Notices
Closed Thread
Page 75 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 2955

Thread: January Transfer Thread

  1. #2221  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    iam little disapointed how small amount of goals scored lemar,even though they sold almost half a team last year.he should produce more than 3 goals in 19 games. i dont know how that is worth 100m
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2222  
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9,822
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    So would people be appeased by the early signing of Keita after losing Coutinho? Seems the cheap solution, to me. 15m for a player we have already signed, or 60/70m for another quality player like Lemar.
    Both, why not? 140 million in the bank, at least.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #2223  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    42,911
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    We did, but now we have just received a huge fee for Coutinho and the most likely replacement is paying 10/15m more for a player we've already signed. Pay that and pocket the rest.

    I'm just feeling a bit underwhelmed with FSG recently. I always saw the good side of them but it does feel like they only spend big when they sell big. I'll be happy if I'm proven wrong, but I'm not expecting it.
    it makes sense to get keita in now and save the big bucks to spend in the summer window unless of course klopps ideal payer s avaiable now which is unlikely

    i would certainly be happier with keita in than no one else in.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #2224  
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,798
    When we sold Suarez to Barcelona, Sanchez was supposed to come the other way. But he did not, and the reason given was that he and his family wanted to live in London, so he went to Arsenal. Now it looks like he is going to one of the Manchester clubs this window. Does anyone else find that ironic? Perhaps he thinks Manchester is closer to London than Liverpool.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #2225  
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    We did, but now we have just received a huge fee for Coutinho and the most likely replacement is paying 10/15m more for a player we've already signed. Pay that and pocket the rest.

    I'm just feeling a bit underwhelmed with FSG recently. I always saw the good side of them but it does feel like they only spend big when they sell big. I'll be happy if I'm proven wrong, but I'm not expecting it.
    Klopp is not a puppet, and he has clearly stated in several interviews, Liverpool tried everything to convince coutinho to stay. Imo signing vvd as quick as they could was the final attempt to persuade him Liverpool was the place to be, in the end klopp decided it was time to end the media circus and agreed to the sale... Fsg have backed klopp in every single way possible, they know 1000% he is what Liverpool need. So let's stop looking for every opportunity to turn on fsg, they saved this club, and since taking over have expanded anfield, are building new training /academy facilities, brought in one of the top managers in world football, backed him in the transfer market and simply turned this club back around and now we are not only heading in the right direction, there's a true buzz around the club
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #2226  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    42,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonst View Post
    Klopp is not a puppet, and he has clearly stated in several interviews, Liverpool tried everything to convince coutinho to stay. Imo signing vvd as quick as they could was the final attempt to persuade him Liverpool was the place to be, in the end klopp decided it was time to end the media circus and agreed to the sale... Fsg have backed klopp in every single way possible, they know 1000% he is what Liverpool need. So let's stop looking for every opportunity to turn on fsg, they saved this club, and since taking over have expanded anfield, are building new training /academy facilities, brought in one of the top managers in world football, backed him in the transfer market and simply turned this club back around and now we are not only heading in the right direction, there's a true buzz around the club
    fsg are what they are

    owners with a business plan not a huge sack of cash to buy the title
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #2227  
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    36
    As far as January goes, signing vvd and bringing keita early would be fine by me, yes we've lost the little magician but anyone we brought in now would, 1 be at huge cost 2 be living in Phil's shadow instantly.. Wait 6 months so the dust settles. Work on signing goerztka and vrij prior to the world Cup.. Then we'd have 2 signings to make... Migs replacement oblank or Allison, and Phil's replacement, greizman lemar draxler..... Being in the champions league 2 yrs on the trot holds a lot of weight.... Who knows what little gem might sparkle during the World Cup
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #2228  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    16,546
    We need either a top GK and try to win games 1-0 nill until the summer or a top midfielder because our midfield is awful and we may miss out on top 4 because of it.
    "The best way not to lose is to win." - Jurgen Klopp 06/12/2017
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #2229  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    42,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Warten Auf 19 View Post
    We need either a top GK and try to win games 1-0 nill until the summer or a top midfielder because our midfield is awful and we may miss out on top 4 because of it.
    was it so awful last season up to xmas? winning 3 and 4 nil weekly with hendo gini lallana as the midfield 3

    your comments are ridiculous
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #2230  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    16,546
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    was it so awful last season up to xmas? winning 3 and 4 nil weekly with hendo gini lallana as the midfield 3

    your comments are ridiculous
    Hendo and Gini are garbage, it was the front 4 doing all the work. Why don't you talk about what happened after xmas with that amazing midfield?
    Last edited by Warten Auf 19; 13-1-18 at 20:40.
    "The best way not to lose is to win." - Jurgen Klopp 06/12/2017
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #2231  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    42,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Warten Auf 19 View Post
    Hendo and Gini are garbage, it was the front 4 doing all the work. Why don't you talk about what happened after that xmas with that amazing midfield?
    what happeed after xmas wasnt the faut of the midfield

    it was the lack of quality wide replacements for phil and mane that was the problem, its a problem we stil have
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #2232  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    16,546
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    what happeed after xmas wasnt the faut of the midfield

    it was the lack of quality wide replacements for phil and mane that was the problem
    Meaning the midfield was useless in the first place. We can't win games relying on Henderson and Wijnaldum. Both should be replaced in the summer.
    Last edited by bilsland; 13-1-18 at 23:33. Reason: Quote edited
    "The best way not to lose is to win." - Jurgen Klopp 06/12/2017
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #2233  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    42,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Warten Auf 19 View Post
    Meaning the midfield was useless in the first place. We can't win games relying on Henderson and Wijnaldum. Both should be replaced in the summer.
    we re not relying on gini and hendo to win us games though

    seems gini won us a few including scoring the goal against ** next opponents in this fixture last season but never mind that

    salah firmino and mane are there to win us games, the midfield 3 there to provide a platform for them to win them

    coutinho is gone... get the **** over it and stop whingeing like a baby
    Last edited by bilsland; 13-1-18 at 23:33. Reason: Quote edited
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #2234  
    naturalskill is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    32,628
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    what happeed after xmas wasnt the faut of the midfield

    it was the lack of quality wide replacements for phil and mane that was the problem, its a problem we stil have
    you mean like this guy
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #2235  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    42,911
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalskill View Post
    you mean like this guy
    i saw that rumour... bit left field....
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #2236  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    16,546
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    we re not relying on gini and hendo to win us games though

    seems gini won us a few including scoring the goal against ** next opponents in this fixture last season but never mind that

    salah firmino and mane are there to win us games, the midfield 3 there to provide a platform for them to win them

    coutinho is gone... get the **** over it and stop whingeing like a baby
    Who is whinging? If we don't react to the sale of our best player then we will fail, that is the point of the discussion. players like Wijnaldum and in particular Henderson do not add anything to the team, we need someone in there that can actually move the ball forward with some vision.

    Can and Lallana are fine, now we need a 3rd to partner them until the summer.
    Last edited by bilsland; 13-1-18 at 23:34. Reason: Personal insult
    "The best way not to lose is to win." - Jurgen Klopp 06/12/2017
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #2237  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    42,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Warten Auf 19 View Post
    Who is whinging? If we don't react to the sale of our best player then we will fail, that is the point of the discussion. players like Wijnaldum and in particular Henderson do not add anything to the team, we need someone in there that can actually move the ball forward with some vision.

    Can and Lallana are fine, now we need a 3rd to partner them until the summer.
    emre dds no more than gini does and doesnt even want to be here

    and we re trying everything we can to bring in keita now

    quit whining

    last years midfield will be fine
    Last edited by bilsland; 13-1-18 at 23:35. Reason: Quote edited
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #2238  
    TheSoundLady is online now Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Warten Auf 19 View Post
    We need either a top GK and try to win games 1-0 nill until the summer or a top midfielder because our midfield is awful and we may miss out on top 4 because of it.
    Lol we're in a great position for the top 4, settle down.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #2239  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    16,546
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    emre dds no more than gini does and doesnt even want to be here

    and we re trying everything we can to bring in keita now

    quit whining

    last years midfield will be fine
    Last years midfield will not be fine because Coutinho was the creative spark. Can is a MUCH better holding midfielder than Gini, he can't even play there. Keita isn't a holding midfielder either.

    Coutinho gone, Can going. Our midfield is done for, we need replacements quickly.
    "The best way not to lose is to win." - Jurgen Klopp 06/12/2017
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #2240  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    16,546
    ?.....
    Last edited by bilsland; 13-1-18 at 23:39. Reason: You can criticise but not by using personal insults such as you have about our players. It's unacceptable on this site.
    "The best way not to lose is to win." - Jurgen Klopp 06/12/2017
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #2241  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    34,052
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    emre dds no more than gini does and doesnt even want to be here

    and we re trying everything we can to bring in keita now

    quit whining

    last years midfield will be fine
    Henderson is perpetually injured, Wijnaldum has been in poor form all season, and Lallana has only just came back into the team after a long time out and there's no guarantee he'll be as good as he was last season.

    Yep, absolutely fine.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #2242  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    26,075
    Gareth Bale for Salah in a straight swap, what clown came up with that story.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #2243  
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by Warten Auf 19 View Post
    Last years midfield will not be fine because Coutinho was the creative spark. Can is a MUCH better holding midfielder than Gini, he can't even play there. Keita isn't a holding midfielder either.

    Coutinho gone, Can going. Our midfield is done for, we need replacements quickly.
    Keita can play as a holding midfielder just fine. Kante's got nothing on him in that respect. I do agree that the midfield together with the GK spot is the last horde that needs to be taken to become a topsquad. But it isn't as dramatic as you make it to be. Keita, Lallana with either Henderson or Wijnaldum is more than adequate. Get 2 quality additions and it's a worldbeater midfield.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #2244  
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,145
    Does anyone think Sanchez will go to Utd? They are not going far under Mourinho, surely waitin for City is the best option for him in the summer
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #2245  
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,031
    Quote Originally Posted by LIKE--A--VIRGIL View Post
    Does anyone think Sanchez will go to Utd? They are not going far under Mourinho, surely waitin for City is the best option for him in the summer
    According to the Liverpool Echo it looks like we're willing to meet his 300k a week wages.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #2246  
    Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    16,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Solstice1983 View Post
    Keita can play as a holding midfielder just fine. Kante's got nothing on him in that respect. I do agree that the midfield together with the GK spot is the last horde that needs to be taken to become a topsquad. But it isn't as dramatic as you make it to be. Keita, Lallana with either Henderson or Wijnaldum is more than adequate. Get 2 quality additions and it's a worldbeater midfield.
    Are you serious? Kante is the best DM in the world, followed by Casemiro. Keita isn't on that level defensively.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #2247  
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,339
    Quote Originally Posted by LIKE--A--VIRGIL View Post
    Does anyone think Sanchez will go to Utd? They are not going far under Mourinho, surely waitin for City is the best option for him in the summer
    Now Liverpool are linked.

    I don't believe it myself. I think agents are using the media to get Sanchez the best deal from the Manchester clubs.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #2248  
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,721
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    Now Liverpool are linked.

    I don't believe it myself. I think agents are using the media to get Sanchez the best deal from the Manchester clubs.
    I'll be amazed if either Sanchez or Keita are here by end of the window.
    loyal since 1960.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #2249  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    26,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Warten Auf 19 View Post
    Are you serious? Kante is the best DM in the world, followed by Casemiro. Keita isn't on that level defensively.
    Keita is the complete midfielder, someone who does everything well, that's why klopp was so determined to get him.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #2250  
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Whompy Whomperson View Post
    According to the Liverpool Echo it looks like we're willing to meet his 300k a week wages.
    Can't see that happenning myself.....
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •