Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 96

Thread: Mane Injured Again

  1. #1 Default Mane Injured Again 
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,394
    According to an article in the Daily Mail Sadio Mane has been sent back to Liverpool after feeling the injury in his hamstring again. Thats all we need , Mane out again.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2  
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,012
    I am hoping he is fine, just precautionary measures, an excuse to let him leave international team camp and come back to Liverpool.
    I hate International break though, always something for us.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #3  
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,374
    He is a beast. He will get well soon enough. Its the Lallanas and the coutinhos i am more worried about.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #4  
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian-Red View Post
    He is a beast. He will get well soon enough. Its the Lallanas and the coutinhos i am more worried about.
    he is far from a beast he is starting to get as many injurys as sturridge another player who can't get through 4 or 5 matches in a row without pulling up.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #5  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    54,381
    Could it not be precautionary?

    And weren't we happy that he was coming back and getting some match fitness on international duty before coming back to play for us?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #6  
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23,640
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Could it not be precautionary?

    And weren't we happy that he was coming back and getting some match fitness on international duty before coming back to play for us?
    I think that's exactly what it is.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #7  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    24,347
    I think Klopp said he had requested, that if Senegal got the point they needed for WC qualification...which they did...in the first game...then he would be sent home to get more treatment.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #8  
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9,104
    Hands up if you knew before he left this would happen?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #9  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    24,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Baros--5 View Post
    Hands up if you knew before he left this would happen?
    At lest Phil has declared himself fully fit to play for Brazil....
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #10  
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9,104
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    At lest Phil has declared himself fully fit to play for Brazil....
    Him and bobby will be somehow do more damage to themselves in London than when they normally have those long flights back from Brazik you watch.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #11  
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,392
    Yes we knew that Klopp had requested Senegal to return Mané should they get their points in the first game and perhaps that is what they have done but it still doesn’t eliminate the possibility that he has re-injured himself. Senegal played Friday so he should already be in Merseyside had the former been the case. Does anyone know where he is at present? Or when this injury is supposed to have occurred?
    Nothing on a Mane injury from more reputable sources like Sky or BBC (as reputable as possible!).
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #12  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Can't defend View Post
    he is far from a beast he is starting to get as many injurys as sturridge another player who can't get through 4 or 5 matches in a row without pulling up.
    He's got a long way to go before this can be considered true.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #13  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    24,347
    Quote Originally Posted by QuatreVingt16 View Post
    Yes we knew that Klopp had requested Senegal to return Mané should they get their points in the first game and perhaps that is what they have done but it still doesn’t eliminate the possibility that he has re-injured himself. Senegal played Friday so he should already be in Merseyside had the former been the case. Does anyone know where he is at present? Or when this injury is supposed to have occurred?
    Nothing on a Mane injury from more reputable sources like Sky or BBC (as reputable as possible!).
    He wouldn't be expected back until today at the earliest.

    He didn't appear to be injured during the game.

    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/liverpools-...cation-1646912
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #14  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,837
    I am pretty sure this was a pre-arranged withdrawal..

    He did come back from injury earlier than was predicted and I think he is just back to continue his rehabilitation. He will be in the starting 11 v Soton
    PS ....( fantasy managers dont panic!)
    My ship is coming in.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #15  
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    934
    If Senegal don't need to win their next game it makes sense to bring him back and continue physio and training.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #16  
    TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,307
    Hopefully is just precautionary. To be honest it didn’t sound like they agreed to send him back early either, Klopp requested but it seems they only let him leave because of this ‘niggle’.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #17  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,531
    Don't think this is anything serious. Seem to me that Senegal qualified and they have decided to send a player just back from a hamstring injury baco to their club.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #18  
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,626
    Let’s keep our fingers crossed that it is just a niggle or even just an excuse by the national team management to accede to Klopps request to send him back, without upsetting the natives.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #19  
    LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19,525
    I think he was also due back if they beat South Africa (which they did) it was a tough one with West Ham, as playing him revealed he was fine, but Senegal were always likely to use him.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #20  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    51,096
    Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCushionedHeader View Post
    I think he was also due back if they beat South Africa (which they did) it was a tough one with West Ham, as playing him revealed he was fine, but Senegal were always likely to use him.
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...tness-13893386
    dont look back in anger.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #21  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,527
    As bad as it is to have Mane out - he is arguably our best player- it's not as catastrophic as last season as we now have Salah who provides pace and goals.

    Last season without Mane we had no pace at all in the side and we struggled badly.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #22  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,837
    Quote Originally Posted by danm77 View Post
    As bad as it is to have Mane out - he is arguably our best player- it's not as catastrophic as last season as we now have Salah who provides pace and goals.

    Last season without Mane we had no pace at all in the side and we struggled badly.
    where did you hear he was out?
    My ship is coming in.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #23  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,527
    Quote Originally Posted by youwannabe View Post
    where did you hear he was out?
    True - if he was out.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #24  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12,131
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #25  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,837
    Quote Originally Posted by rosso76 View Post
    No woman no cry.
    My ship is coming in.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #26  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    88,408
    The statement from the Senegalese FA read: "The Senegalese Football Federation informs the national and international opinion that, following the match South Africa against Senegal on Friday, November 10, 2017, in Polokwane, the player Sadio Mane was slightly felt (sic) from his old injury.

    "After consultations between the medical staff of the national team of Senegal and Liverpool, it was decided by mutual agreement to make it available to his club to continue treatment until full recovery."
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #27  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    51,096
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    The statement from the Senegalese FA read: "The Senegalese Football Federation informs the national and international opinion that, following the match South Africa against Senegal on Friday, November 10, 2017, in Polokwane, the player Sadio Mane was slightly felt (sic) from his old injury.

    "After consultations between the medical staff of the national team of Senegal and Liverpool, it was decided by mutual agreement to make it available to his club to continue treatment until full recovery."
    Strange statement to pick the bones out of, we’ll have to see what the clubs says; as other posters have said thankfully we have Phil returning, Salah at full pelt and possibly Lallana returning so it’s not a hammer blow like last season we have enough in the squad to cope
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #28  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12,131
    Quote Originally Posted by youwannabe View Post
    No woman no cry.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #29  
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,233
    the statement basically said felt sight uncomfortable in his hamstring
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #30  
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Can't defend View Post
    the statement basically said felt sight uncomfortable in his hamstring
    Nothing about hamstring was mentioned. Old injury could mean anything.

    I think it may just be PR on the Senegal FA's part to keep up their end of the bargain with LFC for allowing mane to join up with his country, and now that they've qualified, be allowed to return to merseyside. The injury rhetoric is just a convenient excuse.
    Formerly known as PlusSixFiveRed.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •