Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 311

Thread: January Transfer Thread

  1. #211  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    28,022
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    I think most clubs in our position would sell...but only if they can get a replacement in.

    There are an unusual number of players in the last year of their contracts...so a bit of a domino effect is quite likely.
    Maybe - the aim as you say is to dampen expectation.... Was there a need to say anything, if that was the case.....
    Expectation and optimism are the backbone of football merchandising, and he has ripped that away in one fell swoop

    People want to believe - and Mike Gordon and FSG/Klopp make that hard to do
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #212  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    11,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Maybe - the aim as you say is to dampen expectation.... Was there a need to say anything, if that was the case.....
    Expectation and optimism are the backbone of football merchandising, and he has ripped that away in one fell swoop

    People want to believe - and Mike Gordon and FSG/Klopp make that hard to do
    Speak for yourself.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #213  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    17,603
    De Vrij signs a new contract. .
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #214  
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    De Vrij signs a new contract. .
    Disappointed but not surprise given how well Lazio is doing now.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #215  
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by sgRED View Post
    Disappointed but not surprise given how well Lazio is doing now.
    I said 3 weeks ago we would not sign anyone in January , i stick by that regardless of the fact that Mike Gordon has been rumoured to say similar .
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #216  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,543
    some decent players with contracts ending between now and june next year like gimenez (Atletico) fernandino goretzka and that keeper from bilbao (forgot his name starts with azer I think) maybe we could try for them
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #217  
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,607
    Does anyone see any set of circumstances that might allow RBL to let Keita come to us in January? OK, I'm being a super optimist!!
    loyal since 1960.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #218  
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by mountbeautygeorge View Post
    Does anyone see any set of circumstances that might allow RBL to let Keita come to us in January? OK, I'm being a super optimist!!
    Their chairman has already stated that whether Leipzig remain in the CL or not , Keita will not be moving here before next Summer .
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #219  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Luis Garcia was signed 4 years before David Silva came under the spotlight, so such a comment is inaccurate.
    Rafa Benitez wanted to sign David Silva before anyone even knew who he was like he snatched Alonso

    There's quite a few players who came out and said that they were closer joining Liverpool

    but never knew why they never got signed the reason being yet again was the money Factor

    If Benitez had his way and built his dream team like he had plans we won't be talking about any other manager as we'll be sitting here thinking about when we going to win the Premier League after our first win
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #220  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewy3958 View Post
    Their chairman has already stated that whether Leipzig remain in the CL or not , Keita will not be moving here before next Summer .
    he also said they would not sell for 100m yet we agreed a deal for him
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #221  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    Rafa Benitez wanted to sign David Silva before anyone even knew who he was like he snatched Alonso

    There's quite a few players who came out and said that they were closer joining Liverpool

    but never knew why they never got signed the reason being yet again was the money Factor

    If Benitez had his way and built his dream team like he had plans we won't be talking about any other manager as we'll be sitting here thinking about when we going to win the Premier League after our first win
    You are brainwashed about Bentitez. he signed Aquilani in 2009 for 17 mill, but didn't sign Silva, why not and don't say it was money? (he went to City for 25mill a year later, could've got him cheaper, but maybe Alonso told him to stay away)
    Last edited by IDREAMOFGINI; 15-11-17 at 12:43.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #222  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21,853
    Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    yet he signed Aquilani in 2009 for 17 mill, but didn't sign Silva(who went to City for 25mill a year later)
    If you remember we had to sell Alonso to get any money

    Portsmouth money owed us money which allowed us to buy a Glen Johnson

    Like I said it will come down to the financial restriction At The Club with Rafa Benitez

    Vedic Alves Simao Silva Villa was so close to joining Liverpool but deals collapse because of money yet again
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #223  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    If you remember we had to sell Alonso to get any money

    Portsmouth money owed us money which allowed us to buy a Glen Johnson

    Like I said it will come down to the financial restriction At The Club with Rafa Benitez

    Vedic Alves Simao Silva Villa was so close to joining Liverpool but deals collapse because of money yet again
    why did we have to sell Alonso? he didn't want to leave
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #224  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,918
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    Rafa Benitez wanted to sign David Silva before anyone even knew who he was like he snatched Alonso

    There's quite a few players who came out and said that they were closer joining Liverpool

    but never knew why they never got signed the reason being yet again was the money Factor

    If Benitez had his way and built his dream team like he had plans we won't be talking about any other manager as we'll be sitting here thinking about when we going to win the Premier League after our first win
    All that is hearsay.

    It's just like we would have got Michael Laudrup and Steve McMahon in 1983 only for circumstances beyond our control. McMahon was playing for Everton and they wouldn't sell to us, and Laudrup wouldn't agree because he was offered a 4 year contract and only wanted a 3 year contract. There also was Charlie Nicholas too who refused a move because he didn't want to deputise for Ian Rush. Liverpool won a treble in 1984 and Nicholas joined Arsenal and won nothing.

    Rafa wanted Vidic and Walcott too and again it's 'what might have been".
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #225  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21,853
    Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    why did we have to sell Alonso? he didn't want to leave
    can you remember Gillett and Hicks and taking all our money
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #226  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    All that is hearsay.

    It's just like we would have got Michael Laudrup and Steve McMahon in 1983 only for circumstances beyond our control. McMahon was playing for Everton and they wouldn't sell to us, and Laudrup wouldn't agree because he was offered a 4 year contract and only wanted a 3 year contract. There also was Charlie Nicholas too who refused a move because he didn't want to deputise for Ian Rush. Liverpool won a treble in 1984 and Nicholas joined Arsenal and won nothing.

    Rafa wanted Vidic and Walcott too and again it's 'what might have been".
    Rafa Benitez where's the closest thing in our Premier League history to bring us back To Glory regardless of how tinted people feel of him

    Klopp yes I criticise certain aspects of him but I do have hope that he will take us to that step needed

    It's just frustrating watching what's going on when things should be moving faster
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #227  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,918
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    Rafa Benitez where's the closest thing in our Premier League history to bring us back To Glory regardless of how tinted people feel of him

    Klopp yes I criticise certain aspects of him but I do have hope that he will take us to that step needed

    It's just frustrating watching what's going on when things should be moving faster
    How faster can things move.

    I thought this was mentioned more than once. There is signing centre halves and signing the right centre halves. What is the point in spending vast sums on mediocrity just because you cannot get what you really want? Would you have prefered if Klopp deployed the scatter-gun approach Koeman undertook? Koeman got it completely wrong and it cost him his job. He had all that money and being kind, wasted it.

    He signed mediocrity for the sake of spending. Are Everton better a better side than they were before Koeman spent? They are a worse side in reality because Koeman bought poorly.

    Look at his big signings. Sigurdsson 45 million, he's no better than he was when he cost Spurs 10 million where he flopped. Klaasen 25 million average. Keane 30 million average. Pickford 30 million, average. Now there is 130 million worth of what can only be described as rubbish.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #228  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    How faster can things move.

    I thought this was mentioned more than once. There is signing centre halves and signing the right centre halves. What is the point in spending vast sums on mediocrity just because you cannot get what you really want? Would you have prefered if Klopp deployed the scatter-gun approach Koeman undertook? Koeman got it completely wrong and it cost him his job. He had all that money and being kind, wasted it.

    He signed mediocrity for the sake of spending. Are Everton better a better side than they were before Koeman spent? They are a worse side in reality because Koeman bought poorly.

    Look at his big signings. Sigurdsson 45 million, he's no better than he was when he cost Spurs 10 million where he flopped. Klaasen 25 million average. Keane 30 million average. Pickford 30 million, average. Now there is 130 million worth of what can only be described as rubbish.
    And how long do we wait for the so-called one perfect player for each position

    Klopp is coming to his 5th window

    Still haven't got a goalkeeper two good central defenders haven't got a left back a holding midfielder and striker

    How long do we have to wait because we're going to lose better players because they won't want to wait

    -------------------
    As for Everton made some quite good signings they should be higher up the league then they are now it's just the fact that didn't buy a striker
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #229  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,918
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    And how long do we wait for the so-called one perfect player for each position

    Klopp is coming to his 5th window

    Still haven't got a goalkeeper two good central defenders haven't got a left back a holding midfielder and striker

    How long do we have to wait because we're going to lose better players because they won't want to wait

    -------------------
    As for Everton made some quite good signings they should be higher up the league then they are now it's just the fact that didn't buy a striker
    He's signed Keita for next season. I suppose Robertson is a winger and there is signing a striker and signing a specific striker. At the moment Firmino does what Klopp requires from a centre forward and that is he multi tasks. BH, I think it's time you got off FIFA18 and re-entered the real world.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #230  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    He's signed Keita for next season. I suppose Robertson is a winger and there is signing a striker and signing a specific striker. At the moment Firmino does what Klopp requires from a centre forward and that is he multi tasks. BH, I think it's time you got off FIFA18 and re-entered the real world.
    Why do people call me a couch manager or a computer geek

    I'm expressing my opinions just as much as anyone else so surely everyone else is the same

    Everyone in the football world is making similar remarks to me are they all computer geeks
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #231  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    24,537
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    Why do people call me a couch manager or a computer geek

    I'm expressing my opinions just as much as anyone else so surely everyone else is the same

    Everyone in the football world is making similar remarks to me are they all computer geeks
    It's what people like him resort to when they can't dispute what you're saying. It's comical and pathetic.
    Farewell my lovers.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #232  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    can you remember Gillett and Hicks and taking all our money
    na. just remember Mascherano, Alonso and our right back all leaving for spain.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #233  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,918
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    Why do people call me a couch manager or a computer geek

    I'm expressing my opinions just as much as anyone else so surely everyone else is the same

    Everyone in the football world is making similar remarks to me are they all computer geeks
    Nobody else makes the bizarre comments that you do.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #234  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    11,520
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    Rafa Benitez wanted to sign David Silva before anyone even knew who he was like he snatched Alonso

    There's quite a few players who came out and said that they were closer joining Liverpool

    but never knew why they never got signed the reason being yet again was the money Factor

    If Benitez had his way and built his dream team like he had plans we won't be talking about any other manager as we'll be sitting here thinking about when we going to win the Premier League after our first win
    We apparently wanted Silva late 2009, he was already on the radar of many clubs and fans by that point. As was Mata, Villa, and quite a few others from that strong Valencia side.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #235  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,918
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUmpire View Post
    It's what people like him resort to when they can't dispute what you're saying. It's comical and pathetic.
    No it's because he lives in a fantasy world and believes that signing players is like what's done in a computer game. He cannot grasp the nuts and bolts behind it. He also claims that all that is expected from a defensive midfielder nowadays is to sit in front of a back four. He also stated that Xabi Alonso was a defensive midfielder. Here is another one of his pearls of wisdom, Graeme Souness had no skill.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #236  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    can you remember Gillett and Hicks and taking all our money
    Did they stick Alonso in their pocket when flying home to america? Rafa wanted rid of Alonso
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #237  
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewy3958 View Post
    I said 3 weeks ago we would not sign anyone in January , i stick by that regardless of the fact that Mike Gordon has been rumoured to say similar .
    I think most of us here only hope for just 1 CB signing from Soton. That's all.

    Maybe plus a few free signings for summer.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #238  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    16,547
    Alonso left by his own choice
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #239  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    17,603
    Liverpool scouting Jose Gimenez.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #240  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Liverpool scouting Jose Gimenez.
    Atletico Madrid may be willing to bargain at a compromise price because Liverpool can negotiate a ore-contract agreement and sign him for nothing next summer. According to the reports I've read he would compliment Matip. Why? He's tough as teak and has that necessary aggressive streak and isn't jittery like Lovren. He's got far more confidence than Lovren does.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •