Notices
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 93

Thread: Evra

  1. #31  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,716
    Bahahahaha. Hope the **** never plays again.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #32  
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    46,925
    I love this game.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #33  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55,890
    https://www.tbnsport.com/2017/11/06/...former-player/

    “He finally got what he deserved,” says Liverpool fan at sacking of man racially abused by club’s former player

    Saying that it was simply nice to see someone served justice eventually, a Liverpool fan today welcomed Patrice Evra’s sacking by Marseille and insisted that the ex-Manchester United player who was racially abused by former Liverpool forward years ago “finally got what he deserved”.

    Speaking days after the former France international had his contract with the Ligue 1 club cancelled over a violent interaction with a supporter, Reds fan Arnold Randolph admitted that it was a relief to see the victim of Luis Suarez’ racism finally get his comeuppance.

    “When I saw he’d gotten sacked I was delighted. Ever since that day he had the cheek to get racially abused by Suarez – and complain about it – I knew he’d get what’s coming to him, and I’m so glad it’s finally happened,” said Randolph, adding that while he had often grown frustrated over the years, he retained belief that karma would one day come back to punish Evra for having the temerity to be on the receiving end of his favourite player’s racist diatribe.

    “If there was any justice in the world he would have been sacked the minute he grassed up Suarez, but revenge is sweet and I’m just glad it’s finally happened. I can only imagine how delighted Suarez must be.”
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #34  
    Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,656
    I think he's a little **** anyway apart from the Suarez stuff so I'm not displeased by it at all.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #35  
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    Yep, crazy stuff really and disappointing to read.

    Assuming you’re going where I think you’re going with this.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #36  
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23,729
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    Except people don't believe Evra's account of events. Suarez has not been found guilty In a court of law. Therefore he was never found guilty of any crime. The FA's panel made there findings but they are free to be contested.

    It is up to people to look at that and come to there own conclusions. If people don't believe Evra's side of the story then it's fair to say that people would say this is "Karma".
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #37  
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    9,863
    JUSTICE FOR PATRICE

    He's just misunderstood the poor lad

    Wrong thread I meant Pat Rice
    Last edited by charmac; 11-11-17 at 16:09.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #38  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    24,377
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    I'm presuming you and other posters realise this is an intentional spoof news site?
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #39  
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    I'm presuming you and other posters realise this is an intentional spoof news site?
    Clearly.

    The point it makes is still relevant though.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #40  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55,890
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    I'm presuming you and other posters realise this is an intentional spoof news site?
    Well, obviously.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #41  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55,890
    Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    Except people don't believe Evra's account of events. Suarez has not been found guilty In a court of law. Therefore he was never found guilty of any crime. The FA's panel made there findings but they are free to be contested.

    It is up to people to look at that and come to there own conclusions. If people don't believe Evra's side of the story then it's fair to say that people would say this is "Karma".
    Suarez admitted use of the word and it was found by people who know what they're on about that it can't have been conciliatory. Evra has every right to be offended by someone calling him a negro in an altercation.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #42  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    51,237
    Quote Originally Posted by charmac View Post
    JUSTICE FOR PATRICE

    He just misunderstood the poor lad

    Wrong thread I meant Pat Rice
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #43  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    24,377
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    Suarez admitted use of the word and it was found by people who know what they're on about that it can't have been conciliatory. Evra has every right to be offended by someone calling him a negro in an altercation.
    Aside from that...he is still an absolute **** house...and deserves any, non physically harming, pelters being thrown at him.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #44  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,556
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    Suarez admitted use of the word and it was found by people who know what they're on about that it can't have been conciliatory. Evra has every right to be offended by someone calling him a negro in an altercation.

    As in the FA

    If you don't want to be called something offensive then do not use disgusting derogatory terms to someone about their family, in many cases you will have more than your feelings hurt.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #45  
    Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,656
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Aside from that...he is still an absolute **** house...and deserves any, non physically harming, pelters being thrown at him.
    Yep.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #46  
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9,480
    Marseilles fans sound like a real bunch of *****.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #47  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,236
    I don’t know what people are saying ‘karma’ for, karma for what exactly? Suarez used ‘that’ word.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #48  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    51,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Itanimrac View Post
    I don’t know what people are saying ‘karma’ for, karma for what exactly? Suarez used ‘that’ word.
    Karma for being a total ****
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #49  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    51,237
    Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleSulk View Post
    Marseilles fans sound like a real bunch of *****.
    Well they’re French...

    Played against a team from Marseilles once in a tournament they were sound lads but rough as **** and total lunatics
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #50  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Itanimrac View Post
    I don’t know what people are saying ‘karma’ for, karma for what exactly? Suarez used ‘that’ word.
    **** Evra! He was a ***** full stop! Handle your business on the field with Suarez instead crying to the papers and media.... Glad that piece of **** got the boot!
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #51  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    51,237
    Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    **** Evra! He was a ***** full stop! Handle your business on the field with Suarez instead crying to the papers and media.... Glad that piece of **** got the boot!
    Wow I declare myself as the second poster in a week fully agreeing with you if this carries on you’ll have mates
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #52  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,013
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Wow I declare myself as the second poster in a week fully agreeing with you if this carries on you’ll have mates
    The whole Evra/Suarez thing never sat well with me... As a black person I was satisfied with what Suarez said happened and if I was Evra I would have got a red card and a few games off before I went crying and whining to the media... Then the whole handshake thing which Evra also made a huge scene about... I can’t stand Evra and he is a ***** plain and simple
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #53  
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,445
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    Suarez admitted use of the word and it was found by people who know what they're on about that it can't have been conciliatory. Evra has every right to be offended by someone calling him a negro in an altercation.
    My issue with Évra would not be the complaint after his exchange with Suarez but with his little dance in front of Suarez following a subsequent 2 - 1 win for them. Thats incitement in my eyes and credit to Suarez to simply ignore him. Lest anyone is in any doubt about the character of Évra this incident alone must prove what a tramp he really is.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #54  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    24,377
    Quote Originally Posted by QuatreVingt16 View Post
    My issue with Évra would not be the complaint after his exchange with Suarez but with his little dance in front of Suarez following a subsequent 2 - 1 win for them. Thats incitement in my eyes and credit to Suarez to simply ignore him. Lest anyone is in any doubt about the character of Évra this incident alone must prove what a tramp he really is.
    Plus the incident where he assaulted a Chelsea groundsman...the tried to bring race into that...then undermining his national team.

    Odious snidey troll.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #55  
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    17,812
    Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    The whole Evra/Suarez thing never sat well with me... As a black person I was satisfied with what Suarez said happened and if I was Evra I would have got a red card and a few games off before I went crying and whining to the media... Then the whole handshake thing which Evra also made a huge scene about... I can’t stand Evra and he is a ***** plain and simple
    He has also reported to have played the race card against Senegalese fans. As they were miffed at him choosing France over them. He was born in Dakar.

    Also isn't the reported reason very lame especially given his poor run of form.

    Most players when accused of the fact that they do not deserve to be wearing the shirt due to form/talent tend to go with two options.

    1. Knuckle down and prove the fans wrong/their expectations was unrealistic/adapt and show what qualities the player does have.
    2. Accept that due to timing, luck, team structure accept the inevitable and come up with a mutually agreeable solution with management to move on.

    Not secret option number 3. Get yourself sacked for assaulting one of the club's own fans.

    At least it was suggested in a strong way for Cantons to move back to France.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #56  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,556
    Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    The whole Evra/Suarez thing never sat well with me... As a black person I was satisfied with what Suarez said happened and if I was Evra I would have got a red card and a few games off before I went crying and whining to the media... Then the whole handshake thing which Evra also made a huge scene about... I can’t stand Evra and he is a ***** plain and simple
    Glad to hear you say that AR, for me if you throw s*** then the gloves are off, in hindsight Suarez should have just decked him and got 3-5 games.
    Genuine question and not being smart or anything, but for you would you be more likely to react to what Evra said (if you have a sister) or what Suarez responded with? for me I can take plenty of remarks but don't bring my family into it.
    I still think for Evra to act like the victim and walk away scot free when he provoked the incident was wrong, that is why I see this as long overdue.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #57  
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    27,478
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Plus the incident where he assaulted a Chelsea groundsman...the tried to bring race into that...then undermining his national team.

    Odious snidey troll.
    Yeah, for all his snidely behaviour he deserves everything he gets.

    I can understand people feeling a little sorry for him with the Suarez thing, but he wasn't absolved from blame and made things a lot worse with his handshake antics.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #58  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,254
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Wow I declare myself as the second poster in a week fully agreeing with you if this carries on you’ll have mates
    Please wash your mouth out
    Last edited by KnottybackSte; 11-11-17 at 20:36.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #59  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    51,237
    Quote Originally Posted by KnottybackSte View Post
    Please wash your mouth out
    Lol
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #60  
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    17,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    Yeah, for all his snidely behaviour he deserves everything he gets.

    I can understand people feeling a little sorry for him with the Suarez thing, but he wasn't absolved from blame and made things a lot worse with his handshake antics.
    Also is it possible he tried to do Suarez serious harm but ran into Rio instead.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •