Notices

View Poll Results: Since taking over from Brendan Rodgers, has Jurgen Klopp improved Liverpool?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    56 88.89%
  • No

    7 11.11%
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 457

Thread: Since taking over from Brendan Rodgers, has Jurgen Klopp improved Liverpool?

  1. #31  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    39,065
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    Looks like Truth to me not Ben Smith... Sorry I meant, The Oracle? Don't know it's so unclear!
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #32  
    canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    19,044
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    When it becomes 3, BH will be the third...
    Guaranteed.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #33  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    39,065
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    Guaranteed.
    (digging up his EPSN stuff ready for combat)
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #34  
    canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    19,044
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Looks like Truth to me not Ben Smith... Sorry I meant, The Oracle? Don't know it's so unclear!
    http://www.preoccupiedterritory.com/...nd-Statler.jpg
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #35  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    39,065
    For the record, any manager who manages to rebuild our attack and replace Suarez's goals, JK has done well in that department. So another improvement.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #36  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    27,917
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    So Umpire Ben Smith and Mysteron are the only 2 to vote no?
    This is a moment in time and at this moment -
    in 6 months time you may have a different moment in time
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #37  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    39,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    This is a moment in time and at this moment -
    in 6 months time you may have a different moment in time
    As for you. Then we can all eat from the cherry cake.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #38  
    canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    19,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    This is a moment in time and at this moment -
    in 6 months time you may have a different moment in time
    Confucius at his best. Completely confused.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #39  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    17,437
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    Confucius at his best. Completely confused.
    Nothing new.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #40  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    33,170
    Yes, clearly. When people think of Rodgers, I think they remember the Suarez season above all others. Look at how bad we were when he left, and how boring our football was to watch. Klopp took over an extremely average squad, and has gotten the best out of one or two (Lallana and Firmino the prime examples) whilst adding some real quality in the likes of Mane, Salah and Keita to come.

    Do we still have issues? Yes, obviously and it's Klopp's real big test to sort out the defence, for me. He fluffed his lines in the summer with not getting a CB but hopefully that will be put right soon. But are we any better than when Rodgers was here? Yes, and by a long way.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #41  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Rodgers never managed 8th and Klopp never managed 2nd

    At the last measure point - 108 games

    Klopp 50% wins
    Rodgers 54.6% wins

    Klopp may of improved the squad but the proof is in the results and unfortunately he comes up short
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    We are talking about improvements here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Can't beat end product - that is the ultimate improvement

    See, this is the difficulty I have with a poll such as this.

    How does one quantify 'improvement' without tangible results as evidence?

    Poster have commented that the squad is more solid, as evidence of 'improvement.' Is that (a) an actual improvement (without further qualification), or (b) simply an improvement in the chances of success in the future. We have the promise and hope of better things to come - but then again, we had that with Rodgers once in a while, too.

    Nothing has yet actually been achieved. We play better at times, and get embarrassed at times, just the same as before.
    Defence and midfield haven't been substantially improved. The front end has been sharpened a bit, but that's all, essentially.

    We haven't achieved (therefore 'no'), yet that hope of better things increases as the squad 'develops.' (therefore 'yes').

    I will have to consider furtherů
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #42  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,838
    Yes although firstly not sure why this question is necessary (not hating) and if he hadn't then the ownership would be looking at replacing klopp at the end of the season given he's had time to make some improvement - at least on the end of rodger's stewardship where he attempted to "rebuild" (or plug the large gaps that were made/left).

    Reasons I believe klopp has improved Liverpool:
    With the team and new staff lead liverpool to champions league football for the first time since a 2 year absence with a side who can just about compete with some of europe's top teams.
    Signed a world-class player in salah to try to improve our attack.
    Managed to reach 2 finals giving the players a taste of high-pressure atmosphere experience, made mourinho park the bus at anfield twice.
    Like rodgers used home-grown players to integrate into the first team.
    we score free kicks, and defend them okay.

    Played some brilliant football last year with Henderson and Lallana producing some brilliant memories you'd never dream of under the former boss.
    Reasons I believe klopp hasn't improved Liverpool:
    Inconsistent performances away (manager already explained why no 'contingency plans')
    Lost two finals mainly because of workrate/energy not just skill.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #43  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    27,917
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    See, this is the difficulty I have with a poll such as this.

    How does one quantify 'improvement' without tangible results as evidence?

    Poster have commented that the squad is more solid, as evidence of 'improvement.' Is that (a) an actual improvement (without further qualification), or (b) simply an improvement in the chances of success in the future. We have the promise and hope of better things to come - but then again, we had that with Rodgers once in a while, too.

    Nothing has yet actually been achieved. We play better at times, and get embarrassed at times, just the same as before.
    Defence and midfield haven't been substantially improved. The front end has been sharpened a bit, but that's all, essentially.

    We haven't achieved (therefore 'no'), yet that hope of better things increases as the squad 'develops.' (therefore 'yes').

    I will have to consider further…
    Exactly - nothing has been achieved
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #44  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    22,364
    Klopp got us back into the CL in his first full season...Rodgers only got us into the Champions League once in his 3 seasons here...or should I say it was Luis Suarez who did it for him.

    I know people want to look at the stats but there is no question we are a better team under Klopp, despite our poor defense.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #45  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    27,917
    For the people that say we have improved - our wages are at 210m per year and still we have no reward

    There are clubs out there doing better with less
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #46  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    22,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    For the people that say we have improved - our wages are at 210m per year and still we have no reward

    There are clubs out there doing better with less
    So you think we were better under Rodgers?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #47  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    24,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    For the people that say we have improved - our wages are at 210m per year and still we have no reward

    There are clubs out there doing better with less
    Who?
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #48  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    22,364
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Who?
    Exactly....there aren't any
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #49  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    22,364
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Yes, clearly. When people think of Rodgers, I think they remember the Suarez season above all others. Look at how bad we were when he left, and how boring our football was to watch. Klopp took over an extremely average squad, and has gotten the best out of one or two (Lallana and Firmino the prime examples) whilst adding some real quality in the likes of Mane, Salah and Keita to come.

    Do we still have issues? Yes, obviously and it's Klopp's real big test to sort out the defence, for me. He fluffed his lines in the summer with not getting a CB but hopefully that will be put right soon. But are we any better than when Rodgers was here? Yes, and by a long way.
    That 13/14 season was Rodgers only highlight....all his other seasons were crap. He didn't even take us to one final in any competition. Suarez and co frankly made him look a better manager than he was/is
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #50  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    17,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    So you think we were better under Rodgers?
    What's the criteria for 'better'?

    How is it measured?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #51  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    27,917
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Who?
    we are 7th in europe in wages - yet we are ranked 34th in UEfa -


    you do the maths
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #52  
    LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    88,391
    Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    What's the criteria for 'better'?

    How is it measured?
    Not worse
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #53  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    27,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    So you think we were better under Rodgers?
    Personally I am not a fan of Rodgers or Klopp - too defensively open, no winning idea -

    Rodgers gave me the worst squad in my lifetime - Klopp has brought in more overpaid underachievers
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #54  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    17,175
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Not worse
    In days gone by we'd have Holywood with the 'tangible, measurable improvement' thread.

    Now look at us...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #55  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    Klopp got us back into the CL in his first full season...Rodgers only got us into the Champions League once in his 3 seasons here...or should I say it was Luis Suarez who did it for him.

    I know people want to look at the stats but there is no question we are a better team under Klopp, despite our poor defense.
    Potentially, I'd have to agree. Is 'potential' an improvement, though? When all's said and done, it's still just Pie In The Sky.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #56  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    22,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Personally I am not a fan of Rodgers or Klopp - too defensively open, no winning idea -

    Rodgers gave me the worst squad in my lifetime - Klopp has brought in more overpaid underachievers
    Really like who? Salah? Mane? Give me a break mate
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #57  
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    Really like who? Salah? Mane? Give me a break mate
    Then there's Karius, Grujic, Robertson, Matip, Klavan, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain.

    All of these have been the subject of much debate, as to their worth.… and potential etc.

    Salah, Mane and possibly Solanke have been the better signings for me.


    This might be better served in the Squad Thread, so i'll add the point that the first lot of signings might be regarded as being of little or no improvement… whereas the last three could well be judged in a better light.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #58  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    22,364
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Then there's Karius, Grujic, Robertson, Matip, Klavan, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain.

    All of these have been the subject of much debate, as to their worth.… and potential etc.

    Salah, Mane and possibly Solanke have been the better signings for me.


    This might be better served in the Squad Thread, so i'll add the point that the first lot of signings might be regarded as being of little or no improvement… whereas the last three could well be judged in a better light.
    Let's see mate.....Jurgen has pulled things back the last 3 games. Hopefully we can carry on the winning run
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #59  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    21,853
    Quote Originally Posted by S_7 View Post
    Yes we nearly won the title under Rodgers, but I think as a whole we are more solid now.
    Sorry I had to stop laughing

    Let's see Brendan Rodgers was attacking minded and didn't care about defence as we leaked too many goals

    Klopp attacking minded manager but couldn't build a defence as we leak too many goals

    Yep I can see that we more solid now
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #60  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    16,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Personally I am not a fan of Rodgers or Klopp - too defensively open, no winning idea -

    Rodgers gave me the worst squad in my lifetime - Klopp has brought in more overpaid underachievers
    Rodgers made a better team then Roy
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •