Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So Can leaves for free and Phil goes for £120 mill? What do you do??

Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    We tried to pay for Keita last summer, we tried to also buy Lemar and VVD. We have plenty of money available without selling anyone.
    I hope this is right , as we need plenty of first teamers in unless we want to continue down same path

Hopefully in jan we get at least two in
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bagaante View Post
    I hope this is right , as we need plenty of first teamers in unless we want to continue down same path

Hopefully in jan we get at least two in
    We officially bid for Keita and Lemar, we also 100% wanted VVD for around the £60m mark. We have money I'm certain of that. We will have more money in the Summer as aswell, im certain of that.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...r-bid-13544182 - Lemar bid of £65m up to £75m

Will Klopp spend it is the question?

JurgenBelieveUs is online now Academy prospect
    I feel like Keita will functionally be our Coutinho replacement. He can thread a ball, beat players and score all by himself.

Goretzka would be ace but I'd be equally happy to see Can replaced by a holding player especially with the uncertainty over Hendo.

Lemar would be a bonus. I'm more interested in finding two top class CBs.

Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    We officially bid for Keita and Lemar, we also 100% wanted VVD for around the £60m mark. We have money I'm certain of that. We will have more money in the Summer as aswell, im certain of that.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...r-bid-13544182 - Lemar bid of £65m up to £75m

Will Klopp spend it is the question?
    If he doesn’t then it will be his final season should we not compete top end and win something
    I don’t think klopp has a problem spending on the right players, I think we need to offer him more and better choices

I'm imagining Keita comes out of next season's transfer budget, though that should be fairly hefty as our net spend has been low in recent years. As always I'm sure much will depend on whether we qualify for the CL, in terms of budget, the players we can attract and how big our squad needs to be.

So Keita replaces Emre and leaves us whatever we get for Phil minus £55m to spend on a new attacking player which I'm sure will be a top priority for Klopp. Perhaps Lemar for around £70m but it's hard to say from this far out.

The need for a centre back is obvious so that has to be the next priority, and then for me it's goalkeeper, left back and defensive midfielder.

I'd like to see us get on the front foot in the transfer market for real this summer. I'd like to see us looking further afield than Southampton for young talent.

Go all out to buy young talent from South America who would qualify for a work permit straight away, maybe go for someone like Nicolas De La Cruz (Ps. im 40 and i dont play playstation, I do occasionally watch football in the middle of the night as I work nightshifts) I just think if we are to succeed we need to not forget young talent.

There has been so much emphasis on buying the finished article we must not forget that young talented lads are hungry for success and will be keen to play for us at the top level.

Quote Originally Posted by JurgenBelieveUs View Post
    I feel like Keita will functionally be our Coutinho replacement. He can thread a ball, beat players and score all by himself.

Goretzka would be ace but I'd be equally happy to see Can replaced by a holding player especially with the uncertainty over Hendo.

I dont think Keita is being bought to replace Couts. Very different player who would play well beside Couts/Lemar and would share the DM role with a Can/Goretzka type player. I dont see Hendo as a starter next season.

Quote Originally Posted by 77red96 View Post
    I'd like to see us get on the front foot in the transfer market for real this summer. I'd like to see us looking further afield than Southampton for young talent.

Go all out to buy young talent from South America who would qualify for a work permit straight away, maybe go for someone like Nicolas De La Cruz (Ps. im 40 and i dont play playstation, I do occasionally watch football in the middle of the night as I work nightshifts) I just think if we are to succeed we need to not forget young talent.

There has been so much emphasis on buying the finished article we must not forget that young talented lads are hungry for success and will be keen to play for us at the top level.
    I’m all for buying young players too and personally I’d love to see us sign Matthijs de Ligt from Ajax. Young CB who has huge potential and could partner VVD excellently.

Quote Originally Posted by QuatreVingt16 View Post
    I dont think Keita is being bought to replace Couts. Very different player who would play well beside Couts/Lemar and would share the DM role with a Can/Goretzka type player. I dont see Hendo as a starter next season.
    Nobody ever sees Hendo as a starter next season, but yet he always starts

Quote Originally Posted by JurgenBelieveUs View Post

If Klopp retains the 4-3-3 Keita provides arguably more balance than Couts in the midfield three & albeit different players I get your point.

BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bagaante View Post
    If he doesn’t then it will be his final season should we not compete top end and win something
    I don’t think klopp has a problem spending on the right players, I think we need to offer him more and better choices
    Klopp himself said he had a choice of 20 odd players when he choose Salah. I'm pretty sure he had a big list of full backs and centre backs as well in the summer when he wanted VVD and Mendy. As we have seen in the past with the likes of Texiera, Draxler, Gotze, Brandt and recently with Mendy and VVD, If Klopp doesn't get his man he very rarely goes with other options. Klopp couldn't land Keita so instead of buying someone else, he bought Keita for next year.

Acumen is online now First team regular
    If we recruit well, then all is good.

Goretzka, Meyer and Gimenez all for free.

Then consider going crazy on someone like Aubameyang, and a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBarnes79 View Post
    Yeah, its been like this for 5 years. Groundhog Day!

Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    Quote Originally Posted by Morsy View Post
    This seems to be whatís going to happen next summer and interested as to what you would do with our squad if they did end up going though?

Iíd personally go and buy out Oblakís release clause, pay whatever Monaco want for Lemar and then go and try and get Goretzka and a top striker to replace Sturridge. Thatís not including Keitaís arrival or the fact iíd buy Van Dijk in January and another centre back. Mad to think how much work still needs to be done to this squad. Thank god for Salah, Bobby and Mane
    Aubameyang, Nainggolan and Kovačić.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBarnes79 View Post
    And we continue to win nothing which I don't find funny...

Hard to mention any names as we do not know yet who is achievable and who is not. It is basically down to whether we qualify to the CL and how do we do in that completion this year.