Notices
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 93

Thread: Evra

  1. #61  
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    24,614
    ..
    Last edited by RedBaros; 11-11-17 at 21:08. Reason: ignore
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #62  
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    500
    I never understand how do people take so seriously the words used in a swearing exchange...
    They mean nothing at all...seriously.
    They are chosen so that they infuriate the other party...
    Sisters, mothers , skin colour or ethnicity mean nothing at all in these moments..
    Of course swearing is despicable, but if you ban people for every foul word they have used on the pitch against opponents, refs, or themselves the teams would have trouble to field 5-6 players every game and Rooney would probably play twice a year maximum...
    Let’s get over that silly nonsense...swearing is only some sort of justified or unjustified anger expression in a “sporting war” kind of situation...
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #63  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    51,237
    Quote Originally Posted by ardizoglou View Post
    I never understand how do people take so seriously the words used in a swearing exchange...
    They mean nothing at all...seriously.
    They are chosen so that they infuriate the other party...
    Sisters, mothers , skin colour or ethnicity mean nothing at all in these moments..
    Of course swearing is despicable, but if you ban people for every foul word they have used on the pitch against opponents, refs, or themselves the teams would have trouble to field 5-6 players every game and Rooney would probably play twice a year maximum...
    Let’s get over that silly nonsense...swearing is only some sort of justified or unjustified anger expression in a “sporting war” kind of situation...
    Nah sorry I get you but I can’t agree, skin colour is never ever acceptable in a verbal joust
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #64  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55,889
    Quote Originally Posted by 77scouser View Post
    As in the FA

    If you don't want to be called something offensive then do not use disgusting derogatory terms to someone about their family, in many cases you will have more than your feelings hurt.
    No, as in the experts the FA Board consulted to find out whether Suarez's explanation could reasonably have been true. It couldn't.

    Also insulting someone doesn't give them carte blanche to be racist to you.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #65  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55,889
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Aside from that...he is still an absolute **** house...and deserves any, non physically harming, pelters being thrown at him.
    Including the racist one Suarez threw at him?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #66  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55,889
    Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    **** Evra! He was a ***** full stop! Handle your business on the field with Suarez instead crying to the papers and media.... Glad that piece of **** got the boot!
    He was right to report what Suarez said.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #67  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55,889
    Quote Originally Posted by QuatreVingt16 View Post
    My issue with Évra would not be the complaint after his exchange with Suarez but with his little dance in front of Suarez following a subsequent 2 - 1 win for them. Thats incitement in my eyes and credit to Suarez to simply ignore him. Lest anyone is in any doubt about the character of Évra this incident alone must prove what a tramp he really is.
    He came across as a tool in that moment I'll give you that. But let's not pretend that's what people mean when talking about karma.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #68  
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    **** Evra! He was a ***** full stop! Handle your business on the field with Suarez instead crying to the papers and media.... Glad that piece of **** got the boot!
    Basically an apologetic for vile, racist behaviour on the field of play as if it has no broader social consequence.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #69  
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,756
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    Including the racist one Suarez threw at him?
    So no matter how much a person is provoked, infuriated and their family insulted they can never use a racist insult when angered by this?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #70  
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanderdad View Post
    Basically an apologetic for vile, racist behaviour on the field of play as if it has no broader social consequence.
    Was Suarez ever convicted of racism, either by the FA or the police?

    In fact was it not said by the FA that he wasn't racist?

    Short memory!
    Last edited by Machtig Maus; 12-11-17 at 13:06.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #71  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Luises-Finger View Post
    So no matter how much a person is provoked, infuriated and their family insulted they can never use a racist insult when angered by this?
    What did Evra say about Suarez's family?

    Also, no, it doesn't make it acceptable.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #72  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Machtig Maus View Post
    Was Suarez ever convicted of racism, either by the FA or the police?

    In fact was it not said by the FA that he wasn't?

    Short memory!
    You don't need him to have been convicted to know that he did it. He admitted it himself, then tried to explain it away with impunity.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #73  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    88,570
    After all these years I still can't believe that, post inquest, people are still defending what Suarez did and said to Evra.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #74  
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,723
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    You don't need him to have been convicted to know that he did it. He admitted it himself, then tried to explain it away with impunity.
    Again short memory, he admitted using the words Evra accused him of. It was also accepted that in South America the use of the word 'Negrito' is not considered offensive. In this context the FA could not accuse Suarez of racism which they didn't and he wasn't prosecuted or punished in any way for it, which was supported by the FA's statement.

    But feel free to put whatever spin on it suits your narrative.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #75  
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,723
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    After all these years I still can't believe that, post inquest, people are still defending what Suarez did and said to Evra.

    No one is defending what he did or the intent he had when he said it but that doesn't change the facts of the inquest ruling.

    I can't believe people still think he was convicted of racism but there you go.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #76  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Machtig Maus View Post
    It was also accepted that in South America the use of the word 'Negrito' is not considered offensive.
    That is completely false.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #77  
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,723
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    That is completely false.
    No it isn't, I read the report.

    Suarez was not punished for racism, the FA stated they didn't believe him to be a racist. These are facts.


    Edit:Apologies the word used was 'Negro' not 'Negrito'
    Last edited by Machtig Maus; 12-11-17 at 13:42.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #78  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Machtig Maus View Post
    No it isn't, I read the report.

    Suarez was not punished for racism, the FA stated they didn't believe him to be a racist. These are facts.


    Edit:Apologies the word used was 'Negro' not 'Negrito'
    You obviously didn't read it very well. The report said that while the word can be used in a way that isn't considered offensive, the way Suarez had used it was offensive.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #79  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37,408
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    And he’s been sacked by Marseilles

    Good.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #80  
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,261
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    You obviously didn't read it very well. The report said that while the word can be used in a way that isn't considered offensive, the way Suarez had used it was offensive.
    Offensive not racist. In fact as the other poster pointed out the FA went out of their way to say Suarez was not racist.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #81  
    Darrren1 is online now Better tables than DFS
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post
    Offensive not racist. In fact as the other poster pointed out the FA went out of their way to say Suarez was not racist.
    Exactly.

    I can't believe there are still people on here that think what he said was racist.

    It's very clear and obvious, when you read into it all, that it wasn't.

    It was a case of Evra addressing Suarez in Spanish and then misunderstanding his reply, due to his Spanish not being very good.

    Also, Evra was already in a state of anger and paranoia - having been warned 3 times already about his temper during the game, including with the ref over the coin-toss!

    He also assumed Suarez had deliberately targetted his knee in the collision before this incident, because he'd recently had an injury there, when in fact it was just a normal foul.

    So he was clearly feeling the whole world was agaisnt him and was ready to see injustice wherever he looked - which lead to his misunderstanding of Suarez's reply in Spanish.

    He started off making out that Suarez had used the N word - then when he realised it was 'negro' he said he'd called him it 10 times. Just constantly changing his story, looking for an injustice that wasn't there.

    It's pathetic and should never have been dealt with by the FA.

    A matter this serious should have been dealt with by the courts - except it couldn't have got that far as there was no evidence, other than the fact Suarez 'admitted' using a word that's non-offensive in the language he was addressed in.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #82  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post
    Offensive not racist. In fact as the other poster pointed out the FA went out of their way to say Suarez was not racist.
    It's possible to use racist language and still not be racist yourself. He used racist language.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #83  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrren1 View Post
    Exactly.

    I can't believe there are still people on here that think what he said was racist.
    Calling someone a negro in an argument is racism. Even in Spanish.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #84  
    Darrren1 is online now Better tables than DFS
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,830
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    Calling someone a negro in an argument is racism. Even in Spanish.
    Nah, I hardly think Suarez would be saying "Eh, what do you mean racist? All I said was 'negro'" if that was indeed the case.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #85  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrren1 View Post
    Nah, I hardly think Suarez would be saying "Eh, what do you mean racist? All I said was 'negro'" if that was indeed the case.
    People who use racist language aren't usually the best judges of what constitutes racism.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #86  
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,261
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    It's possible to use racist language and still not be racist yourself. He used racist language.
    You hav3 your views which is fine, the FA cleared Suarez of racism.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #87  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post
    You hav3 your views which is fine, the FA cleared Suarez of racism.
    That's not true. They said he'd used racist language but was not himself a racist.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #88  
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,261
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    That's not true. They said he'd used racist language but was not himself a racist.
    So not racist then....anyway, it’s an old argument. Evra tried this regularly, I think Suarez was the 3rd or 4th person he accused with zero evidence or success. The FA found zero evidence also other than Suarez admitting using a word which isn’t racist in his own language and which Evra himself had been videod using to one of his own team mates.

    People can call Suarez racist if they like but the FA said he isn’t, no court has ever said he is and if you believe he is then Evra is too (if black on black can be racist ?Suarez isn’t actually white I suppose ) on the evidence seen.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #89  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    55,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post
    So not racist then
    The discussion was never whether Suarez himself was a racist. The discussion was whether he'd used racist language. Which he did, and for which he was rightly punished, and for which it's absolutely cretinous to go on about karma because a man happened to suffer racist abuse.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #90  
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,261
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    The discussion was never whether Suarez himself was a racist. The discussion was whether he'd used racist language. Which he did, and for which he was rightly punished, and for which it's absolutely cretinous to go on about karma because a man happened to suffer racist abuse.
    People will always enjoy Evra getting done for anything because he’s had it coming for a long time.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •