Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    I think most clubs in our position would sell...but only if they can get a replacement in.

There are an unusual number of players in the last year of their contracts...so a bit of a domino effect is quite likely.
    Maybe - the aim as you say is to dampen expectation.... Was there a need to say anything, if that was the case.....
    Expectation and optimism are the backbone of football merchandising, and he has ripped that away in one fell swoop

People want to believe - and Mike Gordon and FSG/Klopp make that hard to do
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Maybe - the aim as you say is to dampen expectation.... Was there a need to say anything, if that was the case.....
    Expectation and optimism are the backbone of football merchandising, and he has ripped that away in one fell swoop

People want to believe - and Mike Gordon and FSG/Klopp make that hard to do
    Speak for yourself.

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    De Vrij signs a new contract. .

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    De Vrij signs a new contract. .
    Disappointed but not surprise given how well Lazio is doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by sgRED View Post
    Disappointed but not surprise given how well Lazio is doing now.
    I said 3 weeks ago we would not sign anyone in January , i stick by that regardless of the fact that Mike Gordon has been rumoured to say similar .

some decent players with contracts ending between now and june next year like gimenez (Atletico) fernandino goretzka and that keeper from bilbao (forgot his name starts with azer I think) maybe we could try for them

Does anyone see any set of circumstances that might allow RBL to let Keita come to us in January? OK, I'm being a super optimist!!
    loyal since 1960.

Quote Originally Posted by mountbeautygeorge View Post
    Does anyone see any set of circumstances that might allow RBL to let Keita come to us in January? OK, I'm being a super optimist!!
    Their chairman has already stated that whether Leipzig remain in the CL or not , Keita will not be moving here before next Summer .

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Luis Garcia was signed 4 years before David Silva came under the spotlight, so such a comment is inaccurate.
    Rafa Benitez wanted to sign David Silva before anyone even knew who he was like he snatched Alonso

There's quite a few players who came out and said that they were closer joining Liverpool

but never knew why they never got signed the reason being yet again was the money Factor

If Benitez had his way and built his dream team like he had plans we won't be talking about any other manager as we'll be sitting here thinking about when we going to win the Premier League after our first win

Quote Originally Posted by Lewy3958 View Post
    Their chairman has already stated that whether Leipzig remain in the CL or not , Keita will not be moving here before next Summer .
    he also said they would not sell for 100m yet we agreed a deal for him

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    Rafa Benitez wanted to sign David Silva before anyone even knew who he was like he snatched Alonso

There's quite a few players who came out and said that they were closer joining Liverpool

but never knew why they never got signed the reason being yet again was the money Factor

If Benitez had his way and built his dream team like he had plans we won't be talking about any other manager as we'll be sitting here thinking about when we going to win the Premier League after our first win
    You are brainwashed about Bentitez. he signed Aquilani in 2009 for 17 mill, but didn't sign Silva, why not and don't say it was money? (he went to City for 25mill a year later, could've got him cheaper, but maybe Alonso told him to stay away)
    Last edited by IDREAMOFGINI; 15-11-17 at 12:43.

Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    yet he signed Aquilani in 2009 for 17 mill, but didn't sign Silva(who went to City for 25mill a year later)
    If you remember we had to sell Alonso to get any money

Portsmouth money owed us money which allowed us to buy a Glen Johnson

Like I said it will come down to the financial restriction At The Club with Rafa Benitez

Vedic Alves Simao Silva Villa was so close to joining Liverpool but deals collapse because of money yet again

If you remember we had to sell Alonso to get any money

Portsmouth money owed us money which allowed us to buy a Glen Johnson

Like I said it will come down to the financial restriction At The Club with Rafa Benitez

Vedic Alves Simao Silva Villa was so close to joining Liverpool but deals collapse because of money yet again
    why did we have to sell Alonso? he didn't want to leave

All that is hearsay.

It's just like we would have got Michael Laudrup and Steve McMahon in 1983 only for circumstances beyond our control. McMahon was playing for Everton and they wouldn't sell to us, and Laudrup wouldn't agree because he was offered a 4 year contract and only wanted a 3 year contract. There also was Charlie Nicholas too who refused a move because he didn't want to deputise for Ian Rush. Liverpool won a treble in 1984 and Nicholas joined Arsenal and won nothing.

Rafa wanted Vidic and Walcott too and again it's 'what might have been".

Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    why did we have to sell Alonso? he didn't want to leave
    can you remember Gillett and Hicks and taking all our money

All that is hearsay.

It's just like we would have got Michael Laudrup and Steve McMahon in 1983 only for circumstances beyond our control. McMahon was playing for Everton and they wouldn't sell to us, and Laudrup wouldn't agree because he was offered a 4 year contract and only wanted a 3 year contract. There also was Charlie Nicholas too who refused a move because he didn't want to deputise for Ian Rush. Liverpool won a treble in 1984 and Nicholas joined Arsenal and won nothing.

Rafa wanted Vidic and Walcott too and again it's 'what might have been".
    Rafa Benitez where's the closest thing in our Premier League history to bring us back To Glory regardless of how tinted people feel of him

Klopp yes I criticise certain aspects of him but I do have hope that he will take us to that step needed

It's just frustrating watching what's going on when things should be moving faster

Rafa Benitez where's the closest thing in our Premier League history to bring us back To Glory regardless of how tinted people feel of him

Klopp yes I criticise certain aspects of him but I do have hope that he will take us to that step needed

It's just frustrating watching what's going on when things should be moving faster
    How faster can things move.

I thought this was mentioned more than once. There is signing centre halves and signing the right centre halves. What is the point in spending vast sums on mediocrity just because you cannot get what you really want? Would you have prefered if Klopp deployed the scatter-gun approach Koeman undertook? Koeman got it completely wrong and it cost him his job. He had all that money and being kind, wasted it.

He signed mediocrity for the sake of spending. Are Everton better a better side than they were before Koeman spent? They are a worse side in reality because Koeman bought poorly.

Look at his big signings. Sigurdsson 45 million, he's no better than he was when he cost Spurs 10 million where he flopped. Klaasen 25 million average. Keane 30 million average. Pickford 30 million, average. Now there is 130 million worth of what can only be described as rubbish.

How faster can things move.

I thought this was mentioned more than once. There is signing centre halves and signing the right centre halves. What is the point in spending vast sums on mediocrity just because you cannot get what you really want? Would you have prefered if Klopp deployed the scatter-gun approach Koeman undertook? Koeman got it completely wrong and it cost him his job. He had all that money and being kind, wasted it.

He signed mediocrity for the sake of spending. Are Everton better a better side than they were before Koeman spent? They are a worse side in reality because Koeman bought poorly.

Look at his big signings. Sigurdsson 45 million, he's no better than he was when he cost Spurs 10 million where he flopped. Klaasen 25 million average. Keane 30 million average. Pickford 30 million, average. Now there is 130 million worth of what can only be described as rubbish.
    And how long do we wait for the so-called one perfect player for each position

Klopp is coming to his 5th window

Still haven't got a goalkeeper two good central defenders haven't got a left back a holding midfielder and striker

How long do we have to wait because we're going to lose better players because they won't want to wait

-------------------
    As for Everton made some quite good signings they should be higher up the league then they are now it's just the fact that didn't buy a striker

And how long do we wait for the so-called one perfect player for each position

Klopp is coming to his 5th window

Still haven't got a goalkeeper two good central defenders haven't got a left back a holding midfielder and striker

How long do we have to wait because we're going to lose better players because they won't want to wait

-------------------
    As for Everton made some quite good signings they should be higher up the league then they are now it's just the fact that didn't buy a striker
    He's signed Keita for next season. I suppose Robertson is a winger and there is signing a striker and signing a specific striker. At the moment Firmino does what Klopp requires from a centre forward and that is he multi tasks. BH, I think it's time you got off FIFA18 and re-entered the real world.

He's signed Keita for next season. I suppose Robertson is a winger and there is signing a striker and signing a specific striker. At the moment Firmino does what Klopp requires from a centre forward and that is he multi tasks. BH, I think it's time you got off FIFA18 and re-entered the real world.
    Why do people call me a couch manager or a computer geek

I'm expressing my opinions just as much as anyone else so surely everyone else is the same

Everyone in the football world is making similar remarks to me are they all computer geeks

I'm expressing my opinions just as much as anyone else so surely everyone else is the same

Everyone in the football world is making similar remarks to me are they all computer geeks
    It's what people like him resort to when they can't dispute what you're saying. It's comical and pathetic.
    Farewell my lovers.

na. just remember Mascherano, Alonso and our right back all leaving for spain.

Nobody else makes the bizarre comments that you do.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect

We apparently wanted Silva late 2009, he was already on the radar of many clubs and fans by that point. As was Mata, Villa, and quite a few others from that strong Valencia side.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUmpire View Post
    It's what people like him resort to when they can't dispute what you're saying. It's comical and pathetic.
    No it's because he lives in a fantasy world and believes that signing players is like what's done in a computer game. He cannot grasp the nuts and bolts behind it. He also claims that all that is expected from a defensive midfielder nowadays is to sit in front of a back four. He also stated that Xabi Alonso was a defensive midfielder. Here is another one of his pearls of wisdom, Graeme Souness had no skill.

Did they stick Alonso in their pocket when flying home to america? Rafa wanted rid of Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lewy3958 View Post
    I said 3 weeks ago we would not sign anyone in January , i stick by that regardless of the fact that Mike Gordon has been rumoured to say similar .
    I think most of us here only hope for just 1 CB signing from Soton. That's all.

Maybe plus a few free signings for summer.

Alonso left by his own choice

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Liverpool scouting Jose Gimenez.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Liverpool scouting Jose Gimenez.
    Atletico Madrid may be willing to bargain at a compromise price because Liverpool can negotiate a ore-contract agreement and sign him for nothing next summer. According to the reports I've read he would compliment Matip. Why? He's tough as teak and has that necessary aggressive streak and isn't jittery like Lovren. He's got far more confidence than Lovren does.