effectively BR forced him out, if club really wanted him then we would have offered him contract that said "we want you here"

    2017 stats 11 game 5 goals and 6 assists (or something like that) for milan...
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #27  
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    5,183
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Brendan had to pick between Suso and Coutinho - Brendan picked Coutinho - Brendan picked correct.
    No, Coutinho on the left (or central) and Suso on the right would have been the correct choice.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #28  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    9,108
    Quote Originally Posted by MachineGoal View Post
    That's not the whole picture though is it? BR made up his mind early on that he wasn't going to be part of his plans, and refused to give him games, even Ibe got more games. So knowing that manager doesn't really want you, why would he sign? Effectively BR forced him out, if club really wanted him then we would have offered him contract that say "we want you here"

    2017 stats 11 game 5 goals and 6 assists (or something like that) for milan...
    Suso saw himself as equal to Coutinho and wanted his spot. It was obvious to Brendan (plus anyone with eyes) Who was gonna get developed.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #29  
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    5,183
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Suso saw himself as equal to Coutinho and wanted his spot. It was obvious to Brendan (plus anyone with eyes) Who was gonna get developed.
    That's just making things up, Suso would have played anywhere, not just in Countinho's spot.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #30  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,628
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Alberto has been called up to the Spanish squad too, I think he's another who suits the Italian league more.
    Alberto and aspas were never bad players. The bashing aspas got in the media and on here was insane. He was clearly a good player and showed promise in pre season and in the first 2-3 games for us. Then got injured and never really got much of a chance.

    But he had really good touches, good movement, quick feet etc. He was at the club at the wrong time. Since he's been back in Spain he's scored 1 in 2 and 3 in 6 for Spain.

    Alberto too was a gifted footballer but a little slow. But still a good player.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •